1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

'Melmoth is very Good at being Bad/Evil/Incompetent.'

They all do. The closer they are to 'Orcus On His Throne' trope the better the resolution is. Of course they are also contractually obligated to only use the information they get this way to make extremely vague and open-ended ominous statements that must be capped with some variant of 'All according to plan'.

Or he could try to assimilate it before it stats moving. That's still an option, right? I mean we all know it will mysteriously fail to work but it's an option.

2. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

I don't see who you would think that?

3. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Because the guy was asking him to save his friends and was desperate.

Cuchulin likes this.
  4. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Then he might say 'I pray that you,' or because he's talking the way those characters really do talk, he might shorten it to 'I pray you,' like he did in the fic, but he certainly wouldn't say 'I pray to you.' That's what confuses me about your post.

EDIT: He doesn't think that Paul is his god, after all.

moralrelativity likes this.
  5. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Yeah, but desperation can make people do some odd things.

6. Agent Orange

Would you pray to an orange glowing, spandex wearing Brit, no matter how desperate you were?
    I don't know about you but he doesn't scream trustworthy to me. He doesn't even like tea! How do you trust a person like that?

7. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Well if he saved me from being controlled by a monster, then yes.

He's certainly more trustworthy that the evil fairy guy.

And that guy didn't know he doesn't like tea, hell he may not care that he dislikes tea.

Paul also doesn't wear spandex.

He either wears power armour or ordinary body armour.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  8. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

:rolleyes: You know what I meant...

True, true. It's practically in the contract for the system, after all. And you do not want to break that contract. Of course, there's always the "I'll get you next time, [Hero name here]... Next time!" variant.

Eh, he's probably considering the likelihood of it disintegrating, exploding or waking up early if he tries it. If not various combinations of any or all three.

9. Agent Orange

Details! He is still scandalously dressed by local standards. They are a society of proud magic users, only meatshields warriors wear heavy armor and only rogues wear light body armour so I doubt it earned him any points with them. Also you saw how shamelessly he propositioned that poor Warlock woman.

Prince Charon and Cuchulin like this.
  10. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I know you're joking, but I still feel the need to make these statements.

I don't think they'd care that he's wearing armor, even if they don't use it that much, which is doubtful, they may still see it as practical thing to do, but may not do it because the magic they put on their clothes is more than enough protection.

This guy also doesn't know about the warlock woman and he just offered to alter them.

11. Agent Orange

Not to mention that actually succeeding would short-circuit the miniboss fight and we can't have that!

Chojin Patriarch likes this.
  12. Lysis

Lysis Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

It messed up Captain Marvel pretty bad, so I don't think it's just restricted to angels, demons and gods.

Austin Pharos and Darko like this.
  13. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    [​IMG]
    Thank you, corrected.

14. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

No, he did what any necromancer in Dnd would do-find the best corpses to make a superminion out of.

A Kryptonian? A Martian? A New God? A Maltusian? An Elemental (some elementals, like Sprout/Tefe, have bodies instead of being made out of their element like Swampy)? An Almeraci? A Trommian?

If he was really industrious, he could have stitched together a corpse with the benefits of several species.

15. Agent Orange

And somehow the resulting Frankenstein's Melmoth's Monster would have all the benefits but none of the downsides of all of it parts. You know, this makes an even better case for OL at least attempting to assimilate it. Stealing a fruit of Melmoth's efforts right under his nose would feel even better than destroying it. And OL could really use a new superpowered slave. He either lost or forgot all his earlier ones.

BBJimmy, Darko and Ngamer11 like this.
  16. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

Normally I’d agree, but I have a soft spot for intelligent undead (and flesh golems) after reading about Quilt in Dominic Deegan. So let’s try Paul’s social-first, before the situation escalates to “purge everything.”

17. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

My bet is on a New God, or maybe even Aurekle.

If he was uplifted by New Gods then maybe they also made him into a New God, or at least made him a bit more powerful on a metaphysical level than your average person.

Still it is possible that Melmoth traveled to other planets and took some people from there, or kidnapped aliens that came to Earth.

Do you mean Element Lad's species from Legion of Superheroes?

If so then that's probably one of the most godlike species out there, given what he was able to do when he went insanе.

Cuchulin and Someguy Somewhere like this.
  18. Agent Orange

I'm pretty sure the situation escalated to "purge everything" the moment they found out about Melmoth's attempt at arcane bionano grey goo getting activated. Summoning Ophi-chan and telling her to go nuts should've been his immediate reaction but whatever, we'll see where this mess goes.

On another note, what's up with Melmoth here? Is he dead dead? Only mostly dead? Pulling a Zola? Were they talking with a VI? I don't know if I'm just having a reading comprehension failure or if the characters themselves don't know?

Cuchulin likes this.
  19. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

My bet is either on that Zola thing, or Melmoth survived somehow and is now in some kind of bunker hiding.

20. Agent Orange

Like Mr House huh? I could see it.

Darko likes this.
  21. lancelot

lancelot Grand High Poobah

More then likely not. Despite ignoring or out right pissing on a number of stupid tropes, Zoat has a serious problem with having Paul Sandbag until the last possible moment even when he has no possible reason to hold back against someone like this asshole and every reason to end this as quickly as possible.

22. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Billy was blessed by a number of gods however.

Though you could be right.

Cuchulin likes this.
  23. BlueMangoAdea

BlueMangoAdea Alive. For now.

Isn't the two most fundamental things the Sword of the Fallen do prevent magical healing and reincarnate the killed target as vanilla mortal? So theoretically, Melmoth would be turned into a "vanilla" Sheeda(is there such a thing?), I think? Not that Paragon has the Sword anymore.

Cuchulin likes this.
  24. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The only ones that it's turned into ordinary mortals after killing them have been arcane being like the First, and Lord of Chaos.

Angels are still able to use magic after they get turned, but only mortal magic.

The Sheeda may not be able to heal after they are stabbed by the Sword, but whether or not it makes them into ordinary mortals is unknown since they appear to be just a race that uses magic and not say a full on arcane life form.

The only thing we can do at this point is speculate.

Cuchulin likes this.
  25. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I know that back when the Puritans were kidnapped they used to give alcohol to children, but that was because it was safer than the water.

Now they may have some device or magic that allows them to clean the water, but whether they drink booze is anyone's guess.

Red Tornado Abridged already answered this question.

RT Abridged: Because magic you fucking potato.

OL is in his lair.

He may be able to see the rounds, but doesn't know how they work.

Even if they can't be seen by magic the Sheeda do have ordinary non magical tech around and the rounds don't block that.

It's fairly simple to process actually.

While an ordinary Sheeda would whip you with a flaming whip a hundred times Melmoth would do it just 99 times.

I recommend you watch that Nuremberg TV movie with Alec Baldwin and see one of the Nazis on trial say how he revolutionized the death camps so as to not be cruel.

Or watch the Waltz episode of DS9 where Dukat gives justifications of how he was a better and more fair tyrant than those who came before him.

OL is a British guy and if I remember correctly I think that Zoat once mentioned that Paul sounds kinda like a young Tom Hiddleston.

Now I'm imagining Thor from the MCU mistaking that version of Paul for his brother.

"Loki why are wearing so much orange instead of green, and why are you more muscular"

26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Oh I disagree.

Here's a good example of those two working in a sentence:

"...and when the fiend Melmoth died by having a bomb shoved up his ass a good day was had by all"

27. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

You may want to rethink that golem idea.

After all as SNL showed us the cycle of abuse can continue.

Seriously The Rock is one of the best hosts this show has ever had.

The nonchalant way in which he delivers his lines are some of the best things you're ever likely to see or hear.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  28. Bolo

Bolo Know what you're doing yet?

So if he tries to assimilate it disintegrates... yeah sounds really badass.

Cuchulin likes this.
  29. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I wonder if the same would happen if the Ophidian is the one doing the assimilating?

Darko likes this.
  30. Agent Orange

Then every Sheeda she as much as looks at disintegrates (or gets assimilated) and this storyline abruptly ends with OL giving her head-pats. Sadly, it's not very likely to happen...

Darko likes this.