1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice

Worm: Babel (Worm/Cthulhu Mythos Crossover)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Baked the Author, Aug 6, 2019.

1. corndogman

corndogman Journeyman Munchkin

Or very right if you look at it the right way. Sounds like the start of a sequel, too.

2. Baked the Author

Baked the Author Scion of Nurgle, Verified Consentacle Enthusiast

Or hella tons of omakes and epilogues!

*returns to the pipe organ/keyboard*

3. RaptorusMaximus

RaptorusMaximus Not too sore, are you?

...I think this is the first story that has ever made me actually root for Contessa, nevermind Jack fucking Slash.

I suppose eldrich abominations from beyond time and space have a tendency to do that.

I genuinely wish them the best of luck in setting up Taylor to finish off the Crawling Chaos.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019 at 1:10 AM
  4. GLH

GLH Really?

The funniest thing is that while Nyarlathotep is nigh godly, there's no 'fun' to be had in always being the unstoppable force and unmovable object. Nyarlathotep playing various roles however makes things more amusing and interesting and fun, as it means that by playing a role to the hilt, including any potential limitations and weaknesses associated with that specific role/avatar, it gives a chance for him to have more fun (and for those acting against him in minor ways to have small but meaningless victories).

The scene with Riley reminds me of "The Rapine Storm of Leng", and one of the things tied with that was Leng's biosphere using the reproductive organs of everything it touches/corrupts to create more and better servants for the King In Yellow. The only issue is sometimes the biospheres of the worlds infected fight back just as hard, and given worlds and biosphere tainted with shoggoths and other eldritch things, well, lots of potential for shit to get worse than even the worst case Nilbog scenearios.

More importantly though, given Riley's power is focused on altering, healing, and improving the human form, and given how her reproductive organs have just been altered, Riley's likely going to gain 'new family members' sometime later on who have been tweaked to work with Riley's power. So that sounds like something like the Newt's of Phyrexia. Easily and quickly creatable agents that Riley can modify for whatever is needed.