1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Worm Characters on Stage and Screen

Discussion in 'General' started by Ack, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

I have occasionally encountered characters in movies and TV shows who fit almost exactly what I consider to be the appearance and (sometimes) the attitudes of characters from Worm.

Here are my picks so far:

Emily Piggot (Camryn Mannheim; best portrayal of a Piggot-like role is in Person of Interest, as "Control", ruthless head of a secret government surveillance operation)

Emma and Alan Barnes (Imagery and personality captured perfectly by Molly Ringwald and Tim Gamble, in The Breakfast Club, specifically this screencap).

Taylor as an adult as in Recoil (this is her a decade or two farther on, but this is the image I have of her; Lisa Edelstein as Special Agent Lisa McCord, in Castle).

Anyone else want to add their ideas of what characters would look like?

Dragonin and Chase92 like this.
  2. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

Teenage Taylor with some makeup work done.

The actor's stage name is Lorde. She's not the best singer but her image fits Taylor almost perfectly.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

I tend to imagine Taylor as a taller Summer Glau with glasses, a wider mouth, and no makeup.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Per someone else pointing it out, I'm starting to see Lisa as Natalie Dormer with freckles.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dragonin, Chase92, Cu Roi and 2 others like this.
  4. dasstan

dasstan :)

Maddie Ziegler, especially in her Sia wig, has become my default mental image of Bonesaw.

Karl Urban or Jon Hamm for Colin. Probably more Jon Hamm, because of the Manly Beard.

Lucy Liu is the face of Dragon, which doesn't really make sense, since Dragon's avatar is described as being perfectly average, but hey, what can you do?

Stanley Tucci circa The Devil Wears Prada for Glenn

Dylan O'Brien for Clockblocker (admittedly type casting), or perhaps Alec, if they stuck him in a good enough wig. Barring that than a younger Jackson Rathbone.

Chloe Moretz as everyone's favorite smirky smug face.

That's all I've got at the moment.
    edit: I lied. Rashida Jones as Hannah.
    edit 2: I changed my mind. Meryl Streep for everybody.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  5. Xilph

Xilph Well worn.

Ever since I read it done over in the drunk Coil CYOA I've been unable to get the idea of Coil as Morgan Freeman out of my head, I know it's wrong but the idea is just so amusing and as mentioned in the story it explains a little how they managed to convince people to do what they wanted.
    Meryl Streep as Piggot vs Morgan Freeman as Calvert, then just have Calvert not trigger but still become Coil and you've got the ultrabadass normals generally rolling over everyone by sheer force of personality.

6. DeAnno

DeAnno Power over Versatility

Wow, Lorde does make a good Hollywood Taylor. The hair is perfect, and her face is unusual enough; she has the very intense look that I tend to imagine on Taylor. She's only 5'5'', but she's pretty slim, and she's got a bigger chest than Taylor but not hilariously so.

Dragonin, Chase92 and doomlord9 like this.
  7. WizardTwo

WizardTwo Not too sore, are you?

I'll repeat what I said in this thread on SB a year or two ago.

Dragonin, aoirann, Chase92 and 3 others like this.
  8. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

The way I put it after the original posting on SB was that it was the PRT glamorizing her in an attempt to reduce the terror she inspires by showing that she's pretty attractive once they manage to peel her out of the Skitter-Suit and convince her to not have bugs crawling on her.

Also I think Taylor's self image affects how she sees her breast size. I image her as a solid A-cup or low B-cup because she mentions once in a fight with Tohu/Bohu she only barely dodged a blade and it cut the underside of her breast. He internal thought was 'How did they manage to hit such a small target?' but she can't have an underside to her breast if she is as flat as she thinks she is.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  9. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

I think Kevin Spacey would make a better Coil than Morgan Freeman.

10. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

Note that this is after she turns 18. She's had two years to develop.

11. Weero

Weero Taijiquan Novice

Johnny Depp as Jack Slash or bust. :p

12. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

John Doe and Verbal Kint? Yeah, I see it.

13. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

Every time NPC makes a post, the Avatar makes me think of Cultist!Taylor.

Thus I nominate the character Morgana from BBC's Merlin as another good image for Taylor.

As a disclaimer I have never seen the show, I have no idea if the personalities match. I only care that NPC's avatar get to me every time I see it.

Cultist!Taylor
    [​IMG]

Taylor had a bad day
    [​IMG]

Skitter Glamor pic
    [​IMG]

14. pepperjack

pepperjack A Variety of Cheese

I can see where you're coming from, but I much prefer Lorde.

15. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

So do I, but doesn't a good Cultist!Taylor fic sound interesting? It's not like Squealer needed her liver anyway and she's a Tinker, she can just make a new one if it really bothers her that much.

That's the only one that interested me, the other two were mainly for filler. You can blame NPC for her avatar and posting where I could see it.