• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

XF2 transition feedback

So, they have 0 posts at all? Because...
I've had someone respond to a PM with zero posts shortly before the move, although he'd made a profile post and that may have counted.
Theoretically. I've not wiped any of the cookies for QQ and I keep having to change it.
Note that QQ has separate cookies for logging in through the site with and without "forum." in it; check that your browser is accepting and not auto-wiping cookies from both questionablequesting.com and forum.questionablequesting.com. Not sure this is relevant, but it could be.

Note that QQ has separate cookies for logging in through the site with and without "forum." in it; check that your browser is accepting and not auto-wiping cookies from both questionablequesting.com and forum.questionablequesting.com. Not sure this is relevant, but it could be.
Allow me to clarify. I have wiped no cookies relating to either version of QQ at all. It still keeps changing width on me. I literally just reset it to what I want again.

Every time i flip my phone it shoots me off to a random part of the thread.
It's been happening since day one.

Every time i flip my phone it shoots me off to a random part of the thread.
It's been happening since day one.
Same happens when you change the zoom on desktop
Its due to the compression of the page and how much content fits on said pages width
Does the same on sb and sv and i dont really think there is a fix since it happens on other sites as well

Not sure if this has been noted yet but this happened to at least one thread so far.
[ ][Information] Leave a handwritten note:
-[ ][Information] With the scary teacher with glasses (Senjutsu + Skullduggery, DC 80)
-[ ][Information] In the Headmaster's Office (Senjutsu + Skullduggery, DC 70)
-[ ][Information] With Seekvaira Agares (Senjutsu + Skullduggery, DC 60)
-[ ][Information] With Hifumi Hino (Senjutsu + Skullduggery, DC 80)
[/Information][/Information][/Information][/Information][/Information][/Information][Information][Information][Information][Information][Information][Information][/Information][/Information][/Information][/Information][/Information][/Information]

According to the bbcode page, it does moderator info boxes: https://forum.questionablequesting.com/help/bb-codes/
Oh, that could be annoying. The [Information] tag was just a vote task, but because of the use of []'s for tasks, it can be grabbed as BBCode, even if only the moderators should be able to use it. And even if it got fixed for normal users, it would interfere with moderators who attempted to vote for something like that (or put it in their own quests).

It would do the same with Alerts, Warnings, and Stop codes.

NetTally will only see them if they're in the position to be a task on a vote, but the forum will parse them no matter where they are in the text.

The only way I can think to avoid the issue without disabling the info boxes for moderators entirely would be to make it so that the parser for those elements ignores the tag if it immediately follows a non-BBCode tag. That is, [X][Information] would be skipped because the [X] doesn't count as BBCode. Or, I guess, alternatively only register it if it starts at the beginning of a line, since alerts aren't inline elements, and do their own styling, so shouldn't need [B] tags or whatever.

I could also change what NetTally looks for for tasks, but that wouldn't fix existing quests, and would involve getting people to learn a new format for writing votes. Also not sure what else would make good delimiters. Maybe just parens:

[X](Information) Do the thing...

Still, extra work, and I'm not sure who'd need to do it.

Last edited:
Interesting glitch where my notifications were dated to "tomorrow" and "later today".

Refreshing the page fixed things. Still, might be something to look into.

According to the bbcode page, it does moderator info boxes: https://forum.questionablequesting.com/help/bb-codes/

Now I'm wondering if there should be a [ moderator ] [ /moderator ] tag, where inside that tag the various moderator-only commands can be performed.

If the person later steps down as moderator, the tag acts as [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ] instead.

Whenever this [ moderator ] tag is used it might show up on a moderator-only list, so that someone doesn't use it casually.

Apologies if there already has been feedback like this or if it's... minor quibbling about inconsequential details.
  • [Sorta Solved] In default Dark style, any text that has a link inserted into it is barely distinguishable. You can switch to say Blackened Green style or the like, and the words with links will be colored green and that's a solution in of itself, but what about people who prefer the Dark style and don't want to switch up. Would it be possible to change the default color of text with inserted links to something more visible on the Dark style?
  • [?] When you Like posts, it would be preferable that the Like button actually changes in a noticeable way that it could be readable at a glance that you liked the post or not. The button turning into 'Unlike' or 'Remove', like on SB.

Not sure if it's from my end or the website, but when you play a YouTube link in the thread it stays black and stops producing audio after a few seconds. Sometimes it works but stops after a few seconds.

Not sure if this was commented on yet as I am not reading 52 pages to check but I have an issue that didn't exist before the 'upgrade'.

Well 2 issues.

The first is I can never get rid of all alerts for some reason. For days I had 5 alerts being shown though I marked all as read it does go away until new alerts occur. As an example I had 4 alerts from Monday though I viewed them.

That is honestly a minor issue but my second is more annoying.

When I open a new tab in my browser to load an alert it takes me to the bottom of that page instead of the post that created that alert. In other words I click on a story update but am taking to the bottom of that page so need to scroll up through the whole page to find the new post.

Not hard but it is becoming quickly annoying.

I am on a tablet (Latest Android OS) using Firefox. My Ublock has JS and such allowed for this site as since the change JS being disabled makes it all worse.

Which sucks as it seems once a month some new JS vulnerability is found. Welp as I only have it allowed on this site if anything ever happens I know who to blame -_-

The first is I can never get rid of all alerts for some reason. For days I had 5 alerts being shown though I marked all as read it does go away until new alerts occur. As an example I had 4 alerts from Monday though I viewed them.
Yeah, Alerts no longer time out. That's XF2-wide afaik. 'Unread' alerts merely stay at the top of the drop-down list until read (or 26+ of them accrue, then older ones get pushed down).
When I open a new tab in my browser to load an alert it takes me to the bottom of that page instead of the post that created that alert. In other words I click on a story update but am taking to the bottom of that page so need to scroll up through the whole page to find the new post.
...If you leave it for 10-15 seconds, does it still persist or does it self-correct?

It's just, I've seen that behaviour on various other sites when I'm online using a mobile. Near as I can tell in my case, the cause appears to be crappy/slow signal: it drops me where the link would take me if the content were already there, except it takes a while for the page's content to backfill and then another while to kick me up to that point. (Though never as bad, I've also seen similar behaviour here using a laptop w/ broadband dongle, usually on image-threads.)

the change width setting keeps going to default width
okay i mentioned this before and someone said i should revisit pages to see if it is still an issue there, and yes, it is, it even changes the creative writing page, it does not stay the shortened width for very long maybe about a day at best

Yeah, Alerts no longer time out. That's XF2-wide afaik. 'Unread' alerts merely stay at the top of the drop-down list until read (or 26+ of them accrue, then older ones get pushed down).

...If you leave it for 10-15 seconds, does it still persist or does it self-correct?

It's just, I've seen that behaviour on various other sites when I'm online using a mobile. Near as I can tell in my case, the cause appears to be crappy/slow signal: it drops me where the link would take me if the content were already there, except it takes a while for the page's content to backfill and then another while to kick me up to that point. (Though never as bad, I've also seen similar behaviour here using a laptop w/ broadband dongle, usually on image-threads.)

Ah so that is a known thing with alerts? Good to know thanks, as for the second? Nope. If I click the link so it open in the current tab it does load eventually to the correct post.

But when I open a new tab it goes straight to the bottom. I waited a full 60 seconds after it was fully loaded to double check and no joy. Meaning if I want it to work like it used to I would need to open my alerts a dozen+ time each day and then use each one as a single instance to open alerts I want to see.

So the scroll up is quicker by far there, still annoying though.

Could you also bring back the ability to copy/paste images with the right click of the mouse? Again, being forced to use the insert link is annoying.

Last edited:
Okay, so running across an issue I think hasn't been covered before. There may be a setting or option for this, but I don't know it. Maybe I should try out TinyMCE? Dunno.

For the record, I have my editor set to Froala.

Anyway, it's a somewhat common practice to highlight proofreading corrections with a color change. For instance, from a post I'm working on, and removing the actual post links so the author doesn't get double-pinged:

"Idiots" He continued "Today you'll compete in eight physical tests to gauge your potential, whoever comes in last has none, and will be expelled immediately"
Corrected, this should be:
"Idiots," he continued. "Today you'll compete in eight physical tests to gauge your potential. Whoever comes in last has none, and will be expelled immediately."

In the XF1 editor, I'd select the color when applying it the first time, and then that would set a default: Applying subsequent highlights of the same color would be a single-click process, akin to applying italics.

As things are now, I have to select the color every time. It's actually a pretty substantial workflow imposition.

On a related note, and something that predates the XF2 transition, I'd really appreciate a way to quote or copy a post that preserves its internal quotations/quotation tags... but this isn't really the thread for that.

Apparently a thread that had a lock placed on it wasn't locked. We obviously don't know how long it's been unlocked but you might want to take a look at other locked threads to see if they unlocked during the transition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back