1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice

XF2 upgrade

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bugs' started by Walkir, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Walkir

Walkir Super Happy Awesome Fun Time

Considering the SB upgrade is imminent and support ended in June, will end on New Year's eve for security issues, is there an upgrade planned already?

Yes, the optics sucks, but what can you do. Unsupported software shouldn't be an option.

Oh I am slain! likes this.
  2. alethiophile

alethiophile Shadowed Philosopher Administrator

An upgrade is planned, in the weak sense of "I intend to do it". Specifics as to procedure or timeframe are not yet known. Within six months at most.

3. crazyfoxdemon

crazyfoxdemon He Who Laughed Last

*Looks upon XF2 with dread*

4. Psyga315

Psyga315 Experienced.

It is inevitable, Mr. CrazyFoxDemon.

5. Walkir

I just hope QQ ships with the Xenforo default theme activated.
    Can't even choose that on SB. Today may just have become my last day on SB. Real pity, but I always get a headache from those dark themes. Logged in once today to notice, and haven't since. A few automatic misclicks on tabs aside. Damn muscle memory.

january1may likes this.
  6. alethiophile

There's currently the "SpaceBattles -- Light" theme enabled there. Dunno if that would work for you.

In any event, when we upgrade here we will definitely have both light and dark themes available.

Nawaf, searcher8, Sceptic and 2 others like this.
  7. Walkir

Thanks, but I tested both on the test site, light hurts less. Told in the feedback thread I can't test, got ignored. Which is understandable, >>>>99% are happy with the look and it's just optics.
    But then they left it out of the live build.... which, for the default theme, requires active work. At that point, it's not a work saving effort anymore, but "enemy action". Malice? Looking for a good word here.^

8. crazyfoxdemon

crazyfoxdemon He Who Laughed Last

I know... I just really hate the interface on mobile, which where I do a majority of my browsing.

MHLord and ExquisiteTopHat like this.
  9. Jorin

Jorin Mostly A Lurker

The moment this place goes XenForo 2 I'm outta here, and not coming back ever.

10. alethiophile

Before a full upgrade we'll do at least one trial run, and open for comments on what should be changed. Hopefully we can avoid some of the annoyances that have hit SB/SV.

11. Jorin

Jorin Mostly A Lurker

The only way to avoid the horror of Xen2 is to rip the code for Xen1 and Xen2 apart, make the "good stuff" from Xen1 such as look/feel/formatting/GUI/etc. combine with Xen2, and create XenForo 3. That's the only way. Xen2 is a failure that can be pit up on the shelf along with Windows Vista and the first Windows 8 as an example of what not to do.

MHLord, NuclearBird and crazyfoxdemon like this.
  12. chrnno

chrnno Time Traveller

Yeah, should be able to draw from their experience and fixes to make transition a lot better. Besides the outright broken things it also is the weirdest things that come up, for instance SB's watched threads neon green 'checkboxes' just make me wonder why would you even. :confused:

13. Nekraa

Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

So that you can:

• Enable OP email notification
    • Enable email notification
    • Disable email notification
    • Stop watching

several thread at once. Though, I don't really see that as useful.

Walkir likes this.
  14. UrsaTempest

UrsaTempest Fanatical Yuri Bear (and Archivist)

Basically, by default XF2 throw you to something like 'All Watched Thread' option in XF1, like so:

[​IMG]

Walkir and 1986ctcel like this.
  15. chrnno

chrnno Time Traveller

You missed the point, I was talking about it being neon green(seriously it is a full square of this colour) and not looking slightest like a checkbox.

Though the image above explains it since it is the same except for colour(and location), which is kinda weird because my checkboxes in QQ look like actual checkboxes not whatev... Wait I remember that is how it looks in mobile so I guess that is also answered.

AztecCroc likes this.