1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

You Won A Town. They LIVE!

Discussion in 'PbP IC' started by Latewave, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Latewave

Latewave No one remembers who I am anymore.

Re: You Won A Town. Limit breaks for everyone.

Time for loot.

You Got

3000 cash
    Blue Gem that moves like something is inside of it.
    Mechanical parts from all the fish
    A Mechanical Key?

Well you could go further down into the cave and look for more ability cubes via the slides. Or you could check out what's down in the pool now that he water level isn't as high.

You step on a small thing. When you look back it seems to be a tiny reptile looking person. There is another one standing by looking at you in horror.

The other one stands up and points at you.

"He killed me."

"You're not dead, dear."

"He killed me. I'm pining for the Fjords. Waiting for my Halo and wings dead."

"Deader then disco"

"Dear your perfectly fine."

"I'm Deader then Batman's parents"

The female one points at you.

"See what you started. He's going to be like that for hours now."

"Vengeance for my death. I'm haunting you~"

He's floating around your head now.

What?

Virdi nod nods.

"Virdi wants to make a super bug. Better then guard puppy."

Virdi gives the puppy the evil eye.

And suddenly straightens up.

"Something is coming."

Her eyes are glowing green.

Eins and Zwei come back with the unconscious king. He's currently got a massive lump on the top of his head and Eins and Zwei have stripped him of everything save his underwear.

You got

Ifrit Necklace.
    500 cash.
    +20 to any roll that involves hurting Finian.
    Weird Crystal. It reminds you of Elrich.

Moronis does nothing but hears something stomping.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  2. Sargon of Akkad

Sargon of Akkad Getting sticky.

Brad is caught completely off guard, rage giving way to bewilderment.
    "Uh, hi? Uh, sorry about that. Sir. And maam i guess. Yeah."
    Brad is now embarrassed.

3. Moronis

Moronis Know what you're doing yet?

"Uhhhh, Hensworth?" Adam speaks up. "I'm reckoning we got sommat comin' in." He pulls the shovel out and looks around. He looks at Virdi. "Little darlin', you okay to find someplace t' hide?"

4. SupahKiven

SupahKiven Getting sticky.

Hensworth nods "I hear it too." He grips the anchor handle and scans the immediate area. "Alright Virdi, get somewhere safe, we'll come for ya after we deal with whatever's coming. Maybe we can help ya find some bugs afterwards. Run along now." He steps in between the girl and the sound, crouching slightly in preparation.

5. Demjou

Demjou Getting sticky.

Slipping the cash into a pocket, Damian lets Vari and Tesla look through the parts for anything they want for themselves while he looks at the gem and key a bit closer.

"Soon as you two are done, pack the rest up, we're heading back into the pool to see what those guys were guarding."

6. MasterBlade

MasterBlade Getting sticky.

Adeline pokes at the prisoner's equipment, slightly disappointment he was only unconscious. Proper etiquette meant that he would have to be taken prisoner. Because traditions in an old house die hard.

Which is a damn shame because he probably has some hidden escape trick on his sleeve somewhere.

Regardless, she takes the King's Coat as a temporary jacket until she could get something more fitting. She then looks around to all the everything around her, moving her finger between each.

Jack frost point.

"Alright, stories time. You, boy freezer. Who are you? What are you? And why is your sister in an icicle?"

Ifrit point.

"You, angry necklace. Who are you? What are you? And do you need help getting out of that wonderful necklace I might use with an outfit or seven?"

Xander point.

"You, time soldier. Since when have the Allies used ominous glowing against the Germans? And could you stop, that is freaking me out."

Secretat point.

"You, marksman. Good shot, practice hitting the target next time."

Pointing stops.

"And as a general group discussion topic, what are we going to do with the Organ Harvester?"

The mayor fumbles with the crystal in her hands while waiting for someone to start talking. How a CRYSTAL of all things would remind her of him, she'd never know. But it was good to keep one's mind on the final target when so many others spring up.

7. Latewave

The little girl dives into another bush. You kinda wonder how that works as it sorta rippled like water did.

Weird.

Now. Focusing on your hearing you spot the direction it's coming from and prepare. You can see trees being knocked down and hear it too. Whatever it is. It's not a small creature.

The rumbling is getting more intense. You can feel it in your feet.

The female gremlin pats you on the head. How she did it from way down there you have no clue.

"Don't worry about it too much. We were getting bored anyways."

A small wind blows through.

The female gremlin's eyebrow raises up.

"Do you have a puppy with a rake? It's currently fighting a well a squad of lizard things? Don't know the name. It's winning. By like a lot. It just took out another. It's 20 lizard things left out of like fifty."

The male gremlin sits on your head in a meditative position.

"Go on young grasshopper. Kick them while they are down. Kick them in the nads. Kick them in the head. It is the way of the Gremlin."

Your minions run off grabbing all sorts of random things.

Alpha is swimming in a pool nearby.

He's observing something. But we'll get to that in a moment. :p

You find yourself in a cave in a cave. But this one is much different.

It has a resident humanoid.

Well.

Somewhat humanoid.

Half it's body is converted to clockwork after all.

Should I give you the name?

Why not.

Say hello to Wave man.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/228/0/9/waveman_exe_by_higure_san-d2bc3uf.jpg

Virdi has already disappeared into the brush. She's a quick little thing after all.

And then it comes.

Smashing through the trees like a demented koolaid man.

It's a Bull.

Well it's not just a bull. It's a bull the size of a small elephant that's glowing white.

Rampaging Desire of Cattle. Born of the Extinct Auroch.

Say hello to the Phantom Beast

Taurus Buwch

And it's in the middle of a grand old rampage. Have fun.

Jack just shrugs.

"I'm Jack Frost. I'm a Fae. To be more correct I'm an elemental. My sister and I are both of the Ice presumably you can notice this. I'm not quite all ice however. I've got a different father. I have no clue why she's in an Icicle. I'm going to blame him though."

The necklace has Ifrit pounding on it. You think that means he can't get out on his own. Not that he can say anything either.

Xander's glow has faded away.

"Well it wasn't really an Allied thing. It was a more of my own thing. I'm a fairly powerful medium after all. I was just calling on a bit of help from the other side."

Your minion smiles and salutes.

I think she got it from Xander.

Xander puts out a comment on Finian.

"I don't really care. Give him to Jack Frost or give him to Miss Rebecca. Either is a fitting punishment."

The jewel just seems to have a bit of his personality to it. It feels like him.

You look deeper into it and see.

An image of the past.

8. Sargon of Akkad

Brad likes punching things in the nads. Its a talent.
    "Lets go punch things in their dicks. Or genitals. Or whatever."
    Brad runs off with the gremlins to find where all the lizard things are, and immediately takes the rake from the puppy and gales at several of the lizards.

9. Demjou

Demjou Getting sticky.

Cautiously approaching the humanoid for a closer examination, Damian is quite surprised by how advanced the non clockwork parts look. It even seems slightly familar, as if he's seen it in a book or something before. Spotting a switch on the back of its leg, he reaches out to flip it before pulling back as a jolt of electricity suddenly shoots into the construct.

10. Moronis

Adam blinks a bit and looks at the creature for a moment before a thought occurs to him. "Well now." He murmurs out. "That's a right big side of beef. Hensworth, what you reckon we should do?"

11. SupahKiven

"Well I'll be darned. That is the biggest damn bull I've ever seen, and believe me, my uncle had the fattest bull I... uh... anyway." Hensworth keeps his distance, motioning for Adam to take a step back with him. He stares at the beast tearing up the forest. "I think we might have to take it down. Maybe not kill it, but take it down. It just looks pretty bloody angry."

12. Moronis

Adam steps back calmly, nodding. "I'm thinkin' we just try and stay out of the way unless'n it makes the first move. Ain't no call in us rilin' it up any more than it already is if'n we can help it."

13. MasterBlade

In the crystal she sees... a tear. A window. A door.

The tear of a window quickly sews itself shut, leaving the crystal opaque as it was. Adeline is left to reflect on what she saw.

Oh yeah, there's still the deal with the everything else.

"Well Mr. Frost, I do not believe I've introduced myself... to you yet. My name is Mayor Adeline Masters of the Mystholme restoration project. My business concerns the nature of this unnatural ice field which threatens the condition of the forest and nearby settlement. My goal is to see it thawed, or contained in a manner that both you and the nearbyvillage can agree on."

"As you may have noticed, I am an aprentice in fire magic. Apparently. I could try to help your sister out of that ice pillar if you'd like. Not sure how much I could do on my own, but its worth a shot."

14. Latewave

You glimpse the puppy pulling some weird wind trick on one of the lizard things.

Witnessed

*Puppy Cross*

Something is off about the puppy. It's eyes have changed.

One of the lizards slashes at you and leaves a slice on your slide.

However you promptly counter by sweeping it's legs from out from under it. And then smash down the rake onto it.

Idea

*Wind Hammer*

The Gremlins promptly surround one of the lizards. "Hey. I know these things. They're those things."

"The Lizard things. What's the name. Meh."

"Dear, these are Salamands."

They start whirling around the salamand while they keep talking.

It's annoying the Salamand.

While getting a closer look at the humanoid. You notice something. The non clockwork parts, they aren't fake. It's a flesh and blood human.

And it's waking up.

Who the fuck would do this.

"Number 2 of 8. Wave, awaaaa-aakeenned. Why? Why? Why? Am I. I. What. I."

You aren't getting anything coherent out of that for the moment.

The Bull smashes down another few trees around you. It's not really paying attention to you.

However.

For whatever reason. It's getting closer and closer to Adam.

I wonder why?

It keeps getting closer to you. It may not notice you however. You start feeling it. The Rage. The Anger. The Hate. The Pride. DESIRE. IT WANTS TO LIVE. IT WANTS TO REST. IT WANTS TO BE REMEMBERED. THAT CATTLE AREN'T JUST DOCILE CREATURES. That they lived and were respected.

Well Grave Keeper. Can you put the beast for it's final rest?

Because it's coming for you.

Jack nods at you.

"Well the thing is. It's not supposed to be like this. We've got schedules we have to follow for snow. Well she does anyways. I've much more freedom. I'm a child of the wind after all. But yeah the snow and ice should be gone by tomorrow."

He squints at the ice pillar.

"I might be able to pull her out. The thing is we have to wake her up first. I don't feel like dealing with whatever her nightmares are at the moment. If you could hit the pillar as hard as you can with the pan. Not on fire, don't want any accidental ice attacks from my sister. It should wake her up in there."

15. Moronis

There's a taste of iron in Adam's mouth as he opens it to speak. "Well now. I don't think this here beast's gonna go away till we go a puttin' it to rest." Adam quirks his head to one side for a moment. "Y'know, curiously enough I can't help but think about how many deities have got animalistic features and what not. Y'don't think this beast here's a... Iunno, avatar o' one of 'em do you? One o' the more warlike ones I mean." Adam then shakes his head and swings the shovel out.

"Well, whatever it is I think it's deadset on me. I'mmona try to take it down without much fuss if'n I can." With that said, Adam nods and starts moving around, watching for an opening where he could try hitting it.

16. MasterBlade

"No fire? Been having a problem with that lately..."

"Lets hope that fight got it out of my system then!"

Adeline draws her pan and smashes it against the pillar with all her might. Like an angel frolicking in the snow, with the strength of a gorilla.

17. Sargon of Akkad

Brad plays whack-a-mole with the rake and the Salamands.

18. Demjou

Demjou Getting sticky.

Rather horrified at the realization that it's not rust he's seeing but dried blood, Damian backs away a few steps before responding.

"I... don't know what you are. Do you remember anything? Any way I can help you?"

19. SupahKiven

Hensworth nods and takes a step back, anchor at ready. "If ya want to duel it, then I won't get in your way." He shoots Adam a grin. "Give 'im your bloody worst, mate."

20. Latewave

Adam feels the vibrations up his legs. The earth is moving under him. So the Bull isn't all rage. It's got enough focus to at least use some earth magic.

And the Bull rushes you.

Brad hits a Salamand out of the park.

Let's get to the Gremlins instead.

They. They are moonwalking on the head on one of the Salamands. I don't I don't even know.

The girl in the ice's eyes open.

And suddenly Jack is there upside down floating looking her in the eyes.

"Oy Sleepy head. You can come out now. That guy got taken down hard."

The Ice Pillar cracks.

And a Regal looking girl steps out. Much more Regal then Jack. You are kinda skeptical that they are siblings.

She pats Jack on the head and then walks over to you.

And Curtsies.

"Thank you for dealing with that fiend. My name is Shiva. Princess of the Ice."

She then looks at you.

"You remind me of a boy I meet once."

She looks up at the sky.

"His name was Elrich."

The cyborg holds his hand to his head.

"Designation is Wav-v-ve Ma-n. My name is Muir. I'm NOT Waveman. I'm not."

The Clockwork slowly starts to fade into flesh the more he seems to deny that name.

You stand by as the Bull completely ignores you.

You feel a small pull on your pants leg.

You look down and see a small hand coming from the bush.

21. Moronis

Tucking and rolling, Adam does his level best to dodge out of the way of beast. Control of the earth, yeah? Waiting for a chance to strike, Adam tosses a few boulders at the Bull's legs in the hopes of taking it down quickly.

22. MasterBlade

*twitch*

"OH YES! I have heard of an Elrich before. Isn't he such a lovely fellow!"

The fire is back. Adeline is now standing in a puddle.

She then remembers her manners and bows for the princess.

"My name is Mayor Adeline Masters of the Mystholme restoration project. I was sent by a concerned adviser worried about the unnatural ice field in a normally temperate realm. I believe this man can be considered the ultimate reason for its existence?"

She kicks over the unconsious king, making sure he's still out of it.

"Regardless of prior circumstances, it would appear as though the current threat has been taken care of. As a leading representative of Mystholme, I would like to negotiate the restabilization of the local temperate region, and any trade agreements that may benefit our respective territories."

The mayor sits down on a pillar shard, which quickly melts into a suitable chair. Secretat, knowing how this goes, pulls out a pen and a new sheet of paper for her clipboard. There was no way Adeline was going to lose the opportunity to get such lovely fabrics heading towards Mystholme... and the other things that usually come with trade.

23. SupahKiven

Hensworth raises an eyebrow. Still holding the anchor, he kneels down and pushes some of the bush's leaves out of the way.

24. Sargon of Akkad

Brad continues his whack-a-moling with passion and vigor. He also casts tailwind on himself for good measure, so that he can beat their heads in even faster.

25. Demjou

Demjou Getting sticky.

Warily making his way closer, Damian asks if Muir needs any help.

26. Latewave

The Bull charges through it. Shattering the boulder as it makes it's way towards you. You attempt to dodge but the rumble from before is causing your legs to lock up..

You slam the shovel into the ground and use it to fling yourself out of the way.

Paralysis via shockwaves?

That's an interesting trick.

You have a flash of knowledge from the shovel?

It's part of the path of crystal? Or road of gems. It's not really words as it's sorta concepts.

You do have an idea of how it's doing what it's doing.

You watch it's legs.

Each time it's hooves hit the ground.

The ground ripples slightly.

Vibration.

That's the key.

Well you might not be all that fancy with your shovel and all.

But you might just have an idea.

You jam your shovel into the dirt and use Rock cracking.

And make the ground where the hooves come down onto.

Break and shatter.

Both of it's forelegs are now trapped in the dirt.

You are free to attack.

The puppy uses another weird attack. It's sorta a wind uppercut?

You guess?

You don't see how the wind is moving quite right. But however you do think you could manage to pull off your own version of it.

Witness: Puppy Uppercut

[Spend for Rising Blast?]

The Grelims well they start doing the thriller and straight up just infuriate the Salamands all over the place.
    "Yes, he'd be the ultimate source of it."

She nods at you and then when the trade agreements start popping up she gets a gleam in her eye.

Jack Frost just face palms.

"Not another one."

Shiva snaps and a few minion like beings of snow pop up.

They pull out a checklist just like Secretat.

"Shall we get on to the negocitations?"

Jack sits down.

"This is going to take a while."

He starts making shapes of ice.

[Blade is allowed to make reasonable trade concessions and whatnot now.]

Green eyes look up to you.

"He's here to find rest. He came to him because the earth is the only place it can finally go to it's resting place."

She looks at Adam.

"He just needs to accept it."

She looks back up to you. The green in her eyes are gone.

"Hello again?"

Wonder what that's about?

"I'll. I'll take you up on that offer. I don't really feel myself right now."

There is a clockwork key on the side of his neck. It refuses to go away. Even with Muir being his most coherent yet.

Well. You can't just leave him here now can you?

Thoth might know what's up with him.

You do know one thing however.

The guy that did this.

He's on your list.

27. Moronis

Adam charges forward, smashing the shovel into the ground to try and smack the Bull with boulders on the way. He aims for the hind legs as best he can, aiming to try and break them. "Sorry about this big fella." Adam says sincerely, sad look on his face. "Don't want t' risk ya hurtin' me afore you go t' rest."

28. MasterBlade

Adeline grins, picking up dutchess and rubbing her softly. The game is afoot!

"I have three obligations to make, the first being to the town of Mystholme. As you may or may not know, Mystholme is an town of rich history. Its primary asset are its portals to alternate dimensions, the use of which is how we are currently meeting. It is my intention to hasten its reconstruction through rebuilding a trade network of goods and merchants from across the realms to whatever kingdoms I may find. Through trade will come people, and with people an economy, and economy will make the town as good or greater than it was before its decline."

"As princess, you no doubt have representation over a kingdom, yes? I would request a representative be sent to Mystholme to barter products of your ice kingdom, whatever they may be. In turn we will provide a permanent estate for your kingdom within the town's boarders, as well as customary access to its portal network. As Mystholme grows, so too will the market for goods within its boarders. It is an opportunity of mutual benefit."

"The matter of my second obligation comes to concerns of the locals and the ice fields here. While I have no right to this forest to the point where I could request your leave, I do have an alternative that could make everyone happy. Instead of expanding through a thick, forest of territory bordering an existing settlement, why not choose instead to move into unique territory an ice-caster such as your self could only truly harness?"

"Mystholme has access to a realm of water, an endless ocean of sea and dotted with various islands. If you could convert a dense forest int a winter wonderland within the course of a day, surely converting a small chain of islands into a whole arctic penninsula would be within your power! Sure, the saltwater would be a bit harder to freeze cause f the salt, lower freezing temperature and all. But its pure after that, and the sheer bulk of water would be endless. Surely a better alternative than expanding through trees and the various obstacles here. And the vacant tides would mean free expansion, without worry of local boarders. it would certainly fix the concerns of the locals here should you harness this alternative location."

"And on the side, my third obligation. To myself. This probably doesn't need to be on paper, but if you could refer me to your tailor..."

29. Demjou

Demjou Getting sticky.

With a bit of assistance from a Moon Step, Damian helps Muir out of the pit his cave was located in, taking a look around as Muir reorients himself he notices a couple of passageways leading away from the cavern. A short bit of debate with his new ally, and they start making their way down the left passageway, minions at their heels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.