1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

You Won A Town. They LIVE!

Discussion in 'PbP IC' started by Latewave, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sargon of Akkad

Sargon of Akkad Getting sticky.

Re: You Won A Town. Limit breaks for everyone.

Brad sizes up the puppy. Initial look says its adorable and cuddly. And also really windy.

Brad uses Backdraft to pull the puppy towards him, and in the same motion spins around to use Gale on the puppy to send it back.

The winderlies pick an island at random and float down to it, and then proceed to search it for treasure or anything useful.

2. Moronis

Moronis Know what you're doing yet?

Adam nods at Hensworth. "Right then. Let's take care of it. Try aimin' for the head ifn' you got a clear shot." He says calmly before throwing a rock as hard as he can at the spider's head.

3. Demjou

Demjou Getting sticky.

Shouting a quick order to the minions a short distance away to take down the smaller fish, Damian dashes forward with a Taser punch, hoping to catch the mech off guard and pull a hit and run.

4. SupahKiven

SupahKiven Getting sticky.

Hensworth gets as close as he's willing (which isn't that close at all) to the spider, then throws the anchor as hard as he can. When it hits the area where the head and thorax connect, he fires off Deluge to blast it back to him.

5. Latewave

Latewave No one remembers who I am anymore.

Your attack hits just before Adam's. It's no less impressive but it's not quite as squishing as his.

What now?

The puppy looks at you and spins around the gale and you.

Puppy GALE

And it blows you away with a spiraling wind.

Then it cocks it's head to the side and looks at you in the puppy way.

Your minions notice a black cloud forming over a patch of ground that is growing massively.

They observe it to see what's going on.

You swing another pillar of earth at the spider and just squish it.

Apparently being unable to actually dodge made the rest of this fight dead easy.

Now then. Go loot the spider or go find the little girl?

The Moon Step activates as suddenly you don't really have to pay attention to what's under your feet. Water, Air, Ground. It's really all the same to you right now. You run on top of the water and Hit the Mechanic monster with a nasty taser punch.

And then your gloves start arcing with electricity.

Now isn't this a wonderful thing.

Thoth is staring at the remnants of a book.

Staring.

"Miss Masters will pay for this. One way or another."

At the Forest Realm.

Xander is waiting for you.

"Excuse me Miss Mayor. I just realized I have no clue how to get to the Village. Would you mind if I tag along?"

Minions.

Damiens squad starts attacking fish.

The Earth Minions seem to be in a tunnel system?

Maybe an old mine?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  6. SupahKiven

"If it's alright with you, Adam, I think I want to go look for that little girl. Feel free to take whatever that spider thing has." Hensworth scans the immediate area for the girl, making sure to listen for any sounds she might be making in the forest.

7. Moronis

"Fair enough Hensworth. I was just about to suggest one o' us go a lookin'. I'll stay here and make certain that there critter's down and out and make sure it ain't hurt nothin' else too near to here." Adam replies, cautiously striding over towards the spider, tossing a few pebbles at it. When it doesn't move, he nods and starts investigating the general area.

----------------------

"What... Is this... Place?" Aider murmurs, looking at his fellows. The minions all huddle together, more out of fear of losing each other than fear of the dark. They feel around, trying to find something to light the darkness or a way out.

8. Demjou

Demjou Getting sticky.

A slightly...unhinged grin forming on his face as Damian realizes what just happened, he quite happily tests out his new ability while slamming electrified punches and shock attacks into the mechfish while dodging its attempts at returning the favor.

...It's a little hard to focus though when you can see the minions alternating between fighting competently and having to pull robot fish off their faces.

9. SupahKiven

Hensworth nods and shoots a grin at Adam before heading off into the forest. "Hey, little girl? It's safe, we killed the spider"

=====

Alpha finishes reducing one mech fish to scrap and takes on another, glancing over at Damien.

10. Sargon of Akkad

So that spinning wind thing that that dog is doing seems to be slightly effective. Just a little bit. Brad guesses that when in rome, spin the wind around you like a beyblade from hell. And if you're going for crazy, go the whole nine yards. Brad first uses tailwind to boost his speed, and then starts to swing his rake around him as he spins especially quickly due to tailwind. He casts backdraft, and then gale, and then backdraft, then gale, and repeats it as he spins around, spiraling the wind around him.

While he's making a royal mess of the place, he activates Off-Beat in order to make things more confusing. He also uses Ghost sound near Thoth, making Thoths voice say "Treats!" over and over in order to further distract the puppy.

His minions do the rational thing and attack the shit out of that weird ass cloud. Martin uses hurricane, Joan uses Ice storm, etc.

11. MasterBlade

MasterBlade Getting sticky.

By the time Adeline has reached Xander, there were quite a few scorch marks littering her business suit. A good amount of ash too. She looked like a failed trip to the fire realm, but there was not a single burn anywhere on her body.

She looked at Xander with a dazed look before falling onto a treestump.

Dutchess came through the portal shortly after. Wasn't she left at the library? Regardless, it seemed to pin down where Adeline was and took a rest beside her.

Until her hands flared up again; Adeline was quick to get off of the treestump and kick the blaze out before it spread. She then broke down, laying on a patch of grassless earth.

"Everything I touch catches on fire..."

Well clearly Adeline was having prolems adapting to this familiar bond. The bakeneko, however, seemed content to lay on the burnt remains of whatever she touched. Very warm.

That shopkeeper better stock a fire-resistant suit.

12. Latewave

"How does Virdi not know you are a monster? Wait. Monsters don't talk. Mama said that."

A green haired girl rolls out of a bush. She's now laying down flat on the grass in front of you. Looking up at you while holding her puppy.

"He's supposed to be a guard puppy. He's not very good at it. You know."

She bops herself on the head.

"Virdi almost forgot. Virdi is supposed to give you this."

She pulls out a massive seed out of a bag at here side and holds it up to you.

"Mama said I'm supposed to give it to the Ocean and the Mountain. I think that's you?"

She's staring at you inquiringly.

======

Alpha wrecks one and dodges another.

Slots in the back of the fish open up. Missile Launchers open up and fire six rockets at you.

It does look like however some of it's parts aren't quite in the correct alignment anymore however.

You can hear the gears grinding.

The fish dives down again.

The air feels greasy.

You come over to the spider. The remnants of the creature begin to glow a purple as you come near. It comes together and forms a Phantom spider before being sucked into your inventory.

You got

Taranutola Soul.

You notice a gleaming figure of a spider. Just like the Crab Figure Hensworth has.

+3000 Cash for both you and Hensworth
    An stylized eye amulet.

"Uh. You want to check out the frozen stuff first. Villages are kinda flammable and you don't seem to have the best control right now ma'am. We can still go but you might want to keep your hands in your pockets."

Xander just goes with whatever you do right now. He's got nothing better to do after all.

The Puppy headtilts at Thoth for a second. Then wind teleports to behind you.

Then he watches you get very dizzy from your spinning.

You fall over and the puppy walks over and puts it paw on top of your head.

Puppy wins.

Fatality.

It then sits on your head and makes you watch as it spins the wind in front of you.

13. MasterBlade

"Yes, not burning things is good. Burning pockets might not help..."

Adeline grabs Dutchess and holds her tight. Flaming kittens aren't flammable, right?

Besides, with all the holes in her suit, keeping Dutchess close would mean more warmth. Not that everything wasn't already burning as-is.

A trip to the frozen forest might do some good. Adeline leads Xander to where she thinks it is, based on the directions given at the breakfast.

14. Latewave

You walk down the paths as it gets more and more cold. Soon you're finding piles of snow and ice.

Well you've found the part of the forest that froze over. Now for a bit of investigation work.

You have an idea of where the freezing started at. You could go there.

Or you could follow the ice into the deepest part.

That's another way. Possibly a bit quicker. Not without it's dangers. But your Adeline Masters. You aren't afraid. After all. A Phantom runs in your blood.

The ice around you is starting to melt.

15. MasterBlade

We don't talk about the Phantom. One doesn't put pride in their worst features after all.

But melting ice means no part is too cold. And Adeline isn't feeling the frost. If it were up to her, the thick of it would be the FIRST place to go!

...but then there was kitten and not-fire soldier. Hmm...

Adeline taps a few buttons on her watch and calls all the fire minions. ALL of them. Even the maid! They'll melt the center of this ice field together, and hopefully keep Xander from turning into a timesicle in the process.

Once everyone is together, she'll lead them forward. Through the unnatural tundra into its frozen heart.

16. Latewave

You notice creatures of snow and ice. Creatures like deer and birds just melt as you pass by. You wonder what in the world is animating them. Well not what but why. It makes no sense.

However you see monsters of ice and snow as well. They can't get near you at all and hide in the darkness of the forest instead.

You walk into a clearing.

And you think you've managed to get to the center.

It's just a hunch.

But the massive Ice Cocoon wrapped around a girl with a man punching with fist that are on fire it just kinda reeks.

"Stupid Ice. How am I supposed to rip out her heart. If I can't break this stupid Ice."

17. MasterBlade

"Here, let me help you with that."

[​IMG]

Without a moment of hesitation, Adeline sends an (incidentally) flaming fist into the skull of the fire smasher. He leaves a few sizable cracks in the ice in his wake.

"Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Mayor Adeline Masters of the Mystholme restoration project. I have had a Very. Hard. Day. But lucky for me I have found someone with a very smashable face, with a very great need to be smashed."

She rips the man away from the ice pillar, throwing him onto the snow behind her. She then draws her weapon, blazing with an untold fury even noteworthy for one so easily riled.

"To whom do I owe the pleasure of ending today?"

18. Demjou

Demjou Getting sticky.

Missles. Why is it always missles? Dodging the first two with ease, a plan starts to form as he sees the growing size and intensity of the arcs. The missles seem to have a bit of homing or learning software however as the next three position themselves to nearly pin him down, forcing him to dodge through the fire and flames produced by the trio of explosives. It's as he goes to put his plan into motion that the sixth missle explodes behind him, sending him flying painfully into the wall.

Slumped charred and bleeding against the wall, he manages to rise to his feet, shaky as they are. A bit angry at being blown up by someone other then himself, he places his hands on the wall and lets the electricity that's built up start flowing into it, arcs of electricity coursing around the room to congregate at the bottom of the pool. Just a bit longer...

19. Moronis

"Well now." Adam says, gathering the loot up. "This here's some interestin' stuff." He looks around and heads off in the same direction as Hensworth, making a mental note to get the amulet and statuette identified first thing when they get back provided nothing else comes up.

20. Latewave

"My name is Finian. Disposed King. And that hurt. You even managed to burn me even through Ifrit's protection. Meager as it is."

You notice that he's wearing a necklace. More importantly you see the red triangle with some man's face twisted in hate.

"Oh you see my prize. Ifrit didn't want to come willingly you see. I had to murder that human he. What's the word? Loved? Maybe. Had to get him motivated before I could rip out his soul."

He notices the little flames all over you.

"You are one of his siblings aren't you?"

He smiles.

"Maybe I'll give hi-"

You literally just Boomerang Pan him in the face.

Because straight up.

Fuck him.

The pillar starts refreezing up where it can.

And it starts snowing.

A Teen Appears.

[img width=600 height=450]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/340/9/b/jack_frost_by_semokan-d5n7fpi.jpg[/img]

"I wasn't expecting this. Huh. Well my little sister is in that pillar. You are an asshole."

He points at Finian.

"And I'm feeling like punching someone."

Suddenly it feels a lot colder and darker.

It reminds you of people freezing to death.

Of course Finian doesn't notice this change in atmosphere. Or maybe he does and is too much of an idiot to care.

You look back at Xander and notice all of his dogtags are floating and glowing greenish silver.

Uh.

The fish dives down into water as a vortex forms in the pool.

It's sucking in the water?

Wait.

You have an idea of what it's doing.

It's going to either use a water cannon.

Or use it as extra propulsion.

You can work with both of those.

21. Demjou

Demjou Getting sticky.

A soft chuckle occurs as Damian cuts off the flow to the gathering of power at the bottom of the pool. Have to admire those that refuse to give up, even when it's utterly futile. Taking advantage of his opponent's focus, he starts guiding the flow of electricity once again, this time to form a second pool on the ceiling, cutting off his contribution just as it matches the first. Slightly stumbling away from the wall, he braces himself for whatever the hell Nemo decides to do. Assuming the lightning charges don't go off before it can act that is.

22. MasterBlade

Adeline catches the pan on its return, taking a slow stride towards her target.

"On second thought, I don't care to know why you're here, or what you want with that girl's organs."

"But as a threat to the heir of the House Masters, I cannot allow you to leave."

Suddenly, A bolt whizzes by Finian's head. An array of clicking sounds spring up from Secretat as she fumbles with Damien's rifle.

[size=12pt]“Nonono, how does thing thing reload!?”

[size=12pt]“...”

[size=12pt]“Umm... hello sir! How may I serve you this morning?”

Secretat waves at the fire king, hoping to have grabbed his full attention.

Enough to let Adeline charges in close with a Flame Smash, with support from Eins and Zwei.

23. SupahKiven

Hensworth kneels down, coming closer to the girl. He gently takes the seed and examines it. Damn, this is big. "Well... It might be me." He shoots a glance at the anchor. "I'm likely the ocean, I suppose. Maybe the mountain is my friend?" Hensworth looks over the puppy she's carrying. It's supposed to be a guard dog? "Well, Virdi was it? Can you get back to your mama by yourself? Why are you out here by yourself anyway?"

=====

Alpha tears open another robo fish, oh yeah.

24. Sargon of Akkad

Fucking douchenozzling twatfucker. He just got his ass kicked by a puppy. He gets back up on his feet and Gales the ground in front of him, slamming his rake down like a hammer. Next he gales in a full circle around himself to clear the space. Then he twirls his rake above his head using both of his hands with all the might and determination he can muster in order to imitate that damn spiral attack.

25. Latewave

The puppy just stares at you from ten feet away. It sits on it's haunches and stares at you.

"Bark"

The puppy just gets on it's hind two legs and walks around.

I don't think you are interesting it anymore.

Piranas leaps out of the pool. But by this time it's too late.

It's your turn.

You go join Hensworth.

You hit Finian so hard that he goes flying through a tree and another and another and another and a house and another house and a wall of ice and a mountain and another mountain and through the motherfucking moon.

Which is what I want to say.

Sadly he only goes through two trees and a boulder.

Sadly.

Well.

That was easy.

"Virdi can find mama. Virdi is looking for bugs. Virdi is trying to make a super bug."

She's nodding rapidly.

Virdi sniffs quickly.

"Virdi smells a cow?"

26. Sargon of Akkad

"GO FETCH THIS YOU FUCKING MUTT!" Brad screams, as he hurls his rake out the window and storms out of the library in the direction of the woods where they first found the slimes. He needs to pummel the everliving fuck out of something with his own two hands. He starts running there as fast as he can, imagining himself marshalling the winds behind him, pushing him onward.

He arrives, and looks for something to fight.

27. Demjou

Demjou Getting sticky.

Unfortunately for Nemo, he won't have time to do whatever it was he was preparing. It seems his bursting out of the water was just what was needed as a lightning bolt arcs through the water in the air straight through him on its way to meet with the lightning coming from the bottom of the pool. Bolt after bolt seems to bounce back and forth from floor to ceiling, a few of them fizzling out on the walls even as the rest continue to zap the mechfish for what seems like an eternity, Damian calmly watching the furor of the thunderstorm before him.

28. SupahKiven

Hensworth raises an eyebrow at the girl. "A super bug? Like... you're combining bugs?" Now he was just plain confused. Hensworth sniffs the air when Virdi mentions cows. "Hmm... it does kind of smell like that doesn't it? I mean, I wouldn't really know, I only lived on a farm for a few years way back when I was maybe... six? And you didn't really smell the cows there, only the poop, and man did that stink..." As he rambles, Hensworth reels in the anchor and stuffs the huge seed into his pocket.

29. MasterBlade

Adeline breathes deeply for a few moments before dropping her combat stance. She wasn't used to actually hitting the thing she was smacking at.

She sends Eins and Zwei to investigate the condition of the fallen foe while she catches her breath.

Secretat has figured out which direction the ammunition is supposed to face. Yay!

30. Moronis

Sniffing the air, Adam gets an odd look on his face. "Don't rightly know for sure." Adam says, shrugging.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.