1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

YOUNG JUSTICE: GENERATION #Z#

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by der_ Weltschmerz, Nov 20, 2019.

1. der_ Weltschmerz

der_ Weltschmerz Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Short introduction to an original story I am working on. It will deal with teenagers having metagenes who become disciples of well-known superheroes. Several features, concepts and characters from the multiverse of DC comics are present in my story; as well as some ideas taken from X-Men.

In the next chapters, protagonist heroes are gonig to be introduced emphasizing on their biographies powers and abilities (made up by me).

Hope you enjoy the story! I am looking fwd to your feeedback.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Year 2050, Earth 52. The aftermath of the 2040 war is still visible. Way too visible. Humanity has lost and become a slave to an immortal tyrant known as Vandal Savage. Survivors; men, women, and children are compelled to serve under penalty of death or be sent to forced labor camps.

Somewhere not far from the floating Earth in space, the former Watchtower of the Justice League hangs suspended. Inside, a person fixedly observes the immeasurable and tempting darkness of the galaxy. He thinks. Thinks of war. of the victims. He turns around and sees a monument in the middle of the old meeting room that greets the memory of the dead and missing. The list is long. Too long: Robin (dead in action), Batwoman (dead in action), Green Arrow (missing), HawkGirl (missing), Rip Hunter (allegedly dead) ...

His gaze stops on the engraved name of Rip. He sighs deeply and a vivid fragment of memory returns to him.

-"Here Captain Rip Hunter, I'm on a ship with my quite rare crew, Gideon isn't answering, we don't have a single weapon, and we are under heavy attack by Savage's alien zombie soldiers!"

-"Palmer, try to connect the device again, we'll try to make a jump in time."

-"I've told you 100 times that nothing works!!! We're going to die here!" Ray Palmer yelled at the captain. In an ironclad corner of the ship, Professor Stein was trying to connect some shabby wires. As always, I had the idea in mind that I was going to try to short-circuit the ship to restart and transport it to another time. They did not believe in success, yet they let him do it. Suddenly, pitch-black and silence invaded the room, and only a few thousandths of a second passed before the ship reactivated. They looked at each other and a brief violent shock hit the ship.
    "What the fuck!! Here Captain Rip Hunter, my crew and I are totally in deep shit, have someone answer!" There was a shriek and finally, a voice was heard.

-"Captain Rip Hunter, Justice League of the Watchtower. Batman here. What's the problem?"

-"The problem?" Sara Lance shouted from the back of the ship, "The problem is that we are all fucked!"

-"Captain Hunter, where are you and with whom?" Batman asked, calm as always.

-"Hunter here. We are somewhere lost in space, with me are Sara Lance, Martin Stein and Ray Palmer!" Professor Stein has reactivated the jump time , we are gonna try to..."

BEEEEEEEEEP...

A sharp sound echoed in the black knight's well-trained ears. He tried to call the crew without any answer. Were they dead? Had they managed to jump in time? He did not know and a sense of unease pervaded him. Crippling never-ending wave of anxiety traveled through Batman. A few months later, he learned that his ship had been hit, but it had also jumped in time and was stuck in the time interval. No one has ever entered or left and nobody knew what it looked like.

Out of the blue, a noise made Batman quiver. He turned around and saw a female figure looking at him. It was Wonder Woman. She stepped forward and put her hand on his shoulder.
    -"You always get angry about what happened to Rip, don't you? You know it's not your fault. His ship was light years from the base, you couldn't have done a thing. So, come on. The new students have arrived, and we must welcome them as we should "

A few hours later, members of the Justice League, or what was left of them, were sitting on top of a large hall and watching newcomers to school. Martian Manhunter got up and walked over to the new students. They were in a single row waiting to take the mental exam and be assigned to a family. Some were excited as they had heard about it. Snippets of "I hope Superman is my guardian!" and "You're kidding! Flash is so much better! He's lightning quick, not to mention funny!" were heard throughout the room.

From above, Batman thought. He thought about the war and those children who would have to be trained to fight Savage's army. He thought of Earth and other planets. he thought about Robin, Oliver, Hal ... that was too long ago.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  2. Stormbringer117

Stormbringer117 Soulless

Not a lot to go on, but a good start.

Might consider a minimum chapter length of 3000 words or multiple updates of 1000 words, as 1000 words are the cut off for the notification system that QQ, SB SV use. Anything less, and no one gets alerted that there is a new chapter.

der_ Weltschmerz likes this.
  3. Psyren1596

Psyren1596 Know what you're doing yet?

Hmm... the story had potential. Let’s see where it glows from here

der_ Weltschmerz likes this.
  4. der_ Weltschmerz

First of all, I want to thank you for taking time to read my story and criticize me positively. I am not a professional writer and English is not my native language. I added a new part to the original story. I will create a new post with the whole updated text. Please check it out! ;)

5. der_ Weltschmerz

First of all, I want to thank you for taking time to read my story and criticize me positively. I am not a professional writer and English is not my native language. I added a new part to the original story. I will create a new post with the whole updated text. Please check it out! ;)