1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Young Justice Plus

Discussion in 'Questing' started by WyldCard4, Mar 10, 2015.

1. mc2rpg

mc2rpg Versed in the lewd.

[X] You rush out into the alley. You can't have an unknown heroine on the scene, you need to catch her before she can track back and catch you.
    [X] You melt the arrows down into a kind of slag. Best not to leave Speedy armed, even when unconscious.

I am more concerned about the quiver having a tracker in it than I am about not having enough shiny bomb arrows. I definitely think it's worth it to make sure the other hero can't come down and get Speedy back on his feet. We are better off with no pursuit for awhile as we flee.

2. Nai

Nai SI Archivist

[X] You leave Speedy and head out to the front exit. Time to leave. Escape takes priority over anything else.
    [X] You melt the arrows down into a kind of slag. Best not to leave Speedy armed, even when unconscious.

3. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[X] You leave Speedy and head out to the front exit. Time to leave. Escape takes priority over anything else.

4. Eurocorp

Eurocorp Resident Corporate Megalomaniac

[X] You rush out into the alley. You can't have an unknown heroine on the scene, you need to catch her before she can track back and catch you.

5. fitzgerald

fitzgerald Experienced.

6. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

7. edmantgoog

edmantgoog Not too sore, are you?

And:
    [X] You grab the quiver and heft it over your shoulder. Speedy had good things in there. You might need them, or be able to sell them, or something.

8. edmantgoog

edmantgoog Not too sore, are you?

so what are our powers?

MHLord and WyldCard4 like this.
  9. mc2rpg

So far we have made pockets out of solid rock to hide things, created illusions, used telekinesis on the foam, and shown the ability to melt stuff. Also, we seem more durable than Speedy, or at least resistant to poison and electricity.

Malcolmo, DeAnno, edmantgoog and 2 others like this.
  10. Ct613hulu

Ct613hulu Experienced.

My current guess is that we are an AU version of Raven.

DariusXXI, Malcolmo, DeAnno and 2 others like this.
  11. Biigoh

The truth is that she is the daughter of Yukari Yakumo. We has documentation! Tanuki heard this from some tengu!

MHLord, Malcolmo, DeAnno and 2 others like this.
  12. WyldCard4

WyldCard4 It's needlessly complicated

I would like to update within the next couple hours, so it would be nice to get a tiebreaker for hunting the telepath and running. No real pressure.

13. WyldCard4

Notice: If the tie persists, then QQbot in the questionablequesting IRC will be used with a fair dice roll between the two tied choices. Going after the heroine will be the result of a 1d2 roll returning as 1, and fleeing the scene the result of a 2.

Please put in any votes by 1 AM Eastern Daylight Time. After that point voting will be closed.

14. WyldCard4

Voting closed.

(1:08:03 AM) qqbot: WyldCard4 rolled 1d2: 1 = [1]

Winner:

15. Threadmarks: Star City- July 4, 18:28 PDT
    WyldCard4

Star City-
    July 4, 18:28 PDT

God this is bad. This it the League. Green Lantern, Buffy Summers, Superman, Red Tornado, and that's before they get creative.

Moving out into the alley, keeping foam from trapping you, the girl is not in sight.

Now if I were a newbie heroine out for a first patrol with Speedy where would I be? She had never entered your field of vision, and Speedy had made a move to cut off a roof escape.

Damn, this was going to be exhausting. You raise your hands and a set of stairs jut out from the side of the building one at a time. You begin the climb, and when you reach the end you turn slowly around and open up another set.

She waits until you're almost at the top before you hear a faint whir on the other side of the building. New Girl's contraption, whatever Speedy had given her, was much faster than your attempt at a controlled slide down.

You find, to your surprise, that she had not used a trick arrow to fall down, but some other climbing device. No obvious signs of how to track her down, this would be difficult.

The arrow misses you by a yard, blazing electricity into the ground.

You close your eyes and listen. If she is nearby, still trying to fight, you might be able to hear her. It takes a second to get into the right mode.

"Lambada to Watchtower. I am on the move. Really, even Cl-, Delta? Roger."

She's not Speedy fast, but she is running like hell, and you know the direction. It takes a second to jolt out and start running.

"Lambada" is running down the street, and there are people here. Would the League have called out cops, the National Guard, whatever else? A busy street is bad enough.

Stares are bad. Memories in their heads, faces in security cameras, shoe prints and whatever else CSI and Green Lantern can pick up. This is so bad.

20 feet away, she wheels back on herself. "I know you're there. I can hear you. I'm warning you, one last chance! Just put the Meteor Rock on the ground."

"The what!?" You shout after her.

"Blue ring, red necklace. Put it on the ground and you can go. Or just tell us who you gave it to."

"That's what this is about?" You pull the necklace from your pocket and wave it at her. "What does it do?"

"Nothing good." The psychic pressure hits again, and it feels like you're going deaf. "It's Smallville Meteor Rock. It drives you crazy, makes you sick, gives the worst superpowers I've ever heard of. That stuff is worse than krokodil. If you sell that or use it people will die."

"And that's why you're trying to mindwarp me into giving it to you?" You step forward, and take another step forward when she doesn't flinch away.

"Yes. People who get infected go up to Alaska." You shudder and take another step forward. "It's the safest place for them. There is no cure."

"And that's why it was just lying in some woman's purse for me to snatch?" The rookie super flinches.

"In lead. Her job is to..." You cut her off.

"Stop that thing!" You step forward. "It hurts."

"Oh. Are you going to give it up?" She steps forward.

"Well..."

PAIN.

Nerve endings firing, your face is wet, there's nothing but this silence.

"Stop it! You're hurting me!"

"If you had come with us, if Speedy had knocked you out with those arrows, if you let me in, then we wouldn't be in this situation. Now put the Meteor Rock on the ground and don't move." It feels like something in your head breaks and you raise a hand and then you shriek.

The pain is gone, and it wasn't you who shrieked.

She's bleeding, fast. A couple of years ago she'd be dead or something but now, but still, Jesus.

There are people all around. Someone has to have called for special crimes, EMTs have to be on their way.

Help me. The command hits your brain. Fear, pain, panic. Your face is still wet, has to be a bloody nose. Those things happen with telepaths, right?

She is walking in a field, the sun on her face. You had never done much trying to take pain away with an illusion before.

You look back and see the necklace, Meteor Rock if she's telling the truth, is covered in your blood.

Everyone had heard stories of Smallville. The unexplained murders, two Meteor Showers, Wall of Weird by Clark Kent and Chloe Sullivan. Superman was the only good thing you'd ever heard came out of Smallville.

People would pay a lot of money for Meteor Rock, and probably get themselves killed.

You hear sirens, a lot of sirens.

[X] You turn your pockets inside out and run. Nothing good will come from this. Just get out, now.

[X] You grab the necklace from the ground, check your pocket for the ring, and bolt. You didn't come all this way for nothing...

[X] "God help me..." You take off your shirt and wrap it around the heroine's head. If you leave a corpse like her than they'll never stop hunting you, even though she'll probably be fine. Probably. You need to do something, stop the bleeding, explain...

MrCogmor, Delcer, Karnven and 5 others like this.
  16. fitzgerald

fitzgerald Experienced.

[X] "God help me..." You take off your shirt and wrap it around the heroine's head. If you leave a corpse like her than they'll never stop hunting you, even though she'll probably be fine. Probably. You need to do something, stop the bleeding, explain...

17. DeAnno

DeAnno Power over Versatility

This is the League.

Lambda?

Also, shit, this is bad news.

[X] You turn your pockets inside out and run. Nothing good will come from this. Just get out, now.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  18. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

19. mc2rpg

Stopping the bleeding is probably our last real chance at joining the heroes, because it is basically a guarantee of getting caught. I don't feel much like begging for leniency to avoid jail, so let's just get the hell out of here. Dumping the stones is definitely worth it though, because they clearly take the things seriously, and they aren't going to ignore someone roaming around with kryptonite.

20. Eurocorp

Eurocorp Resident Corporate Megalomaniac

[X] You turn your pockets inside out and run.Nothing good will come from this. Just get out, now.

She'll be fine.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  21. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

22. Nai

Nai SI Archivist

23. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

24. Delcer

Delcer Know what you're doing yet?

[X] You turn your pockets inside out and run.Nothing good will come from this. Just get out, now.

I would dearly love to take the pretty rocks and run, but it doesn't seem to have any votes.

WyldCard4 likes this.
  25. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

While part of me is tempted to take the rock the rest of me is saying that it's a terrible idea. As to the heroine, she can bleed to death for all I care.

Eurocorp and mc2rpg like this.
  26. WyldCard4

Voting will be closed be 11 PM Eastern Standard Time, 23:00 EDT.

27. Biigoh

28. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Can we please not leave Miss Martian to die?

mc2rpg likes this.
  29. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

Vote hero... because I know none of you are going to stick it out villain route without playing white knight.

drake_azathoth, DeAnno and mc2rpg like this.
  30. mc2rpg

Jesus, that is a really good point.

31. Delcer

Delcer Know what you're doing yet?

I resent that accusation!

Malcolmo and WyldCard4 like this.