1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dungeon Crawler Quest(Original Fantasy)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by yrsillar, Nov 27, 2014.

1. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Well it's a fringe case, but yeah, the boots will trigger.

2. a2znut

a2znut Needs more handholding. [Forever DM]

[X] Plan Xale

3. Grosstoad

Grosstoad Whimsical Paranoid Creeper

Going for E-Rank Crystal Lake then, hoping to trigger the Bonus Boss.
    Not gonna attempt the D-Rank before we get an inkling what type of Bonus Boss typically pops out.

GiftofLove likes this.
  4. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

This doesn't make much sense. Earthspeaker's boots will trigger for D-rank Wailing Caverns too, and E-rank Crystal Lake with Earthboots will give us worse drops than D-rank Goblin Glade, much less Wailing Cavern with Earth Boots.
    We have 10% odds of triggering it. "Hoping to trigger it" is a fool's errand, instead let's try to get loots on dungeons that actually gives both loot and XP, not in dungeons which will give us almost nothing. Even with the bonus boss Crystal Lake E-rank won't give us much of anything compared to Goblin Glade D-rank, much less Ogre Den/Wailing Cavern/Crystal Lake D-rank.

5. Garahs

Garahs Soil Surveyor

[X] Grosstoad

I see no reason we have to speed through to higher difficulty dungeons. Or are we on a time limit I missed?

6. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

It just means we are doing dungeons that we are overlevelled for that won't give us much XP or loot (we will get 50xp with E-rank crystal Lake and bad drops when we would get 80xp and better drops with Goblin Glade D-rank for one, and we did a harder dungeon with one less member and when we were much weaker).

There is no reason to improve our characters i guess, but in that case we might as well just do a mission every 3 days and stay reading the rest of the time, if "we don't want to do a dungeon we are overlevelled for because there is a dungeon we are even more overlevelled for that's available" is our motto.

7. Darkened

Darkened Experienced.

We could just.... Try asking around about it rather than going to the same place for what might be weeks to figure out some info we could get in other more certain ways?

Running E rank to discover the bonus boss runs into the problem that it's rather likely that by the time we get that info, we'd have been strong enough not to need it if we just went elsewhere.

GiftofLove and Arkeus like this.
  8. Grosstoad

+shrugs+
    Partly curiosity on Bonus Boss, partly paranoia that if Ogre's Den D-rank with Bonus Boss pretty much brought the four man team to the brink, how'd the Crystal Lake D-Rank with five, when the E-rank with four was problematic?

Caveat, of course, there is Sera now with her AoEs, and a number of our members have leveled.

9. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

This is why my vote is for either Wailing Cavern (which is only sightly harder than Ogre Den, and we have both levelled up, gained new skills and a new member since then) or Goblin Glade, the former working with earth boots now.

10. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Well. I would like to get this updated, even if there haven't been many votes... at the moment that makes Crystal Lake D and Xicree's buying plan the winner.

Well, strap in gentlefolk, the ride might get a little bumpy.

11. Grosstoad

Ouch.
    EDIT: +crosses fingers and hopes it's just like Ogre's Den and not Maya's Graveyard+

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  12. redaeth

redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

Well... shit.

13. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

Whelp, get ready for PTSD Sera Quest! It was nice knowing you Al.

14. Grosstoad

Oh, right, to verify, just in case.

@Darkened
    @Arkeus
    50 XP is for E-rank Crystal Lake without Bonus Boss, and 80 XP for D-rank Ogre's Den with Bonus Boss?

15. Garahs

Garahs Soil Surveyor

Approximately how long has it taken for each dungeon we've cleared? I'm curious about the math.

16. redaeth

redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

We can clear about 2 a day. So probably 3-4 hours each?

17. Grosstoad

Time is a wibbley-wobbley factor inside a Dungeon, thus it had been stated.

EDIT: Actually, I think the whole setting is rather wibbley-wobbley in the space-time fields.
    Examples, different ecosystems that does not care for geography or climate, and have clear delineating borders.

18. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

We got 60XP for E-rank Crystal lake with 4 members without Bonus boss (8JP), so it would be around 55 wth 5. We got 90 for D-rank Ogre Den with 4 members (so around 80 for 5) and 10JP (so around 9) with Bonus Boss.

The JP seems similar in either case, but the loot table seems much better at D-rank. Incidentally, this is also why Darkened and I have been advocating making duo-runs of Goblin Glade/Ogre Den E-rank, As they gave 50WP and 8JP for 4 members, so they would give 100XP and 16JP (best JP ratio, but the actual loot table seems poor).

19. Grosstoad

Now, E-Rank Crystal Lake was pretty harrying overall, and D-Rank Ogre's Den was pretty much borderline almost failed.

Mechanic-wise, your suggestions sound optimized in getting the returns, but I don't really feel it risk-wise, considering defined roles in a party and rolls required in Dungeons (there seems to be an encounter roll, by Yrs' insinuation in Alice's thoughts).

Considering a Bonus Boss is a harder fight than the actual Boss, not to mention that it usually comes after another fight, I'd assume it also gives better XP reward. The D-rank also gives better returns, for higher risk, that's for certain.

On the story-side, I don't really care for splitting the party, I did mention prior.
    On the other hand, it is not to say that I am advocating to sit down on our thumbs as well.
    +glances at Ark+

The middle road does exist.
    There is no overhanging apocalypse. There are other Brandeds. Alice is not the Chosen One.
    The world is not burning down, and the library is a fine place to have relax and read once in a while, in between trying to clear out Dungeons and take care of Missions for the normals.

I am simply advocating... Not quite sloth. Well, maybe, temperance?
    +shrugs+

20. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

Yes, they were both at the limit of our abilities at the time (hence D-rank crystal like is NOT SAFE), though we got significantly stronger since then. I'd honestly say that "Wailing Cavern D-rank" is now easier than Ogre Den D-rank was then.

The reason i voted for D-rank Goblin Glade/Wailin Cavern is that they give good enough returns (almost as much XP as duo-ing E-ranks, slightly less JP) and much better loot for dungeons that are not high-risk at all.

That's the point: Golbin Glade D-rank and Wailing Cavern are not high risk.

Indeed, a lot of people sadly share this opinion.
    No, you are advocating sloth.
    Measured risk would be doing Wailing Cavern D-rank.
    Temperence would be doing Ogre Den/Goblin Glade D-rank.
    Caution would be doing Lost Graveyard E-rank (level 1-6, five party members).

Doing Crystal Lake E-rank a second time is sloth.

21. Grosstoad

+shrugs+
    Your opinion, mine, they do not mesh.

Arkeus likes this.
  22. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

+2 Potions, +2 Ethers, + Blessing of Good Fortune, -205 Gilder, -40 Gilder for Maya's Orb

Ugh, you don’t want to get up. Your bed is warm and comfortable, and besides, it’s still dark. Wait, why is it still dark, actually the lights kinda patchy, like something only sorta see through is covering your eyes. Actually, yeah, you have something on your head, and it's covering your eyes, what the hell?

It’s soft and silky, and comes off easily enough. Oh… why, why were you wearing a pair of black lace underwear on your head. You spend a minute just sorta of staring at the dangling scrap of black silk in your hand and then promptly toss it behind the headboard of the bed. Nope, didn’t happen.

At least you managed to end up in your own sleepwear despite the uh… blindfold. You really can’t remember the end of the night. At least the brand seems to negate hangovers, even if it doesn’t stop blackouts.

Anyway, once you’ve taken care of your morning necessities and equipped your gear again you head downstairs, nobody else is seems to be up yet, so you settle in at the bar, a quick conversation with Adel gets you some more paper and ink to write a few more copies of your guide, might as well spend your time on something useful. You get pretty into it. Now that you’re just copying them you can just space out and do the work without thinking too hard.

“Hey, you’re the one who, wrote that guide right?” you jump in your seat when a voice speaks up over your shoulder, nearly spilling your ink. You scowl and turn to look at whoever just surprised you. It’s that Hiro guy from the other day, the sword warrior… huh he’s level three and D rank now, you guess he’s been busy.

“Yeah, I am, did you need something?” you reply irritably, it’s kind of your own fault for not paying attention to your surroundings, but eh, might as well blame someone else.

Instead of answering immediately he bows his head slightly, “No, I just wanted to thank you, my partner and I probably would have gotten ourselves killed or at least wasted an escape orb on crystal lake yesterday if I hadn’t bought one, so thanks.”

Oh, well that’s pretty cool. You are pretty amazing, “You're welcome, that’s what the guide is for.” You say proudly.

“Well I’m glad someone decided to make one, will you be releasing updated copies at some point?” He asks.

“Sure, once I have more info to give.” You might have to work to keep ahead though, this guy caught up with you even though you had a days head start, he must be running with a smaller party.

“I’ll look forward too it, your guide was pretty helpful.” He responds, with a grin. Ah, stupid handsome guys, why do you only have a girl with a crush on you? You spend a moment considering the idea of Seraphine as a guy, you can’t picture it. Does that mean you would be the man in your relat... Nope cutting that train off right there.

You trade a few more pleasantries with the other branded and then get back to work, he pairs off with some blonde lady on the way out, looks like… Water Elementalist? Huh, maybe she bought the crystal. She’s the same level as him too; current job is only E rank though.

Everyone else filters down as time passes, you finish another set of guides and hand them over to Adel. Shimah makes it down first, looking vaguely uncomfortable, you wonder what’s up with that. Seraphine is much the same as always, greeting you with hesitant cheerfulness. Maya… wow she looks cheerful. Her and Anshelm come down at the same time, though Anshelm looks somewhere between tired, happy and totally spaced out.

Once everyone is settled in and breakfast is on the way discussion turns to your plans for the day. “I was thinking we could all try to get the good fortune blessing today, it’d be a little pricey, but the benefits are probably worth it.” You start things off.

“I’m well enough off on gilder and consumables for that.” Maya answers, idly stretching her arms over her head. Anshelm seems extra fixated on the… things, that causes today. Did they… Nope, not your business.

“I think that’s a good idea, maybe not every day, but right now. Which dungeon did we want to try today?” Seraphine asks.

“I was thinking Crystal Lake at D rank.” You say.

Maya’s cheerfulness dims a bit, “Al, you know the level cap on that is nine right? We’re only level three.”

“We’ve handled dungeons we’ve been over leveled for before. Plus we can always orb out. I was actually gonna ask if the rest of you guys want to chip in to get Maya an orb, so we all have one.”

“You don’t have to…” Maya starts

“Sure.” Anshelm says without hesitation.

“With all of us splitting it, it wouldn’t be very expensive.” Sera points out. “We should probably just do that from now on if we use one, if everyone splits the costs we shouldn’t have to worry about the expense.

“It shouldn’t be a problem.” Shimah says stiffly, “Splitting costs on such things is only sensible.”

Maya sighs, her new ears drooping slightly, that is so adorable, you just want to pet them. “Fine, but I won’t hesitate to use it if we’re in a bad situation.”

With that decided everyone eats breakfast and sets off to get blessings and shop. Dinah is once again the one in attendance at the cathedral, and she greets you all warmly enough, she seems a little distracted though. Either way, a blessing of good fortune on everyone later and you head for the shops, you buy up two Ethers and two Potions, though you have to let Anshelm carry one of the potions for now, you really hope a bag drops, you’re the last one besides Anshelm who doesn’t have one. You chip in toward Maya’s escape orb too of course.

That done you decide to see what all race mods and job crystals are available, the shop is nearby so it doesn’t take much cajoling to get everyone to come along for a few minutes.
    There’s actually quite a decent selection, of common jobs and race mods as well as a couple rarer ones, though those are far out of your price range.
    [Lesser Lupine Race Mod] Become one with the wilds! Grants a small number of lupine traits. Increases Agility and Perception at the cost of Magical Power. 250(200)
    [Lesser Feline Race Mod] The flexibility and stubborness of a cat can be yours! Grants a small number of feline traits. Increases Agility and Will at the cost of Constitution. 250(200)
    [Lesser Lunar Rabbit Race Mod] Mysterious Power and impossible cuteness! Grants a small number of rabbit traits. Increases Power and Charisma at the cost of Strength. 250(200)
    [Ogre Race Mod] Rough huge and crude, Smash your enemies flat. Increases Strength and Constitution at the cost of Charisma. 250(200)
    [Goblin Race Mod] Why would you do this to yourself? Increases Agility at the cost of Strength and Charisma. 150(150)
    [Lesser Crystalline Race Mod] The power of earth flows through you, boosts the power of earth spells as well as Power and Constitution. Decreases the power of wind spells and Agility. 300(250)
    [Lesser Salamander Race Mod] Fiery power surges within, boosts the power of fire spells as well as Power and Agility. Decreases the power of ice spells and Constitution. 300(250)
    [Lesser Sylph Race Mod] Dance with the wind, boosts the power of wind spells as well as Power and Agility. Decreases the power of earth spells and Constitution. 300(250)
    [Lesser Arachne Race Mod] Spider senses and reflexes, just avoid goblins, green or otherwise. grants a small number of spider traits. Increases Perception and Agility at the cost of Constitution. 250(200)
    [Lesser Dragonkin Race Mod] Comes in random colors! Great Strength and Power. Decreases Agility. Grants random elemental affinity. 500(300)
    All starting jobs
    [Hammer Warrior] Crush your enemies with the mighty swings of a two handed Warhammer 350(300)
    [Brawler] Who needs weapons, your fists are enough for any foe! 350(300)
    [Bulwark] Defense, the be all and end all. None will pass. 350(300)
    [Ranger] Student of the Wilds, Shoot things and tame beasts. 400(300)
    [Ninja] Master of shadows, and illusion. Stabbing things really hard too. 600(400)
    [Water Elementalist] Water Magic Adept, decent at control and damage. 350(300)
    [Earth Elementalist] Earth magic Adept. Great at defense, decent control. 350(300)
    [Paladin] Holy warriors adept at protecting allies and smiting foes. 600(400)
    [Shaman] Your foes will regret ever seeing you after the horrible status effects you inflict. 350(300)

Some interesting stuff, looks like stock changes fairly quickly though, since it’s all stuff sold by branded. Maya looked like she was eyeing up Ninja and Ranger, and Shimah at least glanced at Shaman, but Sera and Anshelm seem happy enough with their jobs… you do catch Anshelm considering the Ogre mod though. No, it must not happen, something deep inside of you feels sick at the very notion…. Maya will talk him out of it, you’re sure.

In any case soon you are off and on your way to Crystal Lake, the trip goes quickly enough and the sun is still pretty far from its zenith by the time you make it to the lake shore.
    “Alright, if everyone’s ready to take the plunge,” Maya says as you gather before the dungeon entrance. Receiving everyone’s nod she activates the dungeon at Rank D, and you’re off.

The first room is much as it was last time… save that the crystal is black in the first room and there are nearly twenty crystal spiders on the walls, floor and ceiling. “No. No. Nope.” You find yourself chanting already raising your staff to blast the nearest set. They are to your eye, level six. That's nearly twice the level they were previously, and with twice the health to go with it. More ominously, they now have SP, if only a very small amount.

You find out why soon enough as the horrible little things swarm over Anshelm, you and Sera have burnt off a few, but it still takes Sera and you three shots to get a kill with your area spells. They start firing webs, in addition to doing a worrying amount of damage, some miss it’s true, but every one that sticks burns and slows the person… mostly Anshelm effected by it. You end up with a mouthful of burning spider goo as well, it's disgusting and tastes like pain and fire. At least Shimah can cure the slow, it seems like the small ticks of damage have to wear off on their own though.

All in all by the time they fall you are… a little more drained than you would like given that this is the first room. Sera, Shimah and you each down an amrita just to be safe. The next room is much the same except that there are slightly less spiders, and far too many flying angry jellyfish with hundreds of poisonous painful tendrils and way too much health. You and Sera concentrate on getting the skies cleared while Maya and Anshelm work on the spiders, at least the jellyfish are slow and lack any new specials, they just hurt, a lot. Shimah is unfortunately occupied largely with simply keeping everyone free of poison and slow, she’s very much swimming against the tide on that one. At least her new group heal helps, though it takes a pretty big bite out of her SP each time. They fall eventually though, you take your potion back from Anshelm and drink it down, and follow up with an Amrita.

“Hey, next room had that acid floor going if I remember, we’ll want to hurry through it,” Anshelm grunts as he pops open a hi potion vial for himself.

“And after that comes the spider brood chamber,” Maya sighs, “Don’t take any risks with your health, there are too many enemies.”

“I admit, the enemies poison is taxing my stamina,” Shimah adds in a dour tone, as if the fact that she is having difficulty keeping up really annoys her. “I may have to begin rationing my SP somewhat.”

“All we can do is keep going,” Sera says in a surprisingly firm voice, “I… think we can do this, but we’re going to have to be fast.”

“Yeah, we’ve still got this,” you say, with confidence you don’t entirely feel, it’s one thing to say it back in town… but you very much remember the brood chamber last time. It wasn’t fun.

The next room opens with horrible burning pain in your feet, the acid is stronger than before, and the enemies more numerous, alongside the normal spiders are two new enemies. Much larger crystal spiders the size of a warg, titled ‘Nest Guardians’ level seven and with half again the health of the smaller spiders. Anshelm shouts a challenge, and you and Sera start the long work of bringing down the jellyfish, at least there’s only three of them this time. As you begin chipping away at their health you notice something. Anshelm has damaged a few of the normal spiders… but they are healing, slowly at least, but they are. Your eyes sweep to the larger spider, and sure enough its Sp has drained, and you can see a faint green aura, around it. “Anshelm! The big spider is healing them, take it out first!”

His response is something best left un-repeated. At least Maya heard you, going by the sudden critical strike that blows away a third of the spiders health bar and elicits a high pitched screech that leaves your ears ringing. It really helps put the thing down, at least it doesn’t seem like it can heal itself. Still by the time all the enemies are dead, you and Sera both take an Ether in preparation, as does Shimah. Maya and Anshelm heal up as well… and then it’s the moment of truth.

You have mere seconds to take in the difference between the old set up and the new. There’s a fourth spawner, how nice. There are also six, count them, six of the nest guardians, “Bullshit,” you can’t help but say it aloud, because that’s what this room is. Absolute bullshit, fucking spiders, they suck.

Then the push to first spawner begins. The worst part, you can’t help but think, is that the nest guardians refuse to engage you in melee, instead hanging back and healing the lesser spiders, worse still, it looks like the spawners are making them regenerate SP. You snarl something extremely rude, echoed by Anshelm, as you lay into the spiders before you. At least there’s only one nest guardian at the first spawner. Frankly, your SP is draining too fast, so is Sera and Shimah’s and Anshelm’s health bar is going to give you seizures with how quickly it’s fluctuating. Still, you make it to the first spawner. You even manage to put down the nest guardian and destroy the spawner, you’re working your way toward the next one, but it’s just too much, Shimah runs dry on SP and needs to pause for an Ether, it’s enough to make Anshelm’s health drop to yellow. "We need to retreat, we aren't going to have enough resources to continue, even if we can beat this room," you hear Maya shout.

"We can take 'em," Anshelm shouts back, despite the poison he was just inflicted with again.

"Even if we can, we won't be able to take the rest of the dungeon, we're just wasting resources now," Maya shouts back, as she kills a spider, her SP is low, and she has a biogger piece out of her health than usual for her.

Then you and Sera run out as well, and the spiders surge forward in a ridiculous swarm. It’s just too much, everyone is at or below half health and barely holding steady. You’re reaching for your Ether when the dungeon shatters around you and you are once again on the lake shore.

It takes a moment for you to come down from your adrenaline high, and you glance around everyone else looking just as surprised as you. Except Maya, who’s looking downright defiant. “There was no point in continuing that. All we would have done is waste more consumables. Even if we did somehow finish the spider chamber, we wouldn’t have anything left for the rooms following it. I know you all still feel invincible, but please, please consider a little more caution,” she starts off strong, but by the end she just sounds sad.

“We could have…” Anshelm starts, sounding irritated.

“No we couldn’t. Shimah would have run out of SP long before we finished the dungeon, and they were doing too much damage for us to manage without a healer,” Maya cuts him off.

“Maya… is correct,” Shimah sounds like the admission pains her, “I have only one Ether and two Amrita left. There was simply too much damage being dealt.”

“I told you I wouldn’t hesitate to use the orb if you all gave me one,” Maya says quietly, “I guess you’re all regretting it now.”

As if in mockery, the pane pops up then.

Failure!
    You have fled the dungeon, and will receive neither items nor Gilder. You have still earned a fraction of the experience earned so far. Choose your dungeons wisely adventurer!
    25 Experience
    2 Job points

Well crap. Anshelm is pissed, Maya is looking resigned, and Shimah just seems disgruntled. Sera is glancing quickly between the members of the party looking like she doesn’t know what to say.
    Well then

[] What do you want to say? (Keep it to a few sentences.)

What do you want to try and do after this?

[]Try a different dungeon
    []Maybe look into finding a new one? It's still relatively early.
    []Head back, maybe for a mission?
    []Maybe check in on Mom at work?

-2 Amrita, -1 Potion, -1 Ether

Al Lv3
    Ice Elementalist D
    Health 27/61
    SP 5/67

Maya Lv4
    Dual Blade Hunter D
    Health 26/58
    Sp 12/33

Anshelm Lv3
    Spear Warrior D
    Health 67/133
    SP 14/31

Shimah Lv3
    Hexer Cleric D
    Health 32/72
    SP 55/78

Seraphine Lv3
    Fire Elementalist D
    Health 22/48
    Sp 6/61

kffs, Rapey_Lemons, Vlagh999 and 8 others like this.
  23. ChandraMagic

ChandraMagic Just a Bit Ditzy Moderator

Wow, that was hurt.

Also, we must get this:

for Sera. It is the only way.

Xicree likes this.
  24. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

[X] What do you want to say? (Keep it to a few sentences.)
    -[X] "It's fine, Anshelm. Maya was looking out for us the best way she knows how. Remember she's more experienced than all of us and if she decided it was time for us to get to leaving then it was time. I trust her judgment and I know you do to. We simply didn't bring enough resources to make it through."

[X] Go to the shop and buy another escape Orb for Maya. Just in case. 2 Amrita, 1 potion, and 1 ether each for the rest of us. (substitute amrita for potions and ether for hi-potion for Anshelm)
    [X]Try a different dungeon.
    -[X] The day and your blessings aren't out yet. Jump back in with D rank Wailing Caverns.

tenchifew likes this.
  25. tenchifew

tenchifew Well worn.

Edit: changing to ChibiReapers write in.

-[X] "You're joking, right? Having you able to pull us out if I wasn't able to divide my attention enough to do it myself is exactly why I gave you that thing. It looks like I didn't judge the difficulty increase accurately enough... the change of tactics and extra effects were a harsher combination than I expected, even ignoring numbers. Sorry, but I'd rather swallow my pride than die, and I'm not sure I'd still have been standing at the end of that."

[X] Go to the shop and buy another escape Orb for Maya. Just in case. 2 Amrita, 1 potion, and 1 ether each for the rest of us. (substitute amrita for potions and ether for hi-potion for Anshelm)
    -[X] The day and your blessings aren't out yet. Jump back in with D rank Wailing Caverns.

Pretty much much agree with everything here.

26. Grosstoad

Phew. Safe. Buying that Orb really helped.

Nah, Sera needs the Salamander.

. . . Oh, who am I kidding? She will grab that anyway.
    On the other hand, she already has dumped Strength.

[] Admit (grudgingly) to Maya that you might have been too overzealous and too prideful to sound the retreat back there
    - [] Prod Anshelm to admit it as well, Maya is the voice of experience here, and- Ugh, you only knew how to be blunt...
    - [] Maya, you saw that she had been keeping something back, something about that Dungeon... Can she tell us?

[] Go back to town to resupply and heal (@yrsillar: can you eat at the Inn to heal?)
    - [] Buy Amritas for Shimah to heal all
    - [] Including another Orb for Maya

[] Try a different dungeon.
    -[] E-rank Wailing Cavern

EDIT: For stress relief purposes, hitting the spiders.
    Oh, I keep forgetting about the Cooldown.
    Damn it... Wailing Cavern was pretty easy, except for the Bonus Boss last time...
    I guess that one's fine.

27. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

Also let's not forget the silky soft elephant in the room...

Night of Drunken reveling indeed ^_^

28. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Nope. Inn only provides heals for a full nights(8 hours) sleep. It's just that food eaten elsewhere won't sustain you.

29. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

-[X] "Maya's right. We knew going into this dungeon was a risk, and with our current abilities it's clear that simply doing it would cost us more in ressources than the rewards. She made the right call, and before we lost too much either".

[X] Go to the shop and buy another escape Orb for Maya. Just in case. Thank her for keeping her cool head. 2 Amrita, 1 potion, and 1 ether each for the rest of us. (substitute amrita for potions and ether for hi-potion for Anshelm)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
    mrttao likes this.
  30. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

-[X] "You're joking, right? Having you able to pull us out if I wasn't able to divide my attention enough to do it myself is exactly why I gave you that thing. It looks like I didn't judge the difficulty increase accurately enough... the change of tactics and extra effects were a harsher combination than I expected, even ignoring numbers. Sorry, but I'd rather swallow my pride than die, and I'm not sure I'd still have been standing at the end of that."