1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Prisma Illya/Exalted Crossover Discussion

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Blight Gecko, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Blight Gecko

Blight Gecko Not too sore, are you?

I'm proposing a crossover quest between Prisma Illya and Exalted. Unfortunately, I do need help with on the Exalted side of things, if anyone is interested.

Basically, I want Illya to awake as an Exalt during her fight with Saber. This would be a really big shift in the story, especially involving Kuro. I also plan on some 2nd Magic shenanigans for crossovers.

Two more questions: 1) what would be a good caste? And what would be her motivation?

Ddmkm122, Twei and Happerry like this.
  2. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

It's obvious that Illya if she was a solar would TOTALLY be a Zenith. Personally, I would avoid having her be a Solar as she IS rather broken as is.

For fun and shennigans, have the 3dei Shirou be an Infernal.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  3. Blight Gecko

I was going for a story that was similar to Advent of the God Harem King in tone. Also, how is Illya from the Prisma Illya series "broken"?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  4. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

I think Bii means Illya in canon has a lot of raw power, but none of the skills and the mentality necessary to be a good fighter. Her becoming a Solar will make so she inevitably become incredibly competent in anything she spends a reasonable amount of time with.

One possible solution is to put everything into non-combat stuff, and then have Ilya deal with the hilarious results of her own actions. Add to hit that an exaltation is always eager to be used, combine it with the Nasuverse need to keep magic hidden, and you have an explosive recipe.

caspian1a and Ddmkm122 like this.
  5. Blight Gecko

I'm thinking Zenith with Craft, Medicine, Dodge (because in-series Illya is ridiculously good at her dodging), Linguistics (Schneiden!), and Ride. What do you think?

I do have a plan for the raw power bit. Basically, in the form of having to deal with split personality Kuro.

6. Alexander

Ride?

Oooh, I see what you did ;)

7. Biigoh

For an explaination... look at what she managed to do when given Ruby... fly without thinking unlike the other wielders, who needed time to train, or in Miyu's case... be literally unable to fly and need cheats. Or the ending of anime season 1 where she pops out -12- Excaliburs. Or in the ending of 2nd season where she goes SUPER! and combines both kalidosticks for lol magic to beat down GilGil.

This is aside from the way she usually manages to talk people into working with her.

Also note that given the exalted ability charms, Athletics is a better fit for Illya than Ride, and she has a good grasp of Melee, as opposed to Medicine.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  8. Blight Gecko

Do you think that Miyu would be a better choice?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  9. Blight Gecko

What do you guys think: would Miyu make a better Solar Exalt?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  10. Alexander

No, since she's even less likely to Exalt. As an alternative you could keep Exalted and Magical Girl powers separated energy sources, so that Ilya has to regain Essence the normal way instead of cheating with Ruby.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  11. Blight Gecko

Here is Dwayne the mechanics would work:

Illya would have two main power sets, the one from Ruby and the one from her inner Essence, specifically from both her nature as a grail and as an exalt. These two natures conflict with one another and would need to be resolved. I haven't found out how Ruby would interact with it though.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  12. Alexander

I don't think Ruby would be able to interact much with the Exaltation: it's in Ilya's soul, it's powerful beyond belief and ignore Second Magic shenanigans at best, fight then with superpowered sunlight at worst. Exaltations are indestructible even by the strongest reality warpers of the Exalted universe, by Nasu standards they are Divine Constructs.

13. Blight Gecko

Exalting might take away her ability to use Second Magic?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  14. Alexander

No, since it's Ruby that use Second Magic. I only think the Stick cannot change and/or manipulate the Exaltation directly.

15. Akuma-Heika

Akuma-Heika The Devil Exists Within

Confused. Is using the Stick a ride action? she doesn't ride a horse or vehicle in series until season 3.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  16. Akuma-Heika

Akuma-Heika The Devil Exists Within

May I suggest Infernal Illya with Miyu as her Lunar Mate and Chloe as the Solar/Abyssal (maybe reverse her with Illya)...or Chloe as her second Lunar mate lol? The shapeshifting just fits in my opinion with Chloe and she (and especially Miyu) are very attached to Illya.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  17. Teiwaz

Teiwaz Yin Addicted Demonic Cultivator

Uh not really sure if this counts as a necro or not still on the front page of quests and all.
    But Kuro would be Solar because she literally willed her self into existence from within Illya's subconscious.
    That is beyond GLORIOUS SOLAR BULLSHIT levels of doing the impossible.

18. Biigoh

Sounds like a raksha. Solars start as humans.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  19. Teiwaz

Teiwaz Yin Addicted Demonic Cultivator

So did Kuro she was Illya first but then when Kiritsugu and Iri decided "lol fuck this shit I'm out" and destroyed heads of the three families then dismantled the greater grail.
    They sealed away her memories and more or less "rebooted" Illya, however Illya prime was still semi aware do to wish craft bullshit aka deus ex machina for lolicon yuri manga plot hook shenanigans.
    She was basically a Id that forced itself out of her soul and gained a physical form. That is bullshit of the highest level.
    I guess that could also count for Lunar and Infernal Exaltation? Solars for people who face down and achieve the impossible Lunars go to people who endured and Infernals to people who have been betrayed or am I pulling shit out of my ass I don't know where I read that.

You know if you think about it in a roundabout way Illya could be seen as Kuros mom~
    [​IMG]

20. BlackThief12

BlackThief12 Nihon no Kokujin Dorobō

.... What did I get myself into?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  21. wellis

wellis Well worn.

Kuro should get "Riding" considering her, and Illya through her, interest in riding Shirou like a pony. ;)

22. wellis

wellis Well worn.

So what Exalted would Kuro be? And what seductions would she use on Shirou?

Ddmkm122 and Heaven Canceler like this.
  23. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

Eh... I would actually say the opposite. Namely that Exaltations are fundamentally inferior within their specific areas. Exaltations are great and awesome and can do almost anything. But that is the thing, they can do almost anything. They use loopholes, reinforce what is there, strengthen, manipulate and abuse. But they are stuck within the rules of Creation. They were made by one of the guys who made the universe, but they are fundamentally bound to is at the same time. If there is a rule saying no and there is no loophole to abuse, they cannot get around it. Like how in Exalted you cannot resurrect people, at least not without taking apart creation and reworking how it works on a fundamental level. True Magic is the opposite. It is a very limited case where a person looks at the universe and says "I will do this" and the universe says "No" and then the person goes and does it anyway.

It is the magical equivalent of a random farmer going and beating a high Essence Sidereal in a fistfight even though he really shouldn't be able to do that.

caspian1a, Ddmkm122 and Alexander like this.
  24. Alexander

In that case, does an Exaltation in the Nasuverse follows Creation's rules? Or it adapts? And does a True Magic works at full power even outside the Nasuverse? You have a point, but I believe most depends by interpretation.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  25. Heaven Canceler

Well, at least within the setting of Nasu the Root from which the powers are originally born is supposed to be the universal record of all of existence and every dimension - past - present and future.

Of course you could modify that for the purpose of a crossover. Like, it wouldn't be hard to just say that the guys in-universe were wrong or misunderstood something.

Or you could say that Exalted Powers interact weirdly with True Magic because of how Exalted is an artificial plane in an empty space of dream physics and stuff.

Like just consider that Exalted humanity is really weird by Nasuverse standards. Their souls have a specific anatomy utterly foreign to Nasu humanity and stuff. Nasu-humanity has souls remote controlling the body. The brain isn't a storage for knowledge but actually just the receiver for commands of the soul, just to give one of the examples in how the universe is different from baseline Real Life. Nasu souls are untouchable and unreachable ethereal things that only a True Magic can even touch in any serious manner. (Magic Circuits aren't even part of the soul, more like stamps left behind when the soul touched the body and they are still damned hard to interact with.) On the other hand, Exalted souls are made of multiple pieces, created by the Primordials in the olden days and stuff and the only reason people cannot screw with them is because someone at some point decided to build a big "NO" into the laws of Creation.

Now Exaltations... I think they could adapt. They seem pretty robust, but at the least I could see them creating miniature pockets where they can enforce the physics of creation on the universe.

There is also a method by which Exalts can turn a empty space into a part of creation, but that is so high level I don't think Ilya would do it anytime soon....

Though I guess if Ilya isn't the first Exalted in the Nasuverse, others may have started putting Exalted physics everywhere already....

This alone opens up questions.

Like, why does Ilya/Kuro/Miyu/Whoever even exalt. Not questioning her awesomeness, but more the fact that by Exalted definition only Exalted humans can Exalt. And they have a very specific soul-anatomy so wut? Are Nasu humans actually a lost colony of Creation or what? Did the Exaltation get damaged and has changed its search criterias because of that? DId someone purposefully modify it?

Did Miyu use Grail Wish hax and accidentally brainwash a Exaltation by wishing for Ilya to not die?

caspian1a, Ddmkm122 and Alexander like this.
  26. Heaven Canceler

So are you planning on doing this or have you dropped the idea by now?

Edit: Also if you do go through with it, I suggest some other Exalted to also appear sometime. Like Sidereal, I haven't seen anything notable featuring one within a fandom I actually care about.

Ddmkm122 likes this.