1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Huh?

Discussion in 'Announcements and Rules' started by magic9mushroom, Jan 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

I don't get it. A guy mentions that he's looking to move a quest off QQ because he's been threatened with a ban, and he gets banned? Is there a rule about not mentioning mod actions, or is there a rule against moving Quests out of QQ? Something else?

I'm not even disagreeing at this point, I just literally do not understand what is going on here. Could someone explain to me the difference between that and how I got here (Ford threatened to perma me, I mentioned in a thread I frequented that I was on the lookout for a new general forum, Biigoh PMed me asking me to come here)? Is there a difference?

(also Biigoh said to come here about mod actions, please don't eat me)

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

More like he talked smack to Megaolix via PM and he got hit with a temp ban.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  3. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

So it wasn't about him saying that he'd been threatened with a ban?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  4. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

It was part of it. You do not want to hear teh smack he tried to tell me. I told him such acts could be worth a temp ban fast. And yes, his accusations were that bad (and groundless).

Then, while we were still talking, I only realised later the posts in his thread.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  5. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

So his post saying "I've been threatened with a ban" did make a small difference? If so, then I'm still confused; I don't understand why that would be at all problematic. I'm not asking the "did he do enough to get banned" question, but the "what is bad about this thing" question.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  6. Biigoh

More like he made an unwise post, was given warning, posted some more, given more warning, went on to smack talk with Megaolix via PM, and started to spin about a ban threat in his threat... and Megaolix brought Gibbousmoons in to avoid whole conflict of interest issue, and he got hit with a temp ban for 3 days/72 hours.

Ddmkm122 and Xicree like this.
  7. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

I still don't understand, but we appear to be talking past each other so I guess I'll have to live with it.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  8. Biigoh

More like this.

1 - EE make bad post.
    2 - EE got warned by mod
    3 - EE sassed back at the mod warning in thread.
    4 - EE got thread ban
    5 - EE PMed Megaolix and got into argument with Megaolix about what happened.
    6 - Megaolix noticed the posts that EE was making in his own thread about being threatened with bans.
    7 - Megaolix called in Gibbousmoons to avoid conflict of interest and doing something that he shouldn't.
    8 - Gibbousmoons gave 3 days forum ban to EE.

Or something like that... so, it's more that his posts about how he was being oppressed didn't help him.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  9. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

...The only conclusion I can draw is that it's the opinion of the mods that looking for somewhere else to take a Quest, and mentioning a mod warning's existence when questioned, is "whining about" "being oppressed". This troubles me, but whatever. I'm not about to go poking my nose into unrelated business, I was just confused because that interpretation is not one I would have assumed. Thanks for clarifying.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  10. Biigoh

Not quite... more that, he PMed a mod after being given a warning and started harassing the mod, this got him a temp ban. Posting shit in his thread did not get him the ban.

If he had posted in the rules subforum disputing the warning or thread ban, that's one thing. PMing a mod and harassing him is another.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  11. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

Okay, well that's a relief.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  12. Vashon

Vashon Earnest Voice Gone for Good

I actually followed that link. Oh my god. Is this Sad Panda's Text Based Adventure's the forum? Should I stop throwing this stone in my particular glass house? Should I provide a link to a HTTYD r34 comic by Polyle?(irc) that went way too far and too sad from the same?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  13. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

I don't understand. Which link? Aside from my quoting GM, the only link in this thread was me on SV venting some irritation at Ford's ultimatum. I'm not sure what that has to do with sad pandas and comics.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  14. 24caratcoal

24caratcoal Plotbunny Rancher

The arrow in the quote box by the name links directly back to the thread it originates from, if you click the one in the quote box I made from you it would go back to your post. It doesn't matter what thread you post the quote from, it'll go directly back to that particular post. A very useful feature honestly.

Edit: Sorry, let me clarify. You can post quotes without that little context link, but by default any quote made on this site will link to the thread it comes from if you use the +quote option. You can manually make quotes that don't have a link though.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  15. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

Yes, I know. Hence, "aside from".

Ddmkm122 and 24caratcoal like this.
  16. 24caratcoal

24caratcoal Plotbunny Rancher

Sorry, misunderstood. Basically he was talking about how basically the quest your original post links to has the potential to devolve into something very... niche fetished (to put it nicely) very quickly. Unfortunately my curiosity got the better of me and I looked up what he meant. Trust me, don't.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.