1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

You get power-ups based on your username.

Discussion in 'General' started by SailorPizza, Apr 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. SailorPizza

SailorPizza Versed in the lewd.

Use any kind of any logic, the definition of words/names and determine what kind of powers & looks you get based on your the Questionable Questing username. Then tell us who you can do in the real world and look like.

If you got numbers then they will boost up the stats of strength/speed/etc like a dragon ball z character's transformation.
    could you beat me and anyone else from Questionable Questing with their username's powers?

Bonus event. Adult Franklin Richards sent you with username powers into Marvel's 616 earth.

Kirby's copying event.

Kirby eats your username. What powers does he get?

For example, with my username, he becomes a sailor scout with magical pizza powers.

could he still beat up any villain from his series to eat some cake or whatever?

Ddmkm122 and Chaos Fantasy like this.
  2. mizzet

mizzet Connoisseur.

Well, I'm a giant, hyperintelligent, magical dragon. In the real world I'd probably revolutionize a few fields of science, you know, after people get over the fact that I'm a dragon.

Ddmkm122 and SailorPizza like this.
  3. SailorPizza

That's cool and how would your family or friends react to this happening.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  4. mizzet

mizzet Connoisseur.

Surprise I'd assume. People don't just turn into dragons everyday. They'd also probably doubt it for a while. After that I'm not too sure, I would not really have a frame of reference for it. I don't think they'd be too unaccepting, but it would still be different, I'm just not sure how different.

Ddmkm122 and PlasticSoldier like this.
  5. SailorPizza

Oh i see that's okay and what would you do in the bonus event where franklin richards sent you into the marvel's world?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  6. mizzet

mizzet Connoisseur.

In Marvel I'd probably try to ignore all the crazy shenanigans that are going on and just again contribute to science a bit. Help the heroes if asked to, but mainly just stay out of all of that.

Ddmkm122 and SailorPizza like this.
  7. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

I'm a nature spirit... probably some brand of central/east Asian trickster type.

The thing is, my name has history. I've been using it for longer than I care to guess, and I created it specifically to be mine and mine alone, using my love of obscurity and language... well, not "puns" exactly... closer to symbolism, but not entirely that either... and references sounds too impersonal and off-hand... in any case, somewhere between those three words was my motivation... and my love of nature.

In my name is an Aramaic reference to a river. A Japanese reference to time/accounting. A flower from India. And canines (specifically foxes and jackals) in some language I forget but think was also from India. And a couple other meanings I completely forgot- I dreamed up this name long ago.

And those are just the meanings that were intentional. I'm sure there are others... I'll pretend they were intentional if anyone mentions one I like...

So. I have a name which is full of obscure references to nature and the cycle of life that nobody is going to recognize except the myself who originally came up with the name... not even my older self remembers all the details... if that doesn't scream "asshole nature spirit", I don't know what does.

8. SailorPizza

So basically like Poison ivy?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  9. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

I... don't even know why you'd draw that comparison, when we share only one thing in common. Poison Ivy doesn't have water, time, wild animals, or language puzzles in her portfolio. I've pretty much got the full D&D druid package going on here.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  10. SailorPizza

Oh sorry but at least you got amazing superpowers could do lot of impressive in real life and what would your friends or family react to this event?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  11. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

I... almost certainly would not tell them. After that, it really depends on what abilities I end up with. Presumably I can talk to canines, which opens up a nice potential career as a dog trainer. "Water" magic is vague as hell, but scrying, cleansing, and rain summoning are all reasonable enough. And if I can magi-grow plants, then it's not like I'll ever be hurting for food. I might even make a house using swamp willow branches.

Actually, plant manipulation is terrifying if you've got half a brain. All sorts of things you can do with the bioweapons factory that is botanical evolution even without magic getting involved.

But the real game-breaker, if I can get it, is healing magic. Drop that in my hands, and I'mma go hog wild. I have a few elderly relatives who... well, most healing seems to stop where aging comes to play, but at least I'll be able to make their final years a whole lot more comfortable.

Then it's just a question of how I make money healing people. Going public with Jesus 2.0 is so very not an option. No. Not doing it. You can't make me. As awesome as it would be to troll atheists and religious fundamentalists simultaneously, I refuse. Maybe I can find a hospital director somewhere who can keep a secret? I dunno. I'll figure something out... and if I can't, then I'll have a very comfortable life as a hermit, with my magic healing herbs and a small harem of former burn victims.

Perhaps I'll turn a small chunk of Arizona into a garden paradise.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  12. Whiskey Golf

Whiskey Golf Lewd Battalion

My username is Whiskey Golf.

hmm.

Mad golf skills after drinking whiskey, i suppose?

13. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Move to Ireland. Create the most successful game the island's ever known. That being "Concussion or Hangover?", the gameshow where contestants try to figure out the cause of their headache and last night's blackout. Unfortunately, it has to be canceled after Season 8, when the fans finally realize that "both" is statistically the right answer 85% of the time.

14. SailorPizza

That's good so basically, you be a very awesome healer who can cure anyone of their problems and make some free food & water without needing to buy it from a store.

but thanks for a long amazing answer anyway.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  15. Jimmy

Jimmy Unassuming Corgi

Howdy, my name is Jimmy.

I have the power to resurrect myself solely to die horribly again and again in increasingly ridiculous circumstances.

I don't want this power.

16. Qazda

Qazda drunk or under the influen

I just appropriated a friend's throwaway username, so I have no idea what Morquil means.

Or Qazda for that matter.

Conceptual theft, perhaps?

*Steals motivation*

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  17. Winged One

Winged One Not the Simurgh

So, what, I just sprout wings? Well, I do know a cute lady whose fetish that is...

18. DeathShade

DeathShade Dol Amroth Comes

Well seems I'm now a Necromancer, possibly with a side of generic dark magic, and Skulduggery Pleasant style Necromancy thrown in because I want it.

Ddmkm122, Mad Oracle and SailorPizza like this.
  19. ZenithOfLust

ZenithOfLust Awooo!~

I am now literally the horniest thing on the planet.

20. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

*Sigh* Well, I'm sure there's some form of herbal antiviral out there that I'll magically know how to use...

Or at least an anti-inflammatory. Maybe something to help with the chafing.

21. impossiblearchitect

impossiblearchitect Building 「that which is the strongest」.

... "One who realizes even impossible dreams."

You know what, I think I like this power. :amused:

Ddmkm122, WinterPhoenix and Vorian like this.
  22. Winged One

Winged One Not the Simurgh

Just please get good at architecture. We don't need to deal with Bloody Stupid Johnson. ;)

23. Robotninja

Robotninja Connoisseur.

Well. I am a robot ninja.

While in Marvel. . . Prank the shit out of people.

Ddmkm122 and Winged One like this.
  24. Theli

Theli Know what you're doing yet?

I rule over matter and the heavenly bodies. My body spans the universe.

I'm a big ol' celestial dragon.

God put me here to rule over the world. Who am I to say no?

I was already in Earth-616. I guess I latch on to 616-me's tail and 616-me latches on to mine and the universe doubles in size?

Kirby could probably eat me. But without me, I'm not sure what happens to the universe?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  25. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

I dunno... that might be awesome...

Okay, I need you to design a garden for me. It must have at least one triangle with three right angles. Set it up to align with the stars so that I can summon Cthulhu if I get bored.

Ddmkm122 and Least Devotee like this.
  26. Miraishougeki

Miraishougeki Interdimensional tentacles in your [CENSORED]!

My name has quite the backstory...

It comes from a character from one of my stories in a lot of ways, but I think I can safely ignore the whole Mass Infection of Revenant Artificial Intelligences part since that's just how I name characters. The name proper refers to her signature attack in the Japanese version of the story 未来衝撃波(みらいしょうげきは)or "Miraishougekiha." Translated literally, that means "Future Shock Wave." So, taking that into account...

Well, 4-dimensional sonic booms, basically. When you break the sound barrier, a shock wave is created. In this case, it revolves around the acceleration of something to the speed of light or some trash and causing a detonation in space-time. In the same way a sonic boom can cause widespread devastation via the mass release of force and heat, this would basically ravage the timelines and—as its name—all future branches off that particular timeline. In the story, the people fighting MIRAIs are unknown to history because the sheer amount of localized damage this attack did to the World Line makes it impossible to get a clear picture, even for superbeings and their omniscient perks.

What does that mean for me? Not a damn clue because even if I make that the power off the name alone, there's the whole fact that the attack isn't just the shattering of our beloved universal constant, it's the directed energy blast that follows it. Given that this 4D attack is already causality-raping in principle, it also takes that massive energy release, then funnels it toward a chosen target. In that sense, I guess the power is more a rail gun or heat ray taken to the absolute extreme. I'll settle for that, though.

The key principle of this whole technique is that it kinda works like quantum tunnelling. Yes, there is a directed heat blast, but this is done at the expense of causality. Whatever "future" was that was accelerated, it will be paid back once causality re-asserts itself. So, uhm, that kinda means that even if you dodge the attack, it's possible you'll be killed off once the temporal sonic boom strikes and things start imploding due to having been yoinked back in time to become an ungodly energy blast. It doesn't really have to be objects, though. Since we're talking about seemingly infinite energy, even a proton's mass being borrowed packs a serious punch.

The good news? I can probably rape the the 4th and 5th Dimension and thus probably have a 6th Dimensional power to comprehend and contain the energy flux. If I don't have at least 6D perception or power plus absurd durability to go along with it, I'd probably die immediately if I ever tried to use the power. At the same time, from a writing standpoint, the hero having a power that she'd die if she ever used has its own narrative appeal to me.

Having said all that, take note that I'm using higher physics definitions of "dimension" where the 4th Dimension is time, the 5th Dimension is the potential for alternate World Lines caused by choice and chance, and the 6th Dimension is a vector by which one can move between two separate World Lines.

Who I can do in the real world and look like? Eh... Well, that's worded weirdly, but I doubt my appearance would change. Smol girl with overblown "Future Shock" power, go!

I'd not like to judge this myself. If you feel like reading my post, feel free to decide if you could beat my power. Given how durable I'd be if I could use the power multiple times, I'd suggest packing some serious (and literal) heat. Have fun with the power scaling clusterfuck that comes with that nonsense.

I'll admit to not knowing anything about Marvel, but a cursory search makes me wonder how I'd handle being in a world of superheroes and supervillains. There's a lot of debate how that will go, though. First off, since the power I have, by definition, affects the future and branching futures of the timeline where it is used, I might very well end up being labeled a villain since using my power would cause permanent damage. Sure, it'll just be a heat blast at first, but as time goes on, the actual damage done will manifest as time catches up with the super-relativistic calamity. With that in mind, I'll leave it to the comic book experts to figure out what that means.

Same power, I guess. He becomes Mirai Kirby with the power to deliver super-powered heat rays that hit people several seconds in the future. Definitely gonna be able to beat up the villains, eat some cake, and then maaaaybe notice that time seems to be distorted for a while.

Ddmkm122 and TRm like this.
  27. IsaacTheAutobot1229

IsaacTheAutobot1229 Not too sore, are you?

I guess I am now a transformer that is really strong? I don't know much of anything about Dragonball.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  28. Susano

Susano Regent of the Lyran Commonwealth

Well. Seems like I'll be a dragonslaying swords dude. Sorry, mizzet . Nothing personal. :V

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  29. impossiblearchitect

impossiblearchitect Building 「that which is the strongest」.

Oh that's easy. Just pick out a nice moon big enough to be spherical, then cut out an eighth of it to be your garden. Don't even need to break out the magitech for this one :p.

To be honest, I usually think of it more as a metaphorical architect. Something between Nasuverse Pioneer of the Stars and the Path to Victory.

Not something that "hands me the Path on a silver platter" like PtV, but rather something that "guarantees that a solution lies within my capability." A path exists that will predictably - requiring no unreasonable gambles, no skills I don't have and couldn't have known I'd need, no connections I couldn't possibly have made - lead to the fulfillment of the dream. Of any dream.

A game-master's guarantee, that all challenges I face are, in some sense, fair and balanced.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  30. Teiwaz

Teiwaz Yin Addicted Demonic Cultivator

*Looks a name*
    *Looks at the gods who use said name*
    *Looks at forum*
    Eh nothing much really.

Ddmkm122 likes this.