1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Gramps' quest for a stable family (HP / Overlord/Homm crossover quest)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Nicaea, May 10, 2018.

1. Nicaea

Nicaea Monomaniac Penguin

Considering I'm following CKII stats, 8 is the lower base for an adult. Eli is exceptional in Intrigue and Diplomacy, while Dace is a complete monster in Intrigue. It was a design choice, because considering the world in which I'm dumping you, there is no way in hell you're going to fight them face on unless Babeh Daughteru reaches 20 years of age with the appropriate growth decisions.
    I mean, You have both Dumbledore and Voldemort backed up with divine assistance, and Dace is a decade younger than the latter.

Just to give you an idea of what you're against:

Aife:

Martial: 44
    Mysticism: 23
    Trait: Life is The Game: Can combine Martial and Mysticism to pass appropriate checks.

2. Bla

Bla Not too sore, are you?

[x] Plan: I want to win the damn court case

3. derkan

derkan Experienced.

4. Nicaea

Back from the hell that is Exams, diving right back into it after that. Then there's the Banana bullying campaign. But mostly exams. Closing the votes, seems like first voter plan wins again.

5. Minion #Q

Minion #Q Well worn.

Damn just missed the vote close. I suppose I should go read through the thread for more then the updates now that I have time.

First off i'm wondering why we didn't go to the dragons personally if we weren't going to do the trial it seems like a wasted chance for a bonus was there a reason not to.

I'd also wanted to ask about a write in informing Dumbledore that while our daughter had shattered the contract we might be willing to continue with funding if a different arrangement was made with him. Money is useful but other items could be just as useful. I imagine selling Phoenix tears would have been enough to fund the order if he was willing but I'm sure other things he has would have been worth the support if money was in fact an object. It would depend on how many interesting things he has and would let us change. I can imagine that amount of money would be a way to change the history class but either way. Dumbledore is unlikely to tell the order details only that arrangements were made to keep their funding.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    Nicaea likes this.
  6. Nicaea

Both are good points. To answer to those:

-It is partially our fault for not having put a specific section for personal actions, we didin't because that would interrupt the narrative, but we could have put a recap of the available actions in the end. It is our first quest so we're still figuring things out. We flipped a coin and Gramps will be going to see the dragons, since Lizzie has it handled (in more ways than one, thanks High rank SL)

-Dumbledore and OotP options will be explored post trial, right now it would be... Unwise to contact them, Gramps thought, because it would make him look like he was threatening them with a trial on the horizon. Considering his modus operandi of being very forthcoming about his business deals, that would be out of character, to boot. He's a manipulative ass, sure, but more than that, he's a competent manipulative ass. (We may or may not have written his character with an elbow on our paperback copy of the Overlord's List)

If you have any more ideas or remarks, feel free, we enjoy having some feedback.

7. Threadmarks: Prologue 3
    Nicaea

Prologue: a murder mystery tea party : 3

And the unanimous winner is :
    Plan: I want to win the damn court case]
    -[x] Don't fight her about it: Elisabeth is pleasantly surprised and will likely do something good for you, the child is named Scáthach.???
    -[x] Fund it: Will unlock the Mythic Preserve event chain.
    --[x] 4000 Galleons : Good Adventure Equipment : + 40 Success chances
    -[x] End payments: Aife betrayed the contract, you no longer need to uphold it.
    -[x] See if you can't find her a potion related job
    -[x] Have Eli do it: She's good with people.(Available due to previous choices)

A few weeks passed since all of that excitement and things came back to a relatively ordered rhythm.

-[x] End payments: Aife betrayed the contract, you no longer need to uphold it.
    -[x] Don't fight her about it: Elisabeth is pleasantly surprised and will likely do something good for you, the child is named Scáthach.???

Dace had to keep himself from snorting at that line, buried as he was by his paperwork. He had foisted off his granddaughter to Oliver. The child, feeling he was about to go, raised a fuss, unwilling to be separated from him, the half veela just shrugging and raising his arm for her to climb on. Good, that mean the man was growing attached and thus, less likely to leave.

"Oooh~ Looks like somebody noticed your little budget cuts~" Sitting on a sofa and reading his correspondence was his wife, holding open a scarlet envelope.

The blond man raised his head end looked at her, eyes stopping on what she was holding and raising an eyebrow in surprise.

"I don't remember using the anti-howler spells today."

Elizabeth waved her hand in dismissal.

"Considering the amount of married men I've slept with in my life, it would have been stupid not to learn how to mute their angry wives' letters. It's a novel experience when it comes from my own daughter though." she rubbed her chin, lips twitching as if she was refraining from smirking.

"Ex-daughter." Dace corrected automatically, signing his approval for his babysitter's excursion. His finances weren't yet in the red, but the decent amount of money he offered should help a bit. Sadly, he was too busy to help in person, but the other man didn't seem to begrudge him that.

"Did you have to spend ten hours giving birth to her in Saint Mungo?" She rolled her eyes with exasperation? " No, you just had to put it in." Her hands were waving around in an overly dramatic fashion.

"Then, by all means, you're free to keep her." He gave an amiable smile that was returned by an unamused glare.

"What's up with her anyways. I mean, I may not be the most maternal woman...""Understatement of the year."" BUT, she's always been a bit wrong. Like, too silent and intelligent." She waved her hand as if to illustrate her words with the letter. Dace put down his quill and stretched a bit, before turning to her.

"As far as I could glean with legilimency, she's a reincarnation with knowledge of the events to come."

Elizabeth suddenly sat up straight.

"Like that Anastasia woman back in the forties?"

Dace nodded.

"Damn it. Anyways, daughter's pissed that you cut off the funds, acts as if nothing happened. No word about her child? Wow, even I am not this irresponsible." She looked at him, eyebrow raised in askance.

"Though, to be fair," He answered smoothly." I did hit her with a modified and irreversible obliviation spell as she was getting away. As of right now, she cannot remember even the child's existence." In fact, that spell was so highly advanced and stealthy that it may a well have not existed. Which it didn't. But no need to fret about that. The dud he hit her with as she was flooing away was more to get them to become paranoid about what he did, since it had the markers of an obliviation spell, that would cling to her for weeks. If, as he suspected, Madeye was working with them, he'd have noticed right away.

Elizabeth gave him a look. Wait, no, not a look, The Look. Then she grabbed his collar and mashed their lips together.

A few hours later, laying on his bed, his wife cuddling to his side, he nodded to himself. Lizzie had always been weak to potential drama.
    1d100: 83 1d100:8 1d2:1 = ???
    -[x] See if you can't find her a potion related job

In the end, there was a multitude of factors to take into account. Good help was hard to find, yes, but happy help was more often than not, as much, if not more, of an asset. One should strive to be feared and loved, after all. One's subordinates reflect on the leader, and all that. With the trial and the oncoming expedition, he had no itme for an apprentice, they always took more effort to look after than children, especially those within the potions domain.

That doesn't mean he couldn't paw her off to another potions master that owed him a favor, even if they aren't the foremost expert Britain holds. Title of which, to Dace's own humble opinion, he was one of the foremost contenders. A few minuted of research within his books helped him locate the ideal candidate.

Daniel 'call me Danny' Davis (not to be mixed up with the Davies family of pure bloods), alumnus of the Hufflepuff House of Hogwarts. Exceptional results in both Transfiguration and Potions, muggleborn of course, and not many employment perspectives. Hiring him was a steal, Horace couldn't shut up about his abilities with a cauldron. Now that he thought about it, this was probably the soon-to-be retired teacher's way of ensuring his students with potential had a fair chance. That would explain the fact he regularly sent him a list of promising graduates. Oh well, everybody (mostly him) won with that, so he didn't mind being used like that. Daniel was a widowed man who set up a small apothecary shop in Hogsmeade, in his late twenties and not that bad to look at either.

If people were to ask him, he would unashamedly admit to playing matchmaker with his employees. After all, if two people loyal to him were to raise children in an environment where things were subtly arranged to make people look at him in a good light, there were good chances those children would grow up naturally inclined to think good of him and his own children on accounts of him being so helpful. Noblesse Oblige didn't mean some amount of manipulation wasn't involved.

-[x] Have Eli do it: She's good with people.(Available due to previous choices)

Elizabeth laughed madly for a while, before looking at Dace impishly.

"There is no way that you'll be able to spin this as a 'concerned father' act."

Dace shrugged.

"At this point, I just want this trial to be over with and have a reason to officially disinherit her."

"And why didn't you do so earlier?" She asked, rifling through papers, auror reports and testimonies collected, her eyebrows raising with every page flipped.

"It's a matter of perception." Dace crossed his hands under his chin. "If I disinherited her on the spot without waiting for an investigation to take place, it would have looked suspicious. Especially with the bit of drama that will take place after the reveal about little Scáthach. They might even assume this was a plot on my part and that I murdered my son-in-law in cold blood to get my hands on the Rosier family inheritance."

There was a minute of silence, before Elizabeth flipped another page and rubbed her forehead.

"I can't imagine who would get this idea." She said with a tone as dry as the desert sands.

"I know, right, it's as if people thought I was some amoral master manipulator who was planning to take over Wales or something!" He continued with an exaggerated tone of voice, hands waving around wildly.

"Yes. Completely ridiculous." Her tone sounded mildly pained now.

"Clearly, they haven't noticed who the true evil mastermind is!"

Now she was giving him a flat stare. " Is it going to be one of your pet theories about Dumbledore secretly being Satan you came up with when you were drunk and annoyed?"

Dace raised a finger, before lowering it, looking as if she took away his favorite candy.

"You're no fun, Lizzie." He did not pout, stamping his approval on the last of his paperwork.

"And you're behaving like an overgrown manchild. Whatever would your employees think of you?"

"Probably that I'm more human that they think I am." He smirked, pulling up his stack and hitting the bottom against his desk, rearranging it in a nice, rectangular, clearly defined pile

[X] Prepare yourself for the trial. One does not trump veritaserum easily, after all. Especially since multiple people may choose to use it at the same time.

In the meantime, while you've got witnesses and someone for the defense, you need some ingredients for your custom antidote to the veritaserum. Some will be easily found, some other will come later. However , there is one you're fairly sure you'll be able to procure soon...

-[x] Fund it: Will unlock the Mythic Preserve event chain.
    --[x] 4000 Galleons : Good Adventure Equipment : + 40 Success chances
    [x] Get involved. You haven't done it for years, but skulking around in the dark is still one of your greatest strengths. And half of it consisted in running away at the right time anyways. +10 to succes chances, +20 to loot roll, depending on equipment, low to high chances of injury. (May not be taken with Represent yourself)

April 10th, 1981

"I didn't think you'd bother to come here Boss, usually you throw money at problems until the go away." The blond giant laughed as the both of them were climbing the rocky path to Rhobell Fawr. The supposedly extinct volcano who wasn't a volcano at all, but instead was one of the welsh greens' favorite nesting spots, and the number one possible location as to where the action was going to happen.
    Encounter Rolls: D100: 10. (looks at the table) Heh. Heheheh. Disposition roll? 63
    At the entrance of the cavern, you meet with a man that seemed familiar.
    Intrigue check : 10. 30 Pass.
    Ah, yes, he remembered now.

"As I live and breathe, Tom Riddle, I thought you were dead, you've disappeared for years!"

The dark haired, blue eyed, surprisingly youthful looking man looked at Dace, before his expression slid smoothly into a genial mask.

"I've been busy with my research. I suppose you're here for the dragons too?" He eyed Oliver, clearly evaluating whether or not he was a threat.

"Yes. After that dreadful case with my daughter, I decided a change of air was needed, and Oliver came up to me with this. There was no chance I was going to miss an opportunity to record that, my ancestors would tan my hide if I did not." Dace raised a leather-bound book , coming with a self-inking quill. Riddle raised an eyebrow, before focusing more on Dace.

"The Gwallawg are reputed for their records." He answered noncommittally, before moving from the entrance, gesturing for them to enter the caverns with him. "May I ask what happened with your daughter? Last time I checked, you had found a good match for her."

"She got herself into an affair with a werewolf, then killed her husband and tried to murder me. I have their child currently in my custody though, so her plotting only set me back for a few years. Stranglethorn potion. Poor Rosier didn't stand a chance." Dace answered plainly, drawing an amused laugh from his fellow explorer.
    Intrigue check : 30 30 Bare pass.
    "Now I remember Lucius telling me about it." He looked directly in Dace's eyes. "She did serve the potion herself. I don't think his friends are going to let it pass."

The strawberry blond haired man blinked, cutting contact from the one who was using legilimency on him.

"Indeed. Not that it matters to me what happens to her after the trial of course, she made her bed and thus, will lie in it. I've already changed heirs anyways."

"Ah, yes, the famous heir. I've never heard of them before." The black haired man answered smoothly, clearly digging for information.

"There may or may not have been a few secrecy charms involved." Was the only answer, and they had to quiet down because they arrived before three different entrances.

Now, what will you do?

-Tom suggests you go together for better odds of survival.
    -Oliver thinks he's shifty and will stick to you, no matter what.

[] Separate
    [] Go together

What direction do you go in?

[] Left: The side with more light.
    [] Middle: The noisiest side. Oliver recommends going that way.
    [] Right: The side with the most darkness. Tom seems to want to go to that direction.

Your attitude:

[] Relaxed, nothing to fear
    [] Careful, Riddle is one of Britain's foremost experts in Runes and spell reation
    [] Write-in (moderated by GM, running away screaming like a little girl isn't a correct choice.)

So. The encounter roll.
    We had a laugh when we looked at the table, we admit.
    Anyways, you've met with that nice guy Tom Riddle, Slytherin half blood and relatively known researcher, even if he went a bit silent for a while. He saved Hogwarts from the terrible heir of Slytherin, so he must be a nice chap, right? Nothing to be scared about, right? It's not as if he was one check away from truning you both into red paste, Riiiight:D ?

If you choose to separate, Tom will call dibs on the Right/Dark path.

Gramps quest, where having a waifu actually saved your laifu. No seriously, you getting the mischievous trait gave you the 1 Intrigue needed to pass the Intrigue check to manage to bullshit the guy and avoid the instant game over.

8. Minion #Q

Minion #Q Well worn.

Separate middle and careful but on phone. Really I don't care what Voldemort finds because he won't be using it against us. If he comes with us the greater safety comes with a share of the loot. If he was interested in the same path I would join with him anyway but we're going to follow the local experts advise which isn't the path he wants to go on.

9. krahe

krahe Versed in the lewd.

I swear, if she somehow butterflied away Volan, but stole his idea, created Death Eaters and now puppet them for some 'really important reasons for the Greater Good', then I will scream a bloody murder

[x] Separate
    [x] Middle: The noisiest side. Oliver recommends going that way.
    [x] Careful, Riddle is one of Britain's foremost experts in Runes and spell reation

10. Nicaea

Double post, and no, things didn't go as you think. Aife is in her twenties RN, considering Riddle's age, he already created the death eaters before she was out of Hogwarts. Anastasia however...

Well, there have been enough hints something's wrong with Riddle already, so we're not going to spoil the surprise.

11. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[x] Separate
    [x] Careful, Riddle is one of Britain's foremost experts in Runes and spell reation

12. Kerfirou

Kerfirou Cultivating Dantian inside a Star

[x] Separate
    [x] Careful, Riddle is one of Britain's foremost experts in Runes and spell creation

13. shanagan

shanagan Versed in the lewd.

[x] Separate
    [x] Careful, Riddle is one of Britain's foremost experts in Runes and spell creation

14. Threadmarks: Prologue 4
    Nicaea

Damn, those rolls. Who sacrificed a goat to the infernal powers so that Aife got cursed?

Prologue: A mystery tea party (4)

Winning votes :

[x] Separate

"I think we wil take the path at the center, we are here for the dragons after all." Dace finally answered, eliciting a nod from the other wizard.

"Disappointing, but understandable. It is a once in a millenium opportunity after all. I will try to make haste and join you once my business down there is done." Riddle answered, readjusting the pouches on his belt, before striding towards the darker path. Once his form disappeared from sight, the blond giant at Dace's side relaxed a bit.

"Damn, that guy is creepy as fuck." That earned him a look. "What?" He protested. "Half-breed, remember? We're more sensitive to magic than your average wizard, and that guy reeks of death and destruction."

Hm, this may be a problem. There were rumors around Riddle, that he was a dark wizard, but so was Dace, therefore he would just prepare and plan some more. He signalled for them to go and they walked towards the noise. Before long, Dace realized that they were far, but the volume was too loud and he put on his earplugs. It was uncomfortable walking this way, but better than becoming deaf early. Though, that in itself would have interesing applications...

They followed a winding path nestled between jagged rocks taller than them that would be almost impossible to see from the outside for what seemed to be hours, until they arrived at the bottom of a cliff covered with himes from which green dragons entered and got out. It looked a bit like a hive, he mused, before following the expert and entered through the ground level, human-sized hole. The temperature was uncomfortably hot, but nothing that couldn't be dealt with. Cooling charms truly were a wonderful invention. The corridor was too tight for them to walk side by side, so Oliver went in first, until he stopped advancing ans Dace looked from behind him.

They had arrived in a massive cavern, where four massive green dragons were sitting, breathing on what seemed to be a golden dome. Though, from what they could see from the broken, scattered items, they had cannibalized all the gold from what seemed to have been a massive hoard. One of the reptiles looked at them, slitted golden eyes fixing them with a hostile glare. It was beginning to puff up when Dace decided to do his usual thing.

Both the dragon and Oliver were heavily surprised when he upended his purse, causing a pile of gold to appear. The dragoness looked at them warily, but as the pile became bigger than a bear and some more items appeared, namely crystals and a few gems, she began to purr and swiped all of up with its tail, turning her back to them and dumping it all on the dome.

Lost 13600 Galleons!

Next to him, Oliver winced before shifting, a bit embarrassed, as was his right, because Oliver sure didn't thing he wouldn't lead them right next to a bunch of nesting mothers of all things! Taking a breath, he relaxed. Good thing they were sensitive to bribery. At least, now, they could explore the cave without being roasted by a dragoness, which they did. Dace then noticed a few things: First, they were using gold and crystals for something, probably the golden dragon, if the vaguely ovoid shape the dome took was what he thought it was. Next, there were a plethora of gems on the ground, treated like nothing more than garbage. A quick spell round them up and after a few minutes of counting, he notices he also found a few artefacts. Not quite worth the gold he had to lose, but it made it less painful. After careful analysis, however, he discovered he hit the jackpot.

One was a shimmering blue cape with a dark blue, massive sapphire on the clasp. What made it interesting was that on the hems ot the cloak, crystal was forming, albeit slowly, as long as he was wearing it.
    Gained :
    Cloak of Crystal: Gain 1 Crystal / turn (Value: 5000 G)

Then came a set of two rings, both holding tiger's eyes on their middle, almost identical to eachother, save for the fact that one's gem was more protruding than the other's
    Gained:
    Still Eye of the dragon +1 Troops Morale, +1 Troops Luck (Value : 2000 G)
    Quiet eye of the dragon +5 Troops attack damage, +5 Troops attack defense (Value : 2000 G)

And finally, the last was a necklace made of gold, representing a hand with an eye on it. It was a small thing, but the effects on it...
    Gained:
    Pendant of free will: Immune to mind magic and hypnosis. (Value 8000 G)

Gained:
    Gems : 21

The true surprise however, laid in a collection of old tomes. Dace didn't know th language in which it was written, but considering the illustration, he was fairly sure those tomes had something to do with warfare and dragons. Somehow, the air began to feel oppressive, and he stood still as a small tremor shook the ground. Apparently, Riddle had run into a bit of a snag. Well, no matter, there was still more to explore.
    Gained:

Dragon Rearing book (Need to translate to use)
    Dragon nest plans (Need to translate to use)

[Due to Riddle being busy kicking ass and taking names, he won't contest your exploring of the remaining way.]​

After taking everything that wasn't a dragon or nailed to the ground, Dace went out while Oliver set up the recording apparatus. While it was a bit of a waste for him not to attend, this place was only opened when there were enough dragons that their resistance negated whatever kept this place inaccessible. If he didn't make use of it now, he wouldn't ever have another chance.

As he first thought, the left path led to an open area. However, what he didn't expect were ruins. He didn't know nearly enough to try and identify them, but he knew they were ancient, for obvious reasons. After looking around fruitlessly for a while, he sat down and got himself some food. That's when things became weird.

A chuffing noise to his right made him turn slowly and he was nose to nose with a wolf, who was eyeing the meat hungrily. Then, it looked at Dace and whined, looking miserable. Not wanting the wolf to decide he'd make a better snack, he got another plate of venison and set it to the ground, the giant wolf digging into it with gusto. As he was eating leisurely, he got out his fruit salad and almost sighed as a fairy landed on it, devouring the fruits. He sighed.

This place would rob him blind.

He looked beyond the small vale, towards the glade, but a shiver crept up his spine and he decided not venturing too far was a good idea. The wolf and fairy followed him and he decided to let them, for additional security as he explored the ruins. The town probably had been pillaged, but whoever destroyed it wasn't magically inclined if what he found was correct.

Gained:
    Magic Book: (Need to translate to use)

The most impressive, however, was what he found in the charred ruins of a wooden building, that was probably massive in its prime. The magic he could feel from it was off the charts. It looked like grey quartz, but with an inner, bright gree light. The moment he touched it, he felt a massive tremor on the ground and a current run through his body. It didn't seem dangerous, but better be safe than sorry, he took it too.

Gained:

??? Anchor:??? (You really need to study it)

The commotion further down became stronger and he decided to run towards the dragon cave for safety ( words he never thought he'd ever think one day).

The beasts still decided to follow him and, as the golden egg began to squirm, Oliver was squealing, and the dragonesses were increasing the temperature, Dace applied another cooling charm on his surroundings. The wolf was looking at him intently, tail beating the ground rythmically, the fairy was cartwheeling in the air, apparently bored; the book was glinting, seemingly full of secrets, and his purse was crying, Galleons disappearing.

What will Dace do?

[]Pet the dog wolf
    []Applaud to the fairy
    [] Work on the book. The language seem easy enough to crack.
    [] Check his purse, he needed to know what he was working with after he bribed the dragoness

After what seemed to be hours, the egg exploded, revealing a wolf sized baby golden dragon. Oliver was staring at it a bit too intensely, the older man couldn't help but remark. After flailing for a bit, the newborn rolled around, putting its four legs under their body and looked around. Right at Dace. Then it emitted a high pitched cooing noise and barrelled towards him. The beast was too fast for him and as their bodies collided, so did the back of his head and the wall.

Later in the day, or at least he supposed so, Dace woke up in his bed and was tempted to forget that anything happened today, but the two pairs of golden eyes and the weight on his bed reminded him that no, this wasn't a dream. At least the dog wolf and dragon got along. Then he saw the owl at his window and, with a flick of the wand he hides under his pillow, opened said window to let the bird in.

What will you name them anyways? dog wolf and dragon are a bit unimaginative
    []Dog Wolf: Write in
    []Dragon: Write in

"Here it comes." The man muttered. Then he realized what time it was, and that he was late. Oh well, he thought, it was a good thing he put Elizabeth on the case. He got up reluctantly from the bed, had a maid distract his pets with a dead cow while he sneaked out and arrived at the Ministry in time to hear the judgement.

"On the account of the murder of Edmure Rosier, Dace Gwallawg has been found innocent."

Well, if the law says it...

"On the account of the murder of Edmure Rosier, the attempted murder of Dace Gwallawg, breach of contract, fraud, conspiracy against the government" Wait what? "unlawful use of unforgivables, vigilantism and arson, Aife Rosier has been found ... innocent?" Well, the married, female judge looked about as surprised as he felt. His eyes scanned the room and he felt an intense tiredness. Aife looked the picture of the miserable victim, with eyes wide opened, tears falling delicately along her flushed cheeks, clad in a black dress that emphasized her assets. She really went all out on the charm here. People around started to make noises of discontent, especially women.

Oh well, it's not as if he expected her not to turn her supernatural charm on to convince the males in attendance, normally he'd even praise it, but right now, it was really inconvenient. Elizabeth was pouting, obviously upset she lost the case, but considering how viciously the young blounde journalist was scribbling on her notepad, he was fairly sure Aife's reputation would be ruined. Smiling confidently, he walked towards her and smiled charmingly as she noticed him, realized who he was and almost hopped towards him.

"Mr Gwallawg? Would you be available for an interview for the witch weekly?" Not the Prophet, yet still influential, and even better, most of the targeted demographic was constituted of people Aife couldn't influece easily. Perfect.

"Why of course, miss.....?" He sent her a charming smile that seemed to have some effect

"Rita Skeeter." she answered, suddenly looking shy.

Later in a cafe, during the interview, Dace explained himself at length, and the unholy glee in the woman's eye pretty much guaranteed maximum damage.

Dace himself is :
    [] A married man who lives with his granddaughter (and wasn't Rita shocked learning that)
    [] A successful businessman
    [] An erudite always in search of somebody to teach.
    []Write in

Aife is:
    [] A rebellious chind with a bad aptitude for decision making
    [] A traitorious harlot
    [] An egoist and opportunist
    [] Write in

Any other thing he wants to talk about?
    [] Yes: Write in
    [] No

In any cast, today was fruitful, and he even had a pet journalist now! Well, Rita was a bit rough around the edges, but this could change rather easily.

Results of the expedition:

Gwallawg:
    Gains: Alignment set: Nature, Megastructure available: Rampart, lots of loot, a wolf, a fairy, an overly affective dragon and his overly protective nannies.
    Losses: Purse-chan was sacrified for the cause, Dace is feeling very sad.
    Result: Victory? Well, you didn't really know what was going on... +1 Luck

Riddle: Alignment set: Death, Megastructure available: Necropolis, lots of loot (including a nat100 legendary artefact), some inferi, a score of skeletons, a few vampires.
    Losses: a few skeletons, almost all of the inferi, had to leave early and didn't get to convince more creatures to join his cause nor to 100% the place
    Result: Victory. +1 Morale. Not that it matters because Death is unaffected by morale, but think of the death eaters!

OotP:
    Gains: Riddle doesn't get even more loot or followers. Fragments of a portal, some forbidden books, 40 Mercury
    Losses: Everyone but Dumbledore and Aife dead. Dumbledore injured, Aife severely injured. (Named character deaths: Mundungus Fletcher, Alice Longbotton, Sirius Black, Malcolm McGonagall.)
    Result: Major defeat. -2 Morale. They did get steamrolled pretty badly here.

Wat do ?Choose one:
    []Pet the dog wolf
    []Applaud to the fairy
    [] Work on the book. The language seem easy enough to crack.
    [] Check his purse, he needed to know what he was working with after he bribed the dragoness

What will you name them anyways? dog wolf and dragon are a bit unimaginative
    []Dog Wolf: Write in
    []Dragon: Write in

The interview:
    Dace himself is :
    [] A married man who lives with his granddaughter (and wasn't Rita shocked learning that)
    [] A successful businessman
    [] An erudite always in search of somebody to teach.
    []Write in

Aife is:
    [] A rebellious chind with a bad aptitude for decision making
    [] A traitorious harlot
    [] An egoist and opportunist
    [] Write in

[] Yes: Write in
    [] No

Here finishes the prologue, aaaaaand crossover numero dos has been decided, Heroes of might and magic (gods, you don't know how glad we are for you not to have chosen one of the Warhammer fantasy choices)! For the purpose of this quest, We'll be mashing elements of the different games together, but anyways, you get to be the nature faction, which is surprisingly fitting as the nature is the only one with no direct opposite, you have Order (???) vs Chaos (???), and life (Dumbledore) vs death (Riddle)

As expected, Riddle came ahead when it came to... Everything, and he even soloed the entire order on his lonesome! Well, he had to run because Dumbledore's a filthy cheater who cheats, but still, his soloing the Order means that you got to explore 2 paths / 3, so yay! More loot for you! On the other hand, half the Marauders are dead now. Yay?

In the Order's defense, they weren't expecting to meet Riddle in a dark corner when they were here to abduct the golden dragon. Oh, yeah, you'd have had to fight them if Riddle didn't think they were there for him and ganked them first. What a nice guy, that Riddle. Well, mama dragon would likely have roasted them because they couldn't pay the toll, but it's like with presents, it's the intent that counts!

As for the trial, Aife is broken in diplomacy due to her traits, the moment she opened her mouth she was pretty much untouchable. Your networking made it so she didn't turn the tables on you, however.

The loot rolls on your side were average, so besides the anchor, nothing much of import. However, you're now the proud daddy of a legendary dragon, that has to count for something, right? Well, the dragon roll caused you to be out of commission, but honey'll give you the after action report.

(In a corner, daughteru is secretly glad she doesn't have to compete for Oliver's attention)

On another note: This quest is now available on sufficient Velocity! https://forums.sufficientvelocity.c...uest-for-a-stable-family.47890/#post-10760232
    Dunno if I want it to be on spacebattles, they're scary over there...

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  15. Threadmarks: Interlude: Fleur de Lis
    Nicaea

Interlude 1 : Fleur de Lis​

"There have been times when I've thought of suicide but with my luck it'd probably be a temporary solution." - Woody Allen​

-I

Two people were sitting on each side of a silver table in a room entirely dark. Above them, a small light shone, the light reflecting on the taller woman's cascading silver hair. She was wearing a long sleeved black dress, with a silver chestpiece, and was leaning over her table, chin propped up by her crossed hands.

"Do you know why you're here?" She asked, her voice low and velvety as the other person in the room panicked. Ignoring the questions and the eventual anger, she just smiled, laying back against her throne.

"You are here because you have been chosen, my dear."

That gave the other woman pause and she looked at her warily.

"Do you remember? Your death." She gave a tinkling laugh, mist spiralling into shapes that were very familiar to the other woman.

A woman, nondescript to the point her face wasn't visible, was crying, reading some books, before looking up at the noose she tied up to the lamp.
    It could be sad, if it weren't so boring.
    With a sob, she let go of the book, and was grabbing the rope, when suddenly, a silver truck surged from the wall in front of her, destroying everything in his way.

"How sad."Then the image disappeared in a fluttering of manga pages as the beautiful woman closed her fist.

"In any case, you, have been chosen. To be reborn in another world." The light flickered a bit, sparks dancing in her eyes and over her lips. "Tell me, mortal, do you know of Harry Potter?"
    It is, after all, your only good point.
    Her smile widened upon seeing the expression of the woman.
    Now, drink into the well of power until intoxication.
    "Don't worry dear, I'll take care of everything."
    My generic reincarnation story isn't doing so well...

As she wished for, she was born into a well off family of beautiful people, who wouldn't mistreat her, but wouldn't get her to be too attached either. It took her a bit of time to understand who her mother was, but when she did, her own violet eyes, inherited from said mother, kept reminding her of how stupid she was. Still, her 'parents' did their duty, but nothing more. It was a bit underwhelming. She didn't complain, she got everything she needed, and her parents were there if she wanted them to, but still, they didn't even make any remarks on her awfully precocious behavior, or her above average intelligence! How was she going to get early credibility if they insisted on treating her like a baby? She had people to save! Her father didn't even react about her prophetic dream ploy! It was so frustrating!

And so, for this girl, reality and fiction became exchanged.

Ten years later, she was on the train to Hogwarts, looking for specific people, namely two black haired children, and two brown haired ones. As she collided with a loud, redheaded girl, her eyes laid upon a boy with long black hair and pallid skin. She almost attacked him on the spot but just turned around, her mutter of "disgusting." perfectly heard by the two of them.
    The "How rude! Don't listen to her Sev'!", however, went unheard by her. She found them in the end.

The sorting was a short affair. Not.
    She was now into Hatstall territory, following Professor McGonagall's footsteps, as she was arguing with the Hat.

"Slytherin will help you learn and refine those thoughts into something usable."
    "I don't care! Put me somewhere else!"
    "You don't care about the future? Slytherin is the only house that can give you what you want."
    "I already know what's inside of it anyways! I can't go into Slytherin or they'll never accept me!"
    The Hat went silent in her mind for a moment, before...
    "No, there is one other trait that defines you. Very well, better be..."

The Hat shouted "Ravenclaw" and as its mental abilities reset, to prepare for the Sorting of another student, the Hat wondered idly if the Ravenclaw could at least help curb her hubris.

At the table of badgers, the girl and the boy were having a conversation...

Soon enough, the Shadow of Voldemort engulfed even Hogwarts, leading to a darker and darker atmosphere. Still, it reassured Aife that things were going following the scrips, even with a few changes.

"...For the sake of..! I will not go out with you James Potter, even if you were the last man in Britain!" Fifteen years old Lily Evans shouted, eyes ablaze, as she stomped away, towards their classroom, glaring at anyone who dared laugh at her. James' figure sagged a bit, while Sirius Black was hollering encouragements. On the side, the two other members of the Marauders, Remus and Aife, just rolled their eyes good-naturedly.

James just glared at Snape, who was trying to calm the irate girl down, without too much success. He'd have to do something about it. An arm thrown around his shoulders distracted him from his thoughts. Aife just glared at the mousy young boy slinging towards the third spot on their table and fingered her wand contemplatively, a wicked smile on her face.

"[Mission: Ruin Peter Pettigrew's potion], get~"

Bravery.

He'd never been that relevant. Short, chubby, with a cowardly disposition, and not that smart to boot. Still, his mother loved him and tried her best to raise him right. He didn't know what possessed the Hat into sending him to Gryffindor of all things, since he was clearly Hufflepuff material and all.

He never was able to fit in there, not bold nor brave enough, not athletic nor handsome enough, not personable or popular enough. He had no friends there, so it was no wonder he grew farther away from his chosen house, towards that of his heart. He was always welcome there, the badgers were kind to him despite the perpetual bad luck that followed him ever since he got sorted in that house. More than once, covered in ink from his blown up inkwell, he thought, tears in his eyes, to abandon Hogwarts and come back home. However, each time he thought about it, his mother's disappointed face came back to his mind and he marched on. Still, after the third month of schooling, he sat in potions with the people that would become his best friends ever since.

Lily was fire and passion and light, always animated or incensed about something. She was the kind of person to go after the bullies and make a lot of noise to protest about injustice. People didn't get why she wasn't in Gryffindor.

Severus was water, calm, placid, and inexorable, yet ever-changing and flexible. He was the one to go to when it came to talking down people, his mastery over the language and brain making everyone wonder why he wasn't in Slytherin.

He didn't care, they were his friends, and he was theirs. They never made him feel useless or unwanted, never overshadowed him. In his mind, he couldn't help but wait for the other shoe to drop.

Now, the Overlord came for them. The house was well trapped, however, even Lily's knowledge was dwarfed by the monster in front of him. Clad in black armor, and yellow eyes glowing through the three horned helmet...

The memory of a full moon came to his mind. Glowing yellow eyes. A brown blur. Him pushing Severus out of the way by instinct. The pain of having his arm torn off. The screaming of Lily and the whiteness of Severus' skin. The red haze as he fainted.

He came for her, he realized.

A hit from the mace sent him flying near the fireplace and he lay there coughing.

He was here to kill her.

He was here to kill Lily.

He was here to kill the one who made him more than he ever thought he could be.

That was not acceptable.

Opening a pained eye, he slowly got his wand and ignited the fire. He couldn't feel his legs anymore. Wheezing and feeling the coppery taste of blood in his mouth, he got two small green packets from a compartment in his glove.

He was fine with that.

A tramble of the wand sent one of them flying towards the fireplace, as terrifyingly powerful spells were shot all around, turning everything around them into ash.

He wasn't fine with that.

"..." He murmured, the fidelius spell keeping the destination secret from their ears.

He would have to be fine with that.

He aimed his wand at the redhead's back and called out. The accio spell took root, before sending her flying his way. With a wave of his want, he sent her inside the emerald fire, where she disappeared with an indignant shout as he gave her an apologetic bloody smile.

"Sorry Lils, but... I promised."

To the bloody, black haired young man who died too young at fifteen. The one who loved Lily more than anything in the world, so much that he died protecting her from a werewolf in the forbidden forest.

He will be fine with that, he thought as the lifetime of determination that never came to him strengthened him, and he glared at the inhuman monster in front of him. He chuckled wetly.

"You know, an interesting thing about floo powder?"

The thing reached for him. The wolf in him snarled defiantly.

"It blows up real well. Bombarda maxima."

Everything went green.

This wouldn't be enought to kill it, he knew, but it would take years for him to heal, and time was all Lily needed. He felt sorry for leaving her, but he was selfish and didn't want to bury another friend.

Let at least one of us survive this nightmare.

As he faded, he liked to think his black haired friend was scolding him for being an idiot, that's what Sev' did, that mother hen.

The world goes on.

After several apprenticeship refusals, years after her graduation, Lily decided to swallow her pride and make the appointment. She arrived five minutes before the indicated time and waited, until a maid told her to follow her inside, leading her towards another room. Behind the desk, a vaguely familiar strawberry blond haired man was looking at her with piercing blue eyes.

"I've read your recommendations miss Evans, all were glowing with praise. However..." his arm swept the air above his desk, sending her file flying. So that was it, just another typical pure bl-" I prefer to test people I'm hiring in a more... hands on... fashion."

Before she could even react, he snapped his fingers, and to her right, she saw simmering cauldrons and piles of ingredients, already prepared, laying on a table. Lily looked at him while he only raised an eyebrow at her, the message clear.

Prove it.

Lily couldn't help but smile almost maniacally as she saw the Greek Fire potion turn an alarming shade of puce.

After three hours of intense potioning, the man commenting here and there, Lily was drinking the orange juice like a woman coming back from the desert, sitting in front of the man. After she did, she put down the self-refilling glass and sighed, before speaking up.

"So, how did I do?"

"Hm. " he rubbed his chin pensively "There are a few bad habits that need correcting, you need to be more flexible about the doses and to learn more about plant based ingredients, but I can work with that. Hesitation disappears with experience after all."

Her hopeful expression made him laugh.

"Yes, miss Evans, I will take you as an apprentice."

As Lily suddenly started crying, startling the man, she was wondering if Severus and Peter were proud of her.

In a darkened room, the silver haired woman smiled, drinking from a cup holding the stars, her eyes narrowing and flitting towards a red haired woman clad in leather.
    "Oh? The legendary shut-in finally came out of her cage?

"Oh? The legendary two-faced whore isn't busy choking on Thor's dick?" The redhead immediately replied, eliciting a snort from the silver haired woman.

"Those words sound like those of a sore loser. Are you upset we didn't invite you?"

"Oh, don't worry, I invited myself~" Was her airy answer, causing the other's expression to drop.

"This was forbidden millenia ago." She almost hissed in rage, a satisfied smirk painting the redhead's face.

"Oh, direct intervention, yes. However..." She laughed lightly, cutting herself off. "Well, considering what happened, I can't very much cause more problems than you guys do, right?" Her hand waved at her as a small mote of gold illuminated her index. "I mean, you know how I work, right? I can't create miracles."
    And yet, I never lose. You too, would do well to remember that, Freyja.

The shadows have woken up.
    ???
    The King sleeps in the dark.
    ???
    ???
    ???
    The circle is complete.
    Victory isn't a promise.

Dear lord, we didn't know how tedious it was to deliberately alternate between good and bad things. Well , more than our usual anyways. We like interludes. They're like exposition central. Or at least help compensate for an in medias res start like we did. 'Bravery' was supposed to be shorter, but we were inspired. We like redemptions. There are a lot of timeskips, but we hope it is readable enough?

16. WazugDaWurd

WazugDaWurd Not too sore, are you?

Damn, knew cannon was off the rails but I didn't think the rails would have been vaporized entirely. Good read either way.

[X]Applaud to the fairy
    I know nothing about fires in Potter lore so going with this one.

[X]Dog Wolf: Grendel
    Seen Beowolf recently, thought it would be appropriate.

[X]Dragon: Alduin
    Played Skyrim recently and its the only dragon name I can spell decently.

[X] A married man who lives with his granddaughter (and wasn't Rita shocked learning that)
    Don't know if its a good shock or a bad shock.

[X] A rebellious chind with a bad aptitude for decision making.
    Our daughter just spewed charisma so I don't think saying anything too negative will even faze her.

[X] Yes:
    No idea what to talk about someone else can come up with a write-in. Unless Rita is interesting enough to have on retainer?

17. Minion #Q

Minion #Q Well worn.

I guess we now know the effect of having an intrigue stat of one on a person who tries to plot. :) Utter disaster I mean was she even trying. The side effects of her decisions were at times hilarious and at times depressing but they were always interesting

Having wished to be born into a well off family that wouldn't mistreat her but also wouldn't replace her original family; she then wonders why her guardians don't react to the things that she does. It seems obvious to me that her wish was responsible for the fact that they didn't care. Emotions are a two way street Her wish made it so that she wouldn't be put in a position to either hate or love them and that leaves apathy. They didn't care about her efforts because her wish was what created the situation.

The train ride was hilarious I love how her comment strengthened Lily and Snape's friendship to the point where they both went to the badgers. I had assumed that her finding the Marauders on the train meant that Pettigrew was driven away and also wound up in Hufflepuff but apparently he stayed in Gryfindor where his life was miserable because the popular girl hated him for something that in this world he would never do. It also showed that she was stuck on who a person was in a book the only real way for her to recover is to kill all of the named characters so that she can't rely on her book memories anymore. Given she's already removed both Neville and Harry from play she's off to a good start.

I was surprised that she got into Ravenclaw when her main traits seemed to be slutty and a bit dull. I guess she did refuse Sytheran and the other houses really wouldn't fit. You can't be brave if you don't consider the danger real and she actively avoided making bonds with friends. Still getting into Ravenclaw because of Hubris sounds terrifying.

The next part showed the new version of the werewolf scene and what awful people the Marauders were as kids. They were probably a terrible influence on the girl considered she seemed to obsess over them. Snape died and Pettigrew lost an arm and gained a disease to Lupin's prank and none of them got kicked out. Wow Dumbledore's 99th chance strategy for the win. Please tell me he at least got his own transformation shack because other wise he would have to share a room with the very same were wolf that bit him each full moon.

It also shows that the James/Lily pairing is gone for good. It looks like James was the one to set it in motion this time probably because he was too busy gangbanging the self insert to care about something other then his dick. Lily might be a kind and forgiving person but she's not going to forgive the murder and crippling of her two best friends.

Pettigrew dies; with the bravery that his original sorting showed the potential of, if Aife knows about this and still believes that the people of this world are the same as the ones in the books there is no saving her.

A Lily Evens who has learned about the horrors of the world and still become someone extraordinary comes to visit and is accepted as our apprentice; I doubt that we would have thrown out someone so talented after she finished and we are the largest muggleborn employer around. She is most likely still working for us as a full fledged potions mistress sadly I doubt we are the type to have her as a real mistress. Lily might even be the person that we send our adorable maid too for potions work.

The start of the quest the theft of the blessing allowed another goddess into the game.

Now Votes;
    [X]Applaud to the fairy
    only one we don't take home with us

we know that mythology is real so we should probably avoid names like Fenir. The only name I can think of are

[X]Dog Wolf: Glutton
    [X]Dragon: Jewel

trial what do we want to do; Skeeter might alter what she says but this is a public speech to the world about how we are presenting ourself. It will also change how she writes the article and how people will react to it. We are targeting woman however it is likely that others will pick this up for reprints and Alfe is a woman so she will read this eventually. There are way too many combinations for me to go into so instead I will only talk about what I want.

I don't want to reveal the granddaughter. I don't know if she would care but even if we would win in court she could very well decide to storm the place to take her back if she is attached to the child. It would also bring attention on the future player character far too soon. I don't mind bringing up how our estranged wife defended us in court though.
    This isn't business as usual focusing on business includes making us more distant and impersonal when we want sympathy and empathy.
    Teacher only highlights how we couldn't get through to our daughter.

A rebellious child means we are still trying to be responsible for her and her mistakes it makes us liable.
    A traitorious Harlot and egoist and opportunist are too hard as her father us lashing out could backfire on women with children.

Possibility's

Family man who failed
    A man that values his word as his bond
    She decides what is right based on instinct rather then reason and then improvises a way out when things began to fall apart using magic and beauty.

A girl playing with Peter Pan. She started life more intelligent then most but that early intelligence meant that she never grew up has remained frozen both mentally and emotionally since then. She is not dumb however intelligence is not the same as maturity. Her skill with magic appearance and my financial support have made it so that she never truly grew as a person since the day she went off to Hogwarts.
    The only thing that has changed with her since her 11th birthday is her hormones.

A man who feels responsible for a tragedy.
    Second chances are admirable
    I told her she would always have a place in my home; however the murder attempt will mean that place will have strings stopping her from both acting against me and

Pettigrew MVP

[X] A man who is an example of how grief and loss can bring people together as well as tear them apart.
    "show off wife"
    [X] An Adult who has finally made a choice that a father can't accept.
    The child is still loved but she can't be supported.
    Her time at Hogwarts under professor Dumbledore has hopefully prepared her for the world

[X] Yes: The one truth that was not disputed in the trial was that a man died unexpectedly in a place that he called home. Even if you are safe I would ask for you to gather your memories and place them not in a house but a gringotts vault so that if the worst happens your family and friends will remember you.

EDIT
    I am very confused about how Peter Pettigrew was able to die against both the Overlord and during the Dragon expedition with the order. Did you mean someone else like Lupin or Potter instead.

If the overlord was in a house in dragon cave both Lily and Peter would have to have been members of the order during this last update. I didn't think it was likely that they were order members at all. I suppose if they never learned it was Remus that attacked them in the forest they could have been drawn into Dumbledore's orbit however him dying now would mean that Lily is our current apprentice because her scene asking about it happened after his death which would have been this update.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
    WazugDaWurd and derkan like this.
  18. Nicaea

Oh, believe me, it gets worse, for a very specific reason showed before Pettigrew's POV. And remember, she's not the only one running around.

Both Elizabeth and Dace are highly independant and hate clingyness. They're aromantic (both) and married for the benefits, hence why Dace doesn't even blink whe hearing about wifey's actions.

They were not apathic towards her, however, as Dace said, she never even tried to act as their child, so they didn't feel the need to act as parents.

She inversed both, so all of those who aren't named people from the books aren't really people to her.

I did say the rolls were hilarious. And that Voldemort was running around going spare because every couple that defied him was dead. Poor thing didn't realize that Aife did his job for him, it's hilarious.

Yes, my interpretation about the sorting is that it looks at your potential and sends you where you need to be to hone it. Slytherin would have forced Aife to acknowledge that things weren't like in her books and taught her subtlety. However, her need to blend in with the Marauders made it so her low intrigue struck and she did something stupid.

Since the hat realized that, he sent her instead to the house that had the most experience in controlling her vices, which is in theory Ravenclaw, however since the hat isn't human, he miscalculated because he couldn't feel her mindwhammy aura.

But yeah, in MY canon, each house has a quality, but also a vice. Gryffindor got Bravery / Wrath, Hufflepuff got Loyalty / Envy, Slytherin got Cunning / Sloth and Ravenclaw got Curiosity / Pride, and they teach each child how to become a functionnal adult using both.

I don't show all the rolls, and sometimes not at all, but I really want to impress that the stats I put here are not for show. Low intrigue Aife did that, while High intrigue Dace managed to turn it around so that he came even stronger than he was before, while having different threats neuter eachother and leaving him in place to do stuff, all of that without losing anything at all.

Bit more complicated than that. Thankfully, you're going to get a chance at interrogating him soon.

Yep, Sirius was actually the one guy with a moral fibre in the team. And he's dead now. More on that later too.

Nah, she's Lupinsexual.

She doesn't. Low intrigue. Besides, she's busy playing house with her mindwhammied boyfriend right now.

Nah, we really wouldn't. The very reason why he did it in the first place was because he was sick of seeing competent people disappear and decided to take them all for himself. He even created the magical equivalent of University in Wales for that.

Yes and no to the first, no to the second. Though, if she was the one to offer, Dace wouldn't say no, Lily is an attractive young woman after all. But she wouldn't, because she's got one hell of an axe to grind once Dace dropped all of his relevant intel on her desk.

Nah, Dace sent the maid to that hot widowed shopkeeper dude to get hitched to learn under him.

Not quite. Andraste could always intervene in an indirect way, however, you guys screwing over Freyja's ( her enemy) chosen definitely got you her attention.

Dace is aware of Aife's supernatural charm, so he kinda abandoned the idea of getting guys on his side on the accounts of the higher population of people not being attracted to other females were girls. Highly emotional girls. And fangirls. That he has in droves, because Dace loves his image.

As it was, it leveled an entire street. 10 more on the roll and he could one shot the Overlord. That's how much damage his blasting curse did.

Because I read the wrong line when I was on autopilot and wrote his name instead of McGonagall's brother. I'd just corrected spelling mistakes from his part too. Good catch!

The axe Lily is grinding is very silver.

Oh believe me, I can do worse. *evil cackle*

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    TimelordLucario, Bla and WazugDaWurd like this.
  19. Threadmarks: Turn 1 (1)
    Nicaea

It is now September 16th 1981.

Gains:

-Animal (mundane and magical) Ranches : +45,000 Galleon (after salaries and charges), 1d6 Epic animal components/ Turn
    -- 1000 Employees, payed 544 G/m on average.

Potion shops 'Montmorency' in England: + 50, 000 Galleons/ Turn
    --500 Employees payed 502 G/m on average

Spendings

Gwallawg Academy of Superior Learning : -25,000 Galleon / turn , 1d6 – 3 Chance of Loyal Superior Unit, 1d100-95 chance of Loyal Hero Unit. (Muggleborn population : 95%)

Lease: 20,000 Galleons/turn (10 turns left)

Maintenance, taxes, salaries of the manor: 18,900 Galleons/turn (50 of them, 376 G/T on average)

Order funding: 20,000 Galleons/turn. (suspended)

= 31,100 Galleons / Turn

Gained :

31,100 Galleons.
    1d6 : 2 : Hydra venom, Chimera heartstrings. That's Australia for you.
    1d6 – 3: 3 (nope)
    1d100-95: 39 (nope)
    1 Crystal

Treasury:
    32,500 Galleons
    1 Crystal
    21 Gems

Skylight : A sapphire that seems to shine with an inner light. +10 to results if used to create items with [Life/Order] Attribute.
    ??? Anchor:??? (You really need to study it)
    Magic Book: (Need to translate to use)
    Dragon Rearing book (Need to translate to use)
    Dragon nest plans (Need to translate to use)

Ingredients:
    Hydra venom
    Chimera heartstrings

Inventory:
    Cloak of Crystal: Gain 1 Crystal / turn (Value: 5000 G)
    Still Eye of the dragon +1 Troops Morale, +1 Troops Luck (Value : 2000 G)
    Quiet eye of the dragon +5 Troops attack damage, +5 Troops attack defense (Value : 2000 G)
    Pendant of free will: Immune to mind magic and hypnosis. (Value 8000 G)

Rumor Mill:

Since Dace is a Main Intrigue character, to compensate for the fact that he cannot take the field and lead armies (well, he could, but he knows he sucks at it so leaves it to the guys trained for it), he can instead act directly on what the rumor mill says. If taken with some of the other action choices below, this will increase the chances of them being successes due to synergy. AP: 2

The ministry intends to pass laws to restrict the employment rate and average freedom of magical creatures, once again. Normally this wouldn't even make a blip on your radar, but it seems some people have been using your family's tragedy to advance their agenda.
    [] You may have to do something about that. (Event roll: 22)

Several people, couples, who actively fought against Voldemort were spirited away, the most prominent of them all being, strangely enough, the newly widowed Frank Longbottom, who had a near legendary row with Dumbledore at Hogwarts and stormed out, taking with him his mother and one year old son.
    [] You wonder what happened, it seems some investigation will be necessary. (Event roll: 78)

Speaking of the Order, it seems they are laying the groundwork to come out in the open. Which is a bit strange, considering that some of their more combat capable members were disappeared mysteriously back in April. Dumbledore probably found out something that would allow him to tip the balance somehow, gods knows he was the only competent one in his little organization.
    [] You don't know if you want to know what the old codger was up to, but the last time he pulled a seemingly crazy move, it ended up with Grindelwald comatose and his army destroyed. Look into that. (Event roll: 2)

Apparently, a lot of magical plants and have appeared on some remote island near the Scottish shores. The land has been up to sale, but somehow, people haven't noticed it until recently. It was decided to auction it off.
    [] Something's fishy about all of this, and you want to know what. (Event Roll : 99)

Well, that's enough about rumor mongering, now begins Turn 1 !

Turn 1

Diplomacy: Adviser : Elizabeth Gwallawg : Actions : 2

With Eli here, she's freed up enough of your time to make it so you could do something else if you wished to. She'd do equally well as a spymaster, but she's content enough. Now, what to do though, you have no idea!

[] Have a chat with Dumbledore. You've put it off long enough, and as much as you loathe the old man, he is a major player and you shouldn't let him run around unchecked. This will open up funding options.

[] Have a nice brunch with Lucius. He's young and eager to please and surprisingly easy to influence for somebody so brilliant when it comes to money. Sure, he's working for Voldemort too, and will probably spy on you, but there are signs that his loyalty is less... Ironclad than one may think.

[] Visit the Ministry, try to build up contacts. The people over there like you well enough, but you never know who you can meet, and what you can find. Besides, you've been acting like a recluse the last month, that's bound to make some people nervous.

[] Get yourself a XXXXX Class creature permit. Your very illegal pet dragon won't be small for much longer. Gods only know what kind of other creature will latch on you. Costs 2000G

[] Attend Academy graduation. You are, after all, the owner, founder and the one who funds the Gwallawg Academy of Superior Learning, located in Cardiff. This will increase your chance of people with exceptional potential stepping up next year, such as Oliver and Miss Evans.

Stewardship: Advisor : Oliver Lapierre : Actions : 2

Oliver, for all of the one track mind he has, is quite efficient when he comes to administration. Of course, he'd rather become your researcher, but for now, he'll do as your steward.

[] Develop your budding empire, you need to spend gold to earn more gold, after all. Costs 10 000 G. Gains variable.

[] Work on coordinating Your granddaughter's and your own shops. This should lessen some expenses while increasing profits for both. Costs 5 000 G.

[] Lily Evans has come to you asking for funding. She's surprisingly cagey about why she wants it, but she's proven to be a level headed woman most of the time.
    -[] Accept
    --[] 5000G
    --[] 10 000G
    --[] 15 000G
    -[] Refuse

[] The wandmaker Ollivanders noticed the sudden increase in magic around your house, mostly because bowtruckles love fairy eggs, and their presence reinforces trees, making them perfect for wands. You may be able to strike a deal with him. Or at least get that damned tent away from your favorite petunia patch.

[] Find sources of building materials. Your contacts went out of business not that long ago, and you need good sources. Guaranteed access to Wood and Stone production facilities. Chance of getting access to Gem, Crystal, Sulfur or Mercury production facilities.

Martial: Actions : 1

This isn't really your cup of tea, and it kind of shows. However, luckily, a massive project has attracted your attention. You seriously hope you'll find someone to handle this for you soon.

[] Animal pens. Crudely explained, you need a place to store your dragon, his mothers, your pet dog wolf, his pack, and the fairies that are about to overrun the small woods near your manor. If you see one more of those giant bowtruckle things, you're fairly sure you won't be able to dislodge Ollivanders from your lawn.[May only be taken if the [Rampart: Find a suitable location]and [finding sources of building materials] actions are taken]. May only build one per turn for stealth reasons.

-[] Wolf den : Produces 10 Wolves / turn, 1 year after construction. Costs 10 Wood, 2000 G
    --[] Direwolf den: Produces 10 Direwolves / turn;, 1 year after construction. Replaces Wolf den. Costs 10 Wood, 3000 G
    -[] Pixie huts: Produces 15 Pixies/turn, available immediately. Costs 20 Wood, 1000 G
    --[] Sprite huts: Produces 15 Sprites / turn, available immediately. Replaces Pixie huts. Costs 10 Wood, 2000 G
    -[] Dragon Cliffs: Produces 1 Green dragon/ turn, 5 years after construction. [Needs [Dragon rearing book] and [Dragon nest plans] to be translated.] Costs 30 Stone, 20 Crystal, 20 000G
    --[] Dragon Lair: Produces 1 Golden dragon/turn, 5 years after construction. Replaces Dragon Cliffs. Costs 30 Stone, 20 Crystal, 40 000G

[] Hire more security staff. -10 to enemy infiltration rolls. 2000G

[] Find yourself a Security Chief (Martial adviser). You need all the help. 5000G

[] But will that security chief be the best ? No. Try to poach an auror or two! Considering what they're doing with them, they won't be missed. Risky, though. And costly. 7500G

Intrigue: Actions : 2 (1+ Intrigue over 25)

You're not sure you'll find anyone you trust with this to help you, save for your wife, but you need her more where she is right now.

[] Plots are good for your health! Plot against: (Will receive intel on their moves, plus additional actions if the opportunity arises.)
    -[] Dumbledore's little club of vigilantes.
    -[] Voldemort's band of hooligans.

[] Plots are good for your purse! With all those people dying left and right...
    -[] Plot to take over shops in Diagon Alley (England, London).
    -[] Plot to take over shops in the Green Alley (Wales, Cardiff)

[] Compulsive plotting is also good for the morale!
    -[] Go on a matchmaking spree. Chance to increase Diplomacy, gain RP with some people, reputation.
    -[] Go on a trolling rampage an adventure! Chance to increase Intrigue, inconvenience enemies, gain RP with some people.

[] Plotting is an excellent bonding activity!
    -[] Plot with Oliver: +10 to Stewardship action rolls (+2 RP with Oliver)
    -[] Plot with Elizabeth : +15 to Diplomacy action rolls (SL MAX)

Learning: Actions : 2 (1+Learning over 25)

You're not letting anyone not from your family handle those books. Ever. You'll have to wait until either Elizabeth finds herself a newfound passion for reading, or until little Scáthach decides paper isn't for eating and learns to read. You have a feeling the latter will come earlier.

[] Translate books. Knowledge is always useful.
    -[]Dragon Rearing book [Takes 1 session]
    -[]Dragon nest plans [Takes 1 session] (reduced because you have a live dragon to experiment with)
    -[] Magic Book: [Takes 4 sessions]

[] Attend lessons to your own Academy. (due to owning ??? Anchor , this will cause the emergence of some skills.) Since you're the owner, you can attend for free.
    -[] There were a few lectures about Herbalism...
    -[] You don't believe in that meditation mumbo jumbo, but there are a few interesting applications you can think of...
    -[] Huh. You didn't think they'd build special buildings for Care of Magical creatures...

[] On the other hand, you could also brush up your management skills...(due to owning ??? Anchor , this will cause the emergence of some skills.)
    -[] Everyone has a price! Bribing Diplomacy is an important skill after all...
    -[] With all of the things going on right now, you need to brush up on your Estates management.
    -[] Resource acquisition is important too, you can't always rely on buying off the opposition.

Mysticism : Actions : 1

It stings a bit that you're just on the lower spectrum of powerful, but you'll deal. Though, you'd really like it if someone could step up and help you with all of that, you've got too much work to do.

[] Rampart: Step one (must complete all of those to unlock step 2)
    -[] Find a suitable location.
    -[] Find a full roster of Nature-themed creatures. (Currently 3/7: Fairy line, wolf line and dragon line)
    -[] Spare resources for the building: Pay 30 000 G, 30 wood, 30 stone. (0/30 000, 0/30, 0/30)
    -[] Investigate the ??? Anchor

Personal: Actions : 3 (1+Stewardship Advisor +Diplomacy Advisor)

[] Spend time with:
    -[] Scáthach. She is your heiress and granddaughter, even if she isn't really interested in your plots yet, she seems like a normal enough child, so you should pay attention to her, right? (+3 RP, SL unlocked)
    -[] Lucius. His wife and your heiress are rather close, especially since apparently, their son enjoys your daughter's company. And Narcissa wants a daughter. (+2 RP, Scáthach unlocks Draco Malfoy SL and gains 2RP)
    -[] Lily. Your old apprentice is up to something, you want to make sure this won't get out of hand. (+2 RP, SL Revealed)
    -[] Oliver. You've thrown a lot of work his way, may as well make him feel appreciated, right? (+2 RP, SL Revealed)

[] Personal supervision. Supervise an action from the other sections. Gain +10 to rolls if Martial, Stewardship or Diplomacy action, +20 if Leaning or Mysticism action, +30 if Intrigue action. (May be used multiple times, but not on the same actions.)

Author's random ramblings:
    The previous vote had a tie between fairy or dog wolf. So I'll flip a coin. As with the character creation choices, you'll see the results of the vote when it becomes relevant.

The diplomacy options may seem like intrigue options, because they are. While character traits have an influence on stats, they also have an influence on narration. Since Dace is manipulative and can use his intrigue to pass diplomacy checks, that reflects on the available choices. This will remain the case, until/unless you get a specific skill for him that should be available soon-ish with the correct choices.
    For the options themselves, we tried to find a way to give you an idea of what each action does, but since there are more 'players' in game than you, the results became radically different each time, so we gave up.
    That early nat 100 is carrying you hard. Tier 7 creature available immediately. Much wow. Thankfully, this only gives you about 10 turns of advance (And throws you into the jaws of AP hell).Riddle and Dumbles could still squish your faction with a thought though since it takes time for dragons to mature, especially those of the four limbed, 'Fuck you magic' variety, as opposite to the regular two limbed variety that gets downed by a well placed cunjunctivitis curse. Yes, we were disappointed by the dragons in the 4th book!
    BR-chan seems to be throwing a bone at Bumblebee.
    Speaking of rolls, we'll remind everyone that the higher it is, the better, 50 being the average. The opposite is also true.
    As for the prices, Dace is a proud man, he refuses to consider anything but the best materials, with the best artisans to work them. That's why prices seem so ridiculous compared to HP stations of canon. On the other hand, that also means that his employees are paid 20% more than anywhere else, which is why he can afford to have rather high standards.

PbookR, Dogsigh, thesoj and 15 others like this.
  20. shanagan

Several people, couples, who actively fought against Voldemort were spirited away, the most prominent of them all being, strangely enough, the newly widowed Frank Longbottom, who had a near legendary row with Dumbledore at Hogwarts and stormed out, taking with him his mother and one year old son.
    [X] You wonder what happened, it seems some investigation will be necessary. (Event roll: 78)
    Speaking of the Order, it seems they are laying the groundwork to come out in the open. Which is a bit strange, considering that some of their more combat capable members were disappeared mysteriously back in April. Dumbledore probably found out something that would allow him to tip the balance somehow, gods knows he was the only competent one in his little organization.
    [X] You don't know if you want to know what the old codger was up to, but the last time he pulled a seemingly crazy move, it ended up with Grindelwald comatose and his army destroyed. Look into that. (Event roll: 2)

[X] Get yourself a XXXXX Class creature permit. Your very illegal pet dragon won't be small for much longer. Gods only know what kind of other creature will latch on you. Costs 2000G
    [X] Attend Academy graduation. You are, after all, the owner, founder and the one who funds the Gwallawg Academy of Superior Learning, located in Cardiff. This will increase your chance of people with exceptional potential stepping up next year, such as Oliver and Miss Evans.

[X] Work on coordinating Your granddaughter's and your own shops. This should lessen some expenses while increasing profits for both. Costs 5 000 G.
    [X] Lily Evans has come to you asking for funding. She's surprisingly cagey about why she wants it, but she's proven to be a level headed woman most of the time.
    -[X] Accept
    --[X] 5000G

[X] Find yourself a Security Chief (Martial adviser). You need all the help. 5000G

[X] Compulsive plotting is also good for the morale!
    -[X] Go on a trolling rampage an adventure! Chance to increase Intrigue, inconvenience enemies, gain RP with some people.
    [X] Plotting is an excellent bonding activity!
    -[X] Plot with Oliver: +10 to Stewardship action rolls (+2 RP with Oliver)

[X] Attend lessons to your own Academy. (due to owning ??? Anchor , this will cause the emergence of some skills.) Since you're the owner, you can attend for free.
    -[X] You don't believe in that meditation mumbo jumbo, but there are a few interesting applications you can think of...
    [X] On the other hand, you could also brush up your management skills...(due to owning ??? Anchor , this will cause the emergence of some skills.)
    -[X] Everyone has a price! Bribing Diplomacy is an important skill after all...

[X] Rampart: Step one (must complete all of those to unlock step 2)
    -[X] Investigate the ??? Anchor

[X] Spend time with:
    -[X] Scáthach. She is your heiress and granddaughter, even if she isn't really interested in your plots yet, she seems like a normal enough child, so you should pay attention to her, right? (+3 RP, SL unlocked)
    -[X] Lucius. His wife and your heiress are rather close, especially since apparently, their son enjoys your daughter's company. And Narcissa wants a daughter. (+2 RP, Scáthach unlocks Draco Malfoy SL and gains 2RP)
    -[X] Lily. Your old apprentice is up to something, you want to make sure this won't get out of hand. (+2 RP, SL Revealed)

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  21. WazugDaWurd

WazugDaWurd Not too sore, are you?

[X] You wonder what happened, it seems some investigation will be necessary. (Event roll: 78)
    [X] You don't know if you want to know what the old codger was up to, but the last time he pulled a seemingly crazy move, it ended up with Grindelwald comatose and his army destroyed. Look into that. (Event roll: 2)

[X] Get yourself a XXXXX Class creature permit. Your very illegal pet dragon won't be small for much longer. Gods only know what kind of other creature will latch on you. Costs 2000G
    I have no idea how long it will be before the dragon grows to the point of being a problem. Best get the permit now while its still young and easy to hide before it grows and everyone freaks out.

[X] Attend Academy graduation. You are, after all, the owner, founder and the one who funds the Gwallawg Academy of Superior Learning, located in Cardiff. This will increase your chance of people with exceptional potential stepping up next year, such as Oliver and Miss Evans.

[X] Work on coordinating Your granddaughter's and your own shops. This should lessen some expenses while increasing profits for both. Costs 5 000 G.
    [X] Lily Evans has come to you asking for funding. She's surprisingly cagey about why she wants it, but she's proven to be a level headed woman most of the time.
    -[X] Accept
    --[X] 10000G
    More profits plus the donation is one step below maximum.

[X] Find yourself a Security Chief (Martial adviser). You need all the help. 5000G
    Whats our marshal score again? Maybe Dace if he has a decent marshal score?

[X] Compulsive plotting is also good for the morale!
    -[X] Go on a trolling rampage an adventure! Chance to increase Intrigue, inconvenience enemies, gain RP with some people.
    [X] Plotting is an excellent bonding activity!
    -[X] Plot with Oliver: +10 to Stewardship action rolls (+2 RP with Oliver)

[X] Translate books. Knowledge is always useful.
    -[X]Dragon Rearing book [Takes 1 session]
    We have a dragon which is awesome, we don't know how to take care of a dragon which is less awesome.
    [X] Attend lessons to your own Academy. (due to owning ??? Anchor , this will cause the emergence of some skills.) Since you're the owner, you can attend for free.
    -[X] You don't believe in that meditation mumbo jumbo, but there are a few interesting applications you can think of...

[X] Spend time with:
    -[X] Scáthach. She is your heiress and granddaughter, even if she isn't really interested in your plots yet, she seems like a normal enough child, so you should pay attention to her, right? (+3 RP, SL unlocked)
    -[X] Lucius. His wife and your heiress are rather close, especially since apparently, their son enjoys your daughter's company. And Narcissa wants a daughter. (+2 RP, Scáthach unlocks Draco Malfoy SL and gains 2RP)
    -[X] Lily. Your old apprentice is up to something, you want to make sure this won't get out of hand. (+2 RP, SL Revealed)

My votes, feel free to add more or point out any budget issues.

22. Nicaea

About a year before it becomes bigger than a shed, Green and Goldens become combat capable at about 5 years of age, when they're between 50 and 60 feet tall. Half of the reason the'yre so costly is because they eat a lot.

Dace cannot be his own Security Chief, I'm afraid that would defeat the purpose.

If you're talking about Oliver, each adviser may only occupy one post.

Qeqre and WazugDaWurd like this.
  23. Minion #Q

Minion #Q Well worn.

Edit if not formatted right I'll just vote for another plan that pops up. Yu

[x] plan default
    -[X] You don't know if you want to know what the old codger was up to, but the last time he pulled a seemingly crazy move, it ended up with Grindelwald comatose and his army destroyed. Look into that. (Event roll: 2)
    -[X] Something's fishy about all of this, and you want to know what. (Event Roll : 99)
    -[X] Have a chat with Dumbledore. You've put it off long enough, and as much as you loathe the old man, he is a major player and you shouldn't let him run around unchecked. This will open up funding options.]
    -[x]Get yourself a XXXXX Class creature permit. Your very illegal pet dragon won't be small for much longer. Gods only know what kind of other creature will latch on you. Costs 2000G
    -[X] Lily Evans has come to you asking for funding. She's surprisingly cagey about why she wants it, but she's proven to be a level headed woman most of the time.
    -[X] Accept
    --[X] 10 000G
    -[X] The wandmaker Ollivanders noticed the sudden increase in magic around your house, mostly because bowtruckles love fairy eggs, and their presence reinforces trees, making them perfect for wands. You may be able to strike a deal with him. Or at least get that damned tent away from your favorite petunia patch.
    -[X] Plotting is an excellent bonding activity!
    --[X] Plot with Elizabeth : +15 to Diplomacy action rolls (SL MAX)
    -[X] Plots are good for your health! Plot against: (Will receive intel on their moves, plus additional actions if the opportunity arises.)
    --[X] Dumbledore's little club of vigilantes.
    -[X] Translate books. Knowledge is always useful.
    --[X]Dragon Rearing book [Takes 1 session]
    --[X]Dragon nest plans [Takes 1 session] (reduced because you have a live dragon to experiment with)
    -[X] Rampart: Step one (must complete all of those to unlock step 2)
    --[X] Find a suitable location.
    -[X] Spend time with:
    --[X] Scáthach. She is your heiress and granddaughter, even if she isn't really interested in your plots yet, she seems like a normal enough child, so you should pay attention to her, right? (+3 RP, SL unlocked)
    --[X] Lucius. His wife and your heiress are rather close, especially since apparently, their son enjoys your daughter's company. And Narcissa wants a daughter. (+2 RP, Scáthach unlocks Draco Malfoy SL and gains 2RP)
    --[X] Lily. Your old apprentice is up to something, you want to make sure this won't get out of hand. (+2 RP, SL Revealed)

I feel that the rumor actions all but have to be the forest and finding out what Dumbledore is plotting; we know out of character that Voldemort's days are numbered and while we might not be Dumbledore's enemy we are in no way his friend.
    Diplo actions are all important if we take the build actions for the dragon it would really help to have it be legal and meeting someone should work with spying on them to learn more. I'm hoping that being there for the creature registration will counter the hermit nature making them nervous but it was probably meant to go with the regulation laws that i'm skipping over.
    I like Lily and the other was a tossup but I went with Olivander because it worked with the creature permit.

not planning anymore finishing to go talk with family

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  24. Nicaea

On another note, I'd like to remind you that the votes should be done by plans.

25. Threadmarks: Turn 1.1 : September 1981 - June 1982
    Nicaea

Turn 1.1 : September 1981 - June 1982

And the winning plan is...

Plan:[/B] Curiosity killed the cat, but horcruxes brought it back]
    -[x] Rumor Mill:
    --[x] You wonder what happened, it seems some investigation will be necessary. (Event roll: 78)
    --[x] You don't know if you want to know what the old codger was up to, but the last time he pulled a seemingly crazy move, it ended up with Grindelwald comatose and his army destroyed. Look into that. (Event roll: 2)
    -[x] Diplomacy:
    --[x] Have a nice brunch with Lucius. He's young and eager to please and surprisingly easy to influence for somebody so brilliant when it comes to money. Sure, he's working for Voldemort too, and will probably spy on you, but there are signs that his loyalty is less... Ironclad than one may think.
    --[x] Attend Academy graduation. You are, after all, the owner, founder and the one who funds the Gwallawg Academy of Superior Learning, located in Cardiff. This will increase your chance of people with exceptional potential stepping up next year, such as Oliver and Miss Evans.
    -[x] Stewardship:
    --[x] Lily Evans has come to you asking for funding. She's surprisingly cagey about why she wants it, but she's proven to be a level headed woman most of the time.
    ---[x] Accept
    ----[x] 10 000G
    --[x] Develop your budding empire, you need to spend gold to earn more gold, after all. Costs 10 000 G. Gains variable.
    -[x] Martial:
    --[x] Find yourself a Security Chief (Martial adviser). You need all the help. 5000G
    -[x] Intrigue:
    --[x] Compulsive plotting is also good for the morale!
    ---[x] Go on a matchmaking spree. Chance to increase Diplomacy, gain RP with some people, reputation.
    --[x] Plots are good for your purse! With all those people dying left and right...
    ---[x] Plot to take over shops in the Green Alley (Wales, Cardiff)
    -[x] Learning:
    --[x] Translate books. Knowledge is always useful.
    ---[x]Dragon nest plans [Takes 1 session] (reduced because you have a live dragon to experiment with)
    --[x] On the other hand, you could also brush up your management skills...(due to owning ??? Anchor , this will cause the emergence of some skills.)
    ---[x] Everyone has a price! Bribing Diplomacy is an important skill after all...
    -[x] Mysticism:
    --[x] Rampart: Step one (must complete all of those to unlock step 2)
    ---[x] Investigate the ??? Anchor
    -[x] Personal:
    --[x] Spend time with:
    ---[x] Scáthach. She is your heiress and granddaughter, even if she isn't really interested in your plots yet, she seems like a normal enough child, so you should pay attention to her, right? (+3 RP, SL unlocked)
    ---[x] Lily. Your old apprentice is up to something, you want to make sure this won't get out of hand. (+2 RP, SL Revealed)
    --[x] Personal supervision. Supervise an action from the other sections. Gain +10 to rolls if Martial, Stewardship or Diplomacy action, +20 if Leaning or Mysticism action, +30 if Intrigue action. (May be used multiple times, but not on the same actions.)
    ---[x] Lily Evans has come to you asking for funding.

-[x] Rumor Mill:

[X] You wonder what happened, it seems some investigation will be necessary.

Rolled 45 + 5 = 50.

Of course, as with any investigations, one needed to figure out the good questions. 'When' was obvious, after all, since it was on the day of Alice Longbottom's burial, the mourning husband chose to lash out at Dumbledore.

'Why' was a little trickier, after all, but in the end, it came to the fact that Alice was a member of the Order. According to his contacts, there was a confrontation between the Order and Voldemort on the day he decided to go dragon hunting, and over a dozen people 'disappeared', leaving Aife and Dumbledore himself wounded. Alice was among those numbers.

However, Frank Longbottom's mysterious disappearance was different, since all of his assets were frozen, and he took his family with him, meaning that he went away of his own volition, which was a tad different from all of those families, who were taken unwillingly, considering all the traces of combat. In other words, Frank knew what was going on and decided to be proactive about it. Tough, that didn't particularly help Dace, since that would only agitate the terrorist into a frenzy and make things more difficult for everyone involved.

It took him weeks, but in the end, he managed to find them, and not a minute too late either...

October 31st

It was a cloudy night in Kirkwall, Scotland, when Dace arrived at the last place his informants managed to get a tracker on the Longbottom tribe. Though, considering the flashes he saw coming from the windows of the dingy hotel, he came late. A massive shockwave blew up the windows and made him stagger, raising hastily a shield to protect himself from the falling glass. Then, there was no more noise, meaning everybody was probably dead at this point, which was safe enough.

Putting himself under a disillusion spell, he walked in quietly, cautiously making sure he didn't step on enything, which was harder than it may look, because the inside of the building was savaged and strewn with corpses, not all of them human. That was concerning, because he was fairly sure he just saw the charred remains of an inferius, which meant the terrorist got too impatient to play by the rules...

He slowly climbed up the stairs, wand at the ready, saw that one door had been blasted away, wooden splinters laying uselessly to the ground and decided to enter himself, to be met with a strange spectacle.

Right in front of him were a black robe, a pile of ash and a wand. On his right was the corpse of a man, blond and solidly built, wand in his fist. On his left was an elder woman, wheezing worryingly, gripping a crib and lastly, there was a blond toddler screaming his lungs out in said crib, ignoring everything else in the room.
    Deciding not approaching the woman was a good idea, he cleared his throat, narrowly dodging a blasting hex.

"Why, good evening to you too, Augusta." He started out sardonically, rolling his eyes at how high strung she was, before remembering that the woman was injured and likely dying. "The aurors have received an anonymous tip something was up here. Do you need any help?"

The woman half sat half laid on the ground and looked at him with a calculating expression.

"Well, too bad, I'm not a healer and I didn't really come expecting it. I suppose, however, that Dumbledore will come here first, considering he had a month to heal, or send my dearest daughter and her little gang of hooligans. His having a phoenix should allow you to survive." He continued as if she had asked, eliciting a snort, then pained cough from her, and he saw a black liquid coming out from her mouth. She shook her head and put her wand to her temple, letting a silvery strand follow the tip as she removed it. Understanding what she was thinking about, he got an empty flask and gathered the silvery not-a-liquid inside, before corking it and storing it away. Then, with a graceful hand move, she signalled for him to go.

That was strange, he thought once back at his manor, staring at his family's pensieve, before getting up, emptying the flask in it and dunking his head through the reflective surface. Then, several minutes later, he got out and groaned.

A prophecy. Great.

[Dace is now aware of the prophecy given by Sybil Trelawney]

Now he needed to know what he wanted to do about it...
    []Nope. Not touching those things with a ten feet pole.
    []Manbe he could leverage some of this somehow?
    []Get involved directly.

November 1st

-[x] Mysticism:
    --[x] Rampart: Step one (must complete all of those to unlock step 2)
    ---[x] Investigate the ??? Anchor

Rolled 95+5 = 100

After last month's 'excitement' Dace decided it was a good idea to make sure the mysterious but obviously magical item found in the ruined city guarded by dragons wouldn't blow his house up if he sneezed at if the wrong way, and thus decided to do some research.

As always, his family's knowledge delivered and at the end of the first week, he found some interesting facts. The item in his hands, this anchor, was designed to gather mana, convert it and soak up an area with it, lending strange properties to the land. The one in his hand was supposed to imbue uge swathes of langs with [Nature] typed energy, that allow several types of creatures to thrive, which explained the bowtruckle invasion.

This in itself wouldn't be usable, but there were hints that the Overlord's vaunted Tower was in fact alimented by one of those anchors. There were a grand total of five different types: [Order], [Chaos],[Life],[Death] and [Nature], each linked to different types of Strongholds , that were used during the Era of Conflict.

However, Dace was no optimist: if he found one of them, he could be sure that others did too, meaning the the Era of Conflict could yet reappear, but at the very least, he was fairly certain he had some sort of advantage over the others in that he had a book on how those Strongholds worked.

All he needed now would be to find a place to use this and to smuggle his very illegal dragons there. With last month's excitement, he completely forgot that he needed to take care of that.

[Dace now knows about the Stronghold types and creatures, will actively seek out components, increased possibility of related events]

November 24th

Of course, him taking anything resembling a vacation meant that everything had to go to hell when he turned his back. He had to learn from the newspaper that Dumbledore discovered an ancient artefact, a gate, that was linked to the one they usually used to dump their criminals in, and was a stable, permanent way of transportation.

Except those gates were hijacked by someone, and now strange creatures were appearing in London, causing widespread panic. Apparently the muggles believed them to be failed experiments, but Dace knew better, having spent half a month reading about them.

They were bipedal, and walked slowly. Their backs were hunched, as if they were more at ease with running on all fours or digging tunnels. Both their hands and legs had three claws, and they wielded simple spears. They were brown, save for an eye-less green head, their giant mouths filled with tickedly sharp teeth. People had taken to calling them mole men, but Dace had another name for them.

Troglodytes. The footsoldiers of the Dungeon.

And when you speak of dungeons, you think of Overlords.

This worried Dace as he realized he may not have as much time as he initially thought.

[The Overlord has begun scouting the area near London. The Statute of Secrecy is severely endangered]

December 3rd

-[x] Stewardship:
    --[x] Lily Evans has come to you asking for funding. She's surprisingly cagey about why she wants it, but she's proven to be a level headed woman most of the time.
    ---[x] Accept
    ----[x] 10 000G
    -[x] Personal:
    --[x] Spend time with:
    ---[x] Lily. Your old apprentice is up to something, you want to make sure this won't get out of hand. (+2 RP, SL Revealed)
    --[x] Personal supervision. Supervise an action from the other sections. Gain +10 to rolls if Martial, Stewardship or Diplomacy action, +20 if Leaning or Mysticism action, +30 if Intrigue action. (May be used multiple times, but not on the same actions.)
    ---[x] Lily Evans has come to you asking for funding.
    Rolls: 41+5+10 =56

As the Ministries all around the globe were running in circles playing the blame game, and the death eaters were being tried following the fall of Voldemort, Dace was reading his registers, before a knocking sound made him look up, calling for whoever was coming to enter.

"Good Evening, Lily."

The redheaded young woman looked at him from gehind her square glasses, hair gathered in a tight bun and wearing a plain brown robe. Hm, this may be rather important, if the girl was bothering with formalities.

"Let's avoid the pleasantries, shall we? So, " he began, steepling his fingers together. " What brings my wayward apprentice to me today?"

Lily reached within her bag and showed him a file with a picture ot the troglodyte on the front and prepared herself to speak out when he chuckled in an amused fashion. Now her moves made sense.

"I was wondering whan anyone else was going to notice. I gather you're intending to take the fight to the Overlord instead, little miss Order?"

Her gobsmacked expression was revealing enough and he reached under his desk, throwing a bag full of galleons.

"Imagine my surprise when one of my previous projects approached me with a request for funding and came back with something that wasn't supposed to be in this world anymore. Then, after a bit of research, I learned those things went by five. Considering your own history and recent events, it isn't such a leap of logic that you would be aiming for the one thing that can endanger them the most."

"Which one was it?" She asked at Dace warily, and the man hemmed for a bit, before deciding this information was harmless enough to reveal.

"Nature. You'll understand that, as I won't reveal your identity to them, I cannot do so for you either."

The woman frowned but nodded and took the gold with her, before turning around and beginning to leave.

"Not even going to ask me to contact them for an alliance?" Dace called out curiously, which made the woman stop as she was putting a hand on the door's handle.

"I... Not now. Not before I can stand on my own two legs without needing help." She answered, before opening the door and going out. The girl's hero complex will be the death of her, he mused.

Will he need to do something about it?

[] Yes, the fiery redhead has poor impulse control and a grudge.
    [] No, she can handle herself, you've got your own problems to worry about.

[Lily Evans embarked on a quest to seek the Order Anchor, +2 RP, SL revealed.]

January 1st 1982

-[x] Personal:
    --[x] Spend time with:
    ---[x] Scáthach. She is your heiress and granddaughter, even if she isn't really interested in your plots yet, she seems like a normal enough child, so you should pay attention to her, right? (+3 RP, SL unlocked)

Rolled: 74+5 : 79

Part of Dace's failure as a father was that he didn't involve himself in his daughter's life. Therefore, doing the opposite should do the trick. That was how he found himself reading a book on potions, his granddaughter sitting on his knees while Hassan was sprawled in front of the fire in their living room, his tongue lolling in extacy.

"Uu." The girl pointed at a strangely drawn item.

"That's a Unicorn's horn." Dace explained, while the girl tilted her head and pointed at another.

"That's a dragon's heartstring."

"Uu?" Was her inquisitive answer.

"Once a dragon dies, potioneers harvest their bodies and turn them into ingredients.

"Uu!" She brandished her plushie while pointing at a small stone.

"Yes, a bezoard comes from cutting a goat open and extracting the stone from their stomachs."

The girl had a distinctively disturbed expression as she squeezed the plushie to her chest protectively, making the man snort.

"Worry not, I promise we won't turn Amalthea into potion ingredients anytime soon."

The girl puffed her cheeks, before yawning and cuddling into the adult's chest. It was her nap time, he reminded himself. While the girl was currently between two and three years of age physically, she wasn't even a year old in reality, so her not being able to speak yet wasn't really concerning. Still, he had more work to do, and called a maid to bring the child to her room to rest.

[Scáthach doesn't think of you as a stranger anymore and will have an easier time learning potions, +3 RP, SL unlocked]

February 10th

-[x] Martial:
    --[x] Find yourself a Security Chief (Martial adviser). You need all the help. 5000G

Rolled 24 + 5 = 29

You didn't find anybody, the activity at the ministry made it so anyone competent enough was already occupied. This was upsetting considering the resources sunk into the project. Oh well, better luck next time.

[Failure! +20 to next roll for martial adviser.]

March 23rd

-[x] Intrigue:
    --[x] Compulsive plotting is also good for the morale!
    ---[x] Go on a matchmaking spree. Chance to increase Diplomacy, gain RP with some people, reputation.

Rolled: 46+5 = 51

Perhaps it was the context, perhaps the people. In any case, less people are marrying, love isn't in the air, and Dace is getting looks again.

At least, he's been invited to Danny and Sarah's wedding! He loved eating wedding cakes, they taste like success. Now that he thought about it, Rita wrote to him about the interview. Apparently, she managed to find interesting facts...

[] Tell her about the wedding
    [] Let her do as she pleases

-[x] Diplomacy:
    --[x] Have a nice brunch with Lucius. He's young and eager to please and surprisingly easy to influence for somebody so brilliant when it comes to money. Sure, he's working for Voldemort too, and will probably spy on you, but there are signs that his loyalty is less... Ironclad than one may think.

Rolled: 18+5 = 23

Lucius is a bit busy being tried for being a death eater right now. He appreciates the sentiment though. +2 RP

[Dace will get to eat cake.]

April 30th

-[x] Intrigue:
    --[x] Plots are good for your purse! With all those people dying left and right...
    ---[x] Plot to take over shops in the Green Alley (Wales, Cardiff)
    -[x] Stewardship:
    --[x] Develop your budding empire, you need to spend gold to earn more gold, after all. Costs 10 000 G. Gains variable.

Rolls: 97 + 5 =102

It seems the panic from England spread towards Wales, despite the government's best efforts. That, and the fact that Death Munchers were getting arrested in droves caused the emergence of lots of businesses up for grabs. Of course, Lucius having been proven innocent, he was busy aggressively taking over England, however, Dace was free to do as he pleased in Wales and Cornwall...

Greenfire (Floo powder producers since 1930): + 10 000 Galleons/ Turn
    --200 Employees payed 500 G/m on average
    Medjica (Healing salves and potions): + 10 000 Galleons/turn
    --150 Employees paid 750 G/m on average

Yet, it seems like he misjudged the amount of money necessary and had some leftover...

(Due to Dace's wish to stockpile resources for the Rampart, those Galleon generating businesses produce materials instead.)

[] Buy 'Dorf's Stonemasons': +24 Stone, +12/ turn
    [] Buy 'Woodie's': +24 Wood , +12/ turn
    [] Buy 'Gemma's Jewels': +12 Crystals, +12 Gems, +6/turn
    [] Buy 'George's Inferno': +12 Mercury, +12 Sulfur, +6/turn

[Dace is advancing his master plan to corner the Welsh economy as well as ensuring his own autonomy.]

May 12th

-[x] Learning:
    --[x] On the other hand, you could also brush up your management skills...(due to owning ??? Anchor , this will cause the emergence of some skills.)
    ---[x] Everyone has a price! Bribing Diplomacy is an important skill after all...
    -[x] Learning:
    --[x] Translate books. Knowledge is always useful.
    ---[x]Dragon nest plans [Takes 1 session] (reduced because you have a live dragon to experiment with)

Rolls:
    75+5=80

Spring was in full bloom, and Dace decided it was warm enough to get out of his cave to do something productive instead. Like working on how he would extort people better. With dragons. They usually made up for a compelling argument, even if he owned them illegally.

37+5=42

Well, that was the plan, however, along the way, Dace got lost in the perilous world of legalese. In the end, he'd like to think he got better with his diplomacy, but he hasn't advanced a bit with dragons.

[Diplomacy skill acquired, no dragon taming yet.]

June 25th

-[x] Diplomacy:
    --[x] Attend Academy graduation. You are, after all, the owner, founder and the one who funds the Gwallawg Academy of Superior Learning, located in Cardiff. This will increase your chance of people with exceptional potential stepping up next year, such as Oliver and Miss Evans.

Rolled: 90 + 5 = 95

Surprisingly enough, Dace has been asked to speak in front of the students, since for once he bothered to come. Not willing to make a fool of himself, he accepted and gave out a speech about hope for the future, change and all that.
    What was really amusing however, was that quite a lot of youngsters picked up on his double meanings. Next year's recruitment was bound to be interesting, if nothing else...

+20 to GASL unit production roll next turn.

That part was long, and I had to move from my apartment since the year is over, so my apologies if this is a bit late.

26. shanagan

[x] Plan: Good apprentices are not redshirts, even Gryffindors
    -[x] Maybe he could leverage some of this somehow?
    -[x] Yes, the fiery redhead has poor impulse control and a grudge.
    -[x] Tell her about the wedding
    -[x] Buy 'Gemma's Jewels': +12 Crystals, +12 Gems, +6/turn

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  27. Minion #Q

Minion #Q Well worn.

[X] Plan ?
    [X]Maybe he could leverage some of this somehow?
    [X] Yes, the fiery redhead has poor impulse control and a grudge.
    [X] Tell her about the wedding
    [X] Buy 'George's Inferno': +12 Mercury, +12 Sulfur, +6/turn

28. Blonddude42

Blonddude42 Experienced.

Huh. Why was this kept on the SFW side? To avoid attention?

Just curious since I see tons of SFW quests on the NSFW side just because that's where all the traffic on QQ is.

[X] Plan ?

29. Nicaea

Because SFW is where it should be?

Mostly because this is my first time questing and this seemed like a good place to 'wet my toes' in.

Though, I may have gotten those wrong, but I don't know if I can move it at this point.

30. Minion #Q

Minion #Q Well worn.

You can ask a mod to move it if you decide that you want to add lewd or adult content. However if it is a sfw quest then yes it does belong here.