1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Commercial Break (Worm / Slut Life) (Borderline SFW)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Jonakhensu, Apr 8, 2018.

?

Should I post 2.9 a week early or keep to the normal schedule? 2.10 will be on 11/13 regardless.

Poll closed Oct 23, 2018.
  1. Yes, post 2.9 on 10/23

13 vote(s)
    48.1%
  2. No, wait until 10/30

14 vote(s)
    51.9%
  1. Jonakhensu

Jonakhensu I trust you know where the happy button is?

Going to spoiler this for length again.
    Velma Platt was the Cutie, specifically the only one who wasn't scared off by the insects, as she grew up on Beelzejaab, a planet heavily based on the Millipede Planet in Millipede Season. She actually likes being covered in bugs.

The Magical Girl owner isn't available on the interactive CYOA, so she wasn't an option for an owner. As for anyone else... only the Cutie and the Mad Scientists have been locked in. Anyone else getting selected would depend on how many credits she'll need to make up.

The way I look at it, there's a spectrum of psychic abilities. Natural Psychics have a much greater range of abilities and strengths than created telepaths do. While created telepaths can range from only being able to send thoughts to others to being able to read thoughts and minor telekinesis, natural psychics can do a lot more.

It is a very individualistic thing, with some being better at certain things than others. One thing the psychics on the show have is the ability to create complex mental simulations and then impose them onto other people.

Also, keep in mind that this is a multiverse, so the likes of Jean Grey, Charles Xavier, Mob, and Tatsumaki exist somewhere, even if they don’t participate in the show often, if at all.

She might, assuming there's any psychic trace to discover. It was a magical ability and accomplished nothing more than tapping into Taylor's senses. It would also probably take a deeper scan to discover than Taylor would be comfortable having someone she doesn't know perform, especially when Taylor has no reason to suspect wrongdoing.

It's surprisingly hard to find something minor that you don't know you should be looking for.

That she is.

Alayne, TheWave and Ack like this.
  2. VKing

VKing Not too sore, are you?

Any chance of getting a link to your modified version?

3. D'znn-Xy'lll MetaChthonia

D'znn-Xy'lll MetaChthonia ⌈META⌋

...forgot the Cutie was someone there, would have guessed her instead of the Magical Girl, still hope she gets the Hugable Futa as a Roommate as well. Also I was assuming it was based off this one location in the Real World (I forget where exactly, saw it on Animal Planet close to a decade ago) where it sounds like it's constantly raining but in actuality it's the insects falling from the trees due to just how many of them there are, the ground is just seething with them.

Rakizael, january1may and Ack like this.
  4. Jonakhensu

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to ask...

Here's the link to the CYOA I've been modifying. It is very much still a work in progress, and I am open to suggestions (but not demands) for how to make it better or get rid of any of the stupider loopholes. To that end, people can comment, and there is a link to google doc where you can leave suggestions for entire new entries.

TheWave and Ack like this.
  5. january1may

january1may Versed in the lewd.

Accidentally forgot to post my reply...
    ...that's a bit ironic, considering the Lung fight...

(Though admittedly Lung isn't quite as powerful as some of those dragons, at least in the form that he had while fighting Skitter.)

Ack likes this.
  6. Darkarma

Darkarma Loli Ōtsutsuki

Velma is the Cutie.

Don't think we've seen the person who will be doing the Magical girl mentorship yet unless its the two who will be getting Taylor her magic.

Ack likes this.
  7. D'znn-Xy'lll MetaChthonia

D'znn-Xy'lll MetaChthonia ⌈META⌋

The question was already answered by the Author...

january1may likes this.
  8. Darkarma

Darkarma Loli Ōtsutsuki

Sorry didn't notice it then.

january1may and Ack like this.
  9. Threadmarks: Recruitment 1.10
    Jonakhensu

Recruitment 1.10

Cindy looked Taylor over before asking, “Ready to get into the punishments? Fair warning, some of them are pretty out there and disturbing.”

“I guess,” Taylor replied with a shrug. “It’s not like I have much of a choice long term, right?”

“Unfortunately,” Cindy agreed. “Punishments are an important way to pay for what you want to get out of the contract, and you’re going to need quite a few of them if you don’t want to have any more owners.”

“If you say so,” Taylor grudgingly agreed. “What can I choose from?”

“The first option is the Meet and Greet,” Cindy began. “Twice a year, you’ll go on tour for a week and meet your fans. It’s great for ratings and public relations, which is always good. Of course, it’s not really much of a punishment, especially as it also keeps you from your owners for those weeks, or at least it keeps you from being ordered around by them without additional punishments being involved, so it doesn’t give you any credits.”

Taylor looked at the option suspiciously. “That sounds reasonable,” she allowed. “A little too reasonable. What’s the catch?”

“It does have a sub-option,” Cindy admitted. “If you take it, there’ll be a raffle you’ll be required to service the lucky fan who wins. It is a random drawing, so you can’t tell for sure what you’ll be dealing with, but it’s not too bad. Usually the most you’ll have to do is give the winner a blowjob or something simple like that.”

“That doesn’t sound simple at all!” Taylor protested.

“The tours typically happen about half way through the show and near the very end,” Cindy added, “so you’d have plenty of time to learn how before you’d be expected to actually do anything.”

“It still doesn’t sound like a good idea,” Taylor continued with a huff.

“It’s actually one of the lightest punishments you can get,” Cindy countered. “Over the course your entire show, you’ll only need to service the two fans who win the raffle, and, for that, you’ll get five credits. It’s basically a steal, really.”

“If you say so,” Taylor agreed dubiously.

“Eh, you’ll see once we get into some of the other punishments,” Cindy said. “I don’t know who decided the pay scale on anything, but I can’t make sense of why any one thing costs more, less, or the same as any other thing. Most of the punishments are daily, or at least weekly, events.”

“I’ll keep that in mind,” Taylor replied dryly. “What’s next?”

“Next up is a daily enema, for one credit,” Cindy said.

Taylor blinked. “Isn’t that when they fill your butt with water?” she asked incredulously.

“Basically,” Cindy agreed, “though there are options for using semen instead, or a banana smoothie type mix, or to make you hold it for three hours, instead of being done in ten minutes or so.” Checking a few of the options quickly, she added, “The most you can get for doing this is seven credits, and, if I’m reading this right, would involve back to back enemas and would take over four hours to complete.”

“Ick,” Taylor opined with a disgusted grimace. “I think I’ll pass on all of that. I definitely see what you mean about the pricing not making any sense.”

“They really don’t,” Cindy agreed. “Also, I should point out that, since you’re taking Optimized Digestion D, any enemas you do would be purely a matter of discomfort, as you won’t have any feces to deal with.”

“Still not interested,” Taylor said firmly.

“That’s definitely your prerogative. I take it I might as well skip the diapers?” Cindy asked. “I’d ask about the diuretics and laxatives, but those won’t actually work on you, so you can’t actually choose them without forgoing the optimized digestion packages.”

“Yes, definitely skip those.”

“Alright,” Cindy continued, “Next up we have a glory hole, where you would be presented with a cock through a hole in your wall every morning and would be required to service it. This would get you two credits. For an extra credit, you can be required to swallow.”

“That doesn’t sound very fun,” Taylor noted.

“It can be,” Cindy refuted with a grin, “Especially if you pair it with Cum Connoisseur or Cum Addiction. At that point, it’s basically a special treat.” She sighed in remembrance, adding “Good times, good times.”

“I’m still not interested,” Taylor insisted.

Cindy shrugged. “Fair enough, it’s definitely not for everyone, especially if you haven’t gotten rid of your gag reflex. That said, I highly recommend taking that modification. It makes things so much smoother, though some people enjoy having girls gag on their cocks. Most of those people are jerks, though.”

“I’ll keep it in mind,” Taylor promised.

“That’s all I ask.” Looking at the screen, Cindy continued, “I don’t think you’ll be interested in the next option, either. It’s basically a form of light humiliation where you allow anyone who has sex with you or otherwise uses you to write on you with a permanent marker.”

There was a noticeable increase in insect noises in the room. “I’m pretty sure I’d swarm anyone who tried that,” Taylor admitted. “It sounds far too much like bullying.”

Cindy nodded, “I figured as much.” She waited a few minutes until the noise diminished as Taylor calmed down before continuing, “Next up is good old spanking.”

“Spanking?” Taylor asked. “What do you mean?”

“I mean exactly what I said,” Cindy replied. “There’s three levels and can net you between two and six credits. Honestly, I’d recommend taking the first level at minimum. Basically, you’d only be spanked when your ratings drop to far, so it’s entirely possible that it’ll never happen, and even then, it’s not very intense. Just a minute or two of having your ass tanned. It takes less than an hour to fully recover with the Repair Bots.”

Taylor quirked an eyebrow and asked, “And who decides if my ratings are bad enough to deserve a spanking?”

“The Nielsen Company tracks the ratings and provides recommendations,” Cindy explained. “It’s mostly done through an algorithm, so there’s very little room for someone to set you up for an unwarranted spanking. As for the other options, one has you getting daily spankings for ten minutes, and the other extends that time to an hour.”

“Why would anyone sign up for that?” Taylor asked.

“Well, the masochism mods help,” Cindy noted. “It can be quite exciting. I took the first option when I was a contestant, and I think I only got spanked something like four times a year.”

“It still causes real damage, though, doesn’t it?” Taylor asked.

“Sure,” Cindy agreed, “but that’s what the repair bots are for. The times my ratings dropped low enough, I was fine less than an hour later. I suspect the longer spankings would take longer to heal, but I doubt they’d be that bad.”

“I guess that makes sense,” Taylor reluctantly agreed. “I’m not sure I’d be able to put up with it, though. At least not daily. I guess you can put me down for the rating based one, it doesn’t sound so bad..”

“Got it,” Cindy said with a sudden smirk as she made a note. “The beatings will continue until ratings improve.”

Taylor groaned. “How often do you use that joke?”

“As often as I can; it’s a classic,” Cindy said defensively. “Anyway, for you, the next punishment would amount to being handed a glass of semen to drink.”

“Bleck, I’ll pass.”

“Are you sure?” Cindy asked. “It’s a fairly easy three credits.”

“I’m sure,” Taylor said resolutely. “What’s next?”

Scrolling down, Cindy considered for a moment and said, “Somehow I presume you aren’t interested in bathing in a literal bathtub of semen once a week.”

“You presume correctly,” Taylor agreed. “How many of these punishments are just disgusting?”

Cindy quickly scrolled down the screen and back up before replying, “I think we’ve covered all of the really bad ones, at least for anyone who hasn’t taken Cum Connoisseur. Anyway, the next one we haven’t already covered is a gag. It starts with a simple ball gag at two credits, but if you opt for an inflatable dildo instead, you can get a full nine credits. Not too shabby. Of course, you really should be a telepath to take this option, or you’ll have a hard time communicating at times. Then again, you can probably figure something out with your bugs to compensate.”

Taylor thought for a moment. She had been making quite a lot of progress with her crickets, and she thought she might be able to figure something more complex out with a bit more practice and more bugs, but to not be able to talk for a full year? “I’ll think about it,” she decided. “I’m not really interested, but doesn’t sound as bad as some of the other options.”

“That’s the spirit,” Cindy cheered. “Next up are three clothing restrictions, with each being worth three credits apiece. It’s a pretty good deal, especially if you have perfect homeostasis.”

“Why would clothing restrictions need that?” Taylor asked, bewildered.

“Most people prefer to not get frostbite on their nipples or crotch,” Cindy replied dryly. “Granted, the medical care we provide would take care of it, but it still wouldn’t be much fun, even with the masochism mods. The other restriction is a requirement for a corset, which can be a problem when you’re dealing with larger partners.”

“Like Smaug?” Taylor asked.

“Like Smaug,” Cindy confirmed. “Even with the stretchiest holes, you’re still full of organs that want to go somewhere, and corsets tend to get in the way of that. Even if it isn’t necessarily harmful, I can’t see it being comfortable.”

“Yeah, I think I’ll pass on that,” Taylor decided. “And on those other two options, as well.”

Cindy nodded. “Yeah, they definitely aren’t for everyone. Moving on,” she continued, “we have a butt plug. Since you’ll always be clean down there, it’s mostly just a source of stimulation. It’ll get you five credits.”

“That doesn’t sound too bad,” Taylor mused.

“And,” Cindy added, “you can get an extra ten credits by adding an inflatable dildo and having it all attached to latex underwear. If that’s not enough, you can get another ten or fifteen credits for having mechanical underwear, which will fuck all your holes, with an option to give the controls to your viewers.”

“Why would I want either of those things?” Taylor asked in shock.

“Viewer participation has been shown to increase ratings,” Cindy replied. “And it does have a pretty good payout. So, interested at all?”

“I could probably handle the latex underwear,” Taylor said a little dubiously, “but I’m not comfortable with anything mechanical. And I definitely don’t trust people on the internet.”

“Yeah… I can definitely agree there,” Cindy agreed. “Pro tip: if you have an AI, have it filter your messages, social media, and forum use. You’ll be grateful to not see some of what gets written there. And as for giving your viewers control… let’s just say I’m glad my AI could override things.”

“I’m definitely not going with the viewer controlled mechanical underwear, then.” Taylor thought for a moment and said, “Add the latex underwear option to the maybe list.”

“Will do,” Cindy replied cheerfully. “I don’t think you’ll regret it. It’s a lot of fun. Next we have vibrators, which you’ll be required to wear at all times. Your owners will, naturally, have a remote. You can also double the reward by having them basically everywhere, and double it again by having the science guys implant some experimental nano-material in all your erogenous zones.”

“I could see using vibrators everywhere,” Taylor said, “But I don’t like the sound of having something like that implanted in me.”

“It’s a lot of fun and can let you pull off some interesting party tricks,” Cindy noted. “Here, give me your hand a moment.”

Taylor took the offered hand before yelping in shock. “What was that?” she demanded.

“That would be the vibrating nanomaterial in my hands,” Cindy explained. “They haven’t worked out all the bugs yet, so sometimes they start up on their own. Still, they can be a lot of fun, for both you and your partners.”

“I’ll pass,” Taylor said resolutely. “If they can just turn on on their own, that could be a problem when I’m in the middle of a fight or something.”

“Good point,” Cindy conceded. “So, want to just add the vibrators to the list? It’s a lot easier to get used to a steady vibration than it is to get used to random ones.”

“The maybe list, please,” Taylor replied.

Cindy made a note before saying, “And next up, we have urethral play. Since you also chose the Optimized Digestion U option, it basically boils down to more stimulation, for a decent five credits. Of course, you wouldn’t be able to get the catheter option, but that’s one of those ones I don’t think you’d enjoy, anyway.”

Taylor nodded in agreement. “That sounds doable. Add it to the maybe list.”

“Alright,” Cindy replied, making the notation. “I can’t see you going for mental manipulation, so we’ll skip that for now.” Taylor’s deadpan look readily revealed her feelings on that option. “And move on to high heels.”

“I’ve never worn heels in my life,” Taylor admitted.

“Hmm,” Cindy mused, “that would lead to some hilarious video, but tripping while fighting is a good way to die when you’re a magical girl… It’s only worth five credits, so I’d skip it if I were you. Besides, without reinforcing your tendons, it could get pretty painful after a while, and they aren’t giving you that option.”

“Definitely skipping it,” Taylor agreed, shuddering at the thought of both trying to fight in unfamiliar shoes and the pain wearing heels all the time would cause. “What’s next?”

“Next up is another option I don’t think you’d be interested in,” Cindy replied. “For another five credits, we can make you a cum addict. Yes, that is exactly what it sounds like, including the withdrawal symptoms.”

“Nope,” Taylor said firmly. “Not interested.”

“I didn’t think you would be. Next up is a music hijack.” Cindy continued, “Your owners, or your viewers, control what you can listen to.”

“That doesn’t sound too bad,” Taylor admitted.

“You don’t listen to much music, do you?” Cindy asked with a smile.

“Not really, no,” Taylor admitted.

“In that case, it might be fine,” Cindy agreed. “Of course, that’s assuming they don’t decide silence counting as listening to something and forcing the issue.” She paused for a minute and added, “It would also make it more difficult to find reference material for practicing with your bugs, if you’re interested in trying to have them make music. Or trying to learn how to hear through your insects.”

“That’s a good point,” Taylor said. “Let’s put it on the maybe list. It’s probably not something I want to deal with, but it doesn’t sound too horrible.”

“Will do,” Cindy replied. “The next thing on the list is some good old fashioned public humiliation. Basically, we strip you down and put you on display for four hours once a week.”

Taylor cocked her head in thought. “And the people looking on? Can they do anything to the people on display? It sounds an awful lot like bullying again.”

“Nope,” Cindy replied. “It’s purely a look and don’t touch situation. Sure, some people will be jerks, but we also tend to have enough people going through it at once that it isn’t too bad for any single individual. It’s also worth eight credits.”

“That’s pretty good and isn’t too terrible,” Taylor mused. “And I’ll have a swarm if anything untoward happens… add it to the maybe list for now, please.”

“Right,” Cindy said. “Next up is the wooden horse.”

“The what?” Taylor asked.

“It’s when...” Cindy began before trailing off. “You know what, never mind. I’m just going to show you a few pictures.” Suiting actions to words, she pulled up a few images.

“That doesn’t look fun at all,” Taylor noted, looking at pictures with a hint of trepidation.

“That’s what masochist mods and repair bots are for,” Cindy replied. “Anyway, there’s two options. You can either sit on one for four hours a week or we can replace all your chairs with them, and you’ll be required to use them whenever possible.”

Taylor sighed. “Add the first option to the maybe list, I guess.”

“It’s not all as bad as you probably think it is, or so I’m told,” Cindy commented as she marked down the option. “I mean, yeah, it’ll hurt, but it’s only four hours a week. The chair option sounds much more annoying to deal with.” Scrolling down on the screen slightly, she continued, “And your next option is getting a corset piercing every week. It’s a bit weird, but was also kind of fun the few times I tried it. It’s pretty much a steal at eight credits, especially as the repair bots will take care of any issues.” Seeing the lost look on Taylor’s face, she pulled up an image. “They basically make a bunch of parallel piercings and lace them together,” she explained.

“That looks pretty,” Taylor noted, “but it doesn’t look very practical.”

“That’s why it’s only done for four hours,” Cindy said. “So, interested?”

“A little,” Taylor admitted. “Add it to the maybe list, please?”

“Sure, will do.” Pulling the contract screen back up, she continued, “And next up is a water tank. You’d be sealed inside for four hours, but we’ll also give you gills, so it’s not too bad.”

“Yes,” Taylor said.

“Excuse me?”

“Yes, sign me up,” Taylor repeated. “I want gills.”

“Okay,” Cindy said uncertainty. “Any reason why?”

“I live on the coast and Leviathan exists,” Taylor said simply. “Being able to breath water sounds like a good survival strategy. Sure, it won’t stop Leviathan from killing me if he wants to, but it’ll help if I’m just knocked unconscious and floating face down or something.”

“Not living on the coast sounds like a much better plan,” Cindy opined.

Taylor shrugged. “It’s not like anywhere else is much safer, what with Behemoth and the Simurgh.”

“Another planet would be,” Cindy noted.

“Sure, but that wouldn’t be home,” Taylor said with a shrug. “Besides, aren’t you trying to recruit me as a recruiter or something?”

“Good point, forget everything I just said,” Cindy joked with a smirk. “Anyway, the next option is sensory deprivation, which probably won’t really matter to you, what with the bugs, unless we go to the small quarters variant and… are you all right?”

Taylor was pale and shivering at the thought. “No small spaces, please. Too much like the locker.”

“Ah, right,” Cindy said, hurriedly giving Taylor a hug. “Don’t worry, you won’t need to use that option. Plenty of other choices.” After a moment, she added, “Hey, we’re about half done with the punishments. Do you want to take a break?”

Taylor shook her head and forced herself to calm down. “No, no. I’ll be alright. I’ve got to get over it sometime.”

“Possibly, but that time doesn’t need to be now,” Cindy said. “Our advanced medical services include psychological help for a reason. I’d suggest making use of it; it’ll help.”

“Can we just move on?” Taylor asked.

“Sure. Next we can inject you with nanobots,” Cindy began before being interrupted.

“Aren’t you already going to be giving me those?” Taylor asked.

“Well, yes,” Cindy admitted. “I suppose it would be more accurate to say that your nanobots would also be programmed to fix your hymen each night. Unless you’re hard up for ten credits or you have a virginity fetish, it’s probably more hassle than it’s worth.”

“How does that work if you also have the double dildo underwear?” Taylor asked.

Cindy blinked. “You know, that’s a really good question, and I don’t know the answer. Do you want me to ask for you?”

“Not really,” Taylor denied with a shake of her head. “I’m mostly just curious.”

“Fair enough,” Cindy replied. “Moving on, we get to a curse that will almost guarantee you get sexual nightmares. It’s good for ten credits, but I’m not sure the disturbed sleep is worth it.”

“Probably not,” Taylor agreed. “At least it’s better than some of the other punishments.”

“There is that,” Cindy replied. “Anyway, the next one is a fun one. Breast expansion.” She hit the graphic, allowing it to play out, with the portrayed girl’s breasts expanding from a small A-cup to something large enough to interfere with movement. “Your owners would be able to set your breast size at will, from your default minimum size up to… well, there isn’t really a limit,” she explained. “You can also give control to your viewers or leave it up to random chance for additional credits. It’s also one of the few punishments where you can purchase an option to control it yourself as well.”

“That sounds like it could be fun,” Taylor said, eyes glued to the still playing graphic. “I think I’d be willing to take it if only the owners and I had control.”

“We can do that,” Cindy agreed, making the notation. Looking down at her own fairly modest chest, she added, “Playing with big boobs can be fun, but it’s not really practical, especially for a magical girl or a superhero. Having a remote for them is a happy compromise.” Scrolling down the screen again, she continued, “And next we have two versions of chastity. One is a fairly simple chastity belt, it’ll prevent you from having sex, but won’t stop you from relieving yourself, assuming you would actually need to do so. The other takes the idea to the extreme and includes a lot of chains, thigh bands, and a few other things I’m not quite sure how to use.”

“That sounds complicated,” Taylor noted, looking over the provided pictures. “But otherwise doesn’t seem too bad.

“As an interesting note, you can’t wear the chastity belt and have the double dildo panties at the same time. You can still have the butt plug and a dildo, though. If you want both the butt plug, dildo, and the full chastity treatment, the whole set is worth thirty-three credits. I still wouldn’t recommend it, though.”

“Why not?” Taylor asked. “It doesn’t sound too bad.”

Cindy shrugged. “Sometimes, you just want to get laid. With that get up, the best you could hope for would be getting some stimulation from your plugs between visits with your owners. Hell, I’m pretty sure the belt only comes off while you’re with them officially, so even living with them won’t help if I’m right about that.”

Taylor winced. “That sounds pretty annoying,” she admitted. “Still, can you add it to my maybe list?”

With a sigh and a shrug, Cindy complied. “I think you’d regret it, but it’s your choice. Anyway, the next one is one I don’t recommend taking. Basically, you can agree to completely forgo all forms of contraceptives for the year. This includes condoms, so there’s a very good chance you’ll get pregnant.”

“Definitely not doing that,” Taylor said. “Dad would kill me.”

“Right,” Cindy said. “Anyway, I’m pretty sure you don’t want to know about the next option, so I’m just going to skip it. After that, we have pet play. Basically, you’ll be required to act like an actual animal while in your apartment. This includes wearing a tail and ears and eating out of a dog bowl. It’s worth ten credits, and you can get another fifteen credits if you want to wear a bitch suit that’ll keep you on all fours.”

“I don’t think I’m interested in any of that,” Taylor said.

“It’s fun in small doses,” Cindy replied, “but it definitely isn’t something I’d suggest full time. Now, on the topic of pets, you can also opt to live with a large, dominant, and horny animal. It will probably fuck you.”

“Not if I set my swarm on it, it won’t,” Taylor muttered. “No, I don’t think that one’s a good idea, either.”

“Probably not,” Cindy agreed. “Moving on, we’ve got this parasitic alien suit. Don’t worry, it’s harmless. It lives primarily off of excreted bodily fluids, so it’ll pleasure you constantly while still allowing people to access your holes.”

“That really doesn’t sound like a good idea,” Taylor said hesitantly.

“You can still wear your clothes over it and it’s worth fifteen credits,” Cindy commented. “I know girls who tried to have a run just to get one of their own. We turn a surprising number of them down, actually.”

“I mean, alright, sure, it sounds pretty good,” Taylor replied, “but I’m not sure I trust the idea.” She sighed heavily. “You know what, fine, add it to the maybe list. I’ll give it more thought later.”

“Alright, will do,” Cindy said. “Looking over the next few options, I don’t think you’ll be interested, so I’m going to skip them as well. After those ones, there’s the tentacle pit. Now, I know what you’re thinking.”

“Why do you even have a tentacle pit as on option?” Taylor demanded.

“Alright, so I don’t know what your thinking,” Cindy replied with a shrug. “To answer your question in one word, hentai. In more words, perverts like watching people get molested by tentacles. Anyway, this is one of those punishments I recommend you take.”

“Why would I want to be molested by tentacles?” Taylor asked.

“Well, it is a lot of fun,” Cindy answered. “But the reason you should take this punishment is that, much like the spankings, it’s actually possible to avoid the tentacles entirely if you’re careful, and with your bugs that should be easy. They’re worth twenty credits, so it’s really not a bad deal. All they do is put a portal in your room that leads to a tentacle pit. Sure, you’ll be stuck there for several hours if you fall in, but it shouldn’t be that hard to avoid, right?”

“If you say so,” Taylor said doubtfully. “But I guess you can add it to the maybe list.”

“Right,” Cindy said, doing so. “After that, we have two more I don’t think you’d be interested in, followed by a special chip we can implant that would, depending on how it’s programmed, allow your owners to control your ability to sleep or orgasm. There’s a bunch of sub options, so I’ll just give you my opinion on the best options and leave you to figure out what you want to do for yourself if you’re interested. Sound good?”

“Yeah,” Taylor agreed.

“Sleep control can be fun, but it can also be a bit scary,” Cindy began, “so while I’d usually recommend it, I’m not sure it’s a good idea for you. It’s not actually one of the ones I took, but I’ve heard generally positive reviews. Then again, there’s also the question of how your abilities would react to it.” Shaking her head to clear it, she made a note in another window before continuing, “As for the climax control chip, it’s not too bad, and you can get a control for yourself for only five credits. You can also set it up to increase the amount of edging you experience with it, which can be fun in the long term, if frustrating short term.”

“How so?” Taylor asked, having not heard the term before.

“Basically, all of your built up orgasms will hit at once, giving a wild ride while you come down from them. That said, I’d stay away from the Prohibition mod. It’ll make it so you can never cum again. Even if you pony up for its eventual removal, it’ll mean a full year without being able to orgasm, and that isn’t very fun at all. The climax control chip is also probably the only one I would normally say would be safe to let the viewers control, more than any of the others… except you’re going to be a magical girl, and climaxing during combat is a good way to die. Then again, that shouldn’t matter unless you were about to orgasm, anyway, which would probably already be distracting enough to get you in trouble.”

“I’ll keep that in mind,” Taylor said. “And add it to the maybe list. It sounds like at least the climax control could be useful while fighting if I can fight through the arousal or get a few safe moments to release the tension.” Cindy did so, and Taylor asked, “What’s left?”

“Just one last thing,” Cindy announced. “You can opt to have a special vibrator placed in your womb. It would vibrate, rotate, and kick to emulate a baby, but which much more force. Hell, you can opt to have two or three of the little bastards in there, if you want.”

Taylor paled. “I’m not ready to know what that feels like. I’ll pass.”

“I wasn’t either,” Cindy agreed. “There’s no need to rush into something like that.”

“So we’re done going through all of the options?” Taylor asked, fighting back a yawn.

“All of the punishment options I thought you’d be even remotely interested in, at least,” Cindy corrected. “There’s still a few things to go through, and then you’ll need to confirm everything before we finalize the contract.”

“Can it wait until tomorrow?” Taylor asked. “I’m getting kind of tired.”

“Sure, no problem,” Cindy replied, standing up and gathering her things. “I’ll see myself out. You go get some rest. Goodnight, Taylor.”

“Goodnight, Cindy.”

10. Guardian54

Guardian54 Versed in the lewd.

The gag reflex removal is honestly a horrible idea, because of sleep apnea and suffocating without ever waking up, let alone trying to eat peanuts or something (hope your brain blood vessels can stand up to you walking on your hands trying to get that peanut out of your trachea, or doing acrobatics to unstick it from behind your vocal cords...

Even a mental override could be dangerous in terms of sleep apnea or even just forgetting to turn the reflex back on before eating food.

EDIT: Forgot to laugh at Taylor's being stupid enough to think getting pierced a bunch of times regularly with corset piercings is a better choice than drinking some semen. With Cum Connoisseur to make it bearable... oi, it makes it like drinking coffee or tea, which is NOTHING, you idiot with an allergy to the idea of mind-altering substances! Your MOTHER drank tea! So by your reckoning YOUR MOTHER WAS A DRUGGIE!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  11. torac

torac Know what you're doing yet?

The willingness to endure pain for even little gain is typical Taylor stuff, but what I don’t get is putting urethra play in the maybe pile but giving enemas a hard pass. They seem pretty much the same to me, but one hole is actually meant to fit semi-solid stuff in, and it is not the urethra.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  12. Guardian54

This would totally be shitty decision making by teens were it not for the absence of shit.
    Of course, Taylor deserves to suffer if she's so insistent on being this bad about thinking these decisions through.

icwienerus and Solusandra like this.
  13. Blackshard

Blackshard ~

So far as I'm concerned, the difference is time investment. A vibrator up your urethra, especially one that you can't ever remove due to other punishments, eventually becomes a part of your normal; it's just there. On the other hand, the four hour daily enema experience is a solid four hour chunk of time dedicated to you being punished, every single day. Someone who's interested in getting more benefit out of their time on the show may wish to use that time more efficiently; you'd get about as much points from spending more time with one of your owners on one day out of seven, and you could get more from taking a part-time job (along with a fair amount of valuable SL-verse cash).

14. torac

torac Know what you're doing yet?

I thought that was only the most extreme option, but I can’t find the link to check.

Edit:
    One hour per week is inconsequential for all but the most obsessive time savers. Even then, Taylor could probably multi-task well enough to use it.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  15. edale

edale Versed in the lewd.

Regular enema takes up 1 hour a day (according to the interactive COYA).

'Hold-it-in' enema takes up 3 hours.

16. Balewood

Balewood Happily Discontent

This appears to be incorrect regular is 1 hour per week
    'Hold-it-in' enema takes up 3 hours.
    The over four hour option would be the 'Hold it in' followed by the 'Banana' enema's

Ack likes this.
  17. edale

AH, so it is, 1 hour total per week, but the enema is still daily.

Ack likes this.
  18. Jonakhensu

First off... I am amazed that almost all of the discussion so far is about the enemas.

My understanding is that enemas typically cause cramping and generally sounds unpleasant, especially when given daily. It seemed a bit much for 1 credit. That said, Taylor was reacting mostly to the back to back enemas that take at least four hours and would still only get you 7 credits. I'll have her mention that later on, as it is a fair point. Urethral insertion, however, should be fairly easy to get used to, especially when it's constant. It'd be just like wearing clothes - you quickly stop noticing the texture of the fabric.

Yes, this was a large portion of my thought process on the matter as well. One of these days I'm going to need to set up a spreadsheet with a simplified mock up of Taylor's schedule on it, just to see how much free time she has.

The relevant link can be found in the first post of the thread. By taking Enema, Hold it in (which makes the enema last 3 hours per day), and Banana Enema (which takes 1.5 hours per day), you can have back to back enemas lasting a total of 4.5 hours daily, involves a butt plug for part of it, and has an absorbent pad rolled up and inserted in the other. All for a grand total of 7 credits. That definitely sounds worth it to me.

The daily enema takes about 10 minutes a day and is worth 1 credit, so it might not be terrible, but you're probably better off getting a navel piercing if you need to make up the single credit.

Ack likes this.
  19. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

I'm reminded of the Japanese game show Don't Fart which I honestly thought was a parody. (Note: involves having air pumped into the butt).

Nugar likes this.
  20. Guardian54

You know full well that the internet always talks shit.

And when there's no shit to talk about...

Hey, did Taylor take Optimized Digestion U as well, to help with stakeouts?

EDIT: (In case the joke isn't obvious) we talk about piss

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    GladiusLucix and edale like this.
  21. Threadmarks: Recruitment 1.11
    Jonakhensu

Recruitment 1.11

“Good morning!” Cindy called as entered the station’s main room, pushing a cart with a large tub on it. “Sleep well?”

“Well enough,” Taylor replied while having her golden orb weaver feed on one of the ants. Looking toward the tub, she asked, “Did you bring me a beehive or something?”

Cindy smirked and replied, “No, I didn’t get this for you. I’m not even sure what else I can easily get my hands on, other than a hissing cockroach or something. No, this is a gift from a Professor Platt. According to the tag, it’s a thank you gift for agreeing to be his daughter’s friend.”

“I’m not sure friends is the best name for our probable relationship,” Taylor noted dryly. “Though I definitely appreciate the effort. And the bees.” Cocking her head to the side, she added, “And the worms?”

“Worms?” Cindy asked.

“Yeah, there’s a bunch of worms in there,” Taylor confirmed. “I guess I can control them, too. Apparently.”

Cindy nodded. “That’s good to know. I’ll let the proper people know.”

“Good,” Taylor said, heading over to tub. “Now I just need to let them out so they can stretch their wings a bit.”

“Are you sure that’s a good idea?” Cindy asked nervously. “I’d rather not get stung, even if I don’t think it’ll do much to me.”

Taylor waved the concern off, even as she opened the tub. “They wouldn’t sting you unless I wanted them to, assuming they even could.”

“What do you mean?”

“These bees don’t have stingers,” Taylor replied. “They’re perfectly safe.” She had one of the bees land on her finger and held it up for Cindy to inspect. “See?” she asked, pointing at the bee’s back end. “No stinger.”

“Well, that’ll make keeping them around once you’re in your apartment easier, at least,” Cindy commented. “Anyway, ready for today?”

“You gave me a lot to think about last night, and I’m a bit worried about that psychic’s visit,” Taylor said.

“That’s understandable,” Cindy stated. “She’s planning to poke around in your brain a little, just to make sure it’ll be safe for others to be be near you. That’s bound to be stressful.”

“Can she really ban me from traveling to certain planets?” Taylor asked, stroking the back of her spider with a single finger as though it were a cat.

“She has a lot of clout,” Cindy began, “but not quite that much. What she can do, though, is put pressure on the Slut Life executives by threatening to keep her psychics from participating to force them to station you on a more limited range of planets.”

“I’m… not sure I see the difference,” Taylor admitted.

“There isn’t really one, at least in the short term,” Cindy explained, “but, in the long term, you’d still be able to travel normally.”

Taylor sighed in relief. “That’s good to know. I’m not sure I even want to travel between a bunch of different worlds, or if I’ll be able to without a lot of help, but I was worried that if I could, I’d still be stuck with only a few worlds I could visit.”

“I don’t know anyone with that much authority,” Cindy replied. “At least not without it being something much more serious. I mean, if your power eats psychics for lunch or enslaves any who come too close, that might be enough to get you restricted, but that’s really unlikely.”

“Isn’t that what Mistress Fiorenza is coming here to figure out?”

“Pretty much,” Cindy replied with a shrug. “I don’t think it’s terribly likely. Anyway, while we wait for her to show up, do you want to go over the different adjustments you can make to your contract?”

“Sure,” Taylor replied. “It’ll at least give us something to do.”

“Alright,” Cindy continued, “the first thing to keep in mind is that you can only select one of each set of adjustments. The first set has to do with the length of your run.”

Taylor nodded in understanding. “That makes sense. I don’t see how you could change the length of the show multiple times. What are the options?”

“Keeping in mind that the show defaults to one year,” Cindy began. “The first option is to pay fifty credits to be done in six months. Since we’re going to be putting you back when we got you, anyway, I wouldn’t recommend it. The number of extra punishments you’d have to take to pay for it is likely to be unpleasant.”

“It does sound tempting,” Taylor admitted, “but you’re probably right. Besides, I’m not sure six months would give me enough experience with everything.”

“I’m sure you’d do fine with less than that,” Cindy countered with a smile, “but the extra time wouldn’t hurt, so long as you’re careful when you fight.”

Taylor smirked. “Oh, if things work the way I think they will, I should be alright.”

“That’s good to hear,” Cindy replied. “Anyway, the second option is to extend your contract. Now, there’s a good chance this would end up with you getting spanked, as the minimum length of an extended contract is five years, and it’s hard to keep an audience interested that long. You can extend it up to a total of ten years and get an additional ten credits per year, including the initial year, which is nice.”

“I don’t think I’d want to be away from home that long,” Taylor decided.

“I don’t blame you,” Cindy agreed. “I usually only recommend it for people who are getting an entire second childhood or want to focus on getting an entire education out of it.”

“That seems reasonable,” Taylor agreed. “So, what’s the next option?”

“Next is signing on forever,” Cindy said. “I haven’t signed anyone up for it, and I can’t actually think of any reason I’d recommend it for anyone. There’s plenty of other options if it’s a fetish for them or something, including simply signing up for another ten year stint once their current one is up.”

Taylor sat thinking for a few minutes before saying, “I keep trying to think of a reason someone would want to sign up for that, but the closest I can think of are taken care of by either keeping the apartment or getting a planet. I mean, I could see someone trying to trick a person into picking it, but that’s about the only reason I could see someone doing so.”

“That’s pretty much my thought as well,” Cindy agreed. “Now, to get off of that lovely topic, we have the final option. You can decide to become a sex slave. You get one hundred fifty extra credits and will be on the show for five years. At that point, you get auctioned off to the highest bidder. It’s not something I recommend, but I’ve seen people take it.”

“I can’t see that ending well,” Taylor opined. “I haven’t heard of many rich people who are both willing to buy someone and likely to treat them well, even in fiction.”

“There’s a few,” Cindy replied, “but it is a rather large risk. Much less risky is paying the fifty credits to be able to choose who’ll get you at the end of your show, out of your owners.”

“It’s still not something I would choose,” Taylor said, “but it definitely sounds a lot better than being auctioned off.”

Cindy nodded in agreement. “If I hadn’t been planning on working for Slut Life when I signed up, I could see myself having taken that option, had I known how great my owners would be at the time.” She chuckled. “The hardest part would have been choosing only one to be my new master. I’m much happier with the more casual relationships I’m maintaining with some of them.”

Taylor blushed. “If you say so. I don’t think I’m going to take any of those options, though.”

Cindy nodded. “They really aren’t worth it in your case. Especially since you actually want to go home.”

“What are the other adjustments?” Taylor asked.

“They’re a mishmash of different options,” Cindy answered, “though you can only pick one of them with this contract.” Scrolling the screen down to the correct section, she continued, “The first one won’t apply to you, since you don’t plan on having any kids during your run, and are only going to be here a year anyway.” Before Taylor could comment, she continued, “Personally, I don’t think the second option is worth it, but it does give you something to do if you somehow have extra credits when you’re done. Basically, you can cash any remaining credits you have in for $1000 each.”

“That sounds like a pretty good deal,” Taylor noted before thinking about it and adding, “if I weren’t already getting a couple million dollars.”

Cindy nodded her agreement. “Most people who would care about the money easily make enough for that option to be pocket change. It’s only really useful in some fairly specific cases.”

“I’ll keep it in mind,” Taylor said, “but I’m pretty sure I can get more use out of some of the cosmetic options than out of a couple grand.”

“Extra long tongues are always a good party trick,” Cindy noted, waggling her very long tongue at Taylor and causing the teen to blush. “Anyway, the next option is an option to change a punishment somewhat. You can choose between breast milk, semen, or sexual fluids instead of the fluid you should be using for that option.”

“I’m not sure what to say about that,” Taylor admitted.

“That’s fine,” Cindy said. “You aren’t planning on taking any of the punishments it’d apply to anyway, so it isn’t really worth worrying about. I just thought you should know in case you do end up picking one of those punishments later.”

“Thanks,” Taylor said. “I’m pretty sure a glass of breast milk would be less disturbing than a glass of semen, or something.”

“It’d be good for your bones, at least,” Cindy agreed. “Moving on, we have a new identity with valid identification. It’s pretty useful if you change your appearance enough, though you should be young enough to get away with it unless you go overboard. It’s also good for witness protection type issues, but that doesn’t apply to you. Either way, it costs fifteen credits. Nothing terrible, but not an insignificant amount.”

“No,” Taylor mused, “I don’t think I’ll be needing that. I don’t plan on having anything that drastic done that can’t be explained by the puberty fairy.”

“Right.” Cindy looked back at the screen and continued, “Next is a vacation, but it can’t be selected unless you have an extended contract. It would get you a week to yourself, free from owners and punishments, once a year. And finally, we have a safe word. Basically, you’d pick a word and could use it to stop whatever is going on when you use it. Of course, that’s bad for ratings, so abusing it will have it taken away.”

“That,” Taylor said. “I want that.”

“It’s really not as useful as you’d think,” Cindy said, “and it costs a full twenty credits for something you can have taken away.”

“I don’t care, I want a safe word,” Taylor insisted. In the background the crickets began chirping an oddly unsettling note.

“I’m not going to stop you if you really want one,” Cindy said placatingly. “It’s just a lot to spend on something they can decide to take away from you.”

“Cindy, think about it,” Taylor began. “If something is pushing me too far and I can’t stop it, what’ll happen?” She gave Cindy a moment to think before continuing, “I’ll probably swarm them with bugs. I’m sure that would get me into even more trouble.”

Cindy nodded seriously. “You’re right, I hadn’t thought about that. A safe word is definitely a good idea in your case. I’ll have to see if we can get you a discount or a refund on it or something, since it’d be more for the others than for yourself. I’ll see what I can do.”

“Thanks,” Taylor said. “I want to be a hero, and starting out by attacking people isn’t really the best way to do it.”

“No problem,” Cindy replied. “It’s what I’m here for. Anyway, that’s the last part of the contract, so all that’s left is picking what you want on it and submitting it.” Looking at her watch she added, “And we should be getting company pretty soon. Want to go for a jog before Mistress Fiorenza gets here?”

Taylor stood and stretched. “That sounds good. Once she leaves, do you think I’d be able to talk to one of those guards?”

“It shouldn’t be an issue. What about?” Cindy asked.

“I’ve been looking through the magazines they gave me, and I think I’ve narrowed things down for a few options,” Taylor explained, “but I don’t know enough about them to really make a good choice. One of the guards should have a better idea if what I want would work.”

“I’ll ask one of them to come up when Mistress Fiorenza leaves,” Cindy promised. “But if you want to get a jog in first, we should get started. She should be here in an hour or so.”

“I’m coming, I’m coming,” Taylor grumbled, making her way out of the room.

Psychic Mistress Fiorenza Campos made her way to the station’s portal with a purposeful stride. While she did appreciate the looks she was getting from those she passed, she had little time for simple pleasures at the moment. She had an appointment to keep, after all. She nodded to one of the guards as she approached. Unlike a number of the people she had passed, they were maintaining a mostly professional outlook.

“Morning, Ma’am,” the guard called out. “I see you’re scheduled to see Miss Hebert?”

She did notice a strange hint of amusement under the professionalism, but that was fine. With boring jobs like guarding, it was important to find little amusements where you can. “Yes,” she replied. “I am. Is there anything I should know before heading up?”

“She just finished working through most of the contract,” the guard replied, “so she’s in a pretty good mood. That said, she seems to have something against telepaths. I’d suggest telling her exactly what you’re going to do before doing it and back off if she tells you to.” His smile turned feral for a moment as he added, “Unless you want to be attacked by ants.”

“Thank you for the advice,” Fiorenza said, taking it as the serious warning it was. Ants were a minor nuisance at most, but even a small colony would be unpleasant to deal with if it attacked en masse.“I take it she decided to not have a Psychic as one of her owners?”

“Oh,” the guard said, shaking his head in amusement, “that’s putting it lightly. If Cindy wasn’t so curious about you guys sending two messages, they wouldn’t even have known you were coming.”

Fiorenza blinked. She could tell he was telling the truth, and that was a troubling thought. “I didn’t realize she would be that adamantly against psychics. I hope my presence won’t cause any difficulty.”

“Nah,” the guard said, waving her concerns off. “You should be fine. Taylor’s a good girl. Very pragmatic. So long as you don’t try to attack her or anything you should be fine.” Waving toward the portal, he added, “You might as well head on up. They’re waiting for you.”

“Thank you,” she replied, making her way through the portal. She caught herself in the entrance room, regaining her bearings after the disorientation caused by leaving so many minds behind in an instant. “I hate portals,” she grumbled. She much prefered the comfort of travelling on a proper starship, even if it was much slower. Once she had regained her composure, she made her way deeper into the station, heading toward the two minds she could feel.

“Hello,” a fairly young voice called as she approached. “You must be Mistress Fiorenza,” the black haired youth continued once she had entered the room. “I’m Taylor Hebert. It’s nice to meet you.”

“How did you know I was there?” Fiorenza asked curiously. “I know I don’t make that much noise walking, and you were greeting me before I even made it to the room.”

Taylor smiled, and knelt down, placing a hand on the ground. When she stood up, she had an ant on one of her fingers. “I had this little gal wait on a web I had my spider string across the door in the entrance room and had her hitch a ride once you came through. We thought it might be good practice.”

“We’re still finding new things she can do with her abilities,” the redhead who must be Miss Matos replied. “I’m Cindy Matos. Good to meet you, Mistress Fiorenza.”

“Pleased to meet you as well,” Fiorenza replied. “But, please, call me Fiorenza. While I am here in my official capacity as the school’s Headmistress, neither of you are my students. We shouldn’t need to maintain quite as much formality as I must with my charges.”

“Alright, Fiorenza,” Cindy said with a friendly smile. “Why don’t you tell us a bit more about what you hope to find out today?”

Fiorenza noticed that Taylor was also listening intently. “As I said in my message, we are unsure how a biological supercomputer being attached to your brain would affect those of us with telepathy. In the interest of public safety, I feel this potential interaction must be examined more closely, before you are exposed to the general population.”

“What do you need from me?” Taylor asked. The girl was definitely wary. She would need to proceed cautiously.

“Simply by standing here without needing to protect myself, we’ve already proven that you are not an exposure risk,” Fiorenza explained. That had been her greatest fear, and she was glad to see that it was unfounded.

“What do you mean by that?” Taylor asked, showing a commendable curiosity as well as healthy caution.

“Simply being in your presence will not be enough to cause issues,” Fiorenza elaborated, “though you may still be able to affect psychics if you make the attempt or if we attempt to read or influence you. With your permission, I would like to test each of these scenarios. While I will not attempt to restrict your movement if you refuse, it will give both of us a better idea of what you are capable of and what issues having psychics in your vicinity could cause, should they be less than disciplined.”

“I guess that makes sense,” Taylor began, “but I’m not really comfortable letting someone try to Master me, even if it’s just as a test.”

“Master?” Fiorenza asked, quirking an eyebrow toward Cindy.

“It’s the term used on her Earth for people who can control others,” Cindy explained. “Considering most of the ones who can affect humans have decided to be villains, I can understand why she’s hesitant.”

“Hm.” Fiorenza thought for a moment. “I’m really not sure what I can do to reassure you that I won’t do anything untoward, beyond giving you my word as one of the premier trainers of psychics across the multiverse. Ethics is most definitely covered in detail. It has to be with the influence we can have on others.”

“And if that isn’t enough,” Cindy added, “the guards on the ground have been switched out and given orders to shut down the portal if anything weird happens. It’d take quite a bit of time to get through quarantine after that.”

“You have M/S protocols in place?” Taylor asked with a sigh of relief. “In that case, I guess I don’t mind testing whatever it is you want to test.”

“Thank you,” Fiorenza said graciously, deciding to not mention how she could place mental commands subtly enough that they’d slip through such precautions. It wouldn’t accomplish anything productive, and she had no intention of doing so to begin with.. “Now, before we begin the first test, I have a question.” Taylor gestured for her to ask, so she did. “When you take control of an insect, are you able to release that control, or is it permanent?”

“That’s a bit of a hard question to answer,” Taylor replied. “I always know about all of the insects in my range, and can control them at will, but I can also let them continue acting as they would without my influence. I usually let the ants take care of themselves, for instance.”

“Good.” Fiorenza continued, “I want you to try to control me.”

“How?” Taylor asked. “You’re not a bug. If it weren’t for the ant, I wouldn’t even have been able to track you earlier.”

“Hmm, give me a moment, dear,” Fiorenza said. “I need to think on this.” She gave the matter a few moments of thought before proposing, “The next thing I wanted to test was if attempting to properly contact your mind would have any additional effects. If you were to attempt to gain control at the point between making contact and trying to exert influence, we can test your ability to control psychics who are attempting to control you. It might not answer the initial question, but it is a good starting point.”

“I can try,” Taylor said doubtfully.

“Alright, I’m making the connection now,” Fiorenza said, before nearly toppling over. Grabbing the side of her head with one hand and steadying herself with her other hand, she barely kept herself upright. “That is quite the unexpected experience,” she commented. “If I had to guess, I would have to say the supercomputer you’re connected to is handling a large amount of your neural activity.”

“What do you mean?” Taylor asked. The girl obviously did not have a comprehensive, or even a fairly rudimentary, understanding of how the brain and mind worked, which, Fiorenza supposed, was not entirely surprising, considering her age and where she’d been raised.

Straightening up, Fiorenza explained. “The amount of sensory information you’re processing is, frankly, absurd, even accounting for the amount of overlap you’re receiving from the ant colony and bee hive. I can confidently say that very few psychics would choose to use your senses if they could at all help it. At least not without removing every insect form the vicinity first, which I’m sure you would notice.” Shaking her head, she added, “I am ready for you to proceed.”

“Right,” Taylor said. “Um, I can’t really tell you’re doing anything. And I still don’t know how I’m supposed to do anything to you.”

“Well, that’s a relief,” Fiorenza said. “It is definitely safe for psychics to be around you in general, then.” Hesitantly, she added, “There is one last thing I would like to test. It is possible for psychics to implant suggestions into your mind. With your permission, I would like to attempt to do so, in order to see what would happen.”

“What are you planning on having me do?” Taylor asked.

“I’m planning on using a fairly common parlor trick, as it is easy to do, fairly obvious, and easily undone,” Fiorenza explained vaguely. “For purposes of not influencing the results, I would prefer to not inform you of what, exactly, I will be doing.”

“No thanks,” Taylor said. “That’s not very specific, and I’d rather not have anyone mess with my head.”

“What if she tells me what she plans to do and I’ll let you know if I think it’s reasonable?” Cindy offered.

Taylor hesitated, but Fiorenza refrained from nudging her thought processes in the correct direction. While it would be a decent test in and of itself, it would also ruin any trust she had built so far, for far too little gain. Finally, the girl answered, “That’ll work, I guess.”

Giving the younger girl a nod and suppressing her sigh of relief, Fiorenza made her way over to Cindy and whispered in her ear. Sure, she could have transferred the information telepathically, but she had a feeling Taylor would not have appreciated her doing so. Once she was done conveying her plans, Cindy stepped back and said, “It doesn’t sound that bad at all.”

“Alright,” Taylor said. She was still hesitant, but was putting on a brave face. “What do you need me to do?”

Fiorenza quickly made the change, making note of a completely baseline resistance to the suggestion, and said, “I just need you to walk over here, please.”

“Sure, no problem,” Taylor said, before failing to stand up. “Wh-what’s wrong?” she asked, already starting to panic. “Why can’t I get up?” Several crickets hopped into the room, chirping up a storm. Closely following on their heels were a veritable river of ants.

“Taylor,” Fiorenza loudly said, trying to catch the girl’s attention before the rising panic set in too deeply. “It’s alright! I just made your subconscious mind think your legs don’t work. It’ll take but a moment to fix it.” Taylor was already beginning to hyperventilate and the insects were starting to amass in numbers large enough to be worrisome. Fiorenza quickly removed the compulsion before gently saying, “Try standing up, now.”

Shakily and hesitantly, Taylor rose to her feet. “That was not fun,” she stated.

“No, I suspect not,” Fiorenza agreed. “However, it did yield important information that will help you stay safe. Provided the psychic making the attempt stays away from using your senses or affecting your connection to your insects, you are no more protected from psionic attacks than any other normal person.”

Still shaken, Taylor asked, “Is there anything I can do to stop that from happening again?”

“Without being psychic, there is only so much you can do,” Fiorenza admitted. “Though there are some meditation and mental exercises that can help. If you like, I can see about sending you a book on beginner’s techniques.”

“I’d appreciate that, thanks,” Taylor said, calming down significantly. Simply having the promise of a goal to work toward seemed to do the girl a world of good. It was a shame she was so averse to being a telepath. Drive like that could take her quite far, indeed.

“That is all I was looking to test,” Fiorenza said. “And, unfortunately, my schedule is quite busy. Is there anything else you’d like to ask before I make my exit?”

“Not that I can think of currently,” Taylor replied. “Did you have any, Cindy?”

Cindy shook her head. “No, I’m good. It was nice to meet you, Fiorenza. I’m sure I’ll be talking with you again in the future.”

“Yes, that does seem likely,” Fiorenza agreed. “Taylor, I wish you luck in the coming year. Have a good day.” The teenager wished her goodbye as well, and she made her way off of the station. She had much to think on. Biological supercomputers that were both connected, and not connected, to a person were really rather fascinating, and she would love to learn more about them. Unfortunately, it looked like having a good way to study the phenomena from a psionic standpoint would be some time off, as Miss Hebert was not likely to consent to the in depth psionic scans needed, and was probably not the best candidate, regardless, if she really did see the world in such overwhelming detail at all times.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  22. Silvercrystal

Silvercrystal That’s no Moon, It’s a Moderator! Moderator

and that right there shows that Taylor wasn’t thinking... if she took the Psychic enhancement she would likely end up being resistant to human type masters, three of which are big nasties. Ziz, Heartbreaker, Valfore (IIRC)

all in all nice chapter.

23. Guardian54

1. What?
    Taylor, TAYLOR, Do you not know that heroes (EDIT: okay, the sort of heroes she thinks about, not firefighters, etc.) voluntarily confront AKA attack villains and criminals? As in "I see a mugger attacking someone and I decide to attack the mugger verbally/mentally (e.g. threat of violent subdual) and/or physically to stop him."
    Every single hero starts out by attacking people!

2. The amount of terminal stupidity needed to not ask to get Psychic powers after such a display when you're that paranoid about Masters...
    The best analogy I can come up with (EDIT: This is without flying off the handle) is "I really shouldn't leave myself so open to people touching my skin, but someone might be allergic to the cloth my only workable defence to such would be made of, so..." *GOES STREAKING IN CROWDED SHOPPING MALL*

EDIT: Since someone criticized my choice, it is true that a better analogy is "Because I could attack someone with it I refuse to carry (completely concealed) pepper spray, or a baton, or knife or gun or learn martial arts, despite being terrified of being attacked" But I don't trust myself to make arguments without generating what some people describe as "strawmen".

Imagine fanon Void_Cowboy, give him Spree or Crusader's power but making straw men instead. That's what others have informed me I vaguely post like (any lost posts are right, infracted, or both).

GodOfPixies likes this.
  24. SystemSearcher

SystemSearcher "I fought the door and the door won"

I'd say that she just finds the powers disturbing by default. I wouldn't take gamma radiation projection powers even if it granted me protection from radiation for example.

25. edale

But all the Hulks you could make!

icesonic, Alayne and Guardian54 like this.
  26. SystemSearcher

Not worth all the littlest cancer patients.

27. Guardian54

Panacea can deal with that no problem.

If someone who only becomes radioactive as he amps up is reasonable otherwise and pretty strong already for most threats, but can amp up to quickly drive off an Endbringer then that's more than worth a little radiation fork for healer capes.

Also, taking gamma radiation projection powers that you never actually use but gives you immunity to radiation would just be a defence stat for Behemoth battles.

EDIT: I'm referring to Hulk powers, where in some depictions he ends up radioactive at extreme high ends, by this.

Silvercrystal likes this.
  28. Silvercrystal

Silvercrystal That’s no Moon, It’s a Moderator! Moderator

Better to have a tool and never use it then need it and not have it. I personally find almost all forms of “psychic” powers as nightmare fuel, but wold be willing to personally sacrifice a lot to get them even if I would probably never have a chance to use them...

TheWave, GodOfPixies, Alayne and 2 others like this.
  29. SystemSearcher

I guess we're disagreed there, because I don't want such superpowers for the same reason why I actively avoid any positions of power, even moderation positions on Discord for example. I don't trust myself, I'm bad at it and I don't want the pressure anyway.

chrnno likes this.
  30. Tortoise

Tortoise Know what you're doing yet?

Fixes:
    bearings
    "myself" implies the subject of the first part is "I", which conflicts with "we've"
    exactly,
    The only possible subject here is "biological supercomputers", and that doesn't match singular "was" and "it".