1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Little Lost Dungeon

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Merior, May 23, 2018.

1. Winged One

Winged One Not the Simurgh

[X] Make… (Pick one option below per action used.)
    --[X] …a room for a [ Boss ]
    ---[X] If it won't magically become suited for Etsuko on its own, ask her what she'd like in a room.
    [X] Examine in detail… (Pick one option below per action used.)
    -[X] [MANA]
    [X] A [Poor] quality [Monster Pattern] suiting your needs.

Bookeater likes this.
  2. abyssmal_kismet

abyssmal_kismet Experienced.

---[X] If it won't magically become suited for Etsuko on its own, ask her what she'd like in a room.
    -[X] [MANA]

Bookeater likes this.
  3. Aoinfinity

Aoinfinity Unlimited blue works

[x] Examine in detail… (Pick one option below per action used.)
    --[x] Your [MANA]
    [x] Figure out passive [MANA] respiration. (Bonus if [MANA] is examined.)

[X] One [Typical] quality [Pattern] of a random type.

Bookeater likes this.
  4. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

-[X] [MANA]

Bookeater likes this.
  5. Bookeater

Bookeater Getting out there.

[x] One [Typical] quality [Pattern] of a random type.

--[x] Your [MANA]

Let's figure out things first then we can expend. Building a boss room and a core room are a must but we have another option to grow a a Dungeon. What if we slowly absorbed the whole school as our Dungeon?

My plan for the future is to expend in two directions. The first is the traditional Dungeon one we expend on the inside, building rooms, mazes, Lairs and traps by the truck load. But we would also expend outward converting the school and the ground around as our territory.

We would leave everything as it is to not arouse suspicion but it would allow us to drain mana from everyone in it without anyone the wiser, allow us to scan easily everyone whi enter the school as an early warning systems/spying/learning mecanism, and if delvers try to escape the 'Normal' dungeon below, we can turn the place above into a horror house when they think they reached safety.

And we finally have a mana regeneration, so we could begin the slow process of regaining our HP too.

For traps and monsters, we can wait to have Etsuko inputs for that.

swarm, Ayashi and Merior like this.
  6. Winged One

Winged One Not the Simurgh

If we'd spawned some loot for Etsuko's [Prizes], it'd have been a status cure potion and everything would be fine, wouldn't it?

swarm, The Mad Ghoul and Merior like this.
  7. Qeqre

Qeqre Versed in the lewd.

--[x] Your [MANA]

Mana really should be a priority. And while scrying for potential delvers that have implanted bombs might give us the opportunity to fix their status effect as a reward, our Boss Monster isn't in the mood to face challengers at the moment so we really shouldn't. /oblivious.

Bookeater and Merior like this.
  8. Bookeater

Also, we are in no position to drag other people into our Dungeon, we are nowhere near ready. We were extremely lucky with Etsuko. Had the circumstances been different, we could have easily attracted the authorities to our presence and since this is placed in Worm, the PRT doesn't fuck around something that creates monsters or devour people.

We need to be careful and explore every option we have before making a move that could potentially cost our life.

Lemonbarb and Merior like this.
  9. Bookeater

I know it's bad to double post but I had an idea and nobody posted anything in a while so here I go.

I have a suggestion for a future trap. We have bookcases and metal lockers in our inventory right? We used some of them to make the maze. So what if we fill the bookcase or lockers and rig them to fall on those passing by.

It would be working with what we have and it would respect the style of the Storage Room Deco we have right now. And even if the trap went off, it could be passed off as a mistake of how the furniture was placed when it was moved for storage... even if the maze is already pretty strange and supposedly to big to be in the place it is...

Another Patern we could make would be a Desk Tower students would have to climb to achieve the objective. It's a precarious thing made of students desks stacked stupidity high and hold together by locking desk together and some feeble tape found in art and craft. You need to be crazy or really adventurous (no difference, really) to attempt climbing THAT. Of course some of the desk are rigged to detach for the tower to cause students to fall.

Another version of this would be the Mountain of Badly Stored Chairs.

So I guess the options of working on our maze some more look a lot more interesting now. After the next turn maybe?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    Candesce, Qeqre, macdjord and 2 others like this.
  10. Qeqre

I suppose that one upgrades into the Mountain of Badly Stored Stairs That Your Foot Might Get Stuck In which in turn upgrades into a variant where things shift in a manner that causes and/or sharp objects from up higher to fall down.

Or just climbing hazards that have Sharper Than They Seem School Chair frames and School Desk Frames at the bottom to impale people if they fall down(preferably ones that only move into position or only unlock the sharper ends once somebody starts climbing).

Heaven Canceler and Bookeater like this.
  11. Minion #Q

Minion #Q Well worn.

-[X] [MANA]

Bookeater likes this.
  12. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

--[X] [MANA]
    [X] Figure out passive [MANA] respiration. (Bonus if [MANA] is examined.)

Bookeater likes this.
  13. Merior

Merior Untested Adventurer

Last Chance to Vote for this Update

Okay, if anyone still hasn't voted then feel free to do so now. I'll be closing voting about 19:00 BST on Friday and seeing what horrific things will be happening to our poor, innocent, Core...

Sorry if I've kept people waiting on this, but it seems that every time I thought about closing it someone else decided to bomb it with likes and it only seemed fair to give them a chance to think over things before they voted.

14. Bookeater

Not a bad idea. It does seem like the most natural upgrade path for this trap/obstacle/hazzard. But I don't know why, the turn toward lethality don't seem to fit the Dungeon.

Like it's personality don't match the lethality of the trap. Right now our Dungeon is young, impressionable, kind of dumb and only seems to have a vague idea of what a dungeon should be. It's like he thinks he have to eventually murder everything that enter his depth, that it's "cool" to do so but in the end never thought about the "why". I picture the Dungeon as an innocent kid who don't know what he is doing so maybe that's why the lethal trap don't "feel" like "him".

But those are very good ideas for upgrades. Mine was going in another direction: all the chairs are actually [Possessed Furnitures] and will come alive once the climbers are near the tops.

Qeqre and Candesce like this.
  15. Candesce

Candesce Experienced.

See, e.g., the reaction to the possibility of Etsuko exploding into gore:
    For all the theoretically murderous intentions, I've gotten the impression our little dungeon likes people too much to casually kill them.

... We'll see what happens if, say, Bakuda shows up.

16. Merior

Merior Untested Adventurer

Vote Tally : Little Lost Dungeon | Page 6 | Questionable Questing
    ##### NetTally 1.7.10.1

--[x] Your [MANA]
    No. of Votes: 5

-[X] [MANA]
    No. of Votes: 4

--[x] Your [MANA]
    No. of Votes: 3

--[X] [MANA]
    [X] Figure out passive [MANA] respiration. (Bonus if [MANA] is examined.)
    No. of Votes: 2

[X ] Make… (Pick one option below per action used.)
    --[ X] …a room for a [ Boss ]
    [X] Invent… (Pick one option below per action used.)
    --[X] ...a [Poor] quality [Monster Pattern]. (10 Mana)
    [X] A [Poor] quality [Treasure Pattern] suiting your needs.
    No. of Votes: 1

--[X] [ Cyclic Flash Recovery ].
    [X] Scry for…
    --[X] ...information on the building. (2 Mana)

[X] Examine in detail…
    --[X] [ Dungeon Boss ]
    [X] Scry for…
    --[X] ...more people with [Implanted Bomb]. (10 Mana)

Total No. of Voters: 17
    --[x] Your [MANA]

Rolled 15 vs [30 +2 LVL +0 Challenging] = Success (1)

Difficulty lowered due to currently having a passive [MANA] income.
    Rolled 1 vs [30 +2 LVL +(10+10 Bonus) +20 Routine] = Success (7)

Rolled 99 vs Variable = REALLY NOT GOOD
    Etsuko Interrupts Like The Boss She Is!

Well, the roll concerning the Pattern was for how relevant/appropriate it was.Technically you got a useful and versatile one. I'll say now that the poor Core is going to have been so disappointed by the reaction when she tries to cheer Etsuko up by showing her it...

17. Bookeater

That's... That's really a shitty roll.

18. Qeqre

Good thing the roll was only about the appropriateness of the reward rather than whether we succeeded at anything.

I'm fine with having an oddball pattern. Especially when you consider the massive success on mana regen.

19. Bookeater

True, the lack of a good reward is not really negative for the Dungeon at this point and the great roll for Mana regeneration far outweighs the loss of a good template. So rather than seeing this as a negative it's possible to see this as a false positive.

Beside, I am sure that whatever we get, we can munchkin the hell out of it or troll future delvers with it :D.

swarm and Merior like this.
  20. Sirrocco

Sirrocco Tiny but ambitious squid

...and having a Dungeon Boss who actually knows/understands the local culture is already paying off. Excellent.

21. Bookeater

I dunno, I kinda liked the way Dungeon fumbled his way into school culture and how he perceived things from an outsiders perspective.

inverted_helix and swarm like this.
  22. Madsamurai

Madsamurai Know what you're doing yet?

Came expecting lewds (I missclicked the forum :p ), got interested but was lamenting how slow the story was... But suddenly: Plot! Feels! Heartwarming! Like a Boss!

This pleases me. Continue :)

23. Oakgem217

Oakgem217 Connoisseur of Power Fantasy

Edit: didn't see the deadline post, oops

24. Ayashi

Ayashi Connoisseur.

--[x] Your [MANA]

Rolled 15 vs [30 +2 LVL +0 Challenging] = Success (1)

Difficulty lowered due to currently having a passive [MANA] income.
    Rolled 1 vs [30 +2 LVL +(10+10 Bonus) +20 Routine] = Success (7)

Rolled 99 vs Variable = REALLY NOT GOOD
    Etsuko Interrupts Like The Boss She Is!

I'm not sure how the rolls work.
    I'm guessing you need to roll under the target to succeed and the lower the better (as seen in the current [mana respiration] roll), but it seems critical success only happened when the roll was close to the target (as in "Lure in the young person" in 1.5) . Isn't critical success better than normal success ?

25. Candesce

Candesce Experienced.

I'm pretty sure it's over/under for success, and critical if it's doubles.

Merior and Ayashi like this.
  26. Lemonbarb

Lemonbarb Very sour Grinch

Okay, just catched up lightly. And I'm going to throw some sort of commentary...

... If Alblaster is affected, then if hypothetically, "Dungeon-kun" is discovered to have done it. We'd be akin to the "All for One" of Worm. Power Theft, and transfer (by accident.) On top of being "Dungeon Bound", would normally make the PRT go "oh no..." Before potentially? Triggering a Noelle visit, which surely may not lead to her being recruited, 'halped' and become a BFF by Dungeon-kun standards.

And if Etsuko was the 'recipient', and a likely bomb victim of Bakuda. Probably going to give us an incentive to be 'murderlistic' if we find out Bakuda did it. Speaking of Etsuko...
    For starters, that line alone, is going to become bitterly ironic soon enough. Especially if say; we Dungeon-kun, infuse it with mana, and start making our Boss, our BFF in potential.

But more seriously, Etsuko... It seems to have that sort of "Taylor" like situation, except with a more complex friendship that might be part bullying withstanding, and part suicidal dance to try and drag them out of E88 shenanigans, or gang warfare. Which may lead to given the 'bomb' effect.

I'd ramble more, but glance wise on Etsuko, we're going to indirectly have "fun" times with ABZ on grudges, as much as we'd gain ire/hate from E88 if we accidentally a heavy hitter in Dungeon Core dimensional panic attack, "All for One" lite.

And well, depending on how we dungeon, it could mean the difference between being a "training ground" for E88 say? Or even the Merchants. (Especially if Etsuko goes friendship, or diplomacy actually works. Or we get into that nice 'trade' for dungeon delving.) And well...

Nilbog, especially if Etsuko ends up being our "ideas" Boss, and accidentally escalate to sending 'scouts', that just so happan to shank Bakuda (or attempt to), and cause a PRT panic attack over "minions", Master rating wise... Though if that happened, it'd likely lead to Etsuko being slapped with a Master and Trump/Shaker rating (unless us Dungeon Core, is discovered.)

But yeah, if PRT goes bias on "Etsuko did it", she'll be ranked a heavy hitter (possibly), and be treated accordingly, if 'some/full' scope of what she can do (like a Boss!) is discovered. More so if (like/as a Boss!) She get's killed, then revived again anyways.

-

Now, rambling on the scale of "can our Etsuko be our... Taylor?" Or "can we power our Boss up some more, like a All for One Trump!" Aside. I'd be longer term, more interested on if we, Dungeon-Kun, have access to say...

The PRT Forums. But by that point, it'd likely be Dungeon-Kun squeeing over "I can has chats!" Spam Dungeon invites to everyone like no tomorrow (and likely grab Leet's attention, before him releasing a kickass Dungeon diving video advert.)... And likely get the tags (Verified Cape), and possibly (Dungeon Core) on top, if we hassle/be halpful on Dragon moderati.

But by that point, it'd be thread spamming on...

"I am... Dungeon!" (Murmur, Etsuko possibly naming Dungeon later.)
    "I am... (The) ____, The Dungeon!" (Undungeoned Dungeon, needing Delvers to Dungeon.)

(Laughter later, over wanting 'Delvers' for mana, for money and prizes later... And being "is this Nilbog's Candyland" tier memes later, with a hint of deaths and PRT interrupting over a Prison...)

"OMG, is that Etsuko?" (User was banned for ID revealing, over PRT's villain "The Boss")

(Dungeon core, banned.) "This is my BFFL Boss, Etsuko the Martyr! And she is MINE!" (before casually revealing it's Master effect, and how Etsuko's so halpful.)

PRT: "Oh... fuck, another Nilbog... It seems the only mercy, is it functions under a 'leet' logic, and wants... Delvers, more than conquest." (Before possibly arranging road blocks...)

(Road blocks bypassed by trans-dimensional door later, with a Dungeon-core waving a flag on treating PHO as a Dungeon Blog later...)

Contessa: "... The Path/Way..." (Before sicc'in Cauldron schemes on Dungeon Core.) :p

-

I'd rant on, in hype/memes. But it 'may' involve turning Etsuko (if I'm that schemy?) Into our "Core transporter?", or escalate into a hypothetical "let's halp Pact!" and totally not end up omnomin' a Demon (or get shenanigan'd into Pact's "Seal of Solomon" if trying to recruit delvers freely on the internet. Or ending up having an 'idea' to turn Etsuko into a Practitioner, in order to 'boost' us Dungeon further by promoting her to "Dungeon Master". :p)

And well, by that point, it'd mean escalating to writing omakes now, would it? ;)

27. Aoinfinity

Aoinfinity Unlimited blue works

So, looking at the first and third place options in the vote tally, I see they are identical except for the order of the line items. If these are tallied separately, we should take care in the future not to split any votes. It didn't matter this time though, since the first version edged out by one vote (although it'd have had double the votes if these were tallied together).

Bookeater likes this.
  28. Darik29

Darik29 Verified Delicious

Just found this, read it, loved it. Watching this intently now!

29. Pyritr

Pyritr Getting sticky.

I stumbled onto this site and saw this, and that prompted me to sign up. Very much looking forward to more.

30. Motakai

Motakai Getting out there.

Hey, this is pretty good! I look forwards to the next update!