1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The SFW image thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Biigoh, Mar 17, 2013.

Tags:
  1. fishbait08

fishbait08 I trust you know where the happy button is?

[​IMG]

1982 Datsun 280ZX

For the 1982 model years, Nissan gave the S130 a mid-cycle refresh. Externally, there were a number of styling tweaks, such as new wheels & taillights, while the decorative hood ducting, external trim, and bumpers were all revised. A number of minor tweaks were made to the interior as well, while an electronic voice warning system that would alert the driver to such things as leaving the lights on when exiting the vehicle, forgetting to release the parking brake when starting off, or leaving a door open was added to the option list.

However, the major changes were under the skin. A new power rack-and-pinion steering system became standard, which corrected many of the faults testers found with the earlier S130 steering, while on both naturally aspirated and turbo models, major revisions were made to the car's suspension, building upon the tweaks made to the suspension of the 1981 turbo models, which greatly improved the handling behavior. As a result of the suspension revisions, the exhaust had to be rerouted to exit from the left side of the car instead of the right side where it was on earlier models. The brakes were also improved over earlier models, correcting another issue testers uncovered with the S130, where the brakes would suffer from excessive fade during spirited driving.

Naturally aspirated 280ZX's also got a slight performance boost with the refresh, as the compression ratio of the engine was increased, bumping its output from 135 to 145 HP. (Turbo models remained unchanged under the hood.)

No further changes would be made during the S130 platform's production run.

pepperjack, Prince Charon and Imabot like this.
  2. Wootius

Wootius I trust you know where the happy button is?

3. fishbait08

4. Walkir

Walkir Super Happy Awesome Fun Time On Vacation

5. fishbait08

6. Fenrir

Fenrir Bites The Dust!

[​IMG]
    Behold the Caucasian Shepherd dog, also called the Russian Ovcharka. They were bred to hunt bears.

7. aabbcc

aabbcc Well worn.

Where they bred with bears?

8. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

No, but I doubt you're the first to make that joke. Some of them get even bigger, on the level of horses, if the pics I vaguely recall weren't faked.

Jamesson Locke and Winged One like this.
  9. fishbait08

[​IMG]

1984 Nissan 300ZX Turbo

The third-generation Z-car was introduced in the 1984 model year, with a more aerodynamic, wedge-like profile, following a general styling trend of the 1980s, and like its predecessor, was available in both 2-seat and 2+2 versions, with T-tops continuing to be an option.

This vehicle, known internally as the Z31 platform, was the same basic size as the preceding S130, and had the same basic suspension layout as well, but considerably developed for improved handling. Besides an improved suspension, another improvement was to the benefit of those poseurs who opted for a slushbox, who would get a new 4-speed overdrive automatic instead of the 3-speed non-overdrive transmissions used on the S30 and S130. (The manual transmission continued to be a license-built version of the Borg-Warner T5 introduced with the later 280ZX Turbos.)

However, the biggest change was under the hood. The old L-series straight-6 was retired, and in its place, a 3.0L SOHC V-6 (the first mass-produced Japanese V-6) was offered- North American buyers were offered a choice between a naturally aspirated version producing 160 HP and a turbocharged one making 200 HP. (European turbo Z-car buyers got a 240 HP motor, thanks to less restrictive emissions regulations which allowed freer-flowing exhausts and more aggressive camshafts to be used, while Japanese market buyers, still limited to turbocharged engines no larger than 2L by regulators could get a 2L version of the turbo V-6 producing up to 170 HP or a 2L DOHC turbocharged version of the RB-series L6 producing 212 HP.)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    Trilonias and Imabot like this.
  10. Fenrir

Fenrir Bites The Dust!

African swords are cool.
    [​IMG]

Noctum, Mistodon, pepperjack and 6 others like this.
  11. seeing_octarine

seeing_octarine Unverified Colour

I prefer the wooden obsidian tipped chainsaw *cough* macuahuitl from Mesoamerica.

[​IMG]

12. Fenrir

Fenrir Bites The Dust!

Those are great as well.

pepperjack likes this.
  13. Walkir

14. Vladicus

Vladicus Sage of reason and incomplete information

*COUGH COUGH* Barbarians, True Roman steel shall rule the world.

[​IMG]

15. aabbcc

aabbcc Well worn.

[​IMG]

pepperjack and Jamesson Locke like this.
  16. Vladicus

Vladicus Sage of reason and incomplete information

What abomination is that? Take the insult to all swords away from my eyes *hides*

[​IMG]

17. Solvakian

Solvakian Versed in the lewd.

[​IMG]
    Rydia & Titan - Final Fantasy IV

[​IMG]
    Majin Fina/Dark Fina - Final Fantasy - Brave Exvius

[​IMG]
    Ayaka - Final Fantasy Brave Exvius

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  18. Lucky-38

Lucky-38 On the house.

IIRC it doubles as a throwing weapon, and the design lets it hook around shields.

Also, there’s a number of different designs, and in some it’s far more obvious, but those pointy bits that stick out represent the wielders junk.

Prince Charon likes this.
  19. pepperjack

pepperjack A Variety of Cheese

Did a reverse Google image search as my first step in sourcing this thing, out of curiosity. This is what I got back:

Yeah, thanks Google. That's what it is. Good... good job.

20. Wootius

21. fishbait08

22. Wootius

23. Mistodon

Mistodon Invading the city of Alexandria

24. Walkir

25. JudgeKing

JudgeKing I trust you know where the happy button is?

Comet Empire - Gatlantis
    [​IMG]

D'waawwu, Mistodon, Trilonias and 6 others like this.
  26. fishbait08

[​IMG]

The owner of this E30 is evidently not a fan of the Old Dominion State, though one might wonder just how the Virginia DMV allowed that personalized plate request to slip through....

27. Wootius

28. Fenrir

Fenrir Bites The Dust!

29. fishbait08

[​IMG]

1988 Nissan 300ZX

Nissan's Z31 platform underwent a styling facelift across the 1986-87 model years. Things started off in 1986, when the cars recieved ground effects, small fender flares, and many trim pieces that had been black were now pained the same color as the body, while the turbo models lost their hoodscoop, but got larger (16") wheels. The styling refresh concluded with the 1987 models, which had new, more aerodynamic bumpers, and revised headlights, foglights, and taillights.

One further refinement to the Z31 came with the 1988 model year, where the cars got a slight boost in performance through a series of internal revisions to the 3.0L V-6, which bumped the output of both naturally aspirated and turbo models (which also got an improved turbo) by 5 HP each.

Prince Charon and Imabot like this.
  30. Walkir