1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Phrexia Unbound

Phrexia Unbound Oooh...that's good.

QQ is a special place, because there's a 50% chance you wouldn't see a sentence like this anywhere fucking else.

2. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

Now I'm just picturing the most British facial ever.

"Oh! I'm terribly sorry about this."

"Oh no, it's quite alright. I rather encouraged it didn't I?"

3. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Yeah, most places it'd be intentional.

Incidentally, it's considered cheating to use r/dwarffortress posts in r/nocontext, so it's probably also cheating to use it here, but there's nothing on this site that compares to the average day over there.

4. sidekek

sidekek Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

As someone who caught up to the story on a Kindle, not being able to see anything Grayven or SinestroRing said was annoying.
    I had to use english to english translation on every paragraph to know what was going on.

Obliviated fan and Silveraith like this.
  5. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Don't read too much into my statement.

Despite theoretically having access to far more information about the universe than we do, most people on Earth 16 are as ignorant as we are. Many know that Superman is a kryptonian, but only a handful would be able to point Rao out in the sky.
    The story posts relating to both are on SV, so...

6. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

That doesn't jive with what we actually know of the setting.

Even discounting Season 3.

kingkiller likes this.
  7. Maxx Crowley

I'm also highly amused that Zoat's moving is such an event that the new forum puts up an info banner about it.

And I still want to know what the conversation between the messenger angel and Hades was damn it.

8. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

*Random noises about the move.

Glad to be here to get my daily dose.

Zoat I shall eagerly wait for my next hit because I like where this one is going.

In regards to getting superpowers in exchange for my physical form the answer will almost always be a yes, so long the powerset is worth it.

Alexandercctv likes this.
  9. AsTheGlassMelts

AsTheGlassMelts Believe in me!

Well the only rules are 'forum common sense 1-7' and 'no politics 8' and with such an influx of new members they sort of have to address the fact that many won't know about the 'no politics' part of that, even if they follow the common sense rules. Though Zoat yoinked the mod post introducing that and put it at the front of the thread so that should probably be well dealt with.

mc2rpg and RichardWhereat like this.
  10. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

If it's Pauls intent to gather all the power rings and make a Life Power Ring, you think he'll get his weaponeer buddy to make him a red one that doesn't swap out the users blood for plasma?

11. RagnarokAscendant

RagnarokAscendant Exists

Following from SV, mostly because despite the fact I tend to disagree with Zoat at times, this story is still pretty darn good. I might not agree with his worldview but I can understand the reasoning.

Aeess, Norgarth, Grosstoad and 2 others like this.
  12. Maxx Crowley

I don't really remember him mentioning trying to collect them all. He did mention a white power ring during the whole mental simulation holy crap Kon and the rest of my team are dead exercise as a means to revive them. But other than that? I don't recall.

13. rkyeun

rkyeun Cabbitus Maximus

This was mostly fanstuff when we saw a bunch of ring colors and interludes in one-shot alternate dimensions. Most Pauls don't get more than one ring. But the fans speculated about dimension-hopping to collect them or something.

14. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Well yes, I thought that step was implied by the advice.

Would you be interested in the cross-posting tool?

That... would be, um... illegal. Willful trademark infringement. Please don't do that.

RichardWhereat likes this.
  15. rkyeun

rkyeun Cabbitus Maximus

If you want to avoid trademark infringement BUT ALSO stick it to them with a petty insinuation, you can make your mod policies and brand unambiguously distinct from theirs by registering www.significantveracity.com for only a few bucks.
    If you're at SignificantVeracity, nobody will confuse you for SufficientVelocity. :p

Mors, Legume, Obliviated fan and 3 others like this.
  16. RichardWhereat

You're right. This fanon has just stuck with me. Any time I bring it up, I'm corrected and remember all the other times, before that though, I keep reverting to the wtrfanon.

Ardy likes this.
  17. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

Only if they have a registered trademark, I suspect. Still possibly a bit too much of a dick move. OTOH he could probably register SpiceBottles.org, for the doubtless inevitable Dune crossover episode...

18. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Code:
    @namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("forum.questionablequesting.com") {
    span[style*="Transparent"], span[style*="transparent"] { color: inherit !important; background: #333;}
    }
    Here's a userscript for Stylish. Pretty easy to make by editing the SB version.

Sceptic and RichardWhereat like this.
  19. 9adam4

9adam4 No emotion, only "peace"

What categories of goods have SB registered under for trademark protection, and in which countries?

Or do you actually have no clue what you're talking about?

20. RichardWhereat

I would go with fanfiction.al

I know, we're not residents of Albania so we can't do it, but that's my domain name idea for the pot.

Obliviated fan and 9adam4 like this.
  21. AverusBlack

AverusBlack AKA Aisling

On a slightly unrelated note, how the hell do I change the stupid 'uh oh better hide your virginity' message under my name? It's stupid. That's stupid. I want it gone and can't find the setting. :mad:

EDIT: It's changed. It's one of those idiotic blurbs that changes as you post more, isn't it? Ugh.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  22. topin89

topin89 Virgin Centrist

I wouldn't gender bender for some random flashy power. Plasma charges and powerful muscles? Meh. Vigilantism in real world is illegal. Hell, in many superworlds it's still illegal, ask Spidermans.
    agelessness, precognition, invulnerability and many subtle but actually helpful things -- yes, without doubt. OK, with doubt, but yes anyway.

And for crossover material, it would be hilarious to use commercial hero idea from Tiger & Bunny/BNHA. Just imagine, "this robbery was prevented by Pepsiman". There was that old mafia guy who already made his hero training program, so why not. And conflict with traditional heroes. Unless there was already some obscure DC comics with corporate-sponsored hero. At this point I think there is everything in DC multiverses.

And I really like moderation here.
    Daniel K. English:
    I'm guessing you want to change the title under your username? You need to make a post on a topic first, I think. Then you go to "Personal Details" on your profile and edit the heading under your avatar.​

EDIT: I guess it's not that easy.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  23. RichardWhereat

Can't find where anything is,
    Don't know how to use it, or properly enjoy it?

Yeah, always like that your first time. With experience, you'll get there.

kjyl, Vorian, CTrees and 2 others like this.
  24. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Let's not derail too far along this line of thought because (1) it's not related to the story, and (2) I'm not sure where the line between "law" and "politics" falls. However, just to cap it off: At least in the US, a trademark does not need to be registered in order to be protected. You merely need to use it in a significant and visible way. Registration provides several benefits, but even without registration it's still illegal to capitalize on an intentionally-confusing mark. The "Significant Veracity" mark would be safe because there's no likelihood of confusion and it's clearly intended to be distinct from (and critical of) the "Sufficient Velocity" mark.

So please. Don't do it. It's one thing to get in a fight with the mods of SV. It's quite another to get in a fight with Perihelion Media Works, Ltd.

9adam4 and RichardWhereat like this.
  25. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

There's more you can do with Superpowers then just going around taking down criminals.

In the real world with even just the ones this guy got you could pretty easily leverage them into becoming a multi-millionaire, possibly even a multi-billionaire.

Alexandercctv and 9adam4 like this.
  26. 9adam4

You need to use it in commerce in a way that creates brand recognition among customers. And then you have to demonstrate that customers were confused, or would likely be confused, by the defendant's use of the mark.

I am gratified to see that you have some idea of what you are talking about, but hopefully by the same notion you also see that SB would have quite the uphill battle to demonstrate that they have a commercial reputation in their name that could be hijacked by another (free) forum.

Ardy likes this.
  27. rkyeun

rkyeun Cabbitus Maximus

In the real world, anyone who breaks physics casually makes billions renting himself as experimental data on how wrong we are about the fundamental laws of physics. CERN wants to know where that thermodynamic violation is coming from, because you absolutely did not just burn 40k eaten cheeseburgers to throw a lightning bolt from your fingertips.

Legume, Ardy, CrossyCross and 7 others like this.
  28. hance1986

hance1986 A pitiful excuse for a man.

should be ' things '

And I followed you from Spacebattles. I followed you from Sufficient Velocity... I assume you know my level of dedication to this story.

29. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

You can change it in your profile preferences.

Prince Charon and RichardWhereat like this.
  30. 9adam4

I mean, the answer is clearly that the energy is taken from the spin-3/2 invariant fermion gauge field.

But yeah, physicists here would definitely pay to figure that out.