1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

So NISA just revealed at a panel that they brought in a chunk of XSeed’s former localization team to work on Cold Steel 3. Brittany Avery and Kris Knigge are back on the job. That ought to calm the nay-sayers down a bit.

Deathwings and Lady Vanatos like this.
  2. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

THE GAME'S DOOOOOOOMMMMMMED!

I could not resist. I apologize.

daimahou likes this.
  3. Lady Vanatos

Lady Vanatos Cancer of Society

My boss fight attempt against Malos in the Xenoblade 2 expansion

4. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

For anyone wanting to try out a new game, I'll go out and suggest CrossCode, available on Steam. Got interested in it after hearing about it, bought it and it's been pretty good so far.

Edit: Right, forgot to add, but there's also a free demo available.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    Lady Vanatos and CptTagon like this.
  5. CptTagon

CptTagon Prolific Writer

I'll second this. It's a lot longer then I thought it would be (36 hrs. and I'm maybe 75% of the way through). Several different environments, and pretty good writing.

Lady Vanatos likes this.
  6. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Oh yeah, guess I shouldn't be lazy about it and include a trailer.

Lady Vanatos likes this.
  7. Dakkaface

Dakkaface Magical Defender of Justice

4kids.

aabbcc and korat56 like this.
  8. korat56

korat56 Well worn.

It's Nisa so its not that much different from 4kids.

9. Lady Vanatos

10. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

I have no fucks to give. Any translation is still better than no translation.

Lady Vanatos likes this.
  11. Phen0m20

Phen0m20 Not too sore, are you?

So, uh...
    I was moseying about the mall yesterday, found this and was all like "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!"

[​IMG]

wasprider and daimahou like this.
  12. BrokenAscendent

BrokenAscendent Filthy Heretic Moderator

Did you get a wheeler or something?

Cause those things be heavy

Aaron Fox likes this.
  13. RandytheBlackKnight

RandytheBlackKnight That guy who sometimes does the things.

So played RWBY grim eclipse with Kyoki the other day, and I have to say, as far as multiplayer wave based beat em ups go it's an okay experience, not the greatest but a far cry from what it was when I first got it in release.

14. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Oh yeah, those.

I admit I saw some on my own side and while it was tempting, I don't exactly have a place for it.

If they ever sell Time Crisis home arcade machines however, I would sure as fuck be over it.

15. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Some more updates on Trails of Cold Steel 3.

https://www.esterior.net/2019/02/nis-america-at-pax-south-and-trails-of-cold-steel-iii/

This is the panel at PAX South earlier this month where NISA announced that they were bringing the old XSEED freelancers on board to assist with the translation process. The author was apparently able to get a face-to-face session with Travis Shrodes, NISA's marketing manager, and ask some additional questions. Some interesting information here:

16. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

A company actually learning from their mistake ? When did I step into the Twilight Zone ? :p

17. korat56

korat56 Well worn.

It's Nisa don't get you hopes up, If they were going to learn they would have after the ar tonelico mess.

18. korat56

korat56 Well worn.

19. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

I'm more interested in hoping she feels better than in wondering what impact this will have on the game if it's all the same to you. Tuberculosis is pretty serious as diseases go.

Also never have gotten the hate for NISA, they've never produced a bad translation that I've ever noticed, and I played Ar Tonelico.

OverReactionGuy and Teln like this.
  20. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Less than two weeks before Death End Re;Quest comes out in english. New trailer for it too.

Honestly, even if Sony deserves fuck all, I may get it anyway on PS4 if it's really uncensored as declared. It may very well be my last purchase on a PS4 too.

Lady Vanatos likes this.
  21. OverReactionGuy

BTW warframe is on the switch and you don't need nintendo online to play it. Been trying it out.

I don't join parties because I'm still getting used to the controllers though, wishing I had a pro controller, and thus suck.

Like my accuracy goes down to 30% suck.

-edit-

Funner than I thought it would be even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  22. Lady Vanatos

The Devil May Cry 5 demo is out. Give it try.
    (Sorry about the resolution. I tried for literal hours to fix it. Have no idea how to do so.)

23. OverReactionGuy

Man, warframe runs really well on the switch in handheld mode. That was fun.

Lady Vanatos likes this.
  24. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

Last week, I had the bright idea to get back into Titan Quest and check out the AE+Ragnarok content for the first time by doing an achievement run. "I have minions for that" requires the player to finish Normal difficulty with less than 100 kills. The first level-up requires ~20 kills, which is easily achievable in the first area, and IIRC there are about 12K mobs on the original map - dunno about R content - so this is really a test of how well you can play a petmancer build. (When one of your pets kills something, it doesn't count as yours, but you still get the EXP.)

I'm not doing that.

...Well, I am doing that, because that's the only non-cheese way to earn the achievement (joining an endgame MP campaign with a starting character is a way to cheese many achievements, especially the 20hr all-three-difficulties speedrun), but I'm not playing vanilla.

XMax is an old mod that overwrites the single-player map with one of many multiplayer versions, with anywhere from +50% more mobs (x1.5) to x2, x3, x6, x10, or simply xMax. I'm playing that last one. Everything beyond 1.5 also multiplies the number of bosses per instance up to a cap of three: the Gorgon Sisters, the first boss that's actually a challenge, is that because you have to fight all three at once, and kiting away one at a time was patched out for AE... but in x3 and above, the original set of three is joined by two more sets of three, so you fight nine boss-tier Gorgons at once. That was almost a dozen bosses ago. The number of regular mobs onscreen, in a fresh part of the map, is almost always over a dozen and (with certain spawn points) at least four times that. In some locations, there were so many mobs that my pets wouldn't slow down with the slaying and pulled me around too quickly to loot stuff until the place was completely clear. On the bright side, all those extra mobs and bosses translate directly into extra loot and EXP, so I'm about ten levels higher than where I'd be without the mod. (38 vs. 28, with a total level cap of 85)

The real trouble is that pet scaling was always weird. After you hit the skill cap for each one, they're stuck with a flat DPS and health, ignoring item/skill/aura bonuses, until a) the boss I beat at the end of tonight's session (the halfway point of Act 3) gives a permanent +100% health to all pets, and b) you beat Normal and enable the difficulty bonuses for pets (massive boosts to DPS, health, and resistances, even as the PC gets difficulty-based resistance debuffs). That second condition is completely irrelevant for an achievement that only lasts to the end of Normal. Worse, Act 4 of Normal - Act 5 was added in R so I don't even know what it's like - is actually harder than Act 1 of Epic. It's the hardest part of any petmancer run, even before you do it in XMax Full. Which I'm going to keep active until the end, even though the most common current mobs (Neanderthals) are in such extreme numbers that I've started kiting smaller groups away just so I don't have to heal my (expendable) pets as often. Fighting three of the base game's final boss (end of Act 3) is going to be even worse, before I can afford to even think about the end-of-Act-4 mobs and IT final boss, or the Act 5 content that follows.

TL;DR: When playing Titan Quest XMax, don't build a petmancer. It's nuts.

GoodMonday likes this.
  25. OverMaster

OverMaster Well worn.

They're making a Kill La Kill fighting game. This is... unexpected, but I can't tell No to something with lovely homicidal Nui-chan in it.

Teln likes this.
  26. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

An intro to some basics for Death End Re;Quest. Strange there is no NA version, but same thing anyway.

Streamers seems to already have the game. Gotta avoid spoiling myself, but I guess I can confirm early the lack of censorship.

korat56 likes this.
  27. korat56

korat56 Well worn.

Looks good but i will wait for a pc release.

28. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

I can understand. But I love the setting too much myself to want to wait further and hey, if there's no censorship, gotta encourage what they manage to do right.

korat56 likes this.
  29. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

The new direct was today people!

Melmar likes this.
  30. OverReactionGuy

That super mario maker thing at the beginning wasn't accurate. They're missing all the troll levels and hidden blocks. :p

-edit-

Also fuck yeah, the Joker is coming near the end of April.

LazerRaptor likes this.