1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Munchkin Ninja [Naruto, SI]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Bool1989, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Bool1989

Bool1989 The Cat that was Promised

If you was hoping other wise, this is not going to be a creepy pedophile fic!

2. Galler

Galler Not too sore, are you?

It's good to see the SI using some creativity in his attempts to find the root anbu.

Considering the Anbu left so quickly I would assume that he knows he was made, this will probably make Danzo want the SI even more.

kinglugia, Bool1989 and Navi-Hank like this.
  3. Akuma-Heika

Akuma-Heika The Devil Exists Within

Thank God.

4. Edifier

Edifier Trusted within thoughts.

Most naruto fanfiction writers forget that it's a shounen anime and turn it into a seinen horror or thriller or something deathworld or whatnot. No saving princesses and ending dastardly plots for them.
    Tho dem tragic back stories, like every character had one of those batman parents killed scenes... Except Sakura, pretty sure she had no issues whatsoever.

Light Yagamis security system - from death note? Kazuto is the best! Tho the graphite thing, I don't recall the last addition being used there. Mhmm. He improved it?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    kinglugia, DarkthShadow and kabs like this.
  5. Bool1989

No, Light Yagami used it. you should go back and read the manga/ watch the episode.

The anime is on netflix, if you have it.

kinglugia, kabs and Edifier like this.
  6. awkane

awkane Making the rounds.

He kinda did I think, remember his two lieutenants is Yamanaka dude and the other is an Aburame with special insects. Though to be fair I don't know how he managed to recruit them.

Sceptic likes this.
  7. Bool1989

Probably not as kids.

kabs likes this.
  8. Bool1989

Ah, didn't see this earlier.

Yeah, I think you will see a lot of things in this fic that you won't see anywhere else in Naruto Fanfiction.

That will come later, tho

Navi-Hank likes this.
  9. Tired

Tired Versed in the lewd.

I don't like fics where the SI gets into the spotlight of powerful factions at the first ten chapters but I will continue to read this just for you. But this type of fics are starting to become a cliche. When I read marvel fic like this, MC does something and Shield or Hydra immediately gets notice of the MC. Next chapter? Hello Mr. MC sir, My name is Agent Coulson. Can you answer few questions for us?

kinglugia, AshCrow, Edifier and 2 others like this.
  10. kabs

kabs I like well thought out, inspiring stories. Gone for Good

So why didn't the Anbu leave when the door was first opened? Or through the window?

i assume Danzo has Root look through the boarding orphanage every year for promising kids to put in a 'special program'?

Navi-Hank likes this.
  11. Yinko

Yinko Versed in the lewd.

Why would anyone in their right mind get close to something like Naruto Uzumaki? The only possible justification is that by manipulating him into considering you one of his "precious people" you can gain the aid of a future powerhouse. There are however a few major errors with this idea, mainly that he was not introduced to that idea until Haku ingrained it into his orkishly thick skull with his own suicide, and there is no guarantee that Naruto will ever become all that powerful once you interfere with his life, what with the butterfly affect.

Salazar likes this.
  12. awkane

awkane Making the rounds.

Naruto is a completely lonely kid, be his friend and he will treat you like you are his brother for life look how far he went for someone like Sasuke, besides even if canon doesn't go normal you just need to teach kage bushings and it's "secret" to Naruto and he will cheat his way to be overpowered, in three weeks he managed to do rasenshuriken the Pinnacle of chakra nature, something that would take a jounin years to develop, imagine Naruto training like that since he was 13y or sooner.

I honestly hate that kishimoto came with this idea because it makes ppl like Kakashi and Jiraya idiots for not coming with it sooner, if he were to train like that since the day he first learned kage bushin there would be not plot because he would curbstomp anyone in his path

Salazar likes this.
  13. Tasoli

Tasoli Keyboard Warrior

Heterosexual life partners actually. ;)

As a Tabletop game than tragic backstory was 5pt flaw that had no bearing on the game so everybody took it. Sakuras player was a noob tou so she didn't and that is why she was never able catch up to Naruto and Sasuke.

14. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

He's high enough profile that Danzo might hesitate to disappear you without a compelling reason.

Salazar likes this.
  15. Yinko

Yinko Versed in the lewd.

Danzo disappeared an Aburame with the unique ability to use microscopic bugs, a Yamanaka, and he recruited Kakashi, Itachi, Shisui and Orochimaru before exterminating the Uchiha clan and ordering Orochimaru to engage in human experiments on children. I really don't think he gives the slightest of fucks.

16. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

Compelling reasons. He's not disappearing a bunch of high profile nobodies there.

17. Bool1989

We don't know that he disappeared an Aburame and a Yamanaka. I once read a fic where those clans chose to work with Danzo for Mutual benefit, and as far as I know, there are no details as to how that Aburame and that Yamanaka came to work for Danzo.

willsmith likes this.
  18. wigg55

wigg55 Not too sore, are you?

The problem with Danzo is that hes somehow very competent offscreen and 10/10 stupid evil onscreen. AKA a convenient scapegoat to show how not-evil Konoha is and how its all just Danzo's fault. Remove him and its all rainbow's and friendship. Instant justification for how Konoha is really the hero-faction.

For him to be a compelling character you need a healthy dose of AU tossed his way.

Good stuff so far tho, keep it coming.

Salazar, willsmith, kinglugia and 4 others like this.
  19. CrazyGuy

CrazyGuy Sanity is for the weak

Realy liking this thus far, it’s actually quite hard to find a Naruto SI that isn’t in a clan have some ability ect, I just want to see a normal ninja with the mind of some one who knows what’s possible, knows how to maximise the advantages that they have and make use of all the op stuff that normal ninja have access to but never take advantage of out of ignorance or laziness

good job, keep it up

Salazar and Bool1989 like this.
  20. Felius

Felius Experienced.

It's probably good training for when you are a ninja. Too much modesty in the field is likely to get someone killed while trying to get some privacy. :p

21. Selias

Selias Well worn.

https://naruto.fandom.com/wiki/Torune_Aburame

He was basically the adopted brother of the clan head's son. Though, this is before the Uchiha Clan Massacre, so Sarutobi hasn't ordered that Root be disbanded yet. As such, it's less "disappeared" and more "recruited."

willsmith, kinglugia, AshCrow and 2 others like this.
  22. Bool1989

Yeah, i'm pretty sure that just disappearing a clan member is pretty hard to do, particularly if that clan likes that clan member.

It seems that the Aburame clan didn't like Torune that much, for some reason.

AshCrow and Navi-Hank like this.
  23. Selias

Selias Well worn.

https://naruto.fandom.com/wiki/Fū_Yamanaka
    Sounds more like Danzo has the right to recruit anyone that he wants, maybe? Or more likely, maybe the clans don't have the right to disallow their members from joining?

kinglugia, AshCrow and Navi-Hank like this.
  24. Bool1989

I suspect it has to be a politics thing. Fu was just one child out of many in the clan. Maybe if Danzo was trying to recruit a clan hair to the headship, they might exert more political pressure to stop that from happening, but for your regular members, it's not as much of a deal, particularly if they are just asked to join, instead of forcibly recruited.

Besides, Fu knew a lot of his own clan techniques, so it was likely he still had contact with his clan.

caspian1a and Navi-Hank like this.
  25. transhumansage

transhumansage Versed in the lewd.

is this on hiatus

26. Bool1989

No, i will update eventually.

caspian1a and the guy like this.
  27. Grimmouse197

Grimmouse197 Experienced.

Podgy......lol

28. Threadmarks: An Early Start 1.4
    Bool1989

We walked casually though the streets of Konoha, Naruto cheerfully chattering away about his day, while I only payed half-attention. I could still feel the ninja, just the barest trace of him. They weren’t directly behind us, instead they were walking besides us, on the roof tops of nearby buildings, on Naruto’s side.

I fought to remain calm, my mind racing as I considered the possibilities.

Far as I could see, the root ninja was there for two possible reasons: it was either a routine intelligence gathering mission, or they were scoping me out as a possible recruit.

If it was the former, it probably wasn’t a big deal. My notes and journal weren’t actually kept in my room, as I had the foresight to store them in a rusted mailbox that I kept in an old part of the sewer I had found when I was five. The sewer itself was old and hadn’t actually been used for quite a few years. Didn’t help with the smell, though.

If it was the latter, that was more concerning.

A year after I had woken up to this reality, after I had managed to leave the acid trip behind, it hadn’t taken me long to figure out where I was. The Hokage monument was pretty prominent from everywhere in Konoha, actually, so you couldn’t really miss it unless you were blind.

Once I had figured that out, I decided to write down everything I knew about the Naruto universe. Locating a notebook and pen wasn’t that hard, the orphanage had an office after all. It was when I was writing everything down that I remembered Danzo.

Danzo and his Root Anbu. While it was never explicitly stated how Danzo recruited members for his Root Anbu (At least, as far as I was aware), most of the members appeared to have grown up in Root in the series. That implied that Danzo most likely recruited them at a young age.

I didn’t know exactly how Danzo recruited them, but it stood to reason that it wasn’t just anyone who was a viable candidate. Danzo struck me as a person who wanted only the very best and brightest for his Root, so he wouldn’t pick up an average child on the streets. No, he would target children that were regularly observed and could be analyzed for potential candidacy, yet wouldn’t be missed if they disappeared. In other words, children from orphanages.

It wouldn’t be that hard to pay off the staff of an orphanage (they probably didn’t have particularly big pay-cheques), and it wouldn’t be that hard to slip some people in there to keep an eye on the children (more staff that you didn’t have to pay for), perhaps even test them for intelligence and strength (playing games with them).

And so it was with that conclusion in mind that I resolved to hide my advanced mental state, and any leg ups I might gain as a result of training early. In addition, it didn’t take me long to figure out which of the children in my orphanage were the most likely to be targeted, so I kept a close eye on them to see if they would disappear as time passed.

But as the months passed, there didn’t appear to be any changes or disappearances. The children I had identified didn’t seem to be gone the next morning, or the next, or the next, even though they displayed remarkable intelligence, and a few were much larger and stronger than others.

I even kept an eye on the staff, looking to see if any of them played with the children, or missed one of their scheduled work days, but none of them did, save for those that were visibly sick.

And so a few years passed, and the day came that Naruto and I signed up for Ninja school and moved into the boarding house, and not a single child disappeared from the orphanage overnight, and I resigned myself to the idea that my conclusions must have been wrong. Danzo probably recruited members for his Root at a different age, which was the next conclusion I had come to, and now that I thought about it, it made sense.

It probably wasn’t just enough for a child to display intelligence or strength. All the intelligence and strength in the world wouldn’t do you much good if you sucked at being a ninja, and that was what ninja school was all about, weeding out those who were bad at being a ninja.

So the question was… why would they be scouting me out as a recruit so early?

“Hey, are you even paying attention to me?” asked Naruto irritably, jerking my shirt.

I blinked, looking over at him. “Sorry, Naruto, I was just deep in thought.”

“Huh?” he cocked his head. “What about?”

“Some freak broke into my room,” I said quietly. “I didn’t notice anything missing, but still. It’s kind of disturbing that someone could just break in without much effort. I didn’t notice the door being forced, so they must have had a key. I will have to report this to the dean.”

“Oh, I forgot about that,” Naruto replied, looking up in thought. “So you think someone stole a key to break into your room? Why would they do that?”

“That’s what I've been asking myself,” I said, looking down the road. We were close to Ichiraku Ramen. “Look, we’re here.”

After we had sat down and ordered our usuals (miso ramen for Naruto, chicken ramen for me), I turned to look at Naruto. If I was honest with myself, I didn’t really like Naruto that much. Honestly, he was a good kid, but was too hyperactive and had too much of a fondness for pranks for my taste. I had befriended him for one reason, and one reason only: his closeness to the Hokage, a relationship that I hoped to use to my advantage.

If I was forcibly recruited into Danzo’s Root, Naruto was my ticket out. He could and would go to the Hokage if his one and only friend were to disappear suddenly overnight, and the Hokage, knowing that I was Naruto’s one and only friend, would spring me out of Root out of sympathy for Naruto.

However, I would rather avoid the whole kidnapping spiel if I could, so I would have to act now, while the Root ninja was in earshot. As a matter of fact, I could feel him on the roof of Ichiraku Ramen now, so he could hear us loud and clear right now.

“So,” I started after finishing my bowl. “I have to admit that this whole breaking and entering thing has me a bit worried.”

“How so?” asked Naruto after he slurped up some ramen from his second bowl.

“Well, I think who ever did it was probably looking for information on me,” I said carefully. “Do you remember what the caretakers at the orphanage said about children who run off on their own, leaving the orphanage?”

Naruto shuddered. Everyone who had lived at the orphanage remembered that story, about how children who ran off would inevitably end up at the red light district, forced into sex work. It was a story told with graphic detail, and meant to scare the children into staying at the orphanage.

“You think that… that someone wants to take you there?” asked Naruto with a wince.

“Maybe,” I said quietly. “And if they got a key from the dean’s office, the dean may be in on it.”

Naruto gave me a look of horror. “If that’s true, we should tell the old man!”

“We can’t know for sure, Naruto,” I replied, waving my hand. “At the moment, all it is is a theory. But if it is the case, we should prepare for the worst.”

Naruto nodded and gave me a serious. “How?”

“If one of us disappears, the other goes to the Hokage,” I replied. “He will be able to sort this out.”

Not that anyone would dare try and steal Naruto, but still.

“Yeah, the old man can do anything!” Naruto smiled, before frowning. “but I hope he doesn’t have to.”

“Me either, Naruto,” I replied. “Me either.”

After that we lapsed into silence, and I waited while Naruto finished his third bowl, before paying. Then we got up and began to walk back to the boarding house.

“Naruto, why don’t you go on ahead,” I said after we were about two thirds of the way back. I sat down on a nearby bench. “I want to stay out a bit longer.”

“Ok!” Naruto chirped. “See you tomorrow, Kazuto.”

“See you,” I replied, before turning to look down the road in the other direction. The Ninja was still following us. I wondered why the ninja hadn’t gone back to report to Danzo.

As the ninja grew closer, I wondered if they were going to ignore my heavy handed advice and actually kidnap me. If that was the case, I would rather Naruto not be here, as he could get hurt.

As the Ninja rounded a corner and came within visible range, I realized that it was no longer concealing itself from sight, and next moment, I realized who it was.

It was Toyokuni, the kid who had offered to play with me this morning.

29. Bool1989

What do you guys think about the chapter?

30. Cain2266

Cain2266 Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Plot twist, kabuto (mc) is going to end up as Kabuto Yakushi (orochimarus right hand man, and this is his early life when he was inducted into root. But hey, that’s just a theory, a G̶ ̶A̶ ̶M̶ ̶E̶ F A N F I C THEORY.