1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Into the Fire - Daenerys GOT ASOIAF SI

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by abyss_kaiser, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Threadmarks: Chapter 1
    abyss_kaiser

abyss_kaiser Ruler of the Darkest Depths

Into the Fire – Daenerys ASOIAF SI

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

CRACK!

A deep echo of thunder drummed through the unimaginably thick walls of Dragonstone. Howling winds tore through any non-glass windows and ceramic tiles from far below in the hamlets around the keep shattered against it’s unassailable walls.

Water flooded through the halls from entrances on the towers and parapets, and servants hurriedly attempted to assuage the damage even as knights and soldiers of all kinds swept passed them barking orders.

Deep in the ancient keep, far from the affects of the water and wind huddled the remains of the royal family who built the megalithic keep. Wails from Rhaella, the widow queen of Westeros, pealed from the chamber and the wet-nurses tried to keep her going through her labor.

Eventually with another deep thud of thunder from far above she gasped, and a wet-nurse cried out.
    “It’s a girl Milady!” She cried, raising the still uncleaned newborn.

Her cries soon replaced Rhaella’s, and the mother looked over her child weakly.

“Bring her to me.” The wet-nurse nodded, quickly wiping off most the residue before handing the babe over.

She had a tuft of pure silver hair, and when she opened her eyes they were a vibrant purple.

“Her name shall be Daenerys.”

O-o-o-o-oo-o-o-o-o-o-oo-o-o-o-o

The ship shuddered as it hit a particularly difficult squall.

Viserys tightened his grip on the railing as he released his stomach’s contents over the side of the vessel, and sailors passed by him as they tended to the rigging.

Eventually, his stomach sufficiently empty, the exiled prince made his way back into the cabin which hosted his minuscule retinue.

There, in a bundle of silken sheets, was his sister who, ever so quiet after they had escaped from Dragonstone, simply looked up at him with her eerily attentive eyes.

“Little Sentinel you are, aren't you.” Viserys rasped, before chuckling and sitting down next to her.

Thankfully she seemed to have no issue with the sea, and barring the soiling of her diaper cloth caused no issue, that easily dealt with by one of their few retainers who had fled the castle with them.

“Braavos on the horizon!”

The prince’s head shot up, before he scrambled up to go take his first sight of land in weeks.

The infant in the basket simply sighed and closed her eyes, instantly falling to sleep.

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o—o-o-o-o-o-o--o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

A/N – So this is my attempt as a GOT/ASOIAF SI. I’ve had a Daenerys one planned for a long time, but I wanted to do it some justice. If you follow any of my other stories, sorry, but this is the one that’s flowing at the moment.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  2. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Well, I am always wanting to read more of your stuff. Admittedly I was thinking of your MCU stuff, but am more than happy to read more asoiaf. Especially when it includes the schadenfreude of a guy in a gals body. Here's hoping you fuck canon.

EJ Maybe Writer likes this.
  3. abyss_kaiser

i breifly thought of whether i'd be able to handle Drogo, then slapped myself.
    CANON IS OUT THE WINDOW!
    though i will be taking advantage of foreknowledge, of course.

4. Threadmarks: Chapter 2
    abyss_kaiser

o-o-o-o-o-o-

Willem Darry sighed as he signed off on the purchase of an almost comically small, but luxurious enough, house.

The Banker took the contract from him and nodded in satisfaction.

“Everything looks to order, it is a pleasure to perform business with you.”

Willem nodded to the stone-faced banker and made his way back to the docks.

Braavos was a city foreign to his Westerosi senses. Smallfolk the lot of them, yet varying wildly in wealth and status, with districts far more mixed together than was proper back in the Kingdoms.

The stink of the canals assaulted his senses everywhere he turned, yet for such a huge city that was the worst of it. He’d call it a welcome reprieve from King’s landing if it weren't for the circumstances that led to him being there.

Shaking his retrospection away, he finished his trek back to the ship.

Already some of the Iron Bank officials had gathered, though they were simply stood to the side, looking at their fine ship and likely counting it’s worth in their heads, wondering if they’d received a good deal.

‘Treacherous Essosi’ He thought, he was a knight, honor was his core. Not that he'd expect them to understand such a thing.

He spotted the “King” looking over the railing.

“My King!” He shouted up to him, making the young boy jump up.

“Ser Darry! What have you to tell me?”

Willem sighed, not looking forward to the exchange he knew would come once his King fully realized their situation.

Patting the hull of the ship, he pointed into the city.

“I have secured a small estate for our continued survival, the ship has been sold for the initial purchase, and the treasure should last for most our lives if need be for city taxes”

Viserys puffed up, and cutting him off Willem splayed his hands.

“No matter our next course of action my liege, we need a base of operation, and castles are hard to come by in Essos.”

All around them the last few retainers that had stuck with the princ-king, the king, were already unloading the cargo of the ship.

Some lower workmen from the bank came with wagons to carry their things, Darry didn't trust their vaults in their weakened position, but he did trust their business, and soon enough they were off to the house, marked conveniently in a merchant heavy area with a bright red door.

Willem himself carried the Crown Princess in his arms, trusting no-one else to protect her fragile body. As they marched through the city, he eventually felt a pull on his beard.

Looking down, he chuckled at the serious look, uncharacteristic for a babe, on Daenerys’ face.

“If nothing else, I'll keep you safe.”

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

Next chapter will be much longer, no worry. Time for a timeskip!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  5. RichardWhereat

Yeah, a 14 year old girl handling a 30 something year old Uberrapist and warlord does seem a bit far fetched.

There's always the Pact of Ice and Fire if you want protection from Robert by being married to his best mates son.

Hell, with foreknowledge you don't even need the dragons, the dragons were never actually necessary to winning the war against the Others. They just became necessary due to the war of five kings decimating mortal armies and unity. Pity that you don't also have a Dresden.

6. abyss_kaiser

but dragons are kewl!
    seriously though, they would play a far less integral role in any future i can think up... or an even more integral role.
    all depends on whether or not i can get my hands on dragon eggs still.

7. MadGreenSon

MadGreenSon Verified Devil Tiger, The Childish Yandere

That is the trick. Those babies ain't exactly thick on the ground.

Well, maybe they are in Asshai, but no one wants to go there if they can help it. It's a terrible place.

8. RichardWhereat

That, and Martin said the fire thing was a one off due to circumstances. Not exactly something you'd want to try repeating.

Honestly though, they were beaten off by armies in bronze. They could be beaten off by unified armies in steel, who're prepared for them, with dragonglass, valyrian steel, and fire arrows, prepared behind a solid magic ice wall. The real trick is getting to that point.

KenNM and Corvus 501 like this.
  9. abyss_kaiser

Going with show in this case, she's immune to fire. that includes sunburn and heatstroke, she can freeze.
    Just... i need this in my life, also the story falls apart without it so meh.

10. RichardWhereat

Eh, it's not the worst change. Certainly not enough to call it AU.

11. MadGreenSon

Agreed. It the kind of thing that can really come in handy when it's relevant, but isn't the solution for the day to day stuff unless you're completely insane.

fireball900 and RichardWhereat like this.
  12. abyss_kaiser

also, it seems that whenever Death gives us "word of god" it's a severe disappointment. he's stated gunpowder wouldn't work for whatever reason.
    In the end, i choose to ignore any form of word of god for asoiaf

fireball900 likes this.
  13. MadGreenSon

IMO gunpowder doesn't work in ASOIAF fanfiction. Not in the sense of worldbuilding or whatever, but that every fic I've seen with gunpowder in it has been a pile of shit.

14. abyss_kaiser

let me think here......
    yeah, i think wearing robert's crown was pretty good, at the very least, though it may be the exception.
    Either way, gunpowder is realistically too huge a change to make in the, what, twentyish years i have? if anything it'll be mentioned after the main story.
    the first thing it could be used for is mining, though of course that requires i own mines >.>

ShadowStepper1300 likes this.
  15. MadGreenSon

Admittedly, part of the reason I'm sour on people easily introducing gunpowder is that I personally have made some/tried to and I'm terrible at it. Without pure, bought at a chemical supply house grade, ingredients I find it damn near impossible to make anything worthwhile. I literally had an easier time making a compound bow from scratch than I did making a useable handgonne. And that bow was a stone bitch to make.

16. abyss_kaiser

yes, but you are one person. meanwhile most SIs have a array of options to offload experimentation onto. A research team can get much more done than one person.

Prince Charon likes this.
  17. MadGreenSon

How often do you see that happen though? It's usually "I'll just mix up some gunpowder and blow up my problems!" as if it were that easy.

18. abyss_kaiser

and that's why they are shit stories. I have some ideas for technological innovation, but most of them will either be simple enough for anybody to tinker up, or ideas will be given to the closest expert in the field that best applies to the innovation. i like a slight dose of realism in my stories.
    Like for example, finding an alchemist to give the formulae for gunpowder to and have them improve upon it to hopefully get something better than base black powder, or a wine maker and blacksmith pair to get working together to come up with a distillery. Etc.

btw, why does almost all the asoiaf SIs i've read(that make tech) make a distillery of some form? is the knowledge of making liqueur really that widespread, or are they just a bunch of lushes?

19. MadGreenSon

A surprising number of people actually do know a thing or two about making liquor. Hell, I do it myself. Got some whiskey aging in small wooden barrels, in fact.

It's also a trope that started in a very old novel that had a modern(ish) guy go back in time from 1930s Italy to 6th Century Rome, one of the first things he did was set up a business distilling brandy to make money. The book was called Lest Darkness Fall and it actually has a lot of the cliches of uplift fics in it and may be the originator of a few.

20. RichardWhereat

No. He said it wouldn't appear in his stories. It's only in the world of Eorth, of Greyhawk from d&d, that gunpowder outright doesn't work. People keep making this mistake.

Can't speak for everyone, but in year 10 chemistry it was a year long class project to make kerosene from coal, learning about distillery in the process. Then later my uncle taught me how to brew beer, and later I learned to make whiskey on ly own.

But I am not a lush. I barely touch alcohol these days. I smoke weed.

21. abyss_kaiser

i suppose the liquor thing is more a southern thing then, leftover tradition from prohibition i guess? meh, my body's a temple (mostly because i find the idea of anything altering my mind to be terrifying), but to each their own.
    i'd have loved a project to turn coal into kerosene, applied science is always the most interesting.

I'll have to check out this book, is it on kindle? (begins googling)

EDIT: i'm still going to ignore word of god on principle, either make such a thing very clear in story/in show, or dont say anything. though that does lead to my stories rambling a bit, but still!

22. Threadmarks: Chapter 3
    abyss_kaiser

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

“Damnit!” Viserys cried, slamming a fist into outer door of the latest wealthy merchant he had begged, begged, for aid against the Usurper.

Ser Darry stood just behind him just like every other time, splendid gilded armor replaced by worn grey plate but still just as solid, the only truly worthy man in the entire damned world by his measure, even if it seemed he got weaker with age every day.

Shaking his head furiously, Viserys sucked in a breath before wiping his forehead.

“I grow tired of this Ser Darry. Let’s go… home, for now.”

The knight simply nodded, and they made their way to a conveniently placed boat station. The water carriages were always present to rake in business.

Tossing a copper piece the boatman’s way, Viserys collapsed into his hard wooden bench as the boatman began to whistle and row.

‘Great, a jolly one’

After a few minutes, Viserys sighed and looked to Darry.

“How has Daenerys been taking to her lessons?” He said, voice tinged with bitterness.

Darry though, visibly brightened in expression without nary a change in look.

“She still retains her exemplary progress. Already she is outpacing any tutors we can hire. It’s as if the gods themselves have blessed her mind.”

Viserys just smiled bitterly.

‘Of course, the perfect princess to help lead a realm, wasted in this cesspool’

As his leg shook with anxiousness, an idea slowly formed in his mind.

He mulled it over for the rest of the boat ride, and when they exited at their district he crossed his arms and turned to Darry.

“How would one contact the Golden Company?

o-o—o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

I’m 3 now.

I’m 3 years old in a medieval (well, here renaissance-ish) era world where a cold could still easily knock me dead.

At least I can walk and use my hands properly. The first year I was… reborn, had been sanity rending as my normally high input mind was starved of any form of entertainment, or even just anything to do.

Even my well earned freak-out had worn off quickly, not even halfway through the journey across the sea.

Still, I think I've well adjusted to my new life. Since we still had our remaining wealth life wasn't too hard, and books, while expensive, were well within our budget.

Paper too, which was damn good for the sudden investment I've been putting into my art. But at the moment I was using it for something else.

Ignoring my current nanny as she called for me to go eat I finished penning a design on a piece of rough parchment (I saved the finer stuff for finished work), carefully looking it over as the ink dried and trying to find any flaw in my design.

Hrm, no, should be a simple enough thing, just the initial expense would be hard to justify. Maybe make a smaller test model to show it off first?

After the ink was dried, I stored the design away and sighed at my current lack of ability to perform any form of heavy lifting. I was three and a girl besides.

I stood up from my well used leather padded chair and made my way downstairs to eat my “favorite” meal of beans, rice, a small strip of red meat, smells like beef today, with a varying side of vegetables and a cup of mostly fresh milk.

I actually despised most vegetables, felt milk should only be drank with pancakes and pb&j sandwiches, and only liked beans on occasion. But I'll be damned if I can’t ring out as much height and “development” out of this body as I can. Also the milk served to build up a resistance to disease that would inevitably be required in this filth covered world. (or at least that's how I thought it worked, may be wrong, meh)

I ate my food quickly, today was a rest day, tomorrow I'll exercise before I eat, today is for some level of enjoyment.

As I ate I looked to the small glass window, a luxury even in Braavos, and narrowed my eyes at the sight of Viserys coming with Willem.

Shit, he was just off to seek support wasn't he? Better scram.

Slamming the rest of my milk down, I ran off into the small courtyard to snatch a lemon from the tree before entering my “workshop” (a storeroom with a desk and some secondhand craftsman tools I'd gathered over my short life) and locking the door.

I’m not dealing with your shit this day brother!

O-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Lisa, maid to the exiles, hummed as she cleaned the estate room by room.

This was an easy enough job, steady pay, nary any harassment, though she worried about when Viserys got a bit older, he was already eyeing her up, and she knew the law hardly mattered to the rich.

Eventually she found herself in the storage room. It had been a while since she’d dusted.

Opening the door, she blinked at the sight of the princess sat on the ground, fiddling with some wooden contraption.

She looked up, a smear of oil on her cheek.

“Oh, hello Lisa.” She stated, before immediately turning back to the thing in her hands.

Lisa herself let out a sigh.

“You know the young master doesn't like you getting dirty Dany.”

the girl just shrugged, then grabbed a wooden board from the contraption and jiggled it, before turning to her with a frown.

“Can you give this thing a good thump Lisa?” She lifted the thing up, and Lisa giggled before doing so.

The board seemed to lock into place around it’s four wooden dowels, and with a cry of victory Daenerys set the thing on her desk where some parchment was sat.

“Daenerys?” Lisa asked, looking concerned as the girl grabbed some inks and began apply it to some blocks she hadn't noticed on the bottom board of the device.

She just grinned at her.

“Hmm, oh don’t worry, just a fun project. Can you help me put a rock on this?” The girl slid a piece of parchment inside and brought the top board down, and Lisa shook her head.

“Alright, but after you must bathe and go straight to bed.” Dany just nodded absentmindedly as Lisa lifted a hefty rock the girl seemed to have dragged in here.

Placing it atop the device, she turned to her.

“Now, a bath then bed young lady!”

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o—o-o-o-o-o-oo

A/N – I remember scrolling through the wiki to see Viserys hosting the golden company. Next time you may see Dany’s suitable reaction and the shitstorm that’ll cause.
    Oh fun times ahead.
    Hmm, oh yes, and don't let your kids near woodworking tools, it’s a recipe for disaster. :p

Xisaro, caroff, Kelsier Vin and 69 others like this.
  23. RichardWhereat

Well, I guess that I technically am in the south..

But MadGreenSon is in the North.

EJ Maybe Writer likes this.
  24. MadGreenSon

So is mine. A temple to Bacchus. :p
    Nay. I'm a Florida Man. Furthest north I've ever lived was Phoenix, Arizona.

25. abyss_kaiser

Florida Man? i've heard so much about you!

26. RichardWhereat

Mine is to Lathander, and he has never discouraged engaging in the practices of Lliira.

What are the coordinates of the city you live in?

27. abyss_kaiser

Phoenix is just south of the middle of Arizona, i believe.

28. MadGreenSon

Why? You gonna call in a drone strike? :D

fireball900 and abyss_kaiser like this.
  29. abyss_kaiser

coordinates arent needed, just aim for the only spot with people and you'll hit it :p

fireball900 likes this.
  30. RichardWhereat

No no, neither of those. Just calling your attention to the fact that whatever your city, it's likely going to be:
    xx°xx′N xxx°xx′W.

You're in the North. Northerner.

* Richard just Chillaxing here in the South.
    S 36° 7.593' E 146° 50.152'

RyubosJ likes this.