1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For a trial period of one week, allowed avatar size has been increased to 256kb, up from 51.2kb. During this time, if the forum seems to be loading slow, drop by the topic in the Announcements & Rules sub to let me know.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. QQ will be down for upgrades starting at 2030 EDT. Please be prepared and save any work.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. To the many new members following Mr Zoat to our forum, I would suggest a quick read of our Rules. Don't worry, it's not a long post. Pay special attention to Rule 8. We are deadly serious about it.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. To make things official, I have added a proper description of the method to appeal a moderator action in the Rules thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Into the Fire - Daenerys GOT ASOIAF SI

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by abyss_kaiser, Apr 5, 2019.

1. KanameFujiwara

KanameFujiwara Getting out there.

I am excited for the story. I hope Danny can redeem Drogo. He's not a rapist to her in the books. Let us see how this genius change the world.

2. hamof

hamof I trust you know where the happy button is?

Probably one of the first things she'll do is make sure she never meets Drogo in anything other than a position of power, because there's no need for her to go through the mess book!Daenerys did.

abyss_kaiser and KanameFujiwara like this.
  3. abyss_kaiser

abyss_kaiser Aspires to be a Tentacle Lord

you cheeky bugger

RichardWhereat likes this.
  4. abyss_kaiser

yeah. the only time i'd ever go out of my way to interact with the Dothraki is if i manage to obtain a dragon, then i can come in like a goddess and be all like "whaddup haters!" (my ride's better)

5. hamof

hamof I trust you know where the happy button is?

See, on the one hand you're using this comment to agree with me, on the other hand you're double posting. Use the edit button instead.

6. abyss_kaiser

is my thread!
    but yeah, i reply to a bunch at once only when they're relevant. on other threads this is different, obviously.

RichardWhereat likes this.
  7. zackadoorie

zackadoorie Getting out there.

Interesting story, will this feature nsfw content later on? I find it hard to imagine the dothraki or alternative suitors not wanting an "heir" for them to control.

8. yourself196

yourself196 Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

This isn't in the nsfw section so probably not.

9. Threadmarks: Chapter 4
    abyss_kaiser

Into the Fire – Daenerys ASOIAF SI

o—o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

The grand Celebration Hall of Braavos sparkled with the glow of a thousand candles,, all spaced out along the feasting tables in positions to add to the aura of the moment.

The long mahogany tables were draped with fine linen and foodstuffs, from simple pastries to whole roast pigs were arrayed all over the hall.

Hundreds of men in glittering jewel encrusted armor raised tankards of ale or goblets of wine in their feasting, heartily tearing through the delicate meats, well seasoned cheeses and fresh fruits with gusto that only hardened veterans could produce. Even more outside the hall throughout the city and in a small tent city outside also feasted.

Viserys himself sat at the head of the hall, appearing all like a mighty king on his well carved wooden throne, alongside the captain-general himself of the Golden Company.

I simply sat in my place next to him, eye twitching with force every moment I spotted somebody take our gold into their mouths then shout for more.

Fist clenched under the table, I tried to appear aloof at least, but the lack of conversation from the lieutenant next to me spoke volumes for my current disposition.

The would-be king himself raised a glass of wine to the roiling crowd of happy men below.

“This is a mighty feast, is it not?” The crowd ignored him at first, his reedy voice not managing to pierce the thicket.

Some coughs from the officers quickly made their way down the ranks though, and within a minute everybody looked to the suddenly less confident Viserys.

“A grand host such as this, I can scarcely imagine any force in this world that could withstand you. So here, eat my food and drink my drink, for I can promise you far more feasts in the future.”

My hands were bleeding. Holy shit they were actually bleeding.

“As such, I turn to the commander himself, what say you, noble Westerosi, shall you take up arms, and bring me to my rightful throne? Off to your true home?”

The company commander, Harry Strickland, smiled and stood up, causing everyone in the hall to do the same.

He continued to smile at Viserys for a good few seconds, before casually grabbing a choice haunch of turkey, glistening with the seasonings I had myself helped with (at Viserys’ insistence) and took a proper chomp out of it.

This signaled the rest of his men to follow.

Mostly finished chewing, the captain-general smirked.

“I would never deny free food for me and my boys, but alas, leaving Essos isn't good for business. And from the very fact that I do not see you living ina grand palace, with dozens of guards,tells me you do not have the gold to keep us for long.”

Viserys’ rapidly reddening face was nearly steaming at this point, but the commander casually turned away, grabbing a new haunch, turkey lover this one, and the unopened bottle of wine on the table before whistling as his men began to stand, patting heavy bellies and re-securing their arms and armor they had loosened.

“Wait, you’re just going to eat my food and leave?” Viserys cried, and the men began a rolling laughter spreading through the hall until it’s cacophony hurt my delicate young ears.

“Don’t ever offer anything free ‘milord’, for there is no reason to follow up on a promise that doesn't exist.”

The crowd was halfway through the entrance, all the mostly full containers of alcohol noticeably absent, before Viserys stood to his feet and screa-ahem, I mean, “roared” with fury.

Darry quickly grabbed him, stopping him from doing anything that would cause an incident, and I simply sat back and ate my fill.

I had just grabbed one of the few haunches of well seasoned meat left for myself as the golden Company was gone, and Viserys was let go to throw a bottle of ale across the hall.

“YOU!” I looked up from my delicious, delicious turkey and raised a brow at my brother’s heaving shoulders. His eyes narrowed, and suddenly my meat was on the other side of the room.

Meat~” I whimpered, before lifting myself up to glare at him.

“What was that for!”

His nostrils flared.

“How can you just sit there and eat at a time like this!” He cried out, before finally grabbing my arm.

Oh fuck no.

“Darry!”

In an instant, Viserys was separated from me, and the closest thing to a father figure we had turned a baleful glare to my brother, who just realized what he did and, to his credit, looked ashamed.

“I… need to think.” He turned away and left, likely off to get more wine.

Idiot, there's perfectly fine wine right here, it’s expensive shit too.

Sigh

“Your grace, please try not to antagonize your brother.” I gave Darry an incredulous look, and he stiffened.

“You have been silently mocking him for this entire debacle. I understand that you may not agree with him, but that is no reason to actively scorn him.”

I sighed and shook my head.

“Do we still have enough money to live comfortably?"

The man coughed.

“Yes, Mayhaps not as luxuriously as royalty should, but you could still afford the lifestyle of a wealthy merchant.” I sucked in air through my nose.

Godsdamnit all, my idiot brother’s going to ruin us.

“And you still refuse to place it at the ban-”

Darry slashed his arm.

“Absolutely not, nobody can be trusted with such a large sum but us, who knows whether or not the bankers would simply refuse us your money come withdrawal and leave you destitute!” He stated, just like all the other times I'd suggested it.

Sucks that this exact position would be what ruins us, you old fart.

I snorted and turned aside, picking up a spilled goblet and placing it upright.

“The mess alone going to be quite the bill.“ I eyed a candle and casually flitted my fingers through the flames.

My one advantage in the world, other than our risky wealth and my stolen birthright. I had no idea whether this was true in the books or the show, but I know that fire does not hurt me.

Perhaps… I should use that…..

No, I'm not that desperate… yet….

Though perhaps I should start… researching, just in case.

Yes….

Oo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-oo-o-o

“Hmm, interesting.”

I stared as the man turned over my most advanced printing press in his arms a few times, testing the weight, moving the parts back and forth, and giving a good look to the letter blocks and the sack beside me of similar blocks.

He turned to me.

“Ten silver”

My brow twitched, and I nearly gave Darry the signal to kill this bastard.

No, calm down, don't resort to murder, you’re better than that.

“That’s hardly worth the effort it takes to make one of those.”

The man shrugged before waving it at me.

“I could probably make one of these myself lass, go on, leave without the money, or take it. Five silver.”

My shoulders shook, before they dropped and I held out my hand.

“Yes please.”

o-o—o-o-o-o-o-o-

The thing that sucks about one of your only advantages in this world being knowledge, was that whatever you could make by yourself, just about anybody else could with the right idea in mind.

So it was I began to hear rumors across the marketplace about a new tool falling into the hands of the copyist guild, and I tried to ignore the potential spoils I could have had.

I suppose that in a land without patents it can hardly be expected to achieve anything unless it could not be replicated, but what could I do like that without a large investment?

I began to ruminate but, before we were even halfway home, Darry stumbled and clutched at his chest, before taking a knee.

I rushed over.

“Darry!” I cried, and he looked up and waved an arm.

“I’m fine, I'm fine, just an ache, nothing else.” He gritted out.

Despite what he said, it was a good few minutes before he was able to move again at the same speed, and he seemed to want to clutch at his breast the rest of the day.

Tell me pretty lies all you want Darry, I know your time is limited.

Shit, I'm only four, how the hells am I supposed to do this?

I’d just have to store my stolen treasure faster. All throughout the house courtyard there were little pits I had placed our wealth when I though no-one was looking, mostly gems or jewelry, with a few gold bits here and there.

It wasn't much, it’s kind of hard to miss a little girl with an arm full of wealth, after all, but I had a fair amount stored over the years from when Darry would let me into the vault to try on the family jewels.

“Vault” was a kind word for the room with a solid oak door and locked chests, but still.

I fingered my heavily encrusted bracelets. The golden company had some wisdom to them, carry your wealth with you.

Or maybe Darry could just store at least a little of our stuff in the bank, come on!

I hope he doesn't die, I really do…

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

A/N – Sorry, I've had this finished for a while, just got lazy with editing.
    So yeah, not the best idea to go showing off your inventions to people if it’s too simple, otherwise they might just catch on how to make it themselves.

shos, 05eolsale, Drock and 12 others like this.
  10. zackadoorie

zackadoorie Getting out there.

Their is a reason the guild system was so strong and influential back then, copyright could not be enforced :L

11. Rui Pascoal

Rui Pascoal Know what you're doing yet?

This is my first Dany self Insert... can’t wait for more.