1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Into the Fire - Daenerys GOT ASOIAF SI

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by abyss_kaiser, Apr 5, 2019.

1. KanameFujiwara

KanameFujiwara Getting out there.

I am excited for the story. I hope Danny can redeem Drogo. He's not a rapist to her in the books. Let us see how this genius change the world.

2. hamof

hamof I trust you know where the happy button is?

Probably one of the first things she'll do is make sure she never meets Drogo in anything other than a position of power, because there's no need for her to go through the mess book!Daenerys did.

3. abyss_kaiser

abyss_kaiser Ruler of the Darkest Depths

you cheeky bugger

RichardWhereat likes this.
  4. abyss_kaiser

yeah. the only time i'd ever go out of my way to interact with the Dothraki is if i manage to obtain a dragon, then i can come in like a goddess and be all like "whaddup haters!" (my ride's better)

5. hamof

hamof I trust you know where the happy button is?

See, on the one hand you're using this comment to agree with me, on the other hand you're double posting. Use the edit button instead.

Hypervane likes this.
  6. abyss_kaiser

is my thread!
    but yeah, i reply to a bunch at once only when they're relevant. on other threads this is different, obviously.

RichardWhereat likes this.
  7. zackadoorie

zackadoorie Making the rounds.

Interesting story, will this feature nsfw content later on? I find it hard to imagine the dothraki or alternative suitors not wanting an "heir" for them to control.

8. yourself196

yourself196 Getting some practice in, huh?

This isn't in the nsfw section so probably not.

ShadowStepper1300 likes this.
  9. Threadmarks: Chapter 4
    abyss_kaiser

Into the Fire – Daenerys ASOIAF SI

o—o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

The grand Celebration Hall of Braavos sparkled with the glow of a thousand candles,, all spaced out along the feasting tables in positions to add to the aura of the moment.

The long mahogany tables were draped with fine linen and foodstuffs, from simple pastries to whole roast pigs were arrayed all over the hall.

Hundreds of men in glittering jewel encrusted armor raised tankards of ale or goblets of wine in their feasting, heartily tearing through the delicate meats, well seasoned cheeses and fresh fruits with gusto that only hardened veterans could produce. Even more outside the hall throughout the city and in a small tent city outside also feasted.

Viserys himself sat at the head of the hall, appearing all like a mighty king on his well carved wooden throne, alongside the captain-general himself of the Golden Company.

I simply sat in my place next to him, eye twitching with force every moment I spotted somebody take our gold into their mouths then shout for more.

Fist clenched under the table, I tried to appear aloof at least, but the lack of conversation from the lieutenant next to me spoke volumes for my current disposition.

The would-be king himself raised a glass of wine to the roiling crowd of happy men below.

“This is a mighty feast, is it not?” The crowd ignored him at first, his reedy voice not managing to pierce the thicket.

Some coughs from the officers quickly made their way down the ranks though, and within a minute everybody looked to the suddenly less confident Viserys.

“A grand host such as this, I can scarcely imagine any force in this world that could withstand you. So here, eat my food and drink my drink, for I can promise you far more feasts in the future.”

My hands were bleeding. Holy shit they were actually bleeding.

“As such, I turn to the commander himself, what say you, noble Westerosi, shall you take up arms, and bring me to my rightful throne? Off to your true home?”

The company commander, Harry Strickland, smiled and stood up, causing everyone in the hall to do the same.

He continued to smile at Viserys for a good few seconds, before casually grabbing a choice haunch of turkey, glistening with the seasonings I had myself helped with (at Viserys’ insistence) and took a proper chomp out of it.

This signaled the rest of his men to follow.

Mostly finished chewing, the captain-general smirked.

“I would never deny free food for me and my boys, but alas, leaving Essos isn't good for business. And from the very fact that I do not see you living ina grand palace, with dozens of guards,tells me you do not have the gold to keep us for long.”

Viserys’ rapidly reddening face was nearly steaming at this point, but the commander casually turned away, grabbing a new haunch, turkey lover this one, and the unopened bottle of wine on the table before whistling as his men began to stand, patting heavy bellies and re-securing their arms and armor they had loosened.

“Wait, you’re just going to eat my food and leave?” Viserys cried, and the men began a rolling laughter spreading through the hall until it’s cacophony hurt my delicate young ears.

“Don’t ever offer anything free ‘milord’, for there is no reason to follow up on a promise that doesn't exist.”

The crowd was halfway through the entrance, all the mostly full containers of alcohol noticeably absent, before Viserys stood to his feet and screa-ahem, I mean, “roared” with fury.

Darry quickly grabbed him, stopping him from doing anything that would cause an incident, and I simply sat back and ate my fill.

I had just grabbed one of the few haunches of well seasoned meat left for myself as the golden Company was gone, and Viserys was let go to throw a bottle of ale across the hall.

“YOU!” I looked up from my delicious, delicious turkey and raised a brow at my brother’s heaving shoulders. His eyes narrowed, and suddenly my meat was on the other side of the room.

Meat~” I whimpered, before lifting myself up to glare at him.

“What was that for!”

His nostrils flared.

“How can you just sit there and eat at a time like this!” He cried out, before finally grabbing my arm.

Oh fuck no.

“Darry!”

In an instant, Viserys was separated from me, and the closest thing to a father figure we had turned a baleful glare to my brother, who just realized what he did and, to his credit, looked ashamed.

“I… need to think.” He turned away and left, likely off to get more wine.

Idiot, there's perfectly fine wine right here, it’s expensive shit too.

Sigh

“Your grace, please try not to antagonize your brother.” I gave Darry an incredulous look, and he stiffened.

“You have been silently mocking him for this entire debacle. I understand that you may not agree with him, but that is no reason to actively scorn him.”

I sighed and shook my head.

“Do we still have enough money to live comfortably?"

The man coughed.

“Yes, Mayhaps not as luxuriously as royalty should, but you could still afford the lifestyle of a wealthy merchant.” I sucked in air through my nose.

Godsdamnit all, my idiot brother’s going to ruin us.

“And you still refuse to place it at the ban-”

Darry slashed his arm.

“Absolutely not, nobody can be trusted with such a large sum but us, who knows whether or not the bankers would simply refuse us your money come withdrawal and leave you destitute!” He stated, just like all the other times I'd suggested it.

Sucks that this exact position would be what ruins us, you old fart.

I snorted and turned aside, picking up a spilled goblet and placing it upright.

“The mess alone going to be quite the bill.“ I eyed a candle and casually flitted my fingers through the flames.

My one advantage in the world, other than our risky wealth and my stolen birthright. I had no idea whether this was true in the books or the show, but I know that fire does not hurt me.

Perhaps… I should use that…..

No, I'm not that desperate… yet….

Though perhaps I should start… researching, just in case.

Yes….

Oo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-oo-o-o

“Hmm, interesting.”

I stared as the man turned over my most advanced printing press in his arms a few times, testing the weight, moving the parts back and forth, and giving a good look to the letter blocks and the sack beside me of similar blocks.

He turned to me.

“Ten silver”

My brow twitched, and I nearly gave Darry the signal to kill this bastard.

No, calm down, don't resort to murder, you’re better than that.

“That’s hardly worth the effort it takes to make one of those.”

The man shrugged before waving it at me.

“I could probably make one of these myself lass, go on, leave without the money, or take it. Five silver.”

My shoulders shook, before they dropped and I held out my hand.

“Yes please.”

o-o—o-o-o-o-o-o-

The thing that sucks about one of your only advantages in this world being knowledge, was that whatever you could make by yourself, just about anybody else could with the right idea in mind.

So it was I began to hear rumors across the marketplace about a new tool falling into the hands of the copyist guild, and I tried to ignore the potential spoils I could have had.

I suppose that in a land without patents it can hardly be expected to achieve anything unless it could not be replicated, but what could I do like that without a large investment?

I began to ruminate but, before we were even halfway home, Darry stumbled and clutched at his chest, before taking a knee.

I rushed over.

“Darry!” I cried, and he looked up and waved an arm.

“I’m fine, I'm fine, just an ache, nothing else.” He gritted out.

Despite what he said, it was a good few minutes before he was able to move again at the same speed, and he seemed to want to clutch at his breast the rest of the day.

Tell me pretty lies all you want Darry, I know your time is limited.

Shit, I'm only four, how the hells am I supposed to do this?

I’d just have to store my stolen treasure faster. All throughout the house courtyard there were little pits I had placed our wealth when I though no-one was looking, mostly gems or jewelry, with a few gold bits here and there.

It wasn't much, it’s kind of hard to miss a little girl with an arm full of wealth, after all, but I had a fair amount stored over the years from when Darry would let me into the vault to try on the family jewels.

“Vault” was a kind word for the room with a solid oak door and locked chests, but still.

I fingered my heavily encrusted bracelets. The golden company had some wisdom to them, carry your wealth with you.

Or maybe Darry could just store at least a little of our stuff in the bank, come on!

I hope he doesn't die, I really do…

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

A/N – Sorry, I've had this finished for a while, just got lazy with editing.
    So yeah, not the best idea to go showing off your inventions to people if it’s too simple, otherwise they might just catch on how to make it themselves.

Xisaro, Kelsier Vin, Agni and 72 others like this.
  10. zackadoorie

zackadoorie Making the rounds.

Their is a reason the guild system was so strong and influential back then, copyright could not be enforced :L

11. Rui Pascoal

Rui Pascoal Know what you're doing yet?

This is my first Dany self Insert... can’t wait for more.

12. Threadmarks: Chapter 5
    abyss_kaiser

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

It happened in the middle of the night.

Our hired guards had been off on their day off to drink their pay away, and Darry was to be patrolling the halls this night.

Unfortunately, the fact he collapsed was rapidly made known by our servants, and soon enough all those awake had the door to our money open using the key from Darry’s still warm body.

I awoke to cries of jubilation and the sound of metal jingling and feet pounding the floors, and as soon as I had seen what had happened I knew all was lost.

Rushing out into the small courtyard with it’s single lemon tree still standing in the center, I quickly dug up my most valuable gems and pocketed them, thankful that I had such things on my linen pajamas.

I began to hear my brother’s voice screaming, picking out the fact he was demanding they put the money back.

Oh my poor, soon to be literally poor brother, I kinda sorta love you but damn you’re stupid.

Finishing my task, I returned to my room to pack a satchel with a few coins and smaller gems thrown in to throw off our little traitors, thankful that most my plans were inside my own head, then ran out to my brother, as the door was the only way out.

There one of the servants, the cook, I noted with hurt in my chest, was sort of directing the whole affair. A big burly man that I'd grown somewhat fond of while trying to cook dishes from “home”.

The bastard, I'll kill you.

“Oy, the children are here.”

The others snorted, and soon enough the chef opened the door.

“Get out of here, I’ve got a party to arrange.” He waved a piece of paper with a grin, it was the proof of purchase Darry had stored away.

After Viserys opened his mouth, a meaty hand knocked him to the floor with a mighty slap to the face.

“Been waiting to do that for ages.” He said, sneering.

Soon enough my satchel was ripped from me, and he shoved me out the door while literally booting Viserys.

The red door slammed shut.

Oo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

As sunlight turned to dusk, I looked to my hands, clasped together, before sighing.

I was sat with Viserys on a bench outside one of the iron bank’s buildings. He was muttering angrily to himself, visibly shaking.

I had handed him most of our valuables already, which he’d nearly knocked out of my hands before realizing what he was about to do.

I still had a few choice gems on my person, but I was certainly not wealthy.

Sneaking a glance to the sky, I sighed.

“I suppose there’s nothing for it.”

Standing up, I noted Viserys looking to me and I grit my teeth.

“Good luck brother.”

I began to walk away, and he grabbed my shoulder.

“Where do yo think you’re going?” He asked, and I sighed.

“I suppose you could say I'm off to join the faith, there’s nowhere else to go, just keep yourself healthy brother.”

I then tore myself from his grasp and ran.

Ignoring his cries, I ran until i9 was far enough away to be sure he wouldn't find me.

Slowing to a stroll, I made my way through town towards the center where the Green, Hero’s, and Long Canal met, forming a sort of central “lake”.

Towards the northwest end was a collection of islands supporting huge, grand temples, the Moonsinger’s most prominent compared to the Isle of the Gods containing dozens of smaller temples.

Also starkly obvious yet at the same time plain and unobtrusive was the house of black and white, the home of the worshiper of death.

There was even a Sept of the Seven.

I ignored all of that to focus on one in particular. Not the largest temple, nor the richest, but still it had an island to itself and it seemed the most… bright, so say the least.

Atop the temple was a huge flame that only grew larger as dusk approached, braziers all across the island lit with roaring fires and red robed priests wondered about, tending to the fires or proselytizing to passersby.

I brushed past everyone until I was in the main chamber of the temple, the polished marble of the exterior gave way to the same, yet hidden by the orange and red light from the central fire filling the chamber. I gulped as I tried to push my nerves away.

At least I was safe, if nothing else.

I walked towards a Red Priestess who wasn't yet preaching one of the small groups wandering about. Despite the temple’s prominence they had nowhere near the crowds I could see roiling even from a distance on the Moonsinger's isle, only a few scattered groupings.

The woman, who was rather attractive in a sultry manner which I was not yet old enough to appreciate, looked to me with a small smile.

“Ah, are you here to learn of R'hllor young one? I haven't seen you here before.”

I resisted the urge to sigh, I've heard all the pretty words preacher’s say.

“I’ve been thinking about it miss, can you tell me about him?”

the woman smiled kindly and knelt down slightly to get her eyes almost level with mine, huh, she knows children.

“If you truly seek to save yourself, then I suppose it is not too late in the day. Come, stand by me next to the flame, but I'll have you know that we’ll be performing the ritual of the night soon, so this will have to be brief.”

The large bonfire in the center of the room of course dominated the room, set inside a well cut stone basin with bronze fittings.

Standing before it, the Priestess stared into the flames for but a moment before turning to me, good, no alarm yet.

“Here child, I'm sure you’ve gazed into a fireplace before at least once, yes?” She said, words silky smooth to my ears, though I'm sure from the large jewel at her collar it was some form of magic.

“Yes.” It had been a fruitless effort on my part to get a read on the Red God before I attempted this, but I was obviously missing some form of technique the priestess would either perform or use themselves to gaze into the flame.

As it were, I'm sure she was talking about casually while cooking or something.

“Yes, well, it is our faith’s primary method of worship to our god, R'hllor. Most times, it manifests as peaceful meditation, where in occasionally, if we are blessed, he will render unto us a vision of his will, this can be of the future, or the past, or simply what he wills us to do in his name.

“Other than that, we also offer on to him a sacrifice, something of worth, so usually we will sacrifice a cow if a wealthy farmer wishes for a good harvest, or perhaps a goat from the shepherds, in hope of avoiding the lusts of the Dothraki.”

I looked to the roaring bonfire and tapped her knee.

“I’ve heard grown-ups say that you burn people too.”

The woman continued to smile.

“Yes, for great deeds that require greater sacrifice, like war, politics, and even changing the weather itself, we give onto Him the most valuable thing in this world.”

Hmph, even if the soul is real, which I'm willing to give to this world, I'm fairly sure human souls aren't anywhere near all that important. I'm sure there’s things worth more in the eyes of a god than us puny mortals.

But, as it were, I've got a miracle to perform.

“And, um, preistess lady?”

The woman chuckled.

“Oh call me Anise, young one.”

I nodded.

“If R'hllor is the god of fire, then what happens if something does not burn?”

The woman tilted her head.

“All things burn child, even metal and stone melt, if the flame burns hot enough.”

I stood up and looked to the flames.

Well R'hllor, if you want to strike a deal, now will be the time.

I sucked in a breath, before leaping into the ashy pit.

Everyone in the church gasped or cried out as they saw a child seemingly leap to her death, but after a minute they just stared gaping at my naked form kneeling in the fire.

The reason for my own silence, other than instinctively holding my breath even though it wasn't truly needed, was the images passing by my eyes.

I saw Dothraki hoards burning and retreating, I saw cities fall, I saw fleets sink below the sea.

But, most importantly, I saw a sword, wreathed in flame, in my hand and a great expanse of snow in front of me, a tide of sickening black in the distance barreling towards me and a line of shadowy figures I couldn't make out.

Finally the visions overwhelmed me, and I tumbled out of the bonfire.

Catching my breath, for even for me breathing in the center of a fire made me feel lightheaded, I looked up to see everybody looking at me with shocked eyes, then, slowly, they all knelt.

Anise stood there for a good few second before something came over her and she too knelt, though this was to grasp my shoulders.

“You, you must be a gift from R'hllor himself… Praise the Flame! Praise the Sun!”

Chants echoed through the chamber, and even with all the possibilities now running through my head I just couldn't get one thing out of my mind.

Give me clothes already!

o-o—o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

A/N - Phew, this chapter took a lot of editing to work into something that isn’t a train-wreck, a lot of wiki searching, a lot of research, but the next chapter will be a lot easier.
    Ok, I know a lot of you don't like Daenerys being fireproof, for whatever reason despite that it’s cool as heck, but that’s how it’s going to be here.
    Now, I've got a general plan for the future, but some help with the lore of Essos would be helpful.
    Oh, and I am 22 at the time I was reborn, so theoretically Kaiserys would be mentally 27 as she is now 5, but soon I'll be exploring why that doesn't quite work for somebody with the brain of a child.
    Oh, and PRAISE THE SUN! \`[T] /

Xisaro, caroff, Kelsier Vin and 88 others like this.
  13. MadGreenSon

MadGreenSon Verified Devil Tiger, The Childish Yandere

I love fireproof Dany and I'll be glad to help in whatever way I can.

14. abyss_kaiser

so, do you know exactly what areas of essos are infested with stonemen? I know Valyria is, but apparently much of the lower Rhoyne also is, i just need to know how much and whether it's feasible to increase development along the Rhoyne.

15. Blackenedthorn

Blackenedthorn Too many ideas, so little time

If Dany is fireproof, does this mean she can sleep in a nice bonfire if the beds aren't warm enough?

16. MadGreenSon

It's mostly those places as far as I know and it shouldn't be impossible if they can be driven out and the infection burned out of the area. Not easy maybe, but hardly impossible. Other parts of the river should be viable as long as a certain degree of vigilance is taken as regards the lower parts.

Maybe, but being fireproof doesn't make the area that's on fire any more comfortable other than being immune to the fire. In the long run, being fireproof is a good trick, but it's not a world beating cheat, y'know?

17. abyss_kaiser

thanks, because
    The Rhoyne will become very important for future plans.

Omni likes this.
  18. MadGreenSon

Kinda figured. You're going the magic route, yeah? Lots of magic along that river.

Hypervane and Omni like this.
  19. abyss_kaiser

more like completely ignoring Westeros route, but yeah, being a Witch-Queen sounds damn fun.

fireball900, Hypervane and Omni like this.
  20. MadGreenSon

Dunno if that's completely wise. A few things in Westeros, like situation with the Wall, could have global implications. Might be smart to at least try and keep a weather eye on it for safety's sake.

21. abyss_kaiser

i mean, other than the literal apocalypse ignoring Westeros, or at least not setting out to conquer it, which is what caused most of Dany's problems in the series, as everyone who she relied on for power knew that she would eventually leave.

fireball900 and Omni like this.
  22. MadGreenSon

I'm just saying keep an eye out for the apocalypse, you'll want to look towards the Five Forts as well because who knows what's going on with them

23. abyss_kaiser

Oh yeah, Yi Ti's border.... unfortunately i have no idea in the story about any issues there, other than that they exist. also, this spoiler list is getting a bit long, and people are ever so curious, so yeah.

24. Teiwaz

Teiwaz Yin Addicted Demonic Cultivator

Oi its not even the flames that kill people but the fucking smoke :V
    being fireproof does not mean your lungs can filter carbon

25. abyss_kaiser

in this they can for her, as that was something i was thinking could be an issue, but i realized that Dany couldn't have survived several hours in the fire with her eggs without some ability to filter smoke.
    basically the more common varieties of smoke she can handle, though if oxygen content gets too low she can still suffocate, though i'll be a bit hand wavy about those particulars.
    trust me, Kaiserys will be properly exploring her limits soon.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  26. Rui Pascoal

Rui Pascoal Know what you're doing yet?

That was awesome, she can probably take over many of the free cities by using the red faith!

Omni and abyss_kaiser like this.
  27. Aluvartyo

Aluvartyo Making the rounds.

So basically SI Dany just mobilised the church of Rhollor in their main temple to be proclaimed as their messiah.......I'm both intrigued and amused.... gg planetos, step 1 for world domination successful :p

28. Threadmarks: Chapter 6
    abyss_kaiser

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

It’s… surprising, just how much having perfect vision still disturbs me.

Funny right? Something so supposedly good, and even I had to admit it was convenient and just generally better, but when you’ve lived most of a life wearing glasses they become a part of you, I consistently reached to grab glasses from a nightstand that didn't exist, even after having gone through being a literal infant all over again.

I actually missed the slight ache the bridge of my nose would develop over the course of the day from the weight of the vision correctors, I consistently tried to keep my eyes focused around my old field of view, even though my peripheral vision had no issues.

It felt godsdamn unnatural to be able to see hills and trees on the horizon with such crispness, hardly even a need to squint.

Just my damn luck that my biggest hangup was my glasses of all things.

A knock at the door made me look up, before I sighed.

“Come in.”

The door swung open, revealing an oldish looking man who immediately gave me a deliberate once over.

My linen pajamas were gone, replaced by a simple red robe of a red priestess, except pint sized.

Around my neck hung a gold sigil which would apparently work to get me anywhere in the temple, yet I knew I was still restricted by what my bodyguards would allow.

It wasn't a deliberate attempt to restrain me, from what I could tell. I was still just five years old, and my life was a sudden precious commodity to the temple.

“There are representatives from Volantis here to see you… Blessed.” He quickly turned away, not allowing me to get a read on his opinion on that.

The revelation of my fireproof nature and the apparent favor R'hllor extended towards me had, after the initial reaction, sparked intense controversy among the Red Faith.

Oh, they tried to keep me out of it, but even I could see the factionalism quickly spreading through the order.

I had a horrible feeling I'd knocked over a hornet’s nest, upset a fragile balance I hadn't even known existed.

Still, it seemed everybody agreed that I was at least important to R’hllor, if nothing else, so again, relatively safe.

I noticed the man staring at me, and I blushed.

“Ah, sorry, lost in thought, coming.”

Jumping off the bed, I slipped my bare feet into a pair of leather Jesus sandals, because fuck shoes, and I loved the inside joke.

The older man set off, and I followed as quick as my tiny legs could follow. The inner maze of the Braavos red temple living quarters were relatively austere in comparison to the rooms of worship, though the rooms each priest had to themselves and several lounge rooms were noticeably silk laden with all variety of bronze and gold candle works.

Stopping before a bronze door, the man glanced back to me.

“The assistant of the High Priest is a tad… intense.” He stated, before with barely another glance the door was opened.

I stepped inside, noting the bronze, gold and iron decorations all along the walls, making it seem as if the circular room was surrounded by a crown of metal fire, one of the most ostentatious rooms I have seen here so far, and of course the red silks that were ever-present hanging from the ceiling.

Opposite the door was a fireplace, and in the center was a round table with many priests sat at it.

Some rose at the sight of me, though notably I saw one or two narrow their eyes.

“Come child, sit.” I looked to the speaker, it was a tall woman with fair skin, inextricably attractive like most of the priestesses, yet I saw no magic makeup collar. Her hair was blacker than any I've seen, and she had rather large eyes that looked were amazingly gold colored.

I took an empty chair, before noting the wood of the table. It was a stark, blinding white, with blackened runes burned into it in intricate patterns.

Is that weirwood? Oh shit.

The woman smiled.

“Now, we have been discussing the Revelation that many of us have received from our Lord over the passed few weeks, despite several… divergent, interpretations of his will, most of can agree that R'hllor approved heavily of something about you, the sights in the flames have been especially … vibrant. There have even been mutterings about you being… well, something world-changing.”

The fire in the hearth suddenly appeared very fascinating, and by the fact that the heads of everyone else in the room and shifted to look there, I felt a bead of cold sweat from sheer nervousness.

Focusing on it revealed that the flames were roaring mightily, yet there had only been a small fire when we entered the room.

All the magic being thrown around lately is making me nervous.

The woman shook herself before nodding to me, visibly attempting not to gaze into the flames.

“You are Daenerys Targaryen, exiled Princess of Westeros, heir to ...”king” Viserys, claimant to the Iron Throne, yes?”

I nodded.

“So would we be remiss in that your goal is to retake the Iron Throne?” The woman had an unreadable expression on her face, I noticed she had not mentioned giving the throne to my brother.

I looked away and clasped my hands.

“I’ve been… thinking on what to do with R'hllor's gifts for a fair while.” I closed my eyes and bowed my head a bit.

“While the calls of my dead family roar to kill the Usurper and restore Targaryen rule over the Seven Kingdoms, and bringing this Faith into Westeros would certainly be a feat of worth by itself, a greater task has been stuck in my mind for a while. It heavily concerns the fate of the Faith in it’s heartlands, in these lands, in establishing R’hllor’s reach farther and wider than it has ever had.”

I looked up, and smiled.

“It starts with bringing magic back into this world.”

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Random Guardsman

-

The large crowd of red robed fanatics was disturbing to be near.

Kylo placed a hand on the hilt of his sword as he watched the crowd of Red Priests and Priestesses grow. They’d been gathering for the past hour by the three ships that had come into harbor this morning, and he had no idea what was going on.

Eventually he noticed a new group coming in from the city. Dozens of Priests, this time adorned with mail covered in red tabards and solid helms, all wielding swords.

In the center of their group was a few more normal looking priests and a small child in the robes.

“What?” He muttered, as they all began to board the ships.

Within the hour everyone who seemed to be leaving was on board, and the ship was off.

This was a new level of strangeness from the red freaks.

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o—o-o-o-o-o

Robert

-

‘Petitions and counting coppers, then more petitions, and more coppers.’ Robert Baratheon, first of his name, King of the Andals, Rhoynar, and the First Men thought to himself, goblet of wine in hand as he sat on his throne.

‘Hells, whenever it wasn't those two things it was petty issues that wasn't even worth thinking about. Who bloody cares if some pissants are painting ball and pillars on your house?!’

Throwing back the goblet of wine, Robert then pounded a fist on the armrest of the throne, the loud thump stopping dead the simpering of the latest petitioner, something about items disappearing from his tavern.

“This is an issue for the Goldcloaks, I don't even know how you got here, leave now.”

Standing up, Robert growled.

“I need a fucking hunt, Selmy! Prepare the hunting party!” He shouted.

Stomping off, he tried very hard to ignore the smug face of his damned wife as he entered the inner corridors leading towards Maegor’s keep, he wanted to go out in full armor this time, he’d get enough boar and deer to feed the entire keep if he had anything to say about it!

In his path was Varys, which made his face darken.

“Well then, spit it out. Never see your shining head unless there’s fires to put out.”

The eunuch bowed his head quickly before lifting a hand with a scroll in it.

“The Exiles have been separated, Viserys stands alone while his sister has joined the faith.”

Robert blinked once, then again before raising a brow.

This was too good to be true.

“Well, that’s one way to get rid of her then, so what’s the issue.” Varys lifted his head with a neutral expression.

“I’m afraid it’s slightly more complicated than that Sire. See, she joined the Red god’s faith, and not just as an initiate.”

Varys sighed.

“It appeared she’s become, overnight, some kind of holy figure for them. Even now her person with a large escort is being brought to Volantis for purposes unknown, but I assume them to be worrisome. The power of the Red Priests is very much evident in Volantis and, depending on how it is handled, she may soon have a considerable amount of support.”

Robert opened and closed his hand, before finally clenching it.

“Then she is an active threat. Fine then, damn Ned’s wishes. Get rid of her, and the boy-spawn while you’re at it.”

Vary bowed his head, and Robert brushed past him.

He really needed to kill something now.

o-oo—o-oo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

A/N – I’m loving the responses I've been getting to this story, so much discussion and enthusiasm, it makes me inspired to write.
    Less so on SV, but that’s to be expected, traffic on that one is always slow :p
    Obviously, things are starting to get real interesting! Muahahaha!
    PS: The timeline will be meeting the show, so ages are set there. So basically when Winter comes Daenerys will be 22, and the events of canon start when she is 17. Don't worry, I'm sure you’ve all figured out by now that this is definitely not pure show canon.

29. SIDoragon

SIDoragon Dragon of Story and Song

...So, I have an issue here. Varys should be hedging his bets at this time, trying to keep all the children alive. He hopes to restore the Targs. Pointing Robert at them to kill them is a fairly massive divergence of his previously known behavior.

30. abyss_kaiser

and what happenes when Robert learns that Varys either A: never told him about the windfall Kaiserys has had or B: is incompetent enough to not have heard?
    There are times to be sneaky and when not to be, and there is more to this than meets the eye. that's all I'll say.