1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

SHINOBI: The RPG - Act 2 (Naruto/Fallout SI)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Fulcon, May 7, 2019.

1. Rabid Tagger

Rabid Tagger Reading it for the Plot

That is (probably) a good way to slip some more character development in.

Warer and Fulcon like this.
  2. Fulcon

Fulcon Not working on it anymore. Sorry.

Because character development is king. :)

RichardWhereat and Rabid Tagger like this.
  3. Rabid Tagger

Always strive to improve!

Fulcon likes this.
  4. Fulcon

I'm almost afraid to ask for context.

5. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

It's actually a really cool scene.

Fulcon likes this.
  6. Fulcon

...if you want to explain it to me, pm me. I guess.

7. Rechte

Rechte Getting sticky.

Man I tell you, the Hisako SI what if is probably gonna have the worst luck once she gets pregnant from her times digivolving

8. Rabid Tagger

Hisako is not a Self-insert, she is an original character. I'm not sure what the rest of the sentence means.

EDIT: Ah, sorry, I just read the spacebattles thread, and that is an interesting point.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    Fulcon likes this.
  9. inglorius

inglorius Getting sticky.

Well, hello there.
    I find it interesting how you changed your userpic, Fulcon: one might say that murderchild Daisuke represents PG-rated Act One of the fic, and Wise Penguin Elder represents Act Two. And said WPE decied that wise thing to do is to get laid.
    Make love, not war.

Fulcon likes this.
  10. MiraiGW

MiraiGW He who drinks to attain enlightenment

Count another from SB joining up to continue following this story, which I would till the ends of the earth, cause finding a good Naruto fic is hard. Finding a good Naruto fic with an OC/SI/what have you seems a lot harder. Also thanks for showing me this place, found SB cause of ya, and now this place cause of ya, you a tour guide or somethin?

Edit: And in case you haven't done it yet, just found out how to disable the email notifications. Go to watched threads -> show all -> click check box -> click the selections next to go -> click go.

Fulcon likes this.
  11. Twilight666

Twilight666 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Basically the girl was Dresden's ex who was infected with vampirism in an earlier book.
    This version of vampirism has a pre-vampire stage where the infected is still mostly human until he/she drinks blood for the first time and then becomes a full vampire (a sort of humanlike bat that can create rubber-like skin as a disguise that looks like their old human form).

As she doesn't want to become a monster she joins the Fellowship of Saint Giles which is made up of pre-vampires like her that are basically super-human but still have urges and have basically tattoos that act like limiters.

Right before the sex scene we are talking about she and Dresden are being attacked by an entropy curse (everything that can go wrong will and will try to kill you) and lock themselves in Dresden's house under his protections to defend themselves but Suzan has used her powers too much and the thirst starts to overwhelm her.
    So Dresden uses magic rope to restrain her and uses sex to satisfy her urges a different way;):oops:.
    It works!!!:eek::D:p

The thing is that Dresden and her have unprotected sex and Suzan ends up pregnant.
    She doesn't say anything to Dresden because he has too many enemies and is fighting a war, and because the same thing applies to her she gave up Maggie for adoption
    And then on Book 12 (called appropriately Changes) Maggie (the daughter) gets kidnapped to be used as a ritual to kill her and all her family including Dresden and his vastly more powerfull and deadly grandfather.
    The whole book is Dresden mission to rescue her and the things he does to do so.
    But also the things he loses in the process: like his house, his office, his car, the mother of his child (even though he hadn't seen her since book 5), his freedom (he becomes the Winter Knight, the Winter Sidhe's hitman) and in the end even his life. So the status quo of Dresden personal life is shattered!:eek:
    On the other hand he uses the above ritual to genocide an entire species of vampires (the above humanlike bats) so the status quo of the magical world is also shattered!!:eek::eek:
    And said vampires had taken over South America and were the cartels so even the 'muggle' status quo is shattered!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Fulcon likes this.
  12. Garganator

Garganator Experienced.

I think sex scene may be used as confirmation of someone's character. Describe in detail for example characters new need for dominating, because he or she suddenly ended up in a position of power and suddenly that confidence starts new corruption as well. And I would still think that someone should present it this scene with more inner monologue of character with small details of sex being slipped in that description of the act itself. It's possible, but it will use lots of descriptions IMO and not exactly connected to sex per se. Anyway most of time it is:

A) Pretty much a love story. Sex is just a bonus. Lots of poetic language mixed in. This is to clearly state couple (or polyamory) love is something more. Not a fan as for me this sounds... not real, but this style shows up for example often in Harlequin books. Pretty much feelings are described as first and 'sex movement' just behind.
    B) When you want to describe someone as sadistic or something, sex is unfortunately very good way to do so, as it's VERY easy to cross violence line here. Although I see it mostly in the form of pictures and in text it's not as common unless story is clearly presenting how messed up someone is or the represented world. Example may be Guts scene from Berserk in his childhood where older guy used him sexually.
    C) And as you mentioned it's just a bonus. Pretty much fanservice. It's not really needed, but it's a way to bait in new readers or something.

Rabid Tagger and Fulcon like this.
  13. Galacticplumber

Galacticplumber Not too sore, are you?

Fulcon a good tip is to check alert preferences. Doing that will save you a lot of unwanted alerts. Actually, just hover over your account name at the top of the screen for a list of option tabs, and fiddle with anything that seems relevant.

Warer and Fulcon like this.
  14. Threadmarks: Chapter 13: Atom Bomb Baby
    Fulcon

The Following is a fanbased work of fiction: Naruto and Naruto: Shippuden are owned by Shueisha, Viz Entertainment and Masashi Kishimoto. Please support the official release.

---

Quest Updated: Reasons to Live.

Completed: Get a New Hobby (1/1).

And with the final dango…there.

I made a bouquet of dango-skewers. Feels kind of silly, but I want to give her something. It’d feel kind of weird just showing up at her place out of the blue and ask her out on a date without something in my hand. At least I think it would be. If I’m making a mistake, I’ll figure it out soon.

Okay, last step before I head out to Anko’s place. Mindset.

I am attracted to her, and that’s okay. I think her personality is great, I think her jokes are hilarious (if not a little racy at times), and last but certainly not least, I think she’s gorgeous. Just an amazing face, perfectly toned body…love those abs…

Relax, horndog. Yes, she’s amazing and you’re okay with that. But you’re still only thirteen and she’s probably going to say no to an actual date unless she’s changed her opinion from ‘shame you’re underage’. Still going to try, though.

So, let’s try to picture what her actually saying yes would look like.

Sure! Yeah, lets go out, I know a great spot that serves breakfast not too far from here.

Oh, you are way sexier than I remember…hm…

I love you Daisuke.

That’d be more than cool. But, let’s go ahead and picture her saying no. Just to keep my expectations level.

Look, you’re really sweet but you’re just too young for me. Go ask Ino out, I’m sure she’d say yes.

No, Daisuke. Look, you’re more like the hormonal younger brother I never had.

Get away from me you perverted little creep!

…still alive?

Still alive.

Okay.

Accepted, rejected, doesn’t matter. All that matters is that I tried and I wanted to try. So, I will. Now, I did take Lady Killer, so…does that make trying to court a woman unethical since that automatically makes me pretty good with them?

Well, it’s not like I have much of a choice. That perk is as much a part of me as Adamantium Skeleton. I picked it on a whim and I’m stuck with it now. That’s just a part of me and worrying about a part of me being unfair or unethical just wouldn’t be a good thing.

The dango bouquet was just a bunch of sticks tied together with some white lace. I looked around my kitchen which was built off in its own room and led directly into the large dining room. Yeah, my house was not a hovel anymore, but a mansion. Master bedroom was on the second floor.

Did I need anything else?

Probably should lose the work clothes and put on my suit. Just need to clean up properly, in other words.

The kitchen was loaded with confections…mostly entire plates of cookies all over the counter tops. I remember joking about having access to a dimension of infinite cookies before but now I’m almost wondering if I can’t just make one. There were a couple cakes here and there too. My baking fell squarely within the Survival skill, but honestly, I didn’t mind that. I wanted something easy and relaxing to occupy my time and baking does exactly that.

I think the Dango surprised me the most with its ingredients. Rice flower and red bean paste, also called Anko Dango. Yeah. I wonder if that’s part of why it’s her favorite food? Heck, her family name is Mitarashi, which is a dango covered in syrup.

Honestly, though? It’s funny and kind of awesome.

With my bouquet in hand, I left the kitchen and came into the front room. A large room with large couches, mats, futon, everything you could possibly want to sit down and socialize with, especially if it’s a large group of people. On both sides of the room were stairs leading upwards.

…might be a while before I invite a lot of people, though.

On one of the walls, I had hung a full-length mirror partly as a decoration but mostly so I could check to see if I still looked good. Got my suit, the hair is fine, all the flower is gone, alright, I’m ready.

Just let me take a breath.

First girl in more than thirteen years I’m actually going to try making overtures to, and I’m expecting rejection. So, what am I worried about? I want to do it, so I’m going to do it. She should be home, getting ready to go out and go get breakfast if she doesn’t eat in. Perhaps a Tea Ceremony since she’s on vacation?

Actually, I might ask her to host one for me. I don’t like tea, still, but if the relationship takes off, I think she’d really appreciate it, especially since she knows I don’t like tea. Wasn’t there a religious prohibition on it for me? Right, yeah. There was. Well, I mean…I won’t let myself get addicted to it and I can fix anything that might even slightly go wrong so I think it should be fine. Besides, do those rules still apply to me now that I’m not even in that world anymore?

…you know, I think I’m tying myself in knots here. Just focus on the now and worry about religion some other day.

Am I stressed?

Yeah, anxious. No, no. I am excited. The butterflies in my stomach are a good thing. This is going to be great. I’m going to go out and do something I’ve wanted to do for months and I’m not going to care about that little thing called failure.

With that, I teleported to Anko’s address.

Alright, I’m in front of her door. Is she home?

Let’s turn on ‘Chakra Sense’ to check. Uh, yeah, she’s home. Brushing her teeth, looks like, but I can’t tell for sure. Turn that off now.

I raised my fist and knocked on her door, next to the door hinge so it traveled through her whole apartment even though I didn’t knock too hard.

Take a breath. Let it go. No big deal if she says no, it happens. The important thing is that I’m trying.

Charisma Check Success: 10/1.

The doorknob turned and there was Anko. A few inches taller than me still, but that’s okay. She had her toothbrush still in her mouth, her expression one of mild irritation. An instant later she froze, her eyes widening with recognition as she looked over me, my new clothes and hair-style.

I raised the bouquet up to her with a happy smile. “Dango?”

She quietly screamed, her mouth closed because of the toothbrush and she ran forward, wrapping her arms around me in the tightest embrace I think I’ve ever felt. Then, she swept me up, carrying me into her apartment, bridal style. When we were inside the front room, she set me back down and gestured for me to wait just a second before dashing off to her bathroom to spit out the toothpaste in her mouth.

…wow. She literally swept me off my feet.

I think she might be feeling what I’m feeling.

Then she came back, hugging me and pulling me into the air again, spinning me around in a circle with happy cheers, her coat-tails flying behind her with every spin. “You’re here! You’re here, you’re here, you’re here!”

My own smile just got wider, and wider.

“I can’t believe it!” Anko finally sat down on the couch, placing me in her lap. “You’re actually here!”

“Hey, Anko,” I greeted with a grin, feeling very comfortable in my seat between her warm thighs.

“Daisuke,” Anko replied, looking back at me with the happiest smile on her face. “I thought I’d never see you again.”

“I really missed you, Anko,” I told her, still smiling. “Want these? I made them myself.”

“You,” Anko started, taking the bouquet from me with a surprised look on her face. “You made these? For me? Daisuke, you shouldn’t have.”

“Pft, I wanted too,” I waved it off. “So, who cares?”

Anko laughed and set the bouquet down on the coffee table in front of us. “That is so sweet of you! Thank you.”

“My pleasure,” I said, smiling again as she embraced me and nuzzled her cheek against mine…then her face into my neck.

Yeah, she is definitely feeling it. Like a lot. “So, how’ve you been?”

“I’ve,” Anko began, trying to maintain her cheer but having some…guilt? Overshadow it. “Been okay.”

Perception Check Success: 10/5.

Medicine Check Success: 100/60.

“You have a hangover?” I asked with a frown.

“Yeah,” Anko nodded with a frown of her own. “Just a small one, though, so don’t worry about me.”

“Good party last night?” I asked with a smile.

“Not exactly,” Anko replied sheepishly, rubbing the back of her neck in embarrassment. “I’ve just missed you, Daisuke. So much.”

“I missed you too,” I said, trying to bring the cheer back with a smile. “It’s part of why I came back.”

“Wait, really?” Anko asked with a surprised expression.

“Really,” I confirmed.

She looked at me like I had grown a second head.

“I’m being completely serious,” I affirmed again, still smiling.

“But I was horrible to you,” Anko argued with a deep frown. “Why would you want to come back for me?”

Well, she wasn’t that bad.

Charisma Check Success: 10/3.

“Because I love your upbeat personality. I love your professionalism on missions. I love your jokes,” I began, counting it off on my fingers…ah, screw it. I leaned in and kissed her on the lips. “And I think you’re the prettiest kunoichi in the elemental nations.”

Anko was completely still, her face going slightly pink as her fingers went up to her list. Yeah, she definitely has changed her mind from ‘shame your underage’ but what was that unsettled look in her eyes…oh. She’s really conflicted about it. Right, that makes sense. Way to go, Daisuke, you didn’t see this coming.

Let’s give her an out so she can keep her dignity without insulting me.

“This is the part where you either kiss me back or slap me,” I said with a small smirk. “I don’t bite either way. Promise.”

She brought her hand up cupped her fingers around my neck and very slowly and hesitantly pulled me into another kiss. A deep one, a long one. Feeling her breath through my lips sent a shiver of pleasure down my back, giving me goosebumps. I wrapped my arms around her back and her other hand ran through my hair. My hand travelled up her back, the other pulling her closer by the neck.

Then she broke it off with a gasp. Anko slid out from under me and jumped off the couch. Her face was deep red and she was panting heavily. “Daisuke, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have done that.”

“Sorry for what?” I asked with a frown. “We were just making out.”

“Daisuke, I’m ten years older than you,” Anko answered with a desperation in her voice that made it sound like she was trying to convince herself more than me. “I’m sorry. I really am. I shouldn’t have done that. You deserve a girl that’s actually going to be good for you instead of someone that’s going to turn into an old maid before you even hit your twenties.”

I mean, she’s not that old.

“So…you know what? You should go kiss Ino,” Anko said with a smile and a nod. “Because she’s been desperately wanting to talk to you after you left and she’ll be nothing but good to you. I promise.”

“Ino’s on a mission,” I replied with a shrug, still smiling slightly. “Besides, I wanted to kiss you.”

“Daisuke, that can’t work,” Anko shook her head rapidly, her face still red. “It can’t. It’s too big of a difference. I’m an adult and you’re a child-”

She froze, both of her hands flying to her mouth to cover it. The redness in her face disappeared, alongside all the other color that was in her face. Part of her thought I was going to leave. The other part thought I was going to murder her.

“I’m sorry-” She breathed out.

I never want to see that look of terror cross her face ever again.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” She shook her head, slowly getting to her knees for a kowtow. “It just slipped out. I didn’t mean to call you a child. It’s just that…”

Her voice trailed off at my expression, and her hands were trembling slightly.

Was I really so easily angered over a single word?

…I think I should tell her.

It’s going to come out sometime, especially since I’ve gotten over it and both Naruto and Kakashi are not in the village right now. So, I might as well tell her, if only so she doesn’t want to kill herself for returning my affections.

“Anko, I’m not mad,” I told her, calmly and matter-of-factly.

“You’re not?” She asked quietly.

“No,” I confirmed, whipping out a piece of paper so I could start drawing out my…explanation. I gestured for her to come back. “Now, come back here. I’m going to explain the…issue that I had with being called a child.”

I’m going to tell her.

How do I tell her?

Obviously, I use visual aids but how do you explain…that?

“…okay.” She slowly came back to the couch and took her seat next to me.

I wrapped my arm around her and held her close while, with my other hand, I started drawing. “Do you know what reincarnation is?”

“Uh, that’s people getting reborn as someone else after they die,” Anko replied with a curious frown. “But it’s not a real thing, though. Everyone knows that people go to the Pure World after they die.”

“Not necessarily,” I replied with a frown of my own.

“What do you mean?” Anko asked, looking at me with concern. “You’ve been bringing people back. You know that’s where everyone goes.”

“I also know that there’s exceptions to that rule. The Fourth’s soul, for instance, was bubbling around the Shinigami’s stomach ever since he sealed the Kyuubi away. Then, there’s me.” I began, taking a deep breath as I prepared to lay out the one secret I promised to take to the grave for a woman. My partner, my friend, the object of my affections. “The issue that I had with being called a child, Anko, is that I am a reincarnate. I…I died. And was reborn as Shimoda Daisuke thirteen years ago, but I still remember everything from my life beforehand.”

Charisma Check Success: 10/2.

On the piece of paper in front of me, I was drawing an animated picture. In the center was a wheel with babies circling the outside, waiting to be released into one of three other circles that I had drawn. The three other circles represented the three worlds that I had…drawn from. My old world, the world of Fallout and our World.

“That…that’s crazy,” Anko began, her head tilting as she examined the graphic with fascination. “You didn’t go to the Pure World?”

“Nope. At least, not that I remember,” I replied with a shrug. “We actually called it Paradise back in my old world.”

…bit more complicated than that, actually, but it’s close enough.

“Your old world,” Anko parroted back to me. “You’re saying that you reincarnated into our world from another world, separate from this one, and you remember everything from your previous life.”

I just nodded and she went back to staring at the graphic, watching the souls from each world die, pop back into the center wheel and then pop into either the same world, a different world or simply stay there for an extended period of time.

Just wait for her to come to grips with it enough to say anything.

She grabbed one of the skewers from my bouquet and pulled a dango off with her teeth. I handed her the paper and she stared at it while holding it in one hand, while holding the dango in another. She chewed her dango, swallowed and then slid another one right into her mouth, not saying anything for the longest time.

When she finished her skewer, she tossed it onto the table in front of her. “This…is crazy.”

“I understand if you don’t believe me,” I shrugged, standing up. “I know it’s pretty crazy.”

“No!” Anko raised her hand to stop me, grabbing me by the wrist. “No, no. That’s not it. Don’t go. I believe you. Really.”

Charisma Check Success: 10/4.

…she’s telling the truth. She really believes me. Wow.

I think that proves she’s girlfriend material.

“I…I just,” Anko shook her head. “I didn’t expect this. That’s all.”

“Well, how could you expect it?” I asked, sitting back down. “It’s the weirdest thing to happen to anyone, ever.”

“No kidding.” Anko shook her head again in disbelief. “Just…what did your death look like? From your point of view.”

“What did it look like?” I blinked. She believes me, but she’s trying to…verify it. Huh. Alright, I can oblige her. “Okay. Here, let me show you.”

I made a new piece of paper and placed it on the coffee table, this one I drew…my point of view from the car. In as vivid detail as I could get, which may as well have been a video screen. “So, in my old world, we had things called cars. Hi-speed, self-driving wagons, you could think of them as.”

Anko’s eyes went wide again, her head falling and suddenly stopping as her eyes came level with the picture.

“This is the speedometer, telling me how fast I was going, this is the steering wheel so I can tell it what direction to go in…” I pointed out each individual part of the car that I could see and explaining what they did. “It was early morning and it was dark. I think I was kind of drowsy too, I was heading to work.”

“What did you do for work?” Anko asked quietly.

“I delivered parts for an auto store to local garages,” I replied with a nod. “Basically, it was like a weapon shop, but for parts for cars and the garages repaired the cars with these parts if something went wrong. Anyway, I was speeding along here, then this truck, a big car with a trailer in the back for hauling large stuff like boxes…he wound up pulling in front of me here and I crashed.”

Just laying it out like this made it seem so…less impactful, even though it was literally the most important event in my life until recently. “The windshield there broke into a million pieces and one of those pieces lodged itself into my skull. I died instantly.”

Anko took that, well, animated gif on a paper and studied it carefully.

“Then after nine-ish months of being in the womb,” I started to wind it up. “I was born again. Here. In Konoha. I’m pretty sure I was completely crazy, too. From the isolation? Yeah.”

Anko didn’t move, watching the crash play out in front of her again and again. I waited for her to say something.

“Ino has this.”

“Huh?” I looked at her curiously.

“Ino. When she went into your mind, she got a few memories,” Anko clarified, looking at me with a mournful expression. “She said it was the source of all your anger and pain.”

“Well, it was,” I agreed. “I might tell Ino about this, I don’t know. I kind of want the past to stay in the past.”

“Why are you telling me this?” Anko asked with a frown.

“Because Naruto and Kakashi are out of the village,” I replied with a smile. “And I don’t want you to kill yourself because we like each other.”

“You don’t want me to-” She started giggling sardonically to herself. At herself. “I don’t deserve to hear about this.”

“I think you do,” I gently rebuffed. “And I’m the one who decides. When I was a statue, you were one of the few people who actually cared about me. Sure, we had a few rough patches, but friends fight…and make up. I was being kind of dumb.”

“You weren’t being dumb.” Anko’s head snapped to look at me. “Not even close. Sarutobi needed to be held accountable for his crimes.”

“Yeah, but I should’ve given him the chance to come clean before the village.” I shrugged. “And I should’ve told you in private, instead of turning it into just one big temper tantrum. Soured the message a little.”

“I don’t know about that,” Anko replied, leaning back into me with a cat-like smile. “It was fun watching you kick him around.”

“Well, I’m glad you were suitably entertained,” I replied with a matching grin. “But, yeah. That’s why I hated being called a child.”

“How old were you when you died?” Anko asked with a frown.

“Twenty-four.”

Anko’s mouth fell open. “You were my age!”

“I was,” I replied with a smile.

“So, you’re…you’re…you’re like a man trapped in a child’s body,” Anko said, her eyes growing wide.

“Well, kind of. I have the memories of an adult and what it was like,” I explained, shrugging and looking down at the picture. “It’s why I never felt comfortable seeking a relationship with Ino or Hisako, even though they desperately wanted one. It’s why I really only felt comfortable with you.”

“Oh,” Anko cupped her lips with her fingers in thought.

“But, frankly? The lack of control I have over my emotions? My inability to really plan ahead or deal with the consequences of my actions?” I listed each of things off with my fingers. “I have regressed in my physical, mental and emotional development to a teenager. Being reminded of that fact made me angry, but that’s the reality of the situation.”

“It sounds like you got over it,” Anko replied, looking directly into my eyes.

“Well, I kind of did. On accident,” I answered. “I went back in time, to when the crash happened.”

“Why did you do that?” Anko asked, looking completely bewildered.

I like how she didn’t even question that I did do it…

“I wanted to kill the guy who was driving the truck,” I answered, pointing to the red truck in the photo. “I really, really wanted to kill him. For what he did to me. For what he put me through. But, when I got there, I came face to face with my corpse and broke down. After sitting there, crying like a baby for a few minutes, I stood up to try to get some justice on this careless idiot when, surprise! He had died before I did. Heart attack.”

Anko just blinked. “Seriously?”

“It was just an accident,” I continued with a shrug. “Unless that old man was deliberately murdered by whatever cosmic force sent me here, this whole thing was just an accident. So, my anger at this guy faded, and with it the anger I had with my entire situation, including being called a child.”

“Daisuke, I am so sorry,” Anko said, her eyes starting to well up. “That must’ve been hell.”

“I just didn’t like being reminded of everything I lost,” I answered, taking her hand in mine. “Which was…well, a lot. But I’m over it now. I’ve accepted that I’m not the person I was, even though I really wanted to be. It happened. Might as well move on and accept my situation for what it is.”

“So, I just have one question,” Anko began, wiping away the tears that threatened to spill down her cheeks. “And please, please don’t take this the wrong way.”

“Go ahead, please,” I said, getting ready.

Anko got a really hesitant expression on her face, like she was afraid of being struck for asking the question. “Why didn’t you ever age yourself up?”

I froze.

Then I laughed. Really, really hard.

“Well, its better than you getting mad,” Anko muttered to herself.

“So, the answer,” I started, trying to contain my laughter and not quite succeeding. “The answer is really simple. And stupid. You’re going to laugh and think I’m an idiot.”

“I won’t laugh,” Anko rebuffed with a frown.

“The reason is that it just didn’t occur to me,” I replied with a wide.

“It never occurred to you,” Anko said with a mystified expression.

“Nope, not once!” I replied with a smile. “Probably a good thing, because I actually am not sure it’s a good idea.”

“Why do you think that?” Anko asked with a frown.

“Firstly, everyone in Konoha knows me as a thirteen-year-old Special Jounin,” I started to list off my reasons. “If I were to age myself up, all it would do is reinforce the idea that I’m a child who can’t handle reality and disgust the people around me, my friends, for going so far as to change myself like that.”

“That’s,” Anko began, tossing the idea around in her head. “A good reason. I guess.”

“Secondly, and more importantly,” I continued, taking a deep breath. “I accepted what happened. That’s the long and short of it. I accepted that I died. I accepted that. If I were to age myself up, it would fly in the face of my epiphany, the thing that I had been needing for a long time. It just wouldn’t feel right now.”

“Oh,” Anko said with a deep frown. She looked up at me from her sunken head. “…what if it was only temporary?”

I stopped to consider that idea. A temporary age up for certain circumstances…might not be bad. It is only temporary, doesn’t take away from my natural growth really and would be really, really handy for planning sessions. At least, I think it would be handy. I also don’t think it would really intrude on that epiphany I was talking about and it would mean that those who knew me as a teenager…would still see me as a teenager.

But let’s ask the obvious question here. “Would it help?”

Anko wordlessly nodded.

I hummed. I mean, I can’t really see anything wrong with it.

Intelligence Check Success: 10/8.

Ninjutsu Check Success: 100/75.

Medicine Check Success: 100/100.

Growth Spurt.

It was a really complicated jutsu, actually. Chakra intensive, too. It was a medical jutsu that implemented a growth steroid into my body to age me up. The complicated part was making its effects temporary and without any side-effects, but it’ll hold until I release it.

I could feel the effect immediately, once the rush of chakra had passed. I was obviously taller, from how my vantage shifted. From the warm spot I was sitting on, I was clearly taking up more room now and my head…oddly clear. Well, clearer.

With a smile on my lips, I turned to Anko. “Better?”

I like how my voice is noticeably deeper.

Anko went pink again, and her eyes grew wide. “You’re perfect.”

“Well, I don’t mean to brag…”

She pounced on me, getting on top and wrapping her arms around me. I felt her warm chest pushing into mine, her legs straddling my torso and her eyes…her eyes looked hungry. She pressed her lips into mine, eagerly and enthusiastically.

Our lips were moving with each other, pushing firmly, then softly. Anko’s tongue licked across my teeth, demanding entry. With my own, I greeted her. We danced, played together as I ran my fingers through her hair and she gently lowered her hand over my chest, seeming to savor every hard curve of the muscles.

I broke it off and let her come up for air. Her face was crimson, and her lips were puffy, just like I’m sure mine were.

“You’re amazing,” Anko breathed.

“Thank you,” I said with a grin. “I took a perk just for this.”

Anko’s head tilted and she smiled, though somewhat confused. “There’s a perk for good kissing?”

“Sort of,” I said, taking my perk book out because I did need to disclose this, part of me or not. I opened it to the perk page. “It’s called Lady Killer.”

Anko took the book and read it. “Do increased damage in combat to women, and improve your social opportunities when dealing with them.”

She closed the book, blinking in confusion.

“Are you mad?” I asked with a raised eyebrow.

After a moment, she just laughed and handed the book back to me. “No. That was the best investment you’ve ever made.”

Yup. Girlfriend material. High quality girlfriend material. Only thoughts about Lady Killer being ‘awesome, he’s better at kissing’.

“So, you want to go get breakfast?” I asked, sitting up, with her scooting back into my lap. “I’d have to be a teenager again, but I’ll treat you.”

“I…that sounds wonderful,” Anko answered with a smile. “But, um…Daisuke, there’s something I need to say. It’s really important.”

“Alright, I’ll hear you out,” I responded with an easy grin.

“And please, don’t interrupt,” Anko said, pointing a finger into my chest. “I need to say the whole thing. Please.”

“Okay,” I said with a nod.

She stood up and walked around the coffee table in front of me, getting down on her knees. “Daisuke, when we first met, I called you kid, and I’m really sorry.”

I almost broke out with an ‘it’s okay’, but she had asked me not to interrupt. If nothing else, I was going to be a good listener.

“Then you removed the curse mark from my shoulder,” She said, looking me dead in the eyes while she rubbed the spot where it used to be. “I told to Old Codger that I wanted to pay you, but he told me that you did it for free. Was that true?”

I nodded.

Anko sighed, looking even more downcast now. “Afterwards, you visited me in the hospital. You brought me a ton of books to read and you played board games with me. You made me smile, even if you didn’t know how you were doing it. When I got out, you helped me again by training me back to full health. Better, even. My Taijutsu got better because I trained with you.”

Yeah, pretty much. She did improve while we were training together.

“Then I went with you to the Chunin exams. To support you,” Anko began. “You know what I did instead? You met Orochimaru and drove him off. You drove my old sensei off. Orochimaru. A Sannin. You remember what I did?”

Anko gulped and she was crying again. “I turned on you. I yelled at you and then told Sarutobi not to promote you. But then you went out and killed him.”

She looked up at me, into my eyes. “You tracked down Orochimaru, the specter of my nightmares and killed him. You slew my monster. You gave me solace and closure, Daisuke, because I knew he was dead.”

I’d do it again, too. Not just to help Anko, but because he was a toxic waste of a brilliant mind.

“You got justifiably angry about how you’d been treated until then,” Anko started again, sounding more and more upset. “But back in the hotel, when your teammate was yelling at you for getting angry? For protesting unfair treatment? Did I have your back? No. Did I tell your teammate that she was out of line? No. Did I try to go with you so you wouldn’t have to face fixing your social issues alone? No. You remember what I did?”

I shook my head.

“I held a kunai to your throat,” She answered, tears starting to fall down her cheeks. “When you got mad at her. Justifiably mad. I joined the scared mob afraid you were going to start popping heads when I should’ve been on your side.”

Wait, she did?

Oh yeah, I guess she did! Huh, I forgot all about that.

“Then when we got to Konoha, you tracked me down to apologize.” She shook her head in disbelief. “Apologize to me. Me. I should’ve been on my knees begging your forgiveness. I wasn’t even fit to lick the dust off your boots. I’m still not. But you came to tell me sorry for not telling me the monster was in the desert. Then, finally? When you told everyone about what happened? What Sarutobi did? What he failed to do?”

Anko was angry. With Sarutobi, sure, but mostly with herself. “I turned my back on you again. That’s all I’ve ever done. After every kindness you’ve shown me, after everything you’ve done for me and on my behalf, I turned my back on you. I should’ve gone with you. I should’ve tried to help you. And now…here you are. Again. And you kissed me.”

She couldn’t talk, trying to compose herself. Trying to stop the sniffing and tears while her face was turning pink again.

So, I was wrong about her being girlfriend material.

Anko just analyzed her behavior, found it wanting and took responsibility for it. Do you know how hard it is for a person to do that? I can’t do that. If you were to look at me, you’d give me a failing grade for my absolute lack of ability to own up to the fact that I made a mistake. But Anko has not only proven that she can do that, but proven she can do so in a way that makes her want to change that behavior to become a better person and I want this in my life.

That’s not girlfriend material.

She’s wife material.

As in ‘put a ring on it right now you idiot because you may never get another chance’, wife material.

I love this woman. Little fast? Absolutely. This just hit me like a nuke. But then, I don’t do things gradually. Things happen to me suddenly and with great force. Almost Perfect, accepting my death…and now falling in love. With Mitarashi Anko.

“Daisuke,” Anko began. “I need to make this right. I want to serve you.”

Oh boy, here we go. Konoha’s Ninja Honor at work. The same force that compels Maito Gai to run laps around Konoha on his hands when he loses a competition to Kakashi, the same force that lets Naruto forgive anyone that trespasses against him was now making Anko…pledge herself to me.

“I want to go wherever you go,” Anko began. “I want support you in whatever you’re doing and help you however I can. I want to be with you and share your life with you. And, Daisuke? I know…that you want me. I know it now more than ever. So, take me. Do whatever you want. I’m yours.”

…okay. Alright.

So, she’s pledging herself to willing slavery. How about no?

“I need you to say yes,” Anko said, sounding desperate. “I need to make things right with you. Please take me.”

Let’s…hm. She really needed me to say yes. Her conscience was destroying her from the inside out and I know what that’s like. How to get through this while we both get what we want? I have an idea. I’m going to…rephrase her offer to something that I’d actually feel comfortable accepting. I think we might both be happy with this, actually…

“So, let me get this straight,” I said, extending my fingers to count them out. “You are offering to go wherever I go, to support me however you can and be with me forever. And you’re offering me sex. Is that right?”

Anko rapidly nodded.

I just shrugged. “That honestly sounds like you just proposed marriage.”

Her mouth fell open and she started sputtering in a panic, her face turning beat red again. “Th-th-no! That’s not what I meant! I-”

“Oh, that’s a shame,” I cut her off with a frown. “I was going to say yes.”

She stopped talking, her eyes going wide as dinner plates, her mouth having just glued shut. After a minute of her just sitting there mute, I walked over to her and kissed her on the lips. “So, for all your talk about how horrible you were, I thought you were pretty good to me.”

“How?” Anko asked, still mystified at how I didn’t see how she was as guilty as she saw herself.

“Well for starters,” I began, grunting as I shifted to take a seat next to her. “You actually played board games and talked about books with me. In the way that I wanted too, not as a thinly veiled attempt to woo me. You actually tried to get to know me and wanted to support me in the Chunin exams. When we were partners, you went along with my ‘no killing’ agenda without a single protest. Even though you thought it was weird. Oh, that part where you yelled at me? That was a time that I had actually screwed up and needed to fix things. So, guess what? It was warranted.”

“B-but I-” Anko tried to cut in, but I didn’t let her.

“And about that time when Hisako was yelling at me? I think it’s okay to assume I was going to pop her like a balloon, because I was almost mad enough to do it,” I replied with a shrug. “I was stressed and going through a bad time, so the idea that I might just flip out and do something I would regret for the rest of my life wasn’t out of the realm of possibility. Which means that you helped stop me from doing that, and I thank you.”

Anko stopped trying to cut in, just looking at me with a shocked face.

“So, in my personal opinion, I think you’re being too hard on yourself,” I told her with a wide, genuine and happy smile. “And I think I love you. So, if you wanted to propose, which it honestly sounded like you did, I was going to say yes.”

She wasn’t talking. Just staring at me like I had just blew her mind wide open. So, I just closed in for another kiss. She wrapped her arms around my neck as I went around her waist. Then I broke it off. “So, can you talk now?”

Anko just nodded.

“Then say what you want to say,” I told her with a smile.

“I think you’re way too forgiving,” Anko began uncertainly. But a smile grew on her face as her eyes started to sparkle. “And I love you for it. Daisuke, may I marry you?”

“Yes,” I told her. “Yes, you certainly may.”

Then we kissed again, holding it there for a long time, our tongues dancing together again. My finger trailed down along her perfect stomach, the other running up her back. One of her hands was running through my hair again, the other following my arm as it wrapped around her.

When we broke off, we just looked into each other’s eyes, completely content with the choice we just made.

“So, did you want a ceremony?” I asked curiously. “A marriage ceremony where we invite a ton of people?”

“Uh,” Anko began. “No. No, I think it would be best if we just went up to the Hokage and eloped.”

“I agree,” I told her with a nod. “Uh, I think I’m going to let go of the jutsu and revert to being a teenager when we ask him, I don’t want him getting weirded out and saying no.”

“Good idea,” Anko said as I started shrinking, seeming a little disappointed as I turned shorter than her. “He owes you, so hopefully he’ll actually marry us instead of accusing me of robbing the cradle.”

“I will get very upset with the man if he accuses you of anything of the sort,” I answered, standing and offering her a hand. “You and I both know that I haven’t been in a cradle in a hundred years, young lady.”

Anko giggled in spite of herself, taking the hand and letting me help her stand.

Good thing that my clothes automatically change to fit me this could’ve been embarrassing. Or it could’ve turned into something really hot and spicy.

…so, I wonder what I’ve got to thank for this turn of good fortune?

My charisma stat, my luck stat or Lady Killer?

Probably all three.

Quest Updated: Reasons to Live.

Completed: Get a girlfriend (1/1).

Thanks, game.

---

Author’s Note: I was able to write this pretty quickly, I just needed to, shall we say, let it sit for a bit and go through it a few times to change or fix typos and stuff. Because, frankly, Daisuke and Anko went from friends to fiancés in the course of 6k words. Probably going to get married in another chapter.

It’s a theme in SHINOBI for life-changing decisions to happen suddenly and with great force. Almost Perfect nearly destroyed Daisuke. Going backwards through time wound up resolving most of Daisuke’s personal issues. Seeing Anko again…wound up with both of them engaged. I know it’s odd, but to me? The writer who has very little experience with anything of the sort? It feels right. Anko wanting to pledge herself, Daisuke turning it into a marriage proposal, yeah. It feels right. There’s probably some (or a lot) of you who don’t agree and that’s fine. You’re probably right, too. But I like it this way and I hope that, even if you don’t agree with the way the story goes, you’ll at least stick with it to see if it turns into something you like. If not, I understand and I wish you well.

Shout out and a big thank you to EPiCJB19 for his support, becoming a new Super Patron! You’re awesome, my friend, thank you!

Also, shout out to Melden V, Anders Kronquist, Ray Tony Song, Volkogluk, Aaron Bjornson, iolande, Martin Auguado, Julio, Jiopaba, Hackerham, Tim Collins-Squire, Maben00, Sultan Saltlick, PostLifeSyndrome, Ventari, PbookR, RichardWhereat, Seij, ChristobalAlvarez, Aenor Knight and Apperatus. Thank you for your continued support!

Until the next time!

~Fulcon

KIro, JohnyXD, TheReader03 and 126 others like this.
  15. Hitmen101

Hitmen101 Getting out there.

Awesome chapter! :D
    Also I agree with you one what you said. :)

Bellcross and Relyt33 like this.
  16. asdo

asdo Experienced.

Mmm. Great chapter. It was Almost Perfect. Needs more cookies ;P

17. MMMm

MMMm Know what you're doing yet?

Oh, so they got married. And here I thought the controversal event would be a penguin related fatality over in Wave.

18. Kojivsleo

Kojivsleo I trust you know where the happy button is?

Some girls are going to be very very upset when word gets out who Anko is marrying.
    Also, good work on both if them working through it instead of having pointless angst like some authors would do for chapters on end being the situation being accepted.

I can't wait to see the reaction of the rest of the cast though to Konohas newest bride and groom.

Also gotta say I love that in this situation it's the woman asking for the hand in marriage and the man accepting.

19. Fulcon

Thank you, I'm glad you agree. Was a little worried this was going to be odd to everyone...

Well, have a cookie to fill the void. :p

Yeah, nah. I was just worried it was too fast for people is all. Also, Penguins and Naruto next chapter! :)

EDIT: How did I miss this comment?

Yeah, nah. Daisuke's...grown out of that. He's just taking life easy, so why stress about stuff like this? If you need to talk about it, talk about it. It works.

Neither can I. It's going to take a few chapters to get through, buuuutI hope it'll be worth it.

I thought it was a clever twist here. I'm glad you liked it, too. :)

Have a cookie!

20. Garganator

Garganator Experienced.

To be fair Daisuke never promised to date any of them, unless my memory today is really, really off. So yeah, they can be upset, but Daisuke is still his own person and may choose whoever he wants as long as other person also wants to be part of that choice of course.

I think this would possibly look slightly different if some old issues of Daisuke were still part of it. Right now he is far more adjusted and while Anko is a person with some personal issues (Orochimaru really screwed things up for her, so it left some mental scars), in the end Orochimaru's death helped her alot.

So those two by shinobi standards... are reasonably well adjusted and mentally balanced, so they quickly talked things around and accepted each other. I think this is far more reasonable then anything happening long term in this kind of scenario with two people which like each other, support each other and mostly left worst of their issues behind.

Ah yeah, this should be glorious to read.

Also makes sense that strong, reasonably confident kunoichi would be the one to ask for potential hand in marriage in that world. It also confirms that existance of strong women like kunoichi even in feudal-like world like Naruto affects this part of their culture as well unlike in ours back then.

Personally I take his old years into account as well. If both are happy about it and they accept each other the way they are, why not.

And people like to think that story must build romance and all for at least several arcs or something to make it 'authentic', but truth is that people can also click in with each other pretty fast.

Now question is will their relationship survive long term, because in many marriages people truly learn about each other once that marriage happens. And it's not nice things they learn about each other.

I have a feeling you want to make it permanent and those marriages can happen, but they are really rare for a reason and divorce statistics are pretty high in overall.

But I don't want to be a downer, so I hope for them to stay and be happy with each other for even eternity if needed :p.

Now I'm curious how this will follow up with whole Kaguya reincarnation now that at least one ship sailed here.

21. Valint

Valint I trust you know where the happy button is?

It's batshit insane, but doing something lifechangingly batshit insane on impulse is right in the MC's wheelhouse, so it's in-characterly insane.

My potential issues with this would come up later, if the story presents this is a fine and rational thing to do which will have no negative consequences for them. If Daisuke does not, at some point, regret having rushed things like this, that would be nonsensical to me.

Putting a relationship on fast-forward means magnifying all of the potential relationship issues and having them hit in rapid succession. I have to think some obvious issues are:
    • Anko worships him rather than loves him, which isn't starting a marriage off on the right foot.
    • This is true even before she finds out that he's now a god (which, you know, might also be something a wife should know), and is going to make difficult-to-impossible any sort of relationship as equals, which Daisuke might really come to regret.
    • All of her skills, everything she's spent her life working toward, are all meaningless to Daisuke, because of the level he's playing at now, which should lead to serious doubts in her mind as to what she's bringing to the relationship. (The ramen shop girl might literally be more useful to him on a practical level, for her cooking skills.)
    • Daisuke's probably not all that keen on her sticking around with her old job, for that matter, as being paid assassins-who-don't-ask-questions and blowers-up-of-bridges is not only something he doesn't value, it flat-out disgusts him.
    • Anko's seen--and been through--a lot of shit. Mental age aside, Daisuke is arguably far more immature, given how comparatively peaceful and stress-free his previous life was. I could easily see Anko, as someone who's seen a lot of ways that people can prey on each other, being a lot more cynical about how messy Daisuke's plan to spread ninshu could get, though she'll probably just bury her opinions and servilely follow him.

22. MMMm

MMMm Know what you're doing yet?

The silver lining to this. The ability to emotionally connect to anyone and experience what they're feeling can work through rough patches better than anything else.

RichardWhereat, Relyt33 and Fulcon like this.
  23. SALADBAR

SALADBAR Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Ships being sunk can be heard from the background

24. Fulcon

You're right, Daisuke didn't promise to date them.

Hey, I hope so too. :)

*nods nods*

That's a good point.

That won't be a problem for much longer.

Ooh, this is a great source of conflict! I've been thinking of some things along these lines, but thank you for spelling it out and making it clearer for me. :)

It's definitely something to discuss. Anko could easily retire now, since Daisuke can magic up anything she might need or want with Jutsu and a great application of Solid Release. But she might not want too, and it is something that they absolutely need to talk about.

The flip-side to this is that Anko could (I doubt it) accidentally slip out of the role of Daisuke's wife and into the role of his mother in trying to teach him, something that I seriously doubt that she wants any part of. But yes, Anko has a lot more experience than Daisuke has in a lot of different fields, actually, and getting around that is going to be one of the more 'fun' aspects of their relationship.

...well, fun for us. Not so much fun for them.

Relyt33 and divoratore1 like this.
  25. JohnSmith

JohnSmith Not too sore, are you?

To be fair, Anko’s likely about to be a goddess. I’m pretty sure Daisuke could just spam the Ascension jutsu if he wanted to.

RichardWhereat, Relyt33 and Fulcon like this.
  26. Fulcon

He could. The only reason he hasn't SPAMMED it is because Shinigami threatened to give him a 'talking too' if he made everyone immortal. Because Shinigami can do things that Daisuke hasn't even thought of as a way to get back at him, he's just too lazy to use any of them right now.

EDIT:

Lots of ships. Loooooots of ships.

Daisuke/Kaguya, Daisuke/Ino, Daisuke/Hisako, Daisuke/Ayame...

27. MiraiGW

MiraiGW He who drinks to attain enlightenment

Sooooo he came clean about his past, his powers in a way, and not only reconciled with Anko but also somehow managed to turn a 'will be your slave' into a 'will you be my husband' situation. All in the span of a single chapter that's apparently 6k words by your own count.

......*laughs maniacally* Ooooooh the glorious shit that'll follow will be Legen....... wait for it....... dary!

But seriously doesn't seem outta character for him at all, or her really if given some thought. It's really not out of the blue either, between the two of them they literally talked about pretty much all their interactions together and the growth it gave both of them. A slowly budding relationship that finally blossomed into a spring daisy.

Relyt33 and Fulcon like this.
  28. Fulcon

I actually managed to turn it into 7k words through touching it up after I finished it initially.

Yes, yes it will be. And I can't wait to write it. :)

I'm really glad you think so. Character is king, I was just afraid that it was too fast for her and for him and people were going to think it was inappropriate. But, turns out it was pretty much okay. :D

Relyt33, Warer and divoratore1 like this.
  29. Alipheese

Alipheese Not too sore, are you?

It doesn't feel at all out of place to me. The world of Naruto is really harsh towards shinobi of any village. They never know when they might die, whether on a mission or just from assassination or something else. Making live-changing decisions on a dime like this would be outlandish in our world, but in he world of Naruto, and thus, SHINOBI: The RPG, is perfectly natural to me. It might feel like it went by really quickly, but the tension between them's been there a while, and they both knew it. Deciding to get married when they both know what the other thinks just means that they get more time to spend with each other in a manner that they want. When you know you could die on the next mission, you can't take anything for granted, and seize the opportunities you get.

Relyt33 and Fulcon like this.
  30. Fulcon

Hey, welcome!

I'm really glad you liked it ands that it made sense, I was more than a little worried that it'd be too out there for people.

Relyt33 and divoratore1 like this.