1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

SHINOBI: The RPG - Act 2 (Naruto/Fallout SI)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Fulcon, May 7, 2019.

1. MagusZanin

MagusZanin Know what you're doing yet?

It's a shame that SB is dumb about this, but whatever. Enjoyed the chapter. :)

Relyt33 and Fulcon like this.
  2. Reader_as_a_Hobby

Reader_as_a_Hobby Versed in the lewd.

Fuck Yeah! My ship is out to sea!

It's almost like he has a "you're a god now" jutsu......

Anko was already fully ready to go missing nin with Daisuke, even when she thought he might've been actively against konoha as a whole and the current hokage, so I don't think she'll have too much of a problem with ending her career as a konoha shinobi.

And with daisuke's decision to share so much then he's almost certainly going to tell her his idea to spread chakra and make ninja villages obsolete. Which she probably won't really mind because, again, she was willing to do it when she thought he might have violent intentions, and now he just wants people to decide for themselves that it makes no sense to have ninja villages as they are, no violence necessary. Plus, as he's shown with gato, there would still be things for her to do all shinobi like.

And there's also the fact that, if he makes her a goddess, then fighting is likely to be a bit boring. And it's not like she's a battle nut anyway, she just likes fucking with people and doesn't mind if it's teasing them, or scaring the fuck outta them. Preferably both. And she'd probably be better at that as a goddess then before anyways.

Relyt33, Rabid Tagger and Fulcon like this.
  3. Fulcon

Fulcon Not working on it anymore. Sorry.

They have their reasons, so I'm not mad at them. I'm just glad so many people followed me over to this site. :)

Not entirely sure when I decided to make it official, but it was...I think it was right before I started writing chapter 8.

Indeed. :D

Given how she retired and became an Academy Teacher after the series, I'd say that she mainly stayed on as a Shinobi to kill Orochimaru and then later, Kabuto. Once she let that go and the wars stopped, she had no issue with becoming the class mom.

She has a facade. It's a facade she enjoys putting on, but it's a facade nontheless. It's also a facade that I can see Daisuke growing rather fond of as time goes on.

Relyt33, Rabid Tagger and divoratore1 like this.
  4. Reader_as_a_Hobby

yeah, the sadism was mostly a front, and I can see her being way less sexually provocative with someone other than her hubby now, but I do think she likes to fuck with people, so maybe she'll pull pranks somehow?

Relyt33, Rabid Tagger and Fulcon like this.
  5. Fulcon

Pranks?

...well, she has been described as an adult, female Naruto...

EDIT: Wait, do not read into that. Or...do?

Dasuke/Naruto is crack.

6. Reader_as_a_Hobby

It just means that she'll get along well with her brother-in-law.

7. The Unaligned Player

The Unaligned Player Agony that desires to meet Extinction

And the world get’s a collective shiver down it’s spine, and starts looking at insurance options

Relyt33 likes this.
  8. Fulcon

Darn. Straight.

Which will be a lot better than how they wound up interacting in canon. :D

*laughs*

Have a cookie, welcome.

Relyt33 and divoratore1 like this.
  9. Reader_as_a_Hobby

An exasperated but still smiling Daisuke walking along their trail of chaos fixing everything.

10. divoratore1

divoratore1 Not too sore, are you?

I do not understand? Is tea addicting? I thought that was coffee?
    That's such a Daisuke thing to do. "Oh she held a kunai to my throat, huh forgot that happened."
    And there goes my heart, shattered in pieces. Jokes aside yeah, Kaisuke(?) would be my main ship but, again, Anko works too, and it does fit better, since they have an history with each other while I don't think Daisuke even knows Kaguya exists outside of "that dimension-travelling soul". Sadly, reality once again sinks a ship. Beware though, lest it rise again an Abyssal... okay I don't even know where I'm going with this.

All in all, good stuff. It's somewhat jarring just how fast some stuff happens, but it's one of the fic's things now and it's rather fun to see from the outside. Especially with how everybody's gonna react to this. If and when they find out.

11. Fulcon

Actually, Tea can be addictive, though it has less caffeine in it than coffee. In particular, green tea, the tea of choice in the elemental nations may contain less caffeine in it than black tea but still has more in it than most sodas.

My religion has a prohibition against addictive substances because it makes it harder to feel promptings from the Holy Ghost, though caffeine in soda is a hotly contested point. Coffee and Tea are forbidden by name, though Daisuke is starting to wonder to what extent his faith is actually valid in another dimension.

I thought it was such an interesting contrast: Here, Anko is in tears over threatening his life and Daisuke didn't even remember she had and when he does, he doesn't even care. Because, well, it was a thing that happened.

I know what you mean. In canon, I was always rooting for Naruto and Sakura to get together, I felt that they had way more potential as a relationship and I was getting excited when I heard she had stopped hitting him (I feel kind of pathetic now), but...Naruhina and Sasusaku were the more popular pairings by far, which meant that they were more profitable, which meant that they became canon. Real life sunk my preferred ship.

Of course, Sakura was my waifu for a while and I related to Naruto a lot, so...hm...

Life comes at you fast. The best part is looking back at how things happened and laughing at how crazy it was.

12. divoratore1

divoratore1 Not too sore, are you?

Thanks for the information - I did not know any that. Then again, my knowledge on tea goes as far as buying the taste that looks nice (which feels is really weird to say).
    If you survive. Or pull an isekai. But yes, life is at its best after you can laugh at the insane and sometimes terrible stuff that happened to you, and before ANOTHER terrible and painful thing happens. The sweet spot, as it were. Seems like the Kaiju will deal with that, though...
    Well yes, it also highlights their personalities as well: Daisuke has become incredibly chill and relaxed - mostly - after the epiphany, and tends to be just "alright, that happened" to most things after a while. I'm not even sure Anko could have hurt him all that much, he kind of DID stomp Orochimaru, and had counters for jutsu, genjutsu and poison, I think physical damage resistance too... Though it's probably more of a moral thing. Anko, on the other hand, feels really guilty about everything that happened, and as guilt-ridden people often do ignored what good she did for him and focused on what she did "wrong". It's even more... intense, I guess, because of the Leaf's philosophy.
    That tends to happen. As they say "Life's a bitch, and then you die.".
    Actually, I don't think I've seen signs of Daisuke particularly liking Sakura, even in the earlier parts. I suppose he was already plenty of busy with his own relationship issues, and didn't have time to dwell on that?
    Nah, it's just kind of awkward because that's Japan's version of slapstick and it doesn't translate culturally all that well. I think, anyway. Her not hitting him anymore does indicate a... relationship meter increase, I guess.

13. Fulcon

Happy to help! I actually had to look the information about tea myself since the only thing I knew about it was 'it's caffeinated' and 'scriptures say its bad'.

I agree! The reprieve between life's challenges is often the fondest part of life and we appreciate it greatly because of all the crap we had to go through to get there. :)

It was very much a moral thing with Anko. The fact that she, what's the word, disrespected? Daisuke at such a level after the service he did for her? Made her feel lower than dirt. Though, I actually didn't think about the Leaf's Philosophy of love and how it factored into how she was raised and viewed life and that just makes the scene work even more. It's great! Thank you for pointing that out to me.

Have a cookie.

Yeah, but that's the point of life in my religion. The secret is enduring well. :)

He was dealing with Hisako at the time and then Ino, so he didn't really dwell on it. That, and her abuse of Naruto (who at this point was a brother to him) became a bit of a turn-off. It's probably a good thing Daisuke never actually saw Sakura try to punch Naruto, or he would've broken her arm. Well, both of them, actually. Prior to Almost Perfect.

That's true. Thank for making me feel better. :)

14. Miestwin

Miestwin Monster on the outside, bishoujo on the inside

So, wait. What's your religion?
    It sounds disturbingly like Jehovah Witness.o_O

15. Fulcon

Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints - also known as 'Mormons'...but we really prefer to be known as members of that church.

divoratore1 and Relyt33 like this.
  16. MasMaud

MasMaud Not too sore, are you?

I'm calling it now. He'll end up with both Ino and Anko, who end up as goddesses of mind and snakes or similar.

It'll probably lead to ninshu wielding Snake People but it'll be a hell of ride.

17. Fulcon

Hm. We'll see. Honestly, I'm just trying to get the pieces in place for my plot to actually take off.

divoratore1, Relyt33 and MasMaud like this.
  18. Rechte

Rechte Getting sticky.

Fulcon: And I don't want no hangover
    Anko: It doesn't give you a hangover
    Fulcon: And I might overdose
    Anko: You can't OD
    Fulcon: It might make me want to ninshu with everyone
    Anko: It makes ninshu even better
    Fulcon: And it might be expensive
    Anko: It's the cheapest drink there is

Rabid Tagger, Relyt33 and Fulcon like this.
  19. JohnSmith

JohnSmith Not too sore, are you?

Anko might be vengeance instead of snakes. Makes for a bit better of a godly domain.

20. Fulcon

*snickers and laughs*

Have a cookie. :)

Vengence...justice, maybe?

21. dragondude

dragondude Not too sore, are you?

Hey, fulcon, add one more person to the list of people who didn't let the website change stop him from following the story.

personally, I love the twist, though I think the greatest stresses on their relationship to begin with will be the disapproval and scheming from their friends and konoha's clans. At least on anko, who one hand, (apparently) gives zero fucks about their opinion and on the other just got something she never thought she would(daisuke made an honest, respectable woman out of her!) and might have an idealized view of it only for the shine to wear off when she realizes that everyone's disapproval of her only increased for being a cradle robber and marrying above her station.

conversely, I think internal pressures on their relationship will be at a low ebb until the external pressure isn't distracting them and they come off their honeymoon phase high.

I look forward to the soap opera romantic drama, which is not something I ever expected to think about a naruto fic.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  22. l---erddad---l

l---erddad---l Wait, google can see this?

I've just gotta say here, mad respect. The ability to think about yourself from an objective standpoint is incredibly important in writing a character originating from your own well, and I've seen too many people who decide what they're like and refuse to budge on the idea of changing through differing situations: Being able to approach the idea of your SI questioning their own religion due to their new experiences is incredibly hard-hitting, and helps to develop it to not be a power-wank SI, instead being an interesting character in their own right.

23. Fulcon

Hey, welcome! :D

That's a good point. I actually hadn't even considered that the clans and the village might actually have something to say about it beyond darn it, but that is an excellent point and it's going to be annoying to deal with. Neat! Thanks for your contribution, have a cookie.

...that is going to be interesting...especially given some places I've been planning to take them.

Hm...have a cookie.

Hey, thank you so much for the kind words! There are some things I don't want Daisuke budging from, but...tea is not one of those things. :)

Have a cookie.

24. Galacticplumber

Galacticplumber Not too sore, are you?

25. Fulcon

That's also a good point.

Hm.

I will think on this and get back to you guys.

26. Mr.Wizzard

Mr.Wizzard Making the rounds.

I feel like that scene from the Titanic movie.

Fulcon likes this.
  27. Krazyfan1

Krazyfan1 Versed in the lewd.

Neat!

...although i do think that when Daisuke goes to get the marriage officiated he should kinda talk about the whole "actually an adult" thing so its not just a 24 year old marrying a 13 year old, its a 24 year old marrying a 37 year old who has a temporary physical situation.

the whole "no wait officer, shes TOTALLY an adult, she just looks like a child" is Very iffy, and while since this is from Daisukes PoV most of the time its far less skeevy, its still something that should be dealt with.

Fulcon and Relyt33 like this.
  28. MiraiGW

MiraiGW He who drinks to attain enlightenment

.....does anyone else think she might have actually gotten chubby on PURPOSE now after reading that sentence? Cause it fits, crap does it fit. Anko might have actually let herself go on purpose to get rid of her sexy figure so people wouldn't keep looking at her like a sexual object of ultimate power and more like the local soccer moms!

Fulcon and Krazyfan1 like this.
  29. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

So, Naruto the god of good, and of forgiveness? Sasuke the god of avengers?

Also, since you're a god now, you can drop that old world religion, in favour of your own since you're your own god, and drink tea. And learn to like it. Like a civilised person.

Rechte and Fulcon like this.
  30. Galacticplumber

Galacticplumber Not too sore, are you?

Now now, everyone knows complex juice concoctions are optimal. One of the healthiest drink types, hilariously wide flavor variety, and to the best of my knowledge no addictive qualities or common rules against.

If that's not allowed soda is tasty depending on what you get. I'm a lemon-lime/rootbeer man myself. Also sometimes artisan sodas in a wide variety of flavors. Cherry-limeaid is just glorious.

If not that then slow pasteurized milk. The standard stuff is cooked at around 160F for ten to fifteen minutes killing all bacteria. If you go slower with a half hour at 145F you can get rid of the bacteria while still leaving the desirably flavorful non-harmful stuff alive.

If not that then Gatorade is acceptable.

In truly desperate times whole milk standard, or water, is functional but disappointing.

For those of you that are new here, culinary tangents are common after Daisuke took up cheffing.

Fulcon likes this.