1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Simonbob

Simonbob Really? You don't say.

All faiths tend to consider other faiths as wrong. With a Capital W.

Now that I think of it, so do athiests.

I make no judgments as to who is actuly right, personaly.

2. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

That's not true, though. A lot of polytheists go something like 'sure, your gods are real, they just aren't my gods.'

I hope this doesn't turn into a derail, but this is something I know about (despite leaning more toward atheist or agnostic), so I felt I needed to respond.

infinityDivided, Drode, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  3. Simonbob

Simonbob Really? You don't say.

Huh.

Might just be the polytheists I've met. They were.... agressive about it.

4. Sorrow

Sorrow Getting sticky.

If you get killed while attacking me because our political agendas don't match, I'm not gonna cry for you...

5. Impartial Panic

Impartial Panic I trust you know where the happy button is?

They are probably blocking his calls and would rather forget he exists at all after what was probably a very vicious rant from hades.

plus they are dicks so while they don't take joy in Pauls inconvenience they also have no incentive to resolve it either.

Well Buzz was luring the local teens into the cult as a makeout & more spot for them.
    wouldn't be hard to get them to sell their souls or take some hell juice.

then some poor dumb angel got shoved into linda due to a hiccup in the system caused by the recent dust up in heaven.

Linda more or less willingly involved herself with the demonic and now is hosting an angel that despises her for it.

infinityDivided likes this.
  6. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

To be fair, there occasionally have been inconsistencies that have been amended when pointed out.

I don't believe this is one of those times, of course.

infinityDivided likes this.
  7. BoML

BoML I trust you know where the happy button is?

......does it make me a bad person when, hearing this, all I can think about is "Too fucking bad, bitch."

8. Oglymogly

Oglymogly I trust you know where the happy button is?

Small typo on the story only thread:

"Batman, I have seen life's purpose, and now it is my own. That."

Edit: maybe a second one? Don't know if this is intentional or not.
    Is the period supposed to be coloured? It's a intense memory, but doesn't seem to be overcoming him.

Great progress on the story only thread, btw! I know it must be a chore and a half.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  9. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

It's his accent.
    I'm reasonably sure that the colouring is correct.
    Thank you. It is.

10. WaleXdraK

WaleXdraK Not too sore, are you?

What would happen if Truck Kun hit reverse Truck Kun ? Would Truck end up reincarnated as an human luchador trying to shoulder tackle peoples crossing the street? Or would reverse Truck Kun end up reincarnated as an overpowered harem protagonist ?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  11. Phrexia Unbound

Phrexia Unbound Oooh...that's good.

Yes and then they get married.

12. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

I think they just explode and destroy the universe they are in due to the matter-antimatter reaction.

13. WaleXdraK

WaleXdraK Not too sore, are you?

But would the universe end up reincarnated as an overpowered universe with an universe harem or reincarnated as a normal universe without universe power?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  14. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

It would be split down the middle. The half of the universe closer to one truck would end up super powered, and the other half would end up absolutely normal.

15. Threadmarks: Angelic (part 15)
    Mr Zoat

28th January
    13:06 GMT -5

"Where did you wake up? Was it Skyros? Because if so-."

"No. I awoke in a forest, not far from here. For a time I wandered alone, my connection to Creation's fires taken from me."

"If you don't want your weapons taken from you, don't try murdering people with them."

She raises her hands, fires blooming to life around each of them. "My theurgy may be gone, but as one who was part of the choir which sang the universe into being-"

"I'm more of a-"

"-I am well-familiar with-"

"-giant hand man-"

"-mortal magics, and-"

"-myself."

"-cease your heretical prattlings!"

"No! I don't work for you, I don't work for the Silver City and after you set fire to a street I am under no obligation to treat you as anything other than a criminal." I make a gesture of appeal with both hands. "What was that in aid of?"

"I could see the taint of the demonic upon them."

"This is exactly how Asmodel was able to hoodwink so many angels into joining his crusade of self-aggrandisement! It's all about appearances and not at all about content or philosophy with you people! They were under arrest! We are going to break the pact with Triskele and rehabilitate them! What the Hell have we come to when a pagan like me is more interested in redemption than an angel?"

The flames around her hands go out, her expression vacant. "I… No. No." Her eyes harden. "You did this to me-."

"I didn't do this to you. If you want to get back to the Silver City, all you have to do is repent in full and find a non-suicidal way to die. Once you're back, I'm sure the remaining Kings will find some way to fix you-."

"Guh!"

The fires go out and Noriel staggers. "No, no-."

Her hair shrinks, turning brown as her face restructures itself back into that of Ms Danvers. Who jerks, yanking her hands away from where Noriel was holding them. "Bitch! I'm not fireproof!"

"Ms Danvers-."

"Oh, you couldn't even fry the one person we both want dead!"

"Ms Danvers, I feel that you may have gotten somewhat over your head. And when that happens, the intelligent thing to do is admit to it at the earliest opportunity. Most people don't do that for reasons of ego, but I'm hoping that at this point you're willing to recognise that I'm a problem that neither you nor your… Housemate? Are equipped to deal with. And in a situation like this-."

She draws a small knife from.. somewhere with her right hand, and slices a cut across her left palm. "By blood freely offered-."

My construct manacles pin her arms to the wall behind her, then to the construct I place over the wall when I realise that it isn't rated for any significant strain. A filament evaporates when it touches the knife blade but a small electric shock is enough to make her drop it to the floor. Another pair of manacles pins her ankles while I float up the stairs towards her, a look of what I hope is frustrated benevolence on my face.

"Thank you for the evidence and probable cause, but that really wasn't very sensible. While an angel with-."

"Fuckingshitsuckergraaaaagh-!"

I muzzle her.

"With its full theurgical power intact is a threat to me, one using a human body and with only the earthly magic it can channel through an untrained body isn't. She couldn't burn me if she wanted to, and I've come to realise that -despite my antipathy towards them- many angels are in fact reasonable, rational beings whose ends do not necessarily match my own."

She is not happy about that muzzle. I take a look inside her. Oh, woe is me, my parents don't understand me, everything is stupid, Buzz shows me-.

Ah. Well, at least I know what he looks like now. But I don't think I'm going to get anything useful from Ms Danvers.

Hm. Let's see. What was the inscription John Dee used for this sort of thing..?

Lines and symbols appear on the surface of my constructs, Enochian characters which are supposed to make getting in contact with angels easier. For some reason summoners are much less inclined to call up angels than they are demons, despite the fact that the latter will always try to screw you on the deal. I mean, yes, summoned angels nuked the Resurrection Crusade, but only after they'd had contact with them for a prolonged period of time and after they mucked up a major job. Given how popular monotheism is, it's a little odd that more people don't try it.

Maybe it's an education thing?

Ms Danvers stiffens for a moment, then her… Their hair turns blonde again. Noriel looks around, her eyes focusing for a moment on the symbols on my constructs, then goes back to glaring at me. Since she appears to be the more reasonable half of this duo I remove the muzzle.

"That's curious."

"This is your fault."

"No, I killed you in self-defence. It's either Asmodel's fault for giving you an illegitimate order, yours for following it, or…" I shake my head. "I don't even know. This isn't what happened when the First died."

"Linda Danvers' lover, the demon 'Buzz', found me while I wandered lost and bereft. He performed a ritual, and when next I was aware I was like this."

"The police and my team are looking for Mister Buzz. Might I assume that you're interested in reversing this?"

"Yes."

"Do you want to go back to the Silver City?"

She regards me curiously for a moment. "Yes."

"Do you believe that I want rid of you?"

"Of course you do."

"Then start making yourself useful. How do I keep you dominant?"

"I don't know." She looks at the Enochian characters. "What is this..? 'Welcome'?"

"Atlanteans don't study theurgy. Does Ms Danvers have any particular magical power?"

"She can.. confuse me. Confound my mind, steer me… To an extent. But in her own right she is a minor ritualist."

"Right." I take a set of binding chains out of subspace. "I'm going to put these on you, then you're going to come with me to talk to the police. We're going to find Buzz, and then we're going to separate you, and then Ms Danvers can join her fellow cultists in prison."

I smile.

"And then you can go to prison for attempted murder. Take it as part of your redemption."

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  16. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

I imagine the angel will deal with being imprisoned with sinners well...

KenNM, Alexandercctv, Bolo and 5 others like this.
  17. FreeGod

FreeGod If you see a God on the road fuck it!

Angels often have a problem with taking the self out of self-righteous.

18. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Yea... Paul... No prosecutor in the US is going to charge her... And even if Paul somehow finds one willing to destroy their career by doing so... No Jury would convict her...

19. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Well, she was a duly deputised agent of heaven at the time, misguided as she was. It was kind of her job...

Again, to quote Tali: "It's fun watching you shout."

Ooh, armor piercing question.

...and find a non-suicidal way to die.

The fires go out and Noriel staggers. "No, no-."

...She casts Summon Bigger Fish. Dumbass!

Missing a Closing quote mark.

Ah, typical small-town teenage frustrations. How... Petty.

Impressive. Another step towards proper Orange light magic?

Or the Angels take exception to being summoned. Violent exception.

Thankfully, you'll only have to deal with those you've killed off up to this point, now the Sword is gone.

Surprised this wasn't Orange.

No significant threat, then.

We just know it won't be that easy.

Remarkable, a conversation with an angel that actually starts with intended murder and settles into uneasy alliance. What is this, Opposite day? :p

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    KenNM, Obliviated fan, Drode and 13 others like this.
  20. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

find

maybe the second contact should be "time"?

maybe "go to trial" rather than prison?... Rule of law and all that.

21. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

It should be find a non-suicidal way to die.

Guess that explains why you were amused by my suggestion that OL team up with Noriel to get the religious of his back. I can see the headlines now: Orange Lantern, first person to ever arrest an angel. That might spark in-universe theological debates.

22. Zeushobbit

Zeushobbit I use my mind and yours doesn't matter.

Pretty sure he's talking about her immolating a whole lot of people not her attempting to kill him.

23. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

The idea of an angel going on a human trial and facing mortal judgement is awesome on so many leels :D:D:D

24. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Doesn’t matter - she’s still an angel, so a lot of people will say she did right no matter what. The Southern US is religious like that.

KenNM, Alexandercctv, Finerc and 10 others like this.
  25. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    No, the only place they have to hold magic using suspects is Belle Reve.

26. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Well it will be interesting to see what tricks Zoat gives Buzz.

In the comics, his cult was able to ritually perform the Etrigan diddy to pull Etrigan out of Blood despite Merlin's spell and accidentally put him in Buzz.

Buzzigan, or Etribuzz, was a hoot.

Buzz even got someone to make a Bizarro from Linda- Bizarro Supergirl. Who had the angelic fire powers, much to Linda's surprise.

Finerc, Relyt33, Wheenesss and 5 others like this.
  27. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Then it would be murder not attempted murder.

Also this.

Even without that though, the moment she tells her story to the Jury it would pretty much cinch an acquittal. I mean... She was an angel ordered to attack hell, forcefully reincarnated on Earth by Paul while doing so, captured by a demon cultist and forcefully bound to a another demon cultist, who then convinced said demon cultist to attack other demon summoning cultists.

I mean... There are like four mitigating circumstances in there alone.

KenNM, Gilhelmi, Chaoswind and 4 others like this.
  28. Bramble Thorn

Bramble Thorn Verified Silhouette

His his spoken accent it makes you type words with the wrong spelling? Wow, that's cockney.

If she acts on the stand the way she has been acting in this episode, I could see myself convicting her.

Um. She is not actually an angel currently. Notice the lack of halo, pristine white wings, or theurgy. That makes her a fallen angel. That makes the demographic you are talking about more likely condemn her. You know, since god has obviously made his displeasure with her and her actions known, this is an opportunity to jump on the bandwagon and show everyone how devout you are. By throwing her under the bus.

Yes. However, the US doesn't seem to recognise anyone as an enemy soldier when the attack is on US soil. They get classified as an illegal combatant and no protection given to armed forces apply. So I don't think being a deputized agent of a foreign government/non-state religion actually matters.

...wait. Where they geographically when she attacked him? If this was during the battle where the Ice Fortress was destroyed, that was probably in international waters and an act of piracy. And with OL being an citizen of Themyscira, that might be where a trial should properly occur.

Considering most people aren't fireproof, wouldn't immolating people be less attempted murder and more, well, murder murder?

29. helios

helios Praise the Sun!

I wouldn't say no jury. If I were on the jury I'd be advocating pretty hard for a guilty verdict. All it takes is the right jury full of people who share my viewpoint.

30. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Hmm, I still don't know what episode it was actually in, but given what Paul says at the beginning of this episode...

You're probably right here, both Grayven and Paul know about the sword reincarnating, my bad.