1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Assistance finding something

Discussion in 'General' started by jo demon, Jun 13, 2019.

1. jo demon

jo demon Undertale, Yay

So, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know of any round robin story sites that aren't Addventure, I remember one that I read a story on, but I can't remember or find the one I want.

2. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

3. jo demon

jo demon Undertale, Yay

4. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Not a clue then...

5. jo demon

jo demon Undertale, Yay

I'll find it eventually....maybe.

6. Teln

Teln Pweeease?

Got a request of my own, if nobody minds. I'm trying to find a webcomic that was really popular on TWC a couple years back, but has dropped off the radar since. It was a once-weekly comic about two coworkers in a post-apocalyptic world, and it was pretty heavy on the flashbacks. The female lead was a redhead and self-taught witch, while her partner was a swordsman--which really stood out because it was a modern setting, and his swords were either magic, or guns and bombs just really sucked at demon killing. Possibly both. They were white-collar office drones before everything went to shit, and their boss had some vaguely-defined but important part in ending the world. The first major arc took place in a military refugee camp.

Oh, and everybody was a nekomimi. Everybody. The soldier's helmets even had triangle flaps on top, for the ears. The author was an open weeb, but not the obnoxious memetic kind. He was super-stoked about taking a long trip to Japan for work reasons--might've been a full-fledged job offer, but my memory's vague on that.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  7. january1may

january1may Versed in the lewd.

Could it be Writing.Com? There's a lot of interactive stories on there, mostly (but not always) fetish-focused.
    (There are round-robins as well; that's a different thing. What AddVenture has is interactive stories, so you're probably talking about those.)

Also, there are several different AddVenture sites; UBEA is just the most famous one. Though "ancient and hoary" is a good description for most of them (for UBEA too, come to think of it, but at least UBEA is still active).
    Sounds a lot like how a typical Writing.Com interactive would start. You sure it wasn't there?

EDIT:
    Might as well ask my own question... I've read a webcomic a while back (mid-2010s or thereabouts) about a team of D-list (maybe E-list?) superheroes struggling to make a living with their rather weak powers, in a word where superpowered people were relatively common. Lots of shenanigans happened; two that I still remember are a trip to Mars (with a lot of weird happenings once there), and a toy store looking like it came from the 1980s that also paid 1980s wages to its workers (which was still the highest reliable earning that one of the team's members could find).
    I tried to find that webcomic again, to find out what happened later, but I was unable to figure out what it could possibly have been.

I distinctly recall finding it through TV Tropes, but at some point I checked all the TV Tropes superhero webcomic articles that I could find, and none of them seemed to be that one - which made me even more confused. To be honest, by now I'm actually kind of wondering whether I just dreamed it up one night...

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  8. jo demon

jo demon Undertale, Yay

Writing.com seems too new if I'm looking at it.

Though you did jog my memory in that I remember the two openings had different things happening, with the dragon in each regressing to egg form and hatching into the appropriate species for the world.

9. january1may

january1may Versed in the lewd.

It's actually pretty old, going back to at least the mid-2000s. If your story was older than that, there's a good chance that whatever site it was on just isn't around any more.
    It's possible that you're remembering an earlier design of it; IIRC, there had been some design changes, which is not the case for, say, UBEA.

But, again, there are quite a few other interactive story sites (the AddVenture genre was really popular back in the mid-to-late 1990s), and some of them (Anime AddVenture comes to mind) closed down sometime between 2005 and today.
    So it's also possible that the site you're looking for is offline now (and/or that the site is still around but the story was removed, which is also known to happen, though it's probably less common).

10. jo demon

jo demon Undertale, Yay

Ah, probably a design change then, I’ll fiddle around with it more later.