1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Hell if I know. It came out in spring last year, last I recall. It's just announced right now so say it comes out next year and that will put two years between the two games.

2. Lady Vanatos

Lady Vanatos Cancer of Society

New CS3 Trailer.

Smuthunter likes this.
  3. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Compile Hearts did not take long either

“Long time no see, Arata.”

Oh boy, here we go again.

Lady Vanatos likes this.
  4. Lady Vanatos

Glad to see it did well enough for a sequel.

5. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

Btw, search zerg rush on google.

I only killed 20 of the buggers.

6. OverReactionGuy

...I didn't even know this was a thing in the first place. But yeah, warriors One piece 4.

7. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well worn.

I remember renting Burnout Paradise way back when it was released in 2007 and hated it compared to Burnout 3 Takedown. But on a whim I bought the remastered version (it was on sale for only $5) and I am having an absolute blast this time around. Racing at blistering speeds, ramming other racers off the road... everything about it is a joy.

Except for the Stunt Runs. I suck so bad at those. Also Showtime is still a disappointment to a proper Crash mode.

8. AllyDoodle

AllyDoodle Lewd Cthulhu

Since there has never been any word of a remaster, I'm suprised Ubisoft have never put the first Assassins Creed game on PSN with the achievements from the X-Box version.

I thought they might have so every game is on one console.

9. Badass6969

Badass6969 Well worn.

Speaking of PSN, does anyone know why I can't find Death's Gambit?

I think its available for PSN but with American Dollars, can't even find it with Hong Kong Dollars

10. Lady Vanatos

11. OverReactionGuy

Well, I got every game valve ever made apparently for like 5 bucks in the steam summer sale.

I was also on team corgi but I didn't get the Devil may cry series for free because I wasn't one of the random people chosen to receive their top 3 pics sadly. :(

I would have laughed so hard and so evilly if that was the case.

12. Dormin

Dormin Know what you're doing yet?

So guys, got a question for all of you, is hollow knight worth playing? I’ve been thinking about getting it on Steam, but would like some more input. If you think the game was worthwhile, please let me know and explain, specifically, why you thought it was good.

13. Sornek

Sornek Know what you're doing yet?

Right now i can't go in the specifics, but is a really good game with well balanced difficulty, for most bossess you have to learn their attack patterns.
    The art and music are really well done and the charcter are interesting.

If you like metroidvanias you should take it.

14. Aaron Fox

Aaron Fox That Crazy/Not-Crazy Guy

With quite a few mods dealing with aliens, the ARMA team decided to make a DLC about aliens... and add more stuff while they're at it.

daimahou and Rakdos92 like this.
  15. MinorGryph

MinorGryph Not too sore, are you?

Absolutely, the music and level design is amazing and the bosses are fun to learn. Platforming feels great and exploring the metroidvania style world to find everything will consume your life if you let it. I dumped 50+ hours into the game in a week and I was still finding things in the earlier areas.

Also the visual design is this striking mix of macrabe and adorable, basically dark souls with creepy chibi bugs. The art is clean and detailed and they put a lot of thought in making everything fit with the bug theme, such as the sword being a nail and one of the bug cities being in a bottle. Sometimes I just ran around an area after killing everything to observe the designs more closely.

Dormin likes this.
  16. Dormin

Sounds neat. You said the platforming was great, how about combat? I understand there’s a lot of boss fights in the game, are the controls responsive enough to make the battles feel good? (I’m not worried about difficulty, I just hate it when I have to fight the controller interface at the same time as the enemies.)

17. SuperMod

SuperMod perfectly immaterial surf

Anyone else play Bound by Flame? I picked it up cheap and honestly quite enjoyed it. Its a solid b game, I mean everything now has to be triple A or indie, but Ps2 had some incredible b level games and this felt like a throwback to that, its a bit linear but game play was actually fun and there wasnt anything really clunky or irritating in it.

Imabot and Dormin like this.
  18. MinorGryph

MinorGryph Not too sore, are you?

I played on switch and didn't have any issues with input latency or lagging. The boss fights felt great to me, they're basically more advanced platforming where you learn how to dodge around their attack patterns to hit them.

Dormin likes this.
  19. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well worn.

The first Assassin's Creed game is pretty garbage compared to the rest of the series. It may have started the franchise but it has not aged well. I had to force myself to finish it the first time around.

SwiftRosenthal and Derek58 like this.
  20. Derek58

Derek58 Rocket Punch is Best Punch

Yea, AC1 was really fucking rough. 2 was an immense improvement over it.

21. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

The two big things that AC1 needed, barring major changes to the progression (de-repetitive-izing the story missions) were always A) SUBTITLES, holy fuck how did they not remember to include that option, and B) checklist-maps and rewards for collecting all the flags and Templar kills. They didn't fully address that until Brotherhood.

Fix those, and the story missions will still be boring, but at least the collectathon part won't be utter hell.

22. Dormin

Bound by Flame, holy fuck that takes me back. I played it years ago a when it first came out. Yeah, it was a solid B game, which there aren’t many of these days. The middle market in games is kinda fucked right now. I rather liked it, especially the crafting system, which was frankly amazing. If you enjoyed that, I would recommend another game by the same developer called The Technomancer. It’s sort of a sci-fi version of Bound by Flame. It’s actually better polished and longer than that game, it feels like they took some lessons from their previous attempt and improved on the design.

SuperMod likes this.
  23. AllyDoodle

AllyDoodle Lewd Cthulhu

Well to be fair in AC2 you did get that cape even if it was completely useless expect for getting the trophy/achievement for wearing in every city.

24. Evillevi

Evillevi Shadow Pika!

I used to pay on keyboard and it's really goddamn precise . The issue being that getting good is going to take a while considering that you can non-obiously chain moves together since there's no animation (aka lag time) between actions.

Dormin likes this.
  25. AllyDoodle

AllyDoodle Lewd Cthulhu

For those of you that have played it, what is your thoughts on Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night?

I'm quite enjoying it so far, the only real complaint I have is how much Alkahest is takes to break stuff down. I know the devs didn't want to make it easy to do, but it It really shouldn't take nine of the damn things to break down a plate of scrambled eggs. I'm surprised a mod hasn't been made yet that either reduces Alkahest break down cost or the cost for buying them.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    Evillevi likes this.
  26. Aaron Fox

Eh, XCOM 2 has been giving me problems as of late for some odd reason. It lags horribly more often than not, the menu doesn't show up for a few seconds, and it crashes whenever I start the War of the Chosen arc...

Evillevi likes this.
  27. Evillevi

Evillevi Shadow Pika!

Are you using mobile data? Cause that causes a lot of problem for me

28. Aaron Fox

No, I have to use a USB wireless transceiver because my dad won't allow a wire through the house. :(

29. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

On a side note, the final Splatfest of Splatoon 2 ended. Pearl's side, Chaos, won over Marina and Order.

30. Dormin

Uh...why?