1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

[To Be Voted On] Civ Quest

Discussion in 'Questing' started by LordOfPie, Apr 20, 2015.

Tags:
  1. LordOfPie

LordOfPie (Verified Great Old One)

You are the leader of a small tribe of

[ ] Ogres - Large Humanoids. Pros: Enhanced Strength, Thick Skin. Cons: Low Intelligence, Slow.

[ ] Worgs - Large Wolves. Pros: Extremely Skilled Hunters, Natural Weapons. Cons: No Thumbs.

[ ] Dragonkin - Small Winged Humanoids. Claim to be descended from Dragons. Pros: Thick Scales, Small Chance of Magickal Talent. Cons: Vertically Challenged, Photophobia.

[ ] Imps - Lesser Demons. Pros: Very Intelligent, Major Chance of Magickal Talent. Cons: Extremely Frail.

[ ] Write In - Must be traditionally evil. Subject to QM Veto

Will most likely update within six hours of vote closing!

Derek58 likes this.
  2. LordOfPie

Reserved for Index and Char Sheet

Derek58 likes this.
  3. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

[X] catgirls - human cat hybrids with emphasis on humans. Pros: enhanced strength, enhanced speed, enhanced senses. Cons: requires other sapient species to reproduce.

what? catgirl civ died and i want to something along those lines again.

LordOfPie likes this.
  4. LordOfPie

Catgirls are not traditionally evil.

5. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

i am planning on being less evil. the flaw is meant to encourage/force at least some peaceful contact with other races.

misunderstood the objection. have you read catgirl civ quest?

LordOfPie likes this.
  6. LordOfPie

7. Derek58

Derek58 Rocket Punch is Best Punch

[X] Worgs - Large Wolves. Pros: Extremely Skilled Hunters, Natural Weapons. Cons: No Thumbs.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
    LordOfPie likes this.
  8. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Do they have to be explicitly evil, or can they have their own morality unrecognizable to most humans which they follow to the letter? I'm thinking of a race that was almost always the bad guys when they showed up in old stories.

[X] Faeries- unnaturally beautiful humanoids. Pros- Major chance of magickal talent, ageless, incredibly cunning. Cons- Bound by their word, weakness to cold iron.

9. LordOfPie

Indeed, that is valid. On a related note, Kitsune are on the table as well. Oh, and Faeries will be just as much Eldritch Abominations as they were in the old stories.

10. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Perfect!

LordOfPie likes this.
  11. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

[X] Worgs - Large Wolves. Pros: Extremely Skilled Hunters, Natural Weapons. Cons: No Thumbs.

LordOfPie likes this.
  12. wadledo

wadledo Not too sore, are you?

[X] Kaorti - Emaciated Humanoid Outsiders tied to the Cyst, a strange resin like substance that keeps them whole. Pros: Naturally magical, can transform other living creatures into more Kaorti or Kaorti Thralls. Cons: Can not survive outside the Cyst, Little Physical Strength.

13. daemonkeeper

daemonkeeper Getting sticky.

[X]Swarm- Insectoid creatures. Pros: Slavish loyalty, fast worker growth rate, chitin material available, mental supervision/communication possible. Cons: Slavish loyalty, very few planning units, poor ability to relate to other races (they are food).

any sort of insect species. Naribion (Warcraft), chrysalid (x-com), Starship troopers (bugs), (other?)

Slavish loyalty is such that if an intelligent unit commands them the troops will do anything. This does not mean that they do nothing when not told to do something, just that they go back to a basic set of instincts. It also means that if told to go to an area and they run out of food they will stave themselves to death on the way, or use cannibalism to ensure they get there.

Note that I assume that they can overcome problems with construction through teamwork so there isn't a technological issue except few intelligent units.

14. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

[X] Faeries- unnaturally beautiful humanoids. Pros- Major chance of magickal talent, incredibly cunning. Cons- Bound by their word, weakness to cold iron.

Only because catgirls are not evil enough. Faeries are my next choice after that.

15. AZATHOTHoth

AZATHOTHoth (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

[X] Ogres - Large Humanoids. Pros: Enhanced Strength, Thick Skin. Cons: Low Intelligence, Slow.

Xicree and Derek58 like this.
  16. LordOfPie

I'm going to leave the vote open for about 48 more hours, barring a landslide. Also, shameless self promotion: Try my Spirit Quest as well. I need voters there, I don't want it to die before it gets to the meaty bits.

17. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

Xi remember's chibi's Oni civ... twas glorious

18. LordOfPie

Ahh, I read that after it was finished. 'twas glorious indeed.

Xicree likes this.
  19. AZATHOTHoth

AZATHOTHoth (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

I was wondering if this time if we get the chance could we get slaanesh or the equivalent to her pregnant? Sounds fun.

20. ReinZero

ReinZero QQ voters, geniuses at opposing their own goals.

I should point out, that Kitsune do have traditional portrayals as "evil" or at least, with ill intent enough to classify as it. So they're probably close enough? I should point out that this is with consideration for being tricksters.

Faeries aren't traditionally evil. If anything, the mythology/etc. they're based on generally is even less so. You cannot say that "blue and orange morality" is evil. The problem with Faeries is that most basis are completely different from the idea that is commonly used in mainstream fiction, which only few take closer to their basis for them. Different ethics, morality, beliefs, and culture do not make a race inherently evil. When you think about it, if you're a race bound to their words, this heavily affects things. As a result, they are less evil and more making sure they don't screw themselves because others are evil.

Hm. GM, what would you consider as Pros/Cons for Kitsune?

21. Ampersandwich

Ampersandwich Outl&ish Gr& Panj&rum

22. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

[X] kitsune

23. inverted_helix

inverted_helix Connoisseur.

Hmm sounds interesting, I'll go for either Faerie or Kitsune depending on Kitsune traits I think.

24. ReinZero

Technically that, Kitsune, and the Chinese equiv. are more or less the same due to regional/cultural overlap influences. The differences are minor enough in general terms, but do exist. I see no issue with it being a variant vote of it.

You could do that with... you know, dogs too. Other others. So this seems like a poor case, sorry.

25. wadledo

wadledo Not too sore, are you?

How do Kitsune work as a civilization, anyway?

26. LordOfPie

Official Kitsune Traits: Pros: Extremely Cunning, Extreme Longevity, Major Shapeshifting. Cons: Distrusted by Nearly All, Difficult to Keep in Line.

This look good? There will be more in-depth traits if they are picked.

27. Ampersandwich

Ampersandwich Outl&ish Gr& Panj&rum

I wouldn't really call eating people's livers "minor"; that's a huge divergence from the myths of the huli jing and the kitsune.

28. ReinZero

Hm.... The Con seems a bit off. The Distrusted part should note it reflects their race officially speaking, as in, doesn't apply if the people around aren't aware due shapeshifting. The "Difficult to Keep in Line"... what does that mean exactly? Because I'm thinking a interpretation that doesn't make it make sense as a Con for them specifically.

If you dig through material, you'll find overlap. The thing is, what each culture highlights/emphasizes more on. Or keeps as more "low profile" (ie. lesser known, but not too much less present as a thing). There is due reason why the Korea/Japan/China culture and what not angle is a bloody mess.

29. inverted_helix

inverted_helix Connoisseur.

These cons seem odd since you're having us pick amongst normally evil races, shouldn't all of them be distrusted by nearly all?

Also kind of expect Extreme Longevity would apply to Fae and Imps as well.

Going to go with
    [X] Faeries- unnaturally beautiful humanoids. Pros- Major chance of magickal talent, incredibly cunning. Cons- Bound by their word, weakness to cold iron.

Mostly because I find Bound by their Word such an interesting mechanic. I kind of wish the whole world was like that sometimes.

30. LordOfPie

The Cons of the Fae were written by the first person who voted for them, as they were a write in option. Imps actually have normal lifespans, being the lowest form of demon.