1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

[To Be Voted On] Civ Quest

Discussion in 'Questing' started by LordOfPie, Apr 20, 2015.

Tags:
  1. ReinZero

ReinZero QQ voters, geniuses at opposing their own goals.

[X] Kitsune~

2. Circle

Circle Square

[X] Dragonkin: Scaley humanoids about a meter tall, with bat-like wings. Their scales are nearly as tough as stone, and a few are capable of magic. Their small size makes them weaker than most, and even low levels of light burn their eyes. Incidentally, they can see in pitch darkness. 5% chance of being born with natural magic, +50% to chances of surviving conflict wounded rather than dead, -10 to combat, surface life is nearly impossible without adaptation.

Kobolds. Trust me. A civ full of kobold tinkers with no common sense would be hilarious to play.

LordOfPie likes this.
  3. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

[X] Worgs: Wolves the size of small horses. They are naturally skilled at hunting, and have fierce claws and fangs. They are, being wolves, unable to use tools effectively. +20 to hunting actions, +10 to combat, completely unable to use most tools.

4. ReinZero

Hasn't that been done before?

Give the Foxes a chance~

5. Derek58

Derek58 Rocket Punch is Best Punch

[X] Worgs: Wolves the size of small horses. They are naturally skilled at hunting, and have fierce claws and fangs. They are, being wolves, unable to use tools effectively. +20 to hunting actions, +10 to combat, completely unable to use most tools.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  6. daemonkeeper

daemonkeeper Getting sticky.

[X] Imps: Small humanoids with leathery skin. They are extremely intelligent, and many are capable of magic. They could probably break bones just standing in a stiff breeze. +20 to mental tasks, 25% chance of being born with natural magic, -20 to combat.

I'm just going to say here that Worgs looks like a really bad idea to me as not being able to use tools would suck despite the stats increases.

7. RCa

RCa Experienced.

The idea is less picking it for optimality and more picking it because I feel it'll be fun to play with that kind of restriction.

8. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

I would like eldritch fae.

9. LordOfPie

LordOfPie (Verified Great Old One)

Request Denied.

10. massdefect76

massdefect76 Getting sticky.

[X] Ogres: About twice the height of a human, and five times the weight. They are strong enough to lift boulders, and their skin is thick enough to stop arrows. Unfortunately, or fortunately for others, they are barely smarter than a rock, and their size slows them greatly. +10 to most combat rolls (not applicable against flying enemies), -10 to mental tasks.

Derek58 likes this.
  11. ReinZero

And Imps technically are fragile.

That aside, this is QQ/SV/SB, people like combat. Or other stuff like that, usually.

LordOfPie likes this.
  12. cronos2chaos

cronos2chaos I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X] Imps: Small humanoids with leathery skin. They are extremely intelligent, and many are capable of magic. They could probably break bones just standing in a stiff breeze. +20 to mental tasks, 25% chance of being born with natural magic, -20 to combat.

I would like to point out Ogres don't advance well.

13. Helpless Kitten

Helpless Kitten A dumb asexual cat

I like the idea of being shitty combatants and having to think our way out of situations. I could be persuaded to switch to worgs on the basis of 'I have never seen anyone do a civ quest with a nomadic people.'

14. ReinZero

I like to remind you two of this:

Imps: Small humanoids with leathery skin. They are extremely intelligent, and many are capable of magic. They could probably break bones just standing in a stiff breeze. +20 to mental tasks, 25% chance of being born with natural magic, -20 to combat.

Read the bolded section. This is also a critical problem even outside of combat. Not everything is specifically noted in mechanical stats. They affect how things result still though.

Derek58 likes this.
  15. LordOfPie

Yeah, this is more logic-heavy than mechanics. The numbers are just for reference for the most part, though they will still be used.

Derek58 likes this.
  16. MHLord

MHLord Why hello there.

Some form of undead.

17. LordOfPie

The only way to become an undead civilization in this setting is to commit mass suicide with a friendly necromancer present. You can work towards undeath as any race.

MHLord likes this.
  18. MHLord

MHLord Why hello there.

In that case
    [X] Imps - Lesser Demons. Pros: Very Intelligent, Major Chance of Magickal Talent. Cons: Extremely Frail.
    sounds like good place to start.

19. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

[X] Dragonkin
    When in doubt, choose dragons, for Dragon > Fluffy Tails

20. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

Lies.

ReinZero likes this.
  21. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

[X] Kitsune: Their true form is that of a large fox, but they can shapeshift into almost any living creature. They are skilled in manipulating others, and can live for thousands of years. All Kitsune are able to use illusion magic, and can create Foxfire. If they are discovered, other races will drive them out with torches and pitchforks, and they don't listen to authority very well. +20 to actions intended to manipulate others if they are unaware of your nature, -30 to diplomacy otherwise. Your people won't sit back and do what you want just because you are the leader.

22. LordOfPie

Can I get a vote count?

23. Xicree

Sure dude.

24. Xicree

[X] 1 <a class="externalLink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaorti" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Kaorti</a> - Emaciated Humanoid Outsiders tied to the Cyst, a strange resin like substance that keeps them whole. Pros: Naturally magical, can transform other living creatures into more Kaorti or Kaorti Thralls. Cons: Can not survive outside the Cyst, Little Physical Strength.: (wadledo)

[X] 1 <span style="text-decoration: line-through">Kitsune</span> Kumiho: (ShadowAngelBeta)
    [X] 1 <span style="text-decoration: line-through">Kitsune</span><a class="externalLink" href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kumiho" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Kumiho</a>: (Ampersandwich)
    [X] 1 Kitsune: Their true form is that of a large fox, but they can shapeshift into almost any living creature. They are skilled in manipulating others, and can live for thousands of years. All Kitsune are able to use illusion magic, and can create Foxfire. If they are discovered, other races will drive them out with torches and pitchforks, and they don't listen to authority very well. +20 to actions intended to manipulate others if they are unaware of your nature, -30 to diplomacy otherwise. Your people won't sit back and do what you want just because you are the leader.: (Silversun17)
    [X] 1 Kitsune~: (ReinZero)

[X] 1 Dragonkin: (kinglugia)
    [X] 1 Dragonkin: Scaley humanoids about a meter tall, with bat-like wings. Their scales are nearly as tough as stone, and a few are capable of magic. Their small size makes them weaker than most, and even low levels of light burn their eyes. Incidentally, they can see in pitch darkness. 5% chance of being born with natural magic, +50% to chances of surviving conflict wounded rather than dead, -10 to combat, surface life is nearly impossible without adaptation.: (Circle)

[X] 1 Faeries- unnaturally beautiful humanoids. Pros- Major chance of magickal talent, ageless, incredibly cunning. Cons- Bound by their word, weakness to cold iron.: (Bailey Matutine)
    [X] 3 Faeries- unnaturally beautiful humanoids. Pros- Major chance of magickal talent, incredibly cunning. Cons- Bound by their word, weakness to cold iron.: (jake jack, OverReactionGuy, inverted_helix)

[X] 1 Imps - Lesser Demons. Pros: Very Intelligent, Major Chance of Magickal Talent. Cons: Extremely Frail.: (MHLord)
    [X] 4 Imps: Small humanoids with leathery skin. They are extremely intelligent, and many are capable of magic. They could probably break bones just standing in a stiff breeze. +20 to mental tasks, 25% chance of being born with natural magic, -20 to combat.: (cronos2chaos, Magnive, daemonkeeper, Helpless Kitten)

[X] 1 Ogres - Large Humanoids. Pros: Enhanced Strength, Thick Skin. Cons: Low Intelligence, Slow.: (AZATHOTHoth)
    [X] 1 Ogres: About twice the height of a human, and five times the weight. They are strong enough to lift boulders, and their skin is thick enough to stop arrows. Unfortunately, or fortunately for others, they are barely smarter than a rock, and their size slows them greatly. +10 to most combat rolls (not applicable against flying enemies), -10 to mental tasks.: (massdefect76)

[X] 1 Worgs: (mc2rpg)
    [X] 1 Worgs - Large Wolves. Pros: Extremely Skilled Hunters, Natural Weapons. Cons: No Thumbs.: (Celeritas)
    [X] 3 Worgs: Wolves the size of small horses. They are naturally skilled at hunting, and have fierce claws and fangs. They are, being wolves, unable to use tools effectively. +20 to hunting actions, +10 to combat, completely unable to use most tools.: (Xicree, RCa, Derek58)

[X] 1 Yochlol: (Heaven Canceler)

Derek58 likes this.
  25. Xicree

Ok looks like a tie between Imps and Worgs.

26. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

27. LordOfPie

After a kindly tanuki broke the tie, Worgs have won. Locked.

Edit: just thought I should mention, update will wait a while. I'm on my tablet, and I want to write a bit of lore to put at the top of the update, like the cool QMs do.

Last edited: May 3, 2015