1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

[To Be Voted On] Civ Quest

Discussion in 'Questing' started by LordOfPie, Apr 20, 2015.

Tags:
  1. ReinZero

ReinZero QQ voters, geniuses at opposing their own goals.

Some more than others.

Likewise on Fae with that degree of Distrust.

Excuse me while I go laugh my ass off. Because, SB/SV/QQ generally display horrid ability with things like these. On QQ, I can cite at least Rinsemon's Warlock Quest (NSFW section). And this being in the SFW section means even less odds of saner behavior due priorities. And that case was less NSFW-wise priority and more normal issues.

Can I get a explanation on the Kitsune's 2nd Con?

2. ShadowAngelBeta

ShadowAngelBeta Well worn.

[X] Kitsune Kumiho

Go back and check the edit he made to the post.

3. ReinZero

I see.

I should point out that the choice of Kitsune then is going to just make most people's plans and wants a lot more difficult to achieve. But well, whatever. Not my problemtm. Since technically speaking, the sub-type's bit does not actually do anything to "override" it when you consider things indepth, but rather, augments it.

Oh well.

Edit: Physical Weakness doesn't make sense actually. When you consider that they're, you know, Foxes. The original Distrusted one makes more sense, since Kitsune are more tricksters than not, which their Pro in shapeshifting, makes worse. You know, the fact that this synergies with any other Con that can affect outside relations/etc. and generally means PR/Relations will get hit much harder, and snowball worse.

Plus, if there's magic or the like, that means shapeshifting can be detected. The thing/matter is, normal evil is more "pretty obvious or straight forward" as opposed to "screwing people over for the lulz" amongst other messes.

Since this can also mean that some races are kill-on-sight due to such things on a worse scale. I'm just pointing out the logical issues that can warrant a Con. Because think about it, most evil races can at least manage to get a "ceasefire" under most cases. But ones with particular problems with PR have it worse and thus are more likely to suffer hell over anything that happens as a result.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
    MHLord likes this.
  4. LordOfPie

LordOfPie (Verified Great Old One)

For Kitsune, I'm drawing on a mixture of the various different cultures' forms of them, anyway, so the subtype is kind of irrelevant.

Derek58 likes this.
  5. ReinZero

I see. And well... I just finished my edit. Which mostly notes how Strength/Physical as a Con doesn't make too much sense. Distrust makes more sense since it ties heavily into shapeshifting augmenting the problems a "evil" race has with PR.

6. LordOfPie

Just changed it back.

7. ReinZero

[X] Kitsune.

Hm. Vote Tally? I think we have a kind of majority given the dual naming votes on a certain Foxes.

8. LordOfPie

Yup, Kitsune wins. I'll try to get it out soon. I'm going to put together a couple of resources for it too...

9. ReinZero

*volunteers assistance*

10. LordOfPie

By resources, I mean I'm drawing out a rough map, and some lore. You can probably help with the lore part, if you want to.

11. ReinZero

Oh, that resource. *vanishes like the wind*

12. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

would something like this work?

Undead- Dead comeback to life Pros: unable to tire,already dead, strong Cons: Not to bright, craves brains, already dead.

Not a vote, just generally curious what the pros and cons would be for an undead race.

13. jake jack

jake jack I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X] Faeries- unnaturally beautiful humanoids. Pros- Major chance of magickal talent, incredibly cunning. Cons- Bound by their word, weakness to cold iron.

14. mc2rpg

mc2rpg Versed in the lewd.

[X] Worgs

Xicree likes this.
  15. daemonkeeper

daemonkeeper Getting sticky.

since no one is interested in swarm (not that i blame them) I vote for

[X] Official Kitsune Traits: Pros: Extremely Cunning, Extreme Longevity, Major Shapeshifting. Cons: Distrusted by Nearly All, Difficult to Keep in Line

16. RCa

RCa Experienced.

Assuming the vote isn't closed (you said 48 hours, then said kitsune wins....)

[X] Worgs - Large Wolves. Pros: Extremely Skilled Hunters, Natural Weapons. Cons: No Thumbs.

I want to see this done with no thumbs!

This is the SFW section, so it's less likely.

EDIT: For those curious, a vote count:
    [X] 1 Kaorti: (wadledo)
    [X] 5 Kitsune: (Silversun17, daemonkeeper, ReinZero, Ampersandwich, ShadowAngelBeta)
    [X] 4 Faeries: (Bailey Matutine, inverted_helix, jake jack, OverReactionGuy)
    [X] 2 Ogres: Low Intelligence, Slow.: (Derek58, AZATHOTHoth)
    [X] 3 Worgs: (Xicree, RCa, mc2rpg)

17. Circle

Circle Square

So the first round of voting is still on? Well, it's probably too late to have an effect, but playing as Kobolds would be fun.

[X] Dragonkin - Small Winged Humanoids. Claim to be descended from Dragons. Pros: Thick Scales, Small Chance of Magickal Talent. Cons: Vertically Challenged, Photophobia.

18. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

[X] Yochlol

19. ReinZero

It was a clear majority thus why. Unlike the initial lack of majority. So see below.

20. Sophos

Sophos Luck of The Devil

[X] Worgs - Large Wolves. Pros: Extremely Skilled Hunters, Natural Weapons. Cons: No Thumbs.

21. RCa

RCa Experienced.

I did a vote count. Even taking out the votes between the close and my count it only had a plurality. By one vote.

22. LordOfPie

Really? I suck at counting. And I was almost done with the update... Oh well, voting reopened.

23. ReinZero

I should point out that if you go that way, then the Worgs are tied with Fae now. Which means this will take forever to get anything voted done.

That aside...

GM, the Player proposed Pro/Con for Fae aren't balanced.

Technically the Pro is actually: 1) Unnaturally beautiful humanoids. 2) Major chance of magickal talent (Read: Yes) 3) Incredibly Cunning

This doesn't actually mesh well with the Cons: 1) Bound by their word (Significantly Migrated by Pro #3, aka nearly non-issue barring blatant stupidity) 2) Weakness to cold iron (Also moot due Pro #2 and/or #3)

Which makes it pretty much highly unbalanced compared to other options.

It's pretty obviously based off Imps as a "no actual Con" version of that setup. Wherein Imps actually had a legit drawback as being that frail isn't something you can easily offset and if anything, would need both Pros to "offset" at best for a long long time if bothering. Fae have no such issue.

This actually, in turn, makes Kitsune a little bit unbalanced in favor of Con. since its Pros actually stack and amplify its Cons, as opposed to any other race proposed. May I propose a balance then?

Edit: Worgs and Orges both have equally balanced Pro/Cons that basically affect playstyle notably, but non-breakingly unfair in any direction. Thus not being noted prior.

24. LordOfPie

Yeah, I kinda suck at this. Fae looked balanced when I looked at it the first time, but after further analysis, it's really broken. Perhaps I could revamp the Pro/Con system and start over?

25. ReinZero

I can help with that, but overall, you are the GM, so it's up to you. The thing is, most people who claim to know won't actually balance it in the GM's favor.

The reason I noted the Kitsune are actually skewed towards Con benefit instead of Pro is because Rein's self-balancing tends to result in that before the GM steps in to balance... or leaves as is because it looks sane/saner/balanced-er (not sure which if any or just "sure why not").

26. LordOfPie

As I said, I suck at this. I want to learn how to get better at it, but I have know idea where to start. Take this to the IRC?

27. ReinZero

Sure why not. I'm already on IRC.

28. LordOfPie

Starting the voting over. This time, write-ins have to be approved before they become official votes. Here is a much more detailed race selection thing:

[ ] Ogres: About twice the height of a human, and five times the weight. They are strong enough to lift boulders, and their skin is thick enough to stop arrows. Unfortunately, or fortunately for others, they are barely smarter than a rock, and their size slows them greatly. +10 to most combat rolls (not applicable against flying enemies), -10 to mental tasks.

[ ] Worgs: Wolves the size of small horses. They are naturally skilled at hunting, and have fierce claws and fangs. They are, being wolves, unable to use tools effectively. +20 to hunting actions, +10 to combat, completely unable to use most tools.

[ ] Dragonkin: Scaley humanoids about a meter tall, with bat-like wings. Their scales are nearly as tough as stone, and a few are capable of magic. Their small size makes them weaker than most, and even low levels of light burn their eyes. Incidentally, they can see in pitch darkness. 5% chance of being born with natural magic, +50% to chances of surviving conflict wounded rather than dead, -10 to combat, surface life is nearly impossible without adaptation.

[ ] Imps: Small humanoids with leathery skin. They are extremely intelligent, and many are capable of magic. They could probably break bones just standing in a stiff breeze. +20 to mental tasks, 25% chance of being born with natural magic, -20 to combat.

[ ] ??? - GM's "Special" choice.

Something you want? Ask me in-thread.

MHLord likes this.
  29. ReinZero

Kitsune~!

30. LordOfPie

Ok...

[ ] Kitsune: Their true form is that of a large fox, but they can shapeshift into almost any living creature. They are skilled in manipulating others, and can live for thousands of years. All Kitsune are able to use illusion magic, and can create Foxfire. If they are discovered, other races will drive them out with torches and pitchforks, and they don't listen to authority very well. +20 to actions intended to manipulate others if they are unaware of your nature, -30 to diplomacy otherwise. Your people won't sit back and do what you want just because you are the leader.

MHLord and ReinZero like this.