1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Fenrisfir

Fenrisfir Not too sore, are you?

I just picked up Saints Row the Third The Full Package for the switch. I'm also planning to finally sign up for Nintendo Online.

2. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

Recently I've been playing VtM Bloodlines.

I had forgotten just how goddamn annoying it is to try to use the firearms in this game.

Good thing I'm going with unarmed combat Gangrel for the current play through.

3. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

Season 19, the last season for diablo 3.

Has what will be a really fun seasonal buff.

Wrath of the waste for the Barbarion set with this. The funnest I ever have playing this game is WW barb. I am highly pleased with this last season after the abysmal seasonal bonus in season 18.

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe spin to win.

4. wayne82444

wayne82444 Experienced.

Last season or latest? Because if they are announcing that it is the last season I'll be surprised, most games that are shutting down hide it for as long as possible so people don't stop spending.

5. OverReactionGuy

Last.

6. Jace Spicer

Jace Spicer Experienced.

You been playing the rework mod for the game? Pretty fucking good. I personally need to replay the game but I never did guns just swords because holy fuck I despise the guns in that game lol. Powers all the way.

shadowdice likes this.
  7. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

I decided to play without mods before trying those.

Powers definitely make the combat better.

That goddamn museum section had me reloading again and again until I decided to just rip people's faces off and blast them with a shotgun whenever there was the ridiculously resilient glass.

8. Jace Spicer

Jace Spicer Experienced.

We talking the artshow in the first place or elsewhere?

9. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

the part where you have to find the sarcophagus but it ends up being gone

Where there are lots of guards, cameras, and laser grids

10. Jace Spicer

Jace Spicer Experienced.

Oh I just did obfuscate and snuck past everyone Malkavians are dumb

11. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

Where are you getting this? I haven't been following D3 for awhile, but there's nothing I can find officially or unofficially about it being the last season.

Not that I would be TOO surprised if Activision did that to try and force more people into D4 with their plethora of planned microtransactions.

12. OverReactionGuy

Icy-veins. It used to say that season 19 was the last season but doesn't anymore so I guess it's not.

13. aabbcc

aabbcc Well worn.

If you want the lower end guns to be worth a damn, you need to headshot with them and you want a few points so you can hit the broad side of a barn. Even then, they're more or less garbage.

Otherwise, don't bother with anything less than the magnum. That, the third (maaaaybe the 2nd) SMG, the auto shotgun (because the regular one is worth shit), and the assault rifle are what you want. Crossbow as well if you're sneaky and headshot with it, but otherwise no.

You can sneak past everyone in this one even if you don't have Obfuscate.

shadowdice likes this.
  14. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

Yeah, due to the firearms in the game being trash I generally just sell them and kept the shotgun specifically to get the glass. I don't really use it otherwise.

And I had like over a hundred shells for it stocked up for that.
    I'm sure it's possible, but after loading previous saves like five times I decided not to bother.

15. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

Hang on, you need a shotgun to break the glasses leading to the artifact you're supposed to pick up?

16. aabbcc

aabbcc Well worn.

You get more money and get the appartment earlier if you do.

---

If you're at the museum, I'm assuming you got past the top part without issues and are only encountering problems now that you're downstairs where the hallways and cameras are.

As far as I remember, you have a surveillance room with a guard surrounded by a hallway that has a camera on the corner. Other than the stairs, there's two other exits, both connect to a looping circuit, and a guard patrols that one counterclockwise.

Ignore the surveillance room, wait until the patrolling guard passes, use the third person view to watch the camera to the right, and get under it, wait until it turns, and quickly exit through the hallway the patrolling guard went through. Once you've done this it's easy sailing from here on out.

- Go to the right and hide in the office, get the passwords and keys and shit, save, wait until the patrolling guard passes again and follow.
    - Get into the lab, get the passwords and shit, save, wait until the guard passes again. Ignore the exit right next to the lab and head for the pisha relic.
    - Wait until the guard gets some distance, get to the relic, break the glass, grab it, and run to the exit. Don't even bother to sneak until you get past it.

You go through a few more hallways with cameras, but there's no patrols so you don't have anything to worry about, sneak under the surveillance room's window, and you get to the lasers. Break the fuse box, and now you can inch your way past the flickering lasers, I recommend doing it sideways. Go a bit further and you're out.

You can shoot it, but you could also break it with a melee weapon, it's just more annoying to do so.

17. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

There are two glasses that get weird.

One is the glass that leads to an artifact for one of the side quests. Another is to a room that has the computer that turns off the laser grid and alarms that lead to the sarcophagus room that is part of the main quest line

18. aabbcc

aabbcc Well worn.

You can ignore the second one, there's a fuse box thing that you can break right next to the lasers that make them flicker enough to get past them. I don't think the guards inside leave the room even if you make noise, and you're too far from the previous section for anyone from there to hear you.

19. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

ah, I never noticed that

20. aabbcc

aabbcc Well worn.

That explains things then, I don't think there's a way to get into that room without being seen if you don't have the powers for it, and Gangrel don't have anything worth a damn outside combat.

21. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

And all this time I thought I failed because the windows close if you raised the alarm. Or maybe I thought the room was just decoration, a background to pass by.

22. aabbcc

aabbcc Well worn.

Breaking the glass does raise the alarm, but only for that section of the map and there's just two dudes in that area.
    One is too far away, the other is patrolling. If you time it right, the patrolling guard will be too far away, so you can nab the artifact and run to the exit without the guy ever getting close enough to see you.

23. OverReactionGuy

...Wut.

-edit-

I never played the series but I own it.

daimahou likes this.
  24. Melmar

Melmar Should probly stop sayin' words

Another Half-Life game, that isn't Half-Life 3, and is also a VR game.

I'm not into the series but, from what I understand, this is exactly what the fans have been asking for all these years. :V

25. OverReactionGuy

Obviously.

26. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

I'm ready to blow a ton of cash on the Steam Autumn Sale. Anybody got any RPGs to recommend that aren't Atelier Ryza (because it's already in my cart)?

27. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

What kind of RPGs are you looking for? J or W? Action or turn-based? Sci-fi or fantasy? AAA or indie? Do action-adventures (Okami, Darksiders), platformers (Bloodstained, Aquaria), or FPSes (B-lands, Deus Ex) with RPG elements count?

Have you already played (or tried and didn't like) The Witcher, Titan Quest, Geneforge, Torchlight 2, Stardew Valley, Grim Dawn, Bastion, Baldur's Gate, etc.?

28. John At Dawn

John At Dawn Seeker of Answers

If you give anything close to a single fuck about Star Wars or Dark Souls-like games I would recommend Fallen Order.

Smuthunter likes this.
  29. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

I prefer JRPGs over western, turn-based and action are both fine, sci-fi and fantasy are both fine, AAA and indie are both fine. Just shotgun all of them at me.

Here's my full Steam library:

Agarest Zero, Agarest Generations of War, Age of Conan, Age of Wonders 3, Akiba's Trip, Baldur's Gate 2, Banished, Bastion, Bioshock, Borderlands 1 GOTY, Call of Juarez, Conan Exiles, Crusader Kings 2, DoA5, Disgaea, Disgaea 2, Divinity: Dragon Commander, Dragonball Xenoverse 2, Dungeons, Dungeons 2, Dungeons 3, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Eiyu Senki, Skyrim, Europa Universalis 4, Evil Genius, Fable 3, Fallen Enchantress, Fallout 3/4/NV, Final Fantasy 7, 9, 10/10-2, 14, Grandia 2, Half-Life 2, Hearts of Iron 3, Hell Girls, Huniepop, Jade Empire, The Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky 1 and 2, The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2, Long Live the Queen, Magicka, Mass Effect, Middle-Earth Shadow of Mordor, Mount & Blade/Warband/With Fire and Sword, My Hero One's Justice, Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja 1-4, Neverwinter Nights 2, Okami HD, Pillars of Eternity, The Pirate, Port Royale 3, Portal, Recettear, RIFT, Rise of the Tomb Raiser, Rise of Venice, RWBY: Grimm Eclipse, Saints Row 3, Senran Kagura Estival Versus and Shinovi Versus, Shadow Warrior 2, Shantae HGH, Civilization 5/6, Sid Meier's Pirates, Sonic Adventure DX, Star Wars KOTOR 1 & 2, Stardew Valley, Styx: Shards of Darkness, Subverse, SAO Fatal Bullet, Team Fortress 2, TERA, Torchlight 2, Total War Medieval 2, Tropico 4 & 6, Valkyria Chronicles, Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni, Victoria 2, War for the Overworld, Warframe, The Witcher 1-3, and Y's Origin.

30. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

• Rule 8 breach. We know that story on Aquaria and we removed that line.
    I'll start with the ones I named that aren't on your list.

Geneforge 1-5 - old-school Fallout meets Pokémon. Expect morally-ambiguous factions, high difficulty, useful non-combat skills, and a plethora of endings.

Aquaria - Classic indie underwater Metroidvania.

Bloodstained - New 2.5D Metroidvania by the guy who made the original Metroid-style 'vanias: SOTN, Aria, etc. I only just got it and haven't installed yet, but it's already one of the highest-rated games in the entire store.

Titan Quest - Mythology-based (originally just Greek, Egyptian, Chinese) Diablo clone. Maps are not randomized and the game expects you to dual-class.

Grim Dawn - Developers are largely the same people who did TQ and its first x-pack (TQ's second and third x-packs are from a different studio), but the original post-apocalyptic steampunk setting gives it a very different feel despite the re-created engine.

Rogue Legacy, Dungeons of Dredmor - Two roguelikes by different studios; RL is an action-platformer with some shmup elements and balanced around keeping some progress each time you die (hence "Legacy"), while DoD is top-down (traditional) and has no such mechanic. Both have hilarious flavor text.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2019
    Smuthunter likes this.