1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. TheLunarwolf

TheLunarwolf Making the rounds.

LexNews?

2. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

G Gordon Godfrey is a pundit on GBS, Galaxy Broadcasting System.

BBJimmy, Vorian, Cuchulin and 8 others like this.
  3. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Hey Zoat would OL have altered Blackfires inner desires like he did with Mammon if she was more like her pre flashpoint comic counterpart and betrayed her people and tortured, abused and had her.
    sister raped.
    Altering would make sense seeing as her attitude in the comics resulted in severe consequences for her and her people, like when that guy tried to warn them that their planet was going to be destroyed and she ordered him to be killed without hearing him out, and i am not sure that OL would allow her to continue doing her insane and evil shit, torturing her sister, but if he frees Starfire Blackfire would try to kill him so alteration seems to be in order, plus he can't exactly work on her long term rehabilliation like he is doing with Angelika because she has committed some truly evil acts and will not listen to him if he helps her sister
    Honestly the most positive portrayal of Blackfire, where she isn't a massive evil bitch, would have to be her post flashpoint version. She may have sold her sister into slavery but only did that to protect her people while other versions did that because they hated her, while new 52 Blackfire loved her sister and regretted doing that, though this may be because nu52 Blackfire never lost the ability to fly.
    The other most positive version is the earth one version and she was a mentally simplistic and physically degrading clone of her sister in that one.

Ngamer11 and Cuchulin like this.
  4. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

This is why when someone asks what power ring someone like Superman or All Might should have, I tend to think of the Blue Ring of Hope first, unless I've specifically got Green Lantern on the brain at the time.

'Helmet.' 'Helmut' is a German name (kind of appropriate at the moment, but not accurate). I do agree that the choices involved are very important to OL, and generally to me (even if I'm pretty sure that I would be far less comfortable than OL appears to be with this situation).

Yes, this. If Overgirl actually hurt someone OL cares about, he'd be far less inclined to be nice about things. There's also the fact that for a Nazi, Overgirl has been surprisingly calm and reasonable about the situation. If she were acting the way that we'd expect a Nazi to, OL would respond rather differently, as well.

To be fair, OL has shown that he is not that specific kind of 'rational' person.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  5. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

I mean, given the orange light and all, OL isn't rational. He's a self focused fix ficcer with meta gaming ability.

KenNM, AidanMorgan, Wheenesss and 4 others like this.
  6. bobsimmo

bobsimmo Simmr001 on SV/SB

kind of reminds me of VC2 character. who feels really appropo right now.

7. Gelasin

Gelasin Making the rounds.

I get your sentiment but Harley isn't a Layman, Dr. Harleen Quinzel is a psychiatrist. She has a Ph.D. in Psychology and has spent years working as a practicing psychiatrist handling tough cases. Ofc she's also nuts, but that's a whole 'nother matter entirely :p

8. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Kind of want to see someone quoting something famous from this Earth, which OL doesn’t recognize.

Ngamer11, Alexandercctv and Ardy like this.
  9. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

At what point in the Draka timeline? I don't know the Draka timeline well, but I understand that they went in for some fairly radical biomodification towards the end. Also, Draka society is dependent on their serfs, whereas Nazi society on Earth would find the idea of being dependent on subhumans utterly disgusting.
    Remember what I said about grammar?

Probably not. It's more likely that he'd have killed her when he destroyed the Citadel Complex.
    Harleen is perfectly sane.

10. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Grayven would just block all cameras.

Alexandercctv and Darko like this.
  11. hance1986

hance1986 A pitiful excuse for a man.

I am intensely curious to see Overgirl meet Superman.

DrThoth and Darko like this.
  12. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

Oh man. The Draka. I remember them being disgusted by the Holocaust. Not because they found it morally wrong. The Draka regularly get up to shit that make the Nazis look tame. They just thought the Nazis were being wasteful by exterminating people instead of enslaving them.

Prince Charon, nobodez and Cuchulin like this.
  13. Mr Zoat

It happened before the Torqasm-Rao lesson. Sorry. I'll try and find a reason to show an actual conversation between them at some point.

14. PurpLexed

PurpLexed (The Girl(!) in the Snow)

Screw the messed up society, the technology dispartity, and the people who decided running around with their underwear on their outside was the best way to deal with crime.

This is the worst thing wrong with Earth 16.

15. Siskulous

Siskulous Know what you're doing yet?

It doesn't take a child to be uncomfortable about saying what we've been taught is the most repugnant word in the English language. Which, as I understand it, is an American thing in this case.

I consider myself rational, but if violence is happening and I have a way to stop it I do so as quickly as possible. In fact I have actually put a stop to someone literally being beaten to death (no joke, I'm told the ER doctors said if I'd walked into that restroom 30 seconds later it would've been too late to save the guy). It was very much not a situation I ever want to find myself in again, but I would not hesitate to physically intervene again if I did. If you're actually witnessing violence then going "Let's be reasonable fellas?" is not a rational response. But initiating violence when none is yet occurring and it can still be avoided is never a rational action.

I think I understand your reasons and they are understandable. But regardless of how disgusting a thought crime is initiating violence just because you don't like how someone thinks is never justified. Violence - even in self defense - is something that you should only resort to when there is no other option.

Though, for perspective, Sensai (multiple Sensais through the years actually) taught me that the ultimate knife-defense technique is to hand over your wallet. I've had the idea of avoiding violence at all costs drilled into my head by several self-defense and martial arts instructors over the course of multiple decades.

BBJimmy, Vorian, Rebu and 3 others like this.
  16. Impartial Panic

Impartial Panic I trust you know where the happy button is?

Thought Harley was from Jersey.

True in text format Jersey and Bawsten [southie] look the same but do sound different.
    At least it's not New York Cabby. :p

You wanna break overgirl show her the modern "Nazis" and stormfront.
    She'll really flip her shit.

Prince Charon likes this.
  17. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Hey Zoat could OL introduce the Sivana children, Georgia and TJ, to the chinese government, because if he wants them to pursue a more legal path in using their intelligence then having them help the chinese with their superhuman defence would work, like making sure that Immortal Man in Darkness doesn't need to be replaced when the previous one dies?

How does Alan look now, i seem to remember OL mentioning that he looks like someone in his fifties, but after using his ring he looked like he was in his prime and i was wondering how he looks now?

Can you give us a description of the history between Apokalips and the Maltusian race?
    When OL was talking to Hinon i think he mentioned something about them being responsible for their creation, or something like that i couldn't exactly follow because i didn't have the necessary comic knowledge and haven't been able to find it, something about splitting planets and Wonderworld.

How old is Apokalyptian civilization in your story?
    When i read that tidbit about Raker Quarigats oath in year 5 he mentioned something about four million years and still not dead, so i was wondering if that means that they are 4 million years old seeing as the GLC appears to be only a million years old in your story?

Is OL going to follow up on that suggestion he gave to Superman about releasing those prisoners in the Phantom Zone whose imprisonment time has passed?
    It would be really dangerous to leave them there seeing as they can potentially go insane beyond rehabilitation and like General Lane said when he was talking to the renegade about their anti kryptonian weaponry someone could figure out a way to open a portal to there and out comes a superpowered psychopath. If the ones they let out are beyond rehabilitation OL could simply kill them.
    Building a base on a planet with a red sun and putting red sunlight emitters in said base is a good countermeasure against them escaping.

18. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Makes sense. There’s a stereotype that a lot of people with strong New York / Jersey accents like the Arkham Harley are Jewish.

nobodez and Cuchulin like this.
  19. B00ki5h

B00ki5h Verified: Oddball, Lurker, and Dabbler

It would be fun to see him meet Death of the endless and have her turn out looking like Susan. Be Even funnier to see her turn it around on him.

dogbertcarroll, Darko and Cuchulin like this.
  20. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

Even Bruce Lee said the thing to do if a guy pulls a weapon on you is to run away or surrender.

BBJimmy likes this.
  21. SirKaid

SirKaid Know what you're doing yet?

OL's goal with the Sivanas has been reforming them. Putting them in friendly contact with China would just give them hundreds of "enemies of the state" to experiment on.

Ngamer11, Vorian, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  22. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

God point SirKaid, good point.

23. Mr Zoat

The Chinese government would probably kill them.
    About the same.
    No. Aside from defeating the Green Lantern Corps invasion I haven't thought about it.
    If it helps, I don't remember either.
    Yes.
    It's as good as any answer I could give.
    Probably.
    I think that Superman would probably rather just leave them there.
    Seems that the red run itself would be sufficient.

24. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

I'm pretty sure Darko is referring to this:

25. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I would have thought that if the Sivanas had not commited any crimes in chinese territory they would have been accepted as scientists, they let the Physician into the Great Ten and i think he killed several members of the chinese military, so it is odd that they would try to kill them if they haven't done anything to them.

Still seems dangerous to let the criminals in the Phantom Zone stay there. Either Superman changes his mind or OL does it without his permission because aside from preventing future incidents of escaped kryptonian psychopaths rampaging it could also help restart the kryptonian race if there are enough people there who could reproduce.

When you say that Alan looks about the same do you mean that he looks like he was in his prime?

Thank you thebishop8 that is the scene i was talking about.

Cuchulin likes this.
  26. Mr Zoat

Perhaps, but they have. And the Chinese would need a very good reason to host a psychologically unstable American supervillain.
    Kal-El doesn't have any sort of burning desire to restart the kryptonian species. If he did he'd have gotten on that already.
    A little past his prime. Alan knows that he's not a young man any longer and has no particular desire to look like one.

27. Grimnar

Grimnar Versed in the lewd.

What does this mean for the potential Diana/Alan ship? Because I've boarded that bitch all the way.

Edit: Edited for accuracy.

28. Mr Zoat

Not a lot? He's a few years older than her, and they're both old enough for the difference to be trivial. Physical intimacy can be awkward when one party has super strength and the other doesn't but they could probably work around it.

29. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Are Alan and Diana going to become a couple anytime in your story?

30. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

Except there is no thought crime. She's an actual nazi, from a world of nazi's, who won the war, did their purges, and are now in control. Is she just the most innocent little thing ever? Never carried out an order against a "Subhuman" party that was given to her? If not, is it because they are all already dead? Or am I to believe that the literal Jackbooted Thug has never behaved in the manner of a jackbooted Thug?

If you want to give me shit about how she's so innocent on earth 16, then what about the eye ripper planet? What right did OL have to come in, break their laws, and basically set about an overthrow of their society? They believed they were right, generations had been raised to know no better, and yet people got deaded.

The Psions were probably raised to be totally cool about what they did. Planet on fire.

Yet this blond, blue eyed, attractive little human looking nazi is getting the "yeah but" pity treatment and it's honestly making me sick.

And even if we can argue that not filling her full of lava is the correct move. I see no reason to give her free god damn range. Locked up in a secure facility at least.

Oh, and if someone "Mouths off" to her? Good, fuck her. She doesn't deserve respect and reverence for her bullshit beliefs. Everyone tip toeing around so as not to upset the fucking Nazi.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020