1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Yog

Yog Know what you're doing yet?

Hah! And they are suddenly an equivalent of a first world nation in military power. It's not the Great Ghost Dance, but it's rather close, isn't it? We might be seeing a formation of new nation here. Lots of politics here. I am curious how Lex is going to react. Especially if the tribes patent / assett legal claim to Danner formula. They probably know a lot about it.

Also, Dannered Lois. I kinda want to see what happens when someone tries to kidnap / hold her hostage next time. I mean, that on-screen stunt with throwing her off the skyscraper? I could see her going for that now. In a passive aggressive way, that is, ie leaping off building mid villain speech.

Plus, there are benefits to her relationship with Clark. Is OL going to Danner Ma and Pa Kent? The enhancement does give life extension benefits

2. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

Did that happen off-screen? I remember the last conversation between OL and Lois but nothing about it since.

I think there's too much hope in this sentence. Maybe 'hopeful' should be change tp 'naive' or 'optimistic'?

3. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Too much effort, and too likely to piss off Overman, I take it? Sensible, for Nazis...

Including the logistics of not getting their heads screwed off by an angry Kryptonian, eh?

Yes, quite the bomb to someone who hasn't been on the inside of the superhero world, isn't it?

Good grief! She went for it after all? I almost pity the next thug who tries pushing her around, or the next to try and kidnap her... They'll be begging to be taken in, no doubt.

And surprisingly reasonable. I bet he saves the local cops quite a bit of money compared to a SWAT team operation...

<Snrk> Yeah, I doubt Arnold would make that distinction. Still surprised he wasn't involved in the hero business himself. He was basically the replacement for Superman when DC rewrote their continuity concerning the early days. Unless he was during the fifties?

After seeing that, I'm not surprised...

Bit of PTSD there, I suspect. But he's had fifty years to cope with it...

No, no, It's an easy mistake to make for some people, I know...

This might make settling down the tribes a bit easier then.

Heh, I'd pity him if he tried to hurt his wife's son...

Wow, deep personal connection to the man himself. This will be easy to settle, then.

Not out of the ordinary for a Danner Enhancile...

That would make quite the impression, both on Hugo and the people watching.

You assume he named himself that?

Heh. And Hugo probably groaned every time he overheard it. Or started to get a complex from it.

Wait, what?!

...Well, damn. That makes matters quite a bit more complicated... Also a possible case study for OL concerning the effects of large groups of Enhanciles.

Wow. Just... Wow.

Which presumably explains how he survived contact with the modern population.

...So... It was his idea? Or he was in the know with the tribesfolk...

Children of Dawn round 2? Let's hope they're reasonable...

Oh, boy... This will be interesting.. in so many meanings of the word.

Oh... Oh my... And here I thought my estimation of the difficulty making the formula in the jungle was on-target. At least I got close with the whole 'surviving Child of Dawn' theory... But this... This is a massive game-changer. Those discussions of Cold-War-era Danner Enhancile squads just got a lot more on-topic.

Correction:
    "What's so funny about being struck by lightning?"

4. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

I wonder if the tribes version of the Danner Formula gives lesser results than usual. Like how Jay and Wally's powers are worse than Barry's because of quality differences with the formula they made.

5. ArKFallen

ArKFallen _____

I didn't expect this when I really should have. This is practically a stereotype for a perfect OL resolution, too bad about that training mission for The Team though.

6. Queshire

Queshire Not too sore, are you?

I like this guy.

7. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Why do I get the feeling that this mission will either get Overgirl to really rethink her worldview or just vindicate in her eyes why the "sub-humans" should not have power?

8. Lokpik

Lokpik Know what you're doing yet?

He can accidentally Ma and Pa Kent twenty to thirty years like he did with Paula and give her the danner formula.

9. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Technically, he was probably on a panel in Young All-Stars. But he's an OC.
    Yes.
    I see what you're saying, but I think I'll leave it.
    Thank you, corrected.
    At this point they can probably get better equipment than was available in the thirties.

10. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

If OL gave Lois the Danner formula then that solves the whole man of steel woman of kleenex issue.
    First renegade helps Ghost Fox Killer and August General in Iron with their sex life and now paragon helps someone else too.

Why do I see these negotiations going the same way as the negotiations between Karmang and the Reds.

11. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

Indeed, probably did wonders for Clarks sex life. Maybe even gave him one that directly involved Lois.

12. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

In the comics they were, but in Young All-Stars Hugo Danner had to make substitutions from locally available herbs for the chemicals that he no longer had access to.

Zoat's version was apparently better prepared.

Since Zoat made it alchemical I'm not sure if substitutions would even work here in this story.

Considering his response to Iron's appearance, Dawn Warrior might be one of the surviving Sons of Dawn, in which case he'd be unnamed Son of Dawn number 5 or something.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  13. Cherico

Cherico Connoisseur.

Lets be honest every one was sick of Lois being kidnapped giving her the formula just saves every one including the villans a lot of lost time.

Lotor, WargWolf, Ngamer11 and 15 others like this.
  14. Bramble Thorn

Bramble Thorn Verified Silhouette

On the one hand, reasonableness is nice.
    One the other hand, what I have heard in the story makes me thing "Fuck the Brazilian Government."

I mean if turnabout is fair play, the equitable thing to do would be to annex or assert ownership of the capital, and then sell of out from under the people living there to be torn down and sold for scrap.

If OL and the heroes aren't supposed to care about the jungle inhabitants when they are called in when the loggers and government were exploiting them, why are they supposed to care about the other side doing the exploitation for a change?

Let's have a 'Here, Here!' for even handed indifference instead of the 'Status quo is God' the DC universe usually gets. Plan on doing absolutely nothing to uphold the current regime, and make sure everyone knows that going into negotiations.

(I'm still a bit bitter about the Harpy and the island they lived on bing annexed/claimed by Greece (when they had probably lived there longer then the current country of greece had existed) because Wonder Woman couldn't be arsed enough to do her job properly when she was called in.)

15. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I'm pretty sure that the Harpies don't care that they were annexed.
    They may not be occupied so they probably aren't complaining, they have their fish so don't have to worry about starving and probably only have to promise not to attack boats, unless they are illegally fishing in their waters.
    Also there is the fact that Wonder Woman spoke up for them and that carries a lot of weight, as does the fact that the greek economy is being run by a greek god who may have a soft spot for the Harpies and can pull strings

Ardy, Chaoswind, Razorfloss and 2 others like this.
  16. Bigreader

Bigreader Doom. Boom!

Just remember that the status quo God he's actually smiley that creep in heaven who is brainwashing Souls.

17. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Various governments across the world are going to freak the fuck out over hundreds of super-people with no ties to anything but their own group. Every last one is going to be pestering Lex and Monroe for the formula so they can make their own force of super-babies, laws against human experimentation be damned. Congrats on starting the latest arms race.

Ngamer11, Cuchulin, DAT_NOOB and 8 others like this.
  18. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

Congrats to Clark and Lois! You no longer have to worry about the “woman of kleenex” issue.

19. Yog

Yog Know what you're doing yet?

So, now that Lois is Dannered up, how long until the conspiracy theory that she is actually Wonder Woman('s secret sister / daughter / niece) starts making the rounds?

Because no matter how stupid it is with Diana having no secret identity, there will be idiots peddling it based solely on her relationship with Superman (and shipping). Also, it'll be deeply ironic if Lois was considered to be a secret superhero, rather than Clark, and thus narrativium will make it happen.

WargWolf, Ngamer11, Cuchulin and 8 others like this.
  20. Mr Zoat

Hey, look on the orange side: it wasn't the SI this time!

Gantradies, WargWolf, c3qo and 17 others like this.
  21. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

"Oh, no, it's because Orange Lantern figured out how to give someone that super strength formula that the international community is panicking about post-utero, and figured I could use it because of all the abductions."

"Why?"

"You threw a planet at me."

WargWolf, Ngamer11, DAT_NOOB and 6 others like this.
  22. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I can see governments wanting their own super strong soldiers after finding out that an entire small army that can destroy a very big army has been hiding out in Brazil.

Cuchulin and Navi-Hank like this.
  23. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

Are they really that big a deal? You can still wipe them out with chemical weapons if they actually try to attack in force. They're more useful as guerrillas than as an army.

Though I'm half expecting Overgirl to do something stupid.

"Ah, terrorists. This I know how to deal with."

Ngamer11, Cuchulin, DAT_NOOB and 5 others like this.
  24. Fairborough

Fairborough Seal

Wow. Paul just got Paul'd. It's happened before, but it's still pretty rare

WargWolf, Ngamer11, Cuchulin and 8 others like this.
  25. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

If things get messy during negotiations, as I am sure they will, then OL could simply create constructs around the heads of the enchanciles and shoot them with sleeping gas.

Cuchulin likes this.
  26. Baladar

Baladar Know what you're doing yet?

What Dawn Warrior said is ringing all the same bells in my head that Ozymandias’ line of “I did it thirty five minutes ago” rang.

They were just discussing what if a nation made hundreds to thousands of enhanced people, and found one. The catch is that these guys live in the Amazon. So conventional warfare or mass bombing is out.

This will be fun.

27. Mr Zoat

"Do you think I'm a Saturday morning cartoon villain? I did it thirty five years ago."

28. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

"I can remove superpowers, is not the answee you were looking, right?"

29. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

The clear solution is to merge with the Ophidian and use the Danner formula on everyone on earth who isn't already a meta human.

Alexandercctv and Darko like this.
  30. Mr Zoat

If the SI could reliably and safely do that, Wallace would have full-strength superspeed by now.