1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Hm. He would have been infected before the procedure. I don't know enough about it to know whether the Super Soldier Formula makes the recipients immune to disease. If it does, yes.

2. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

It did in the 616 continuity. Earth's Mightiest Heroes doesn't have enough information about it to say for sure, but it seems reasonable to assume the answer is "yes."

DrThoth likes this.
  3. Mr Zoat

In that case, he'd have been cured by the procedure. Which probably has nothing to do with why it hasn't been reinvented at all.

4. transhumansage

transhumansage Versed in the lewd.

did you take care of sublime yet?

5. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

I wonder if the Inhumans hate mutants because of the virus, or just for normal reasons.

Darko and Cuchulin like this.
  6. Mr Zoat

Bramble Thorn and Ardy like this.
  7. QQporter

QQporter Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

I've seen all the other Pauls except the SWORD SI. Could someone please link that?

Cuchulin likes this.
  8. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

I don't think the SWORD SI has ever had a chapter, Zoat only mentions him sometimes.

QQporter and Cuchulin like this.
  9. Tzeentch

Tzeentch I trust you know where the happy button is?

You know, considering in the orginal series that back on Trolla, Orko actually IS a strong and competent sorcerer, once he gets a suitable wand with Paul and the Sorceress' help, I wonder how much of a shock it'll be for the heroes to see the seemingly bumbling trollan actually fend Skeletor off with his spellwork.

10. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

This is an uncontested adoption, Lawyers are pretty much meaningless.

Fact is with this sort of thing the Judge can say "no" for quite literally any reason and there's no grounds to contest or argue it. And those things I listed? Each one on it's own is often a disqualifying thing.

And that's not even taking account the whole "2X year old guy trying to adopt a teenage girl he's only known a short time" angle.

Unless he's old family money that basically owns the judge ala Bruce Wayne or using his money to bribe the judge, that doesn't really matter.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    Cuchulin and nick012000 like this.
  11. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

This is almost true, but you forgot one thing:

A man who represents himself has a fool for a client.

Given that the whole thing is largely a formality anyway, having a lawyer is itself a formality that shows that you care about seeing things through the right way. A judge who sees that you're following procedure is more likely to rule in your favor than a judge who sees that you're on your own in a courtroom.

Celebrity is a currency of its own. Being wealthy, being well-recognized, and/or being well-respected are all factors that play into how sympathetic people are to you. It's a subconscious thing. Even just hearing someone's name before is enough to influence a decision -- this is known as the "mere exposure" effect. Have you ever wondered why celebrities are more likely to get off without punishment more than the common person? It's not because they're directly bribing the judge and jury.

12. Jus4532

Jus4532 Versed in the lewd.

Mr Zoat, did the Hulk leave the Avengers or did Paul convince him not to leave?

Cuchulin likes this.
  13. Mr Zoat

Without rewatching the whole thing and doing a lot more plotting than I really think it needs, I don't think he's left yet.

14. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

I've honestly never understood the Buzz over the "Super" Soldier serum in universe. Like...it's not THAT impressive. Given that most of what makes Steve such an asset is his tactical mind and good nature. Neither of which the serum has anything to do with.

I also remember that it was originally just Steroid treatments. But yeah.

I mean Stark's Iron-tech is what you'd want for "Super" Soldiers I would think. It's far more powerful, infinitely upgradable, and if said soldier goes rogue....you can take it from them. Granted, much like Batman, Steve CLEARLY has Super-human abilities at times rather then the Supra that he's supposed to have.

Plus, in a world where the X-gene seems to be humanity's ultimate gift and destiny....it just seems like it'd be obsolete quickly.

Doccer, Ngamer11, Darko and 4 others like this.
  15. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

It's not, the X-Gene is just a rounding error from celestial experiments on the real prize baseline humanity.

16. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

The Super-Soldier Serum boosts everything about a person. Their body, their mind, even their morality. A smart person becomes smarter, a personable person becomes more charismatic, a good person becomes a true hero, an evil person becomes a wicked villain.

Jaron, Doccer, Ngamer11 and 3 others like this.
  17. Maxx Crowley

And they are still at the bottom end of the getting your ass kicked by super powers pool.

That was the only thing that the Civil war storyline did right, showing how utterly outmatched Cap would be towards Iron man.

God, that part of the movie annoyed me so fucking much. Like, I didn't mind Cap hitting Tony with shield, that's totally cool.

But then he starts pounding away at Tony's TANK SHELL PROOF armor as if that would do anything other than shatter his hands. Jesus Christ, he even starts to work the body. Like, oh yeah Steve, those body shots are going to go right through Tony's titanium, resisted strikes from fucking THOR, armor, into his abs, tighten up the muscles to restrict breathing and then sink into his legs to restrict movement (Why you work the body in a fight 101).

Now I"m all annoyed again. Don't even get me started on Steve managing to overpower SPIDER-MAN for fucks sake. Parker could have solo'd Cap's entire fucking team. With only G.I.Ant-man able to more than get the fuck smack laid down upon him.

18. TheDudeMan400

TheDudeMan400 Getting out there.

Doesn't MCU Captain America have super strength and durability and endurance rather than just peak human?

19. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Three things.

MCU Captain America is blatantly superhuman with an easy lift and hold weight of somewhere over a ton.

Steve overpowered Spider-Man via physics abuse not brute strength.

Wanda was on Steve's team.

He in fact does.

Jaron, Ngamer11, Cuchulin and 5 others like this.
  20. Maxx Crowley

As I recall, peak human was the stated outcome, but just like Batman, he's clearly super-human.

However, he's still not shown to be so super-human that his punches have more force than Tank Shells. The Mark III was blasted out of the sky in Iron man, and Tony was barely even rattled. He got right up and blew it to pieces.

So whatever much more advanced suit he was wearing in that movie, would have tanked (no pun intended) Steve's punches no problem. While Steve would have been shattering his bones.

That being said, the director/s are self admitted Cap fanboys....so as per the norm, someone gets made to look worse, to elevate their preferred character.

Gantradies, Cuchulin, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  21. RagnarokAscendant

RagnarokAscendant Exists

And now you know why there's endless fanfic that isn't Team Cap Friendly.

Ardy likes this.
  22. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

Hulk would have left by now.

He originally left because Enchantress put Bruce in a mindlock and started whispering aggravating thoughts into his mind, which combined with his own winning personality and friction with Thor resulted in them fighting.

Then Enchantress and her fuckboi who's name escapes me show up for the supervillain fight with the Avengers and are eventually driven off. Hulk says fuck it and leaves.

The Avengers go looking for him and eventually end up in the Arctic where they found Captain America.

Agreed.

Now, if it the super concentrated/improved version that gave Sentry his powers that would be an entirely different matter. That asshole is disgustingly powerful.

Ngamer11 and Cuchulin like this.
  23. Maxx Crowley

Worst thing? I'm totally on team Cap's side. They are just....Really outgunned.

Typically Skurge the Executioner.

I'm sorry, that is a character that exists for me where the Nu52 exist for Zoat.

Cuchulin, dogbertcarroll and Vorian like this.
  24. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

What about Hyperion?

25. Maxx Crowley

I have no direct opinion on the Titan god of heavenly light

Simonbob and Ardy like this.
  26. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Ah, I didn't actually know it was a titans name, guess my Greco-Roman history paper was a fkn waste.

What about I can't believe it's not superman?

Cuchulin and dogbertcarroll like this.
  27. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

You might want to go back and actually watch that fight.

Because Tony's suit did tank those punches with no problem.

The only thing that actually did any real damage to the suit was Captain America's vibranium shield.

28. Maxx Crowley

Looks like a completely pointless character that Marvel in no way needs. One that I have heard of, but in all my years of reading...have never actually seen show up in an issue. Gladiator I've at least seen. Trying to shoehorn The Sentry into the Hulk mythos just pissed me off.

Marvel already has a Superman analog....his name is Thor.

Seriously, read early Thor. Right down to the "Hurricane" Breath.

The problem with all the Superman expys in Marvel is that they are simply trying too hard. You take one look and go "Oh, Superman."

Be inspired by a concept. Don't copy wholesale.

29. Jack of Olives

Jack of Olives Knows just enough to be dangerous.

I think the idea is mass-production. While one person enhanced by the serum is low-powered (among supers, anyway), fielding squads of soldiers with superhuman physique would be a game-changer as far as warfare goes.

It's what the original plan for the serum was, after all; give the USA (an possibly it's allies) troops that are significantly stronger, faster, and tougher then the Axis'.

Edit: Also, I agree; the 'Iron-Man' option would probably be a better way to go.

PDV and Vorian like this.
  30. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

You've not been keeping up with the X-men comics, it seems.

Humanity's ultimate destiny is transhumanism, joining the Phalanx Singularity that exists in the event horizons of black holes.

The fact that makes the Phalanx far less pathetic than previous depictions is just something to ignore.

That is, if the X-Men don't stop it. So transhumanism=bad in the X-titles.

Something that a Marvel Alt.Paul would appreciate immensely, I'm sure. :)

And don't get me started on how stupid that is, when the mutants have the like of Forge the superhuman inventive genius, Box the technokinetic, and Apokalips the technnomorph, so mutants would be @#$#$ing better at transhumanism like everything else.