1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

2. SirKaid

SirKaid Know what you're doing yet?

He's asked something along the lines of a half dozen times. He may have failed to impress upon them the direness of the Anti-Life but he has repeatedly asked for a good ol' Friendship Blast in basically every scene he's shared with the Mane Six.

3. WereDragon

WereDragon Bookwyrm

Shame Magic and Laughter are out of commission. Not like the EoH is something you can just substitute people into, even if he had a laughter candidate.

On the other hand Luna and Celestia used the Elements once upon a time. Perhaps they can do so again.
    Alternately, link up everypony in Equestria and brute-force the matter.

There is a difference between trying multiple times and repeating the same attempt.
    He had plenty of options for convincing them. He chose beating them into submission rather than explaining or persuading.
    And now he is getting a memetic nuke to the mind.

4. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Didn't one of the villains from the later seasons try something like that during her attempt at launching a coup against the Alicorn Princesses? She wound up getting beaten by a half-dozen of Twilight's students. I half expect that Grayven's going to wind up with a ringletted little girl of a New God dumped on his doorstep, assuming that things turn out similarly to the show.

Relyt33 likes this.
  5. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Nah, if Grayven remembers a Party in his head, pinky is likely to be there. It’s sort of her thing.

Wheenesss and Relyt33 like this.
  6. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Sounds interesting do you have a link to that?

Wheenesss and Relyt33 like this.
  7. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

Harrowing experiences help build intimate bonds. One thing is going to lead to another, and the next thing you know a messenger is going to come through the mirror later on to inform Grayven that Luna is with child.

And then fedora wearing ponies are going to grumble that pretty pony princesses only ever go for the assholes instead of the nice stallions.

Ngamer11, Gantradies, Ardy and 4 others like this.
  8. Impartial Panic

Impartial Panic I trust you know where the happy button is?

actually that's Paul in universe 33 & 1/3

9. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

You know the funny thing in all this?

Grayven is unintentionally following the standard story format for MLP episodes.

Cuchulin, Ardy, Old Knife and 4 others like this.
  10. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Had to dig a little, the Anthology itself is gone from Youtube as far as I could see, but found this version of the clip:

Got to love Dash's reaction :D

11. Gantradies

Gantradies Not too sore, are you?

yeah- he was inexcusably vague about the effects of anti-life exposure given his rapidly deteriorating condition-he’s given more details on how dangerous the ALE is to random people in passing in earth-16(R)

this entire thing could have been over in an hour if he bluntly stated that he’d irreparably be reduced to a soulless shell actively compelled to infect others (who’d likely have their minds destroyed within seconds/minutes due to lacking the moderate resistance of a new god) if the counter-curse failed before he was cured- and that there’s an excelent chance his DAUGHTER would also be infected due to her being previously exposed- and sharing part of his soul as an emergency treatment for said exposure...

no Dreams,hope, no laughter, no ability to love, learn or care-just eternal pain and emptiness...

.... it’s... kind of worrying he’s seemingly learnt NOTHING from the last time he did something incredibly unwise to screw with people- it’s how he got Anti-life’d in the first place >.<

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  12. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

I want to give this a like.... But at the same time it offends me quite alot.

14. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

[​IMG]

True Ninja, Finerc, Darko and 8 others like this.
  15. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

I know right!

Nobody uses a cross as an insignia anymore in 40k. The closest is the inquisition, and they don't have pink skulls unless they've gone radical and been corrupted by slaanesh.

It's quite offensive, frankly.

Dur'id the Druid likes this.
  16. Zig

Zig Not too sore, are you?

So with Grayven in MLP and a Paul in the Fallout universe, are we getting an SI in Fallout Equestria?

Darko likes this.
  17. Gantradies

Gantradies Not too sore, are you?

*dryly* it’s the inquisition- who isn’t radical/corrupted by the Imperium’s/Emperor’s Origional Standards? >.<

.... I have a sudden, irrational conviction that Amberley Veil, Inquisitor for the Ordo Heraticus, is currently giving me a disapproving scowl through the 4th wall and 38+ millenia worth of time difference, for lumping her in with the Ordo Mallius...

Ardy and Someguy Somewhere like this.
  18. TheMidnightRook

TheMidnightRook Well worn.

Magic=Friendship=Generosity+Honesty+Kindness+Laughter+Loyalty > Self=Null

... I couldn't resist...

c3qo, Ngamer11, Vorian and 8 others like this.
  19. Bramble Thorn

Bramble Thorn Verified Silhouette

Correction, it is consistent, if he calls everyone buy their legal first name whether they want them to or not.

But if someone was named Anthony wanted to be called Tony, and you still called him Anthony, that is less 'reasonable' and more 'being a prick' (or in Australian, a cunt).

An equal opportunity asshole is still an asshole.

Taisei, Ardy, Vorian and 3 others like this.
  20. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

So long as you don't have a similar conviction of the chainsword revving of her favorite commissar, I think you'll be just fine.

Gantradies likes this.
  21. vali

vali I trust you know where the happy button is?

Looking back, I may have been a little harsh there.

You're a good author Zoat. It's just... ponies...

22. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Uh, dude, have you seen the Black Templar chapter mark? Looking it up, it appears that the Imperial Paladins Space Marine chapter also have the cross-and-skull as their chapter symbol, and they use a blue color scheme, as well. Odds are the Dreadnaught in that picture belonged to them, even if they're a fairly obscure Space Marine chapter.

23. Dur'id the Druid

Dur'id the Druid Know what you're doing yet?

(Magic=Friendship=Generosity+Honesty+Kindness+Laughter+Loyalty) > (Self=Null)

Corrected for you, because badly written equations hits my nitpicking button.

.... also wondering why I'm up at 1:30 in the morning hitting the refresh button on this thread.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  24. TangerineThing

TangerineThing Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Pretty much every chapter uses the cross and skull symbol. It's the terminator cross and on almost every suit of modern terminator armour. Even if a marine isn't wearing the suit he still gets to wear the honours so most veterans will have it somewhere, and it's used as the first company's symbol because of that.

That dreadnought's skull and cross is most likely just a hastily done rendition of a terminator honour. Like so:
    [​IMG]

Bramble Thorn and nick012000 like this.
  25. Threadmarks: Equestrian Girls (part 14)
    Mr Zoat

I'm basically living in a
    prog rock album cover

The Castle of the Two Sisters looks to be in far better repair in my dream than it does in reality. It-.

"Luna, is this the pre-banishment castle?"

She pauses for a moment as she leads the way through the halls and takes a moment to look around. "It is."

"I don't know what that looks like. How are you inserting your thoughts into my head space?"

She tosses her mane, and starts walking again. "'Tis not an attack. 'Tis the nature of dreams to respond to the thoughts and memories of those who experience them. E'en now, thou couldst most likely change things if thou truly desir'd it."

"Okay. I know that you and Celestia used to use the Elements…"

"That is not why we are here." She shoves open the door to the throne room. "When We speak of the Elements, the first that comes to our mind is Kindness. 'Tis here that Sister showed Us the greatest Kindness after We were restored from the Nightmare."

"Wasn't that in the ruined castle?"

"Yes. But this is still how We remember Our home."

"Isn't it supposed to be a kindness that you displayed?"

"That… We hope not."

She turns, spreads her legs a little to improve her stability, then closes her eyes. The castle around us… Rots away, a thousand years of neglect appearing as I watch. Another wavering in our environment and Luna appears as she was immediately after the Nightmare was banished; small, weak and scared. Translucent images of the Bearers shimmer into being on the peripheries of the diorama but the focus is the statuesque form of Princess Celestia, towering over the cringing Luna.

Then the Celestia image lays down next to her, and nuzzles her.

"After all that We did, she was still willing to accept Us back." Luna shakes her head, her eyes remaining locked on the image. "If this does not work, then this approach is fatally flawed."

"Maybe you need something you did to demonstrate a virtue?"

"We-."

I can't read pony expressions well, but she looks decidedly unhappy. I walk over to her, standing alongside her and pressing my side-. Too tall. I crouch slightly and press my side into hers.

"You wielded the Elements. Come on. You confronted me to protect your nation. Wasn't that a display of loyalty?"

"Neigh. Pride, and frustration that We missed Sister's fight with Chrysalis. We sought confrontation to prove Our might. We were selfish. And frustrating though you are, We should not have attacked you without further investigation."

"Don’t apologise. I enjoyed it. Now, come on: there must be something that sticks-."

"Wriggling!" Her eyes widen and she sidesteps away from me. "You were-! … Standing proud!"

"You're an attractive mare. Now focus. Virtues."

"I-. No, I know that I did, but-."

Oh no. "It's working on you, trying to make you forget, to cheapen your achievements. Come on, pick a memory at random if you must."

She nods, and the eight dream ponies disappear to be replaced by an image of a royal guard. He looks around fearfully, spear held under his right wing. Luna walks towards him. "This is Stalwart Spear. He assailed Us when We appeared in the Ponyville town hall as Nightmare Moon. We struck him down, and he had nightmares for days." She lays her right forehoof on his left shoulder. "His was the first dream we visited after Our return, and We were able to bring him comfort."

"See? Kind."

She backs off, and the image of Stalwart Spear fades. "We caused his terrors. A pony whose very cutie mark identifies their strongest desire to fight in Equestria's defence was confronted by one who effortlessly overpowered him. And Our Sister's student did not even call upon him to aid her in her journey to our castle."

"Yeah, but you made a point of trying to help him." I pause. "Did you know who the dreamer was before you went in?"

"No, We did not. Though We should not have been surprised."

"Yeah, you felt bad, but you knuckled down and did the job when you could have ducked out or hid away. You wanted him to feel better, and I want you to feel better about doing it." I bend my neck down and nudge her with my face, careful to make sure that I don’t accidentally spike her with my horn. "Okay?"

She.. smiles faintly. "We accept what you say." Then she sighs. "But it appears that the Elements do not, elsewise-.

Pink light flares in the air, and I breathe a sigh of relief. Good, good, this approach can-

A pink gemstone appears as the light fades, and floats over to attach itself to my armour.

-not work as intended. And now I have Kindness, apparently.

"Thou hast shown me kindness, and been recognised for it. Mayhap thou can demonstrate each of the virtues for thyself, and achieve victory in that manner. Though we are still at a loss as to what We are supposed to do to aid in this endeavour."

Well, if I'm getting the Elements…

"What are you afraid of?"

"Huhuhahahahahahahaha!"

Nightmare Moon appears at the end of the room, throwing her head back as she gives her villain laugh an outing. A beaten Celestia lies at her hooves, struggling to move.

"We fear becoming that once more. A callous, cruel and petty creature who cares only for her own aggrandisement."

Nightmare Moon smiles.

"A strong, confident creature who revels in her own majesty, not the bumbling, hesitant mess that you are. I was always better at being me than you were."

"And We know that in Our heart of hearts that We believe that too."

Yellow light flares around her feet, and a moment later Luna's barding gains a new decoration.

"This is… Fear? You wore something similar on your ear piercing."

"Yes, that represents the yellow light of fear. So now we know what-"

I hear a stamp. An armoured boot striking a stone surface. And another. Something is slowly approaching.

"-we're doing."

She nods as Nightmare Moon fades into memory. Hm, to be relived in Luna's own nightmares. "What are the other emotions your spectrum contains?"

"Hate and anger, avarice, will, hope, compassion, and love. And I've got loyalty, honesty, generosity, laughter and friendship to go. Okay, this is manageable."

"Assuming that this works."

The boots are getting closer. Luna's ears prick up.

"We assume that We didst not imagine that?"

"No, not intentionally. But I mostly just focused on shutting mental intruders down, not doing anything entertaining. I was expecting that we'd be facing the Tantaquation by now."

Another trudging step and the creature comes into view.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  26. Mr Zoat

[​IMG]

27. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Don't you DARE mention that conversion bureau shitfuckery ever again, do you hear me you bastard!?

28. Oglymogly

Oglymogly I trust you know where the happy button is?

So I foresaw Grayven getting the Elements as a (small) possibility. But having Luna go through the Emotional Spectrum? That's a nice pairing that makes this much more enjoyable.

29. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Is that some Conquest I see there?

30. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

Seconded!! Any cartoon that has Q as a major character almost has to be good and i certainly like it a lot.