1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Band (Worm/Scion)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by BrotherMouse518, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Assblaster5000

Assblaster5000 I trust you know where the happy button is?

That seems a bit... excessive. But with that to scale against I'd say that the middle ground makes sense.

2. BrotherMouse518

BrotherMouse518 Spastic Mouse

Thats how it goes btw. Granted its implied the party had adventures outisde of the baked in omes. but the books were released in short order. Two years tops. They go from baby Hero to baby God

3. Threadmarks: Interlude - Days Gone By - "C" Side
    BrotherMouse518

Black/White

01/04/11​

Donnie looked upon the lightly falling snow out of the cab window, lamenting being unable to ride his bicycle through the streets. He was also doing his best to ignore the particularly chatty cabbie, he was going on about this that and the other. At the moment he was going on a tirade about the shakeups of American politics, the Ellisburg and Heartbreaker things were the kick in the taint as it were and every government alphabet soup agency were in a feeding frenzy while a handful of particularly ambitious and charismatic politicians were going into full campaign politicking with an enthusiasm not seen in over a decade. Donnie did not care in the slightest.

As the heir to the Rhodes fortune, a fortune made even larger and grander under the guidance of his father Donald Rhodes Jr on top of the already large and grand fortune that Donald Rhodes Sr. had made before him, he could live anywhere in the world and do anything he wanted. Hell, the laws of the land were of no consequence as far as he was concerned, his family had an army of lawyers and accountants ready to make sure everything was on the up and up and destroy anyone who tried to make it seem as if they weren’t. The Rhodes family secrets were nothing so horrifying or profane, they were not like the degenerate and twisted creatures that sought to court his or his father’s favor with their ties to the darker side of humanity and Donald Jr. was the kind of man who would put the fear of the old gods into any member of the family or acquaintances thereof if they put one toe out of line, his mother Yukiko Rhodes neé Kuromizu was the same way when she was still with them. That former VP of his father’s sure did make a mess of himself after she whipped out that old sword of hers.

Checking his watch Donnie cursed how late he would be, by his own standards, and the inability of any cab driver to be able to actually reach the Champion’s District. Despite living in the city for the past five years he had yet to find a cabbie that could even park an inch inside that wondrous and untainted land, and the only city bus that had a stop there only ran from midnight to three am. However he did know several spots that could be used just shy of the border that could be stopped at without suspicion.

“Alright, we’re here.” the cabbie said “That’ll be-”

Donnie reached into his wallet and gave him two hundred dollar bills

“Keep the change.” He said cutting the cabbie off and ignoring the praises that were being sung to him “Thank you for the ride.”

Donnie quickly got out of the cab and took stock of himself as the cabbie drove off, his suit was still there, his beloved Pegaso watch was working fine, his wallet was stowed back into his coat pocket, and his tool kit was in his left hand. As for his cell phone, he was currently waiting on a replacement after a particularly poor day of experimentation. Well now he knew he would have to wear some form of insulation in future tests, live and learn. With his stock taken, he made his way to an alleyway he had routed as the most optimum and quickest way from this stop to the Champion’s district, although this would be the first time he would be walking it rather than riding it on his fixie. Either way, the brisk walk would be good for him and it would lend him some more time to think on his father’s rather intriguing revelations on the state of the world.

His “Good ‘ol pops” had took him aside new years eve and revealed so much to him when the clock struck midnight, it actually shocked him to the core. Finding out your destiny, and the reason for the world’s suffering would do that to you. Donnie had his plans for the future dashed but he did not loathe his new future, he relished it. If anything, this new future of his was better; who needed to live a double life at an attempt to make something of himself separate from his family’s business when he could indulge in his family’s true heritage and stand beside them as he should!

Maybe not too closely he conceded. After all, even prior to his father’s revelations he knew not to spend too much time with his grandmother’s side of the family. That way lead to very awkward conversations and many a snide remark from them to his mother, at least amongst this heads of the family. His cousins were nice though, especially Hedy, and uncle E and his wife were very nice. The rest of the family he’d rather not be alone with, his grandmother especially. Either way, by nature of acting as he normally would and take part in “The Scene” as it were he would soon join a long and storied tradition of greatness, all he would have to do is find some equally gifted people his age to band together and forge their own stories. Hell, he even had his alter ego set and ready, just needed to ease in to “The Scene” and then make that breakout debut with something big, Donnie thought to himself with a smirk

“Well, looky here boys.” said a rough and worn voice, breaking Donnie of his musings “This one looks like he has money…”

Donnie looked to the source of the voice, a rather crusty looking man with a strange gait and a bit of bony something sticking out of a worn and ratty newsboy cap. Reeking of drug dens, waste, and whatever passed for sex that such a vile disgusting bum performed. Flanking the one with the hat were more haggard vagrant types wielding makeshift weapons and Donnie knew that there were more behind him. Strangely enough, he saw something smoky and wispy prowling near a fire escape above him, it would seem that there was a Cape of some persuasion observing. The smirk only growing wider and anticipation growing within him.

“Evening gents.” He said with a nonchalant check of his watch “Sadly I don’t have time to join your nightly debaucheries, I have a…thing I’m running a bit late for.”

The gaggle of what Donnie assumed were those Archer’s Bridge Merchants laughed with weezing guffaws at his lack of fear. The apparent leader with the newsboy cap was the only one not laughing, stepping forward with an odd hop-skip and pointing an aluminum bat towards him

“Alright rich boy, you know how this goes.” he said, hunching forward in an attempt to intimidate “Wallet. Now.”

Donnie chuckled and shook his head “I take it you mean the money in the wallet?”

Newsboy groaned and banged the bat against the pavement

“No shit!”

Donnie casually set down his tool kit and grabbed his wallet thumbing out every last bill he had, a total of eight hundred and thirty dollars in various bills.

“Will that be all gentlemen?” Donnie said with a bored faux-sigh “I’d rather we make this quick and painless.”

Meanwhile above, the cape in question; Shadow Stalker observed what she saw as some rich idiot who thought he could buy his way out of everything. Still, she observed him wondering if that confidence and nonchalance would keep when these muggers went in for the kill.

Newsboy smiled evilly, showing his misshapen and rotten teeth

“Uh-uh-uh.” He said waving his bat “That watch, and that case are coming with us too.”

With that any trace of a smile left Donnie’s face and was replaced with a blank expression betrayed by eyes filled with anger.

“Care to repeat that, friend?”

Newsboy chuckled “What are you deaf? I said, that fancy watch and that case are comin’ too!”

Shadow Stalker leaned forward, anticipating the slaughter of prey. Donnie calmly put the bills back inside his wallet, and tucked it firmly into his coat’s breast pocket. The air grew thick with ozone

“Can’t do that I’m afraid. The case has some rather important equipment for that thing I mentioned, and the watch is a rather unique piece. A gift from someone quite precious and not something so easily given, even to save one’s own skin.” He said with a voice devoid of emotion “Now the moneys off the table. let me pass and I won’t get violent, satyros.”

Newsboy’s face went pale and he stumbled back in surprise, in a flash he raised his weapon and he shouted “KILL ‘EM!”

The muggers charged forward, Newsboy quaking with fear, Donnie stood as still as a mountain, and Shadow Stalker watched with contempt. Before the muggers could begin their swings, Donnie raised his right arm to the sky and snapped his fingers. From the dark and cloudy skies came a single bolt of lightning, striking just shy of Donnie’s thumb and splitting to strike every one who had gathered around him to attack. Each one had fallen down dead, the only people still standing in the alleyway were Donnie and the remaining mugger with the Newsboy cap, Shadow Stalker high above was observing closer and closer at this new cape.

“Now, wayward child of Pan.” Donnie said, picking his tool kit back up and slowly inching forward “Why don’t you tell me what a satyros is doing running around with mortals?”

Shadow Stalker listened in closely, trying to decipher the meaning behind this strange cape’s words, Newsboy had begun backing himself up against a dumpster, his bat fallen from his grip

“F-fo-forgive me, my lord theos.” He stammered, removing his cap and revealing curving horns “I-I did not kn-know tha-”

“Shh. No word of that here.” Donnie said, a finger raised to his lips “How could you know that we walked amongst men in these times?”

The horned man’s face lit up in hope “So you will forgive my transgression?”

Donnie chuckled and gripped his chin with his index and thumb in though.

“If you’d answer my questions first, of course.”

“Anything, my lord theos!” the horned man said bowing and prostrating himself

“How long have you been with these mongrels?” Donnie said, with an air of nobility “How often have you committed these acts?”

The horned man looked up from his bow “Not long my lord, several months with only two attempts per!”

Donnie walked past the bowing horned man with a hum

“Well, I think I can offer you mercy this evening.” He said with a clap “No harm no foul.”

The horned man began babbling and weeping tears of joy, speaking words of praise to Donnie.

“Thank you my lord theos!” the horned man said “You are too kind!”

“Truly I am.” Donnie said with a short bow

Before walking too far ahead, Donnie paused and turned his head to the still prostrating horned man.

“One last question.”

“Anything!”

“How many people did you leave ravaged and beaten in those several months?” Donnie said, his voice colder than the falling snow “How many women did you take satyros? How many debaucheries were committed by you, vro̱merós?”

The horned man’s eyes grew wide in fear

“My lord, I a-am no-”

Donnie spun to face him “You think by walking amongst this rabble that it would hide the stench of your curse? That you could hide your nature as you attempt to hide your horns and hooves?”

The horned man began to weep

“Mercy!” he shouted “You said you would grant me mercy!”

Donnie’s face grew a sinister grin “And I shall”

Donnie pointed his index finger towards the begging man, his thumb raised. Donnie lowered his thumb and a flash of light came forth, the horned man screamed in pain. Donnie began briskly walking towards his destination, no longer paying any mind to the burnt men.

Shadow Stalker opened her eyes, the blindness gone, and took in the scene; six men and one Case 53 burnt to a crisp making the alley reek of fried junkie. Despite seeing a cape wielding power over her weakness, she knew that he would be a partner on her night prowlings. An apex predator like herself and not bad looking either, she thought to herself. With her powers she glided to ground level and silently stalked her way to this boy.

Donnie however was more preoccupied with all that time lost and his performance.

“Note to self.” He said as he began picking up the pace “Next time speak casually, that bit of biblical babble is boring as balls.”

Donnie chuckled at his alliteration, paying no mind to his Stalker. He knew the route better than them after all, even with arcane abilities it would be difficult to navigate these alleyways. He would not even need to run. Shadow Stalker pressed on, eagerly pursuing, hoping for an opening to drag her quarry aside and show him that they were clearly not so different in their approach to the crime and filth of the city. Perhaps with his resources they could even loosen the leash that those weaklings in the PRT had around her neck. To Shadow Stalker it was a frantic chase after the perfect partner, to Donnie it was pleasant if brisk walk to an appointment he would rather not miss. Finally, Donnie saw the welcome sign for the Champion’s District and walked out of the alleys and across the street. Shadow Stalker, stuck to her namesake with her ability and followed as close as possible.

Donnie stopped at the door to McCullough’s Music, making sure to smooth out any wrinkles in his suit, straightening any loose hair on his head, and confirming that he was exactly on time. Taking a quick breath and putting his best face on, he opened the door.

“Good evening Saoirse!” he said with a jovial and flamboyant wave “You said you had me a new student for me?”

Saoirse giggled like a school girl and nodded towards a very familiar if somewhat distressed girl.

“Ah! The plain but leggy girl from a few weeks ago!” Donnie said with a clap “I see you have yet to use the money I had given you for a new wardrobe.”

Taylor gave the most unamused and “done” look to Donnie before looking to Saoirse for support.

“This idiot is the flute teacher?” She said with distress dripping from her voice “Saoirse, please tell me this is an early April Fool’s joke.”

Donnie strode forward between them with his tool kit raised.

“Nonsense kopelia!” he said, disengaging the locks on his case and revealing an engraved silver flute and several pages of sheet music “I am more than qualified to teach even the most fresh faced of beginners!”

“Donald Rhodes the Third. I know you don’t mean to come off like a condescending ass but you could put more effort into it.” Saoirse leaned over to face Taylor and put her hand to the side of her mouth in a stage whisper “Donnie here is something of a musical prodigy and he’s classically trained. He is actually the most qualified flutist to teach in the tri-state area. Even if he is socially inept.”

“Not only that! I am doing this pro bono!” Donnie said with a deep breath and a twirl “It would be a sin to ask someone with so little anything in exchange for the gift of musical training, let alone from one as talented and gifted as I?”

Taylor stammered and stalled, trying to convey that she would rather not have such a pompous ass for a teacher but failing in the face of such camp.

“There is no need for thanks!” Donnie said leaning back in faux distress “I only ask you to put your maximum effort in to our lessons!”

The front door opened with a chime, Finn and Walt coming in. Seeing Donnie, Walt let out a sigh and rolled his eyes.

“Mr. Rhodes, please stop harrassing the customers.” He said trying his best to not say what he meant to “Make your purchase and leave quickly, there is a music teacher on their way.”

At the sight of the cowboy, Donnie set his tool kit down and strode forward to embrace him.

“Wally! Babe! You do have a sense of humor!” he said with electric excitement “I’m the music teacher, silly! Now I have plenty of time in my schedule to teach you as well, but I must attend to my new student first!”

Donnie spun in place, and pointed to the girl in question

“Your name? I can’t just call you ‘that plain but leggy brunette’ for eternity now can I?”

Still dumbfounded, she stammered forth and braced herself against the front desk mentally reevaluating her life choices.

Seeing how this was going, Finn walked between master and student and quickly introduced the two and ushered them to the soundproof room with a viewing window. “Donnie Rhodes meet Taylor Hebert.”

Within the soundproof room Donnie waited for his new student to compose herself, flights of fancy running through his mind.

“Surely Taylor will become quite the flutist under my careful guidance! One day even playing Carnegie Hall or even the Budokan!” he thought to himself “People will praise her in interviews where she will praise his teaching which brought a clueless novice up to the highest levels of music and to the world’s greatest flutist of the generation!”

Finally seeing her compose herself somewhat he began his lesson

“Alright, first you must learn how to breath. BUT CIRCULARLY!”

Meanwhile, in the shadows cast between the grand entrance sign and the faulty streetlights outside, Shadow Stalker had seen it all. Her perfect partner, consorting with that weakling Hebert. Hebert actually smiling at the old fogies at the desk and that idiot looking cowboy.

Sophia Hess brooded and let the anger within her fester, there was no doubt in her mind at the punishment she had in store for Taylor Hebert. For the first time in her life Sophia thought to herself

“The first day of school couldn’t come fast enough.”

Well, here it is. Did this all in one sitting. If it seems choppy because of it I apologize. Eventually I'm gonna go back and rewrite and edit pass the whole thing once I hit my major end goal; Leviathan. For now, I'm just keeping the momentum going before prettying everything that got left behind. Shake off the rust, refine myself, that kind of thing. With that, I leave you with this. We get some hints, Donnie flexes, and Sophia gets mad. The "D" Side is coming soon and from there we get into the meat of the story. We start catching up to canon and shift into second gear. have a good one all! Please comment, question, nitpick, it keeps me going and keeps me engaged!

4. Assblaster5000

There should be commas between these.

"into" is more correct here I think.

Commas again.

This would probably feel I bit more natural if something was added after Merchants, but it's still readable as is.

Either a comma or adding "only" between "expression" and "betrayed" would help this flow.

Missing period.

Missing capital.

Might work better with some punctuation before "KILL 'EM!". (If that's intentional then just ignore any other mentions of missing punctuation before speech.)

Should probably be "everyone".

I'll admit to not knowing what the term "theos" actually means, but considering context it should probably be capitalized.

Probably "in thought".

Missing period.

Should probably be "asked,".

Missing punctuation before speech.

Missing period.

Missing period.

Missing period.

Missing period.

The h in "he" should be capitalized and you're also missing punctuation before speech there.

Should probably be commas in there, something like "a very familiar, if somewhat distressed, girl."

Missing punctuation before speech, should also probably be "asked".

Maybe something more like "Donnie strode forward, standing between them with his tool kit raised."?

Missing capital.

That sentence would need to be restructured for a question mark to work, so probably just go with a period or exclamation mark.

Missing punctuation before speech, and you should probably add a comma after "He said" to help the sentence flow better.

Missing capital and punctuation before speech.

Missing period.

"staggered" more than likely.

Sentence structure is a bit weird here, maybe something more like "Seeing how this was going, Finn walked between master and student, quickly introduced the two, and ushered them into the soundproofed practice room" would work better? Not really sure what to call the room since it doesn't seem to be a recording booth.

Missing capital and punctuation before speech. (Or thought in this case)

Missing period.

Great chapter lad, quite fun to read.

Corrections started out as me just doing my best to help, now that I've read the author's note though they're just there to help out with the eventual editing.

Ajlove likes this.
  5. BrotherMouse518

Thank you very much! Odds are i'll get to it later today (since its 2am where I am)

Assblaster5000 likes this.
  6. Assblaster5000

It's two am here too, I just have a less than stellar sleep schedule right now =/

7. BrotherMouse518

Yo same time zone! Yeah, I slammed a suger free energy dink as I wrote it in between sessions of Gungeon. Originally the Nasty wasnt in there, the muggers were merely incapacitated, and Sophia didnt catch up with Donnie.

As I wrote it I realized it was a missed opportunity to not have her see McCulloughs. That and having Soohia get fatebound to Donnie as an Obsessive Stalker

(In 2e fatebindings are invoked by the Player to regen Legend. In verse theyre random, but mechanically theyre intentional. Basically what happened is when Donnie fried the Nasty he had to regen a point of legend to be able to attack with the Sky purview, because Sophia was watching and already liking what she saw. Fate just reinforced that and gave Donnie an extra use of lightning.)

8. Extras: Art of Asskicking #1
    BrotherMouse518

■​

Welcome to the Parahumans Online message boards.
    You are currently logged in, TJ_On_The_Moon
    You are viewing:
    • Threads you have replied to
    • AND Threads that have new replies
    • OR private message conversations with new replies
    • Thread OP is displayed.
    • Ten posts per page
    • Last ten messages in private message history.
    • Threads and private messages are ordered chronologically.
    ■​

♦ Topic: Doing (in) The Nasty!
    In: Boards ► The Art of Asskicking
    TJ_On_The_Moon
    (Original Poster) (Verified Scion) (Verified Journalist) (Verified Asskicker)
    Posted On Jan 5th 2011:
    DENIZENS OF THE WORLD!

The Mists are parting out there and there's shit that the Lamestream can't or won't tell you about and The Protectorate can't Protect you from.

That's what this board was made for; to teach you guys how to kick that shit's ass.

My name is TJ, I'm one of the old heads that knows whats out there and we all just got the OK that we get to Masque off! Of course fat chance of anyone believing us, hence this board. Believe it or not, if you read this board and keep the information to heart you may just save someones life.

Maybe even your own

We're going to start with something that you club rockers and party animals have probably already ran into; A Nasty, or Vro̱merós in Greek.

Those of you who ever studied Greek Mythology know about Satyrs right? Dionysus' buddies, cloven hooves, goat horns, love to drink, dance, sing, fuck, and generally have a good time? Well a Nasty is their crackhead homeless cousins who don't believe in bathing, safe sex, consent, not taking hard drugs, not sharing needles, and are in general unpleasant to be around.

All of these guys used to be normal Satyrs until they took their partying way to hard, by Satyr standards that is. Taking a hit of meth, or catching an STD while in the midst of their usual inebriation won't be enough to make a Nasty. Doing all of that in the same night and doing it WILLINGLY while SOBER? Yeah, Satyr's now more than likely a Nasty. Most of the time Satyr's drown them in boiling oil and be done with it but they have been known to skedaddle as soon as they realize what they did.

Now you're probably asking yourself; "TJ, these guys don't sound so tough. They sound like the average homeless junkie but with fucked up legs and horns"

Yeah, but these are mythological creatures hypothetical duder. They are WAY more than atypical appendages.

Nasties have two tricks up their track mark laden sleeves;

You ever see a bunch of people flip the fuck out for no reason at a big party like a rave or at the club? Smell something really disgusting and then suddenly the biggest mass of people there start doing shit they normally wouldn't? That's a Nasty working their own bit of magic; they can make people go into a Frenzy just by focusing (as difficult as that is for these degenerates) hard enough.

Luckily there's a way to beat it; willpower. Plain and simple, you have to will yourself over your own base instincts. You have to WANT to not be a disgusting vile sack of shit. For some that'll be as easy as breathing but for others its impossible. Theres a trick that I know the fellas use to not pop one in gym class; think about something that is an instant turn off. math class, your grandma in a g string, Zion in nothing but a gimp suit and a cock sock (HE SAID IT WITH A Z YOU IDIOTS!) you get the idea.

Now for their second trick; the older and more experienced of these sick fucks can actually WEAPONIZE THEIR UNHOLY ODOR. Yeah these fuckers can make themselves smell so bad they can make you vomit uncontrollably. How do you counter it? Wear a gas mask and maybe hose em down with a fire hose or a super soaker filled with some kind of deodorizer.

Other than that? Yeah these guys are as squishy as your average joe.

Shoot em. Stab em. They die.

(PLEASE NOTE THAT THEY CANNOT DISGUISE THEMSELVES OTHER THAN WEARING LAYERS YOU FUCKERS BETTER CONFIRM THAT THEY ARE ACTUALLY NASTIES AND NOT COSPLAYERS OR SOME SHIT)

Seriously, take their headwear off and maybe pants em to confirm the goods. Wear a hazmat suit when doing it, you don't wan't to catch like ALL the STDs and maybe leprosy.

(Showing page 1 of 69)

►Ne
    Replied On Jan 5th 2011:​
    I was wondering when someone who could ACTUALLY MAKE A THREAD ON ONE OF THESE NEW BOARDS would post in it and see what thios threads about​

anyway​

FIRST​

►Vista (Verified Cape) (Wards ENE)​
    Oh great, now this site is advocating murder. Just so you know we're gonna catch you and bring you to justice!​

►TJ_On_The_Moon (Original Poster) (Verified Scion) (Verified Journalist) (Verified Asskicker)​
    Oh shit I forgot that Starborn posted on here too.​

Anyway, not murder kiddo. The shit that goes up in this thread (ONLY POSTED BY VERIFIED ASSKICKERS) is only for self defense purposes. Like I said in th eOP; confirm before y'all go Van Helsing on a motherfucker.​

As for Starborn; your powers are not guaranteed to work on them the same way as another Starborn or a regular Mortal.​

Luckliy for you; I got it on good authroity that spacial fuckery like yours is probably gonna work fine on one of those things. Dunno about your buddy Gallant tho.​

Stay strong Starborn!​

►Vista (Verified Cape) (Wards ENE)​
    Starborn?​

►TJ_On_The_Moon (Original Poster) (Verified Scion) (Verified Journalist) (Verified Asskicker)​
    Don't worry, that will make sense later.​

►Bagrat (Veteran Member) (The Guy in the Know)​
    Ok, This is a little odd timing.​

So apparently last night in Brockton Bay, a bunch of bums were found fried to a crisp by a freak lightning strike. Right next to a flash fried individual who fits the description of a Satyr but smelling far worse (even discounting the scent of fried bum)​

This one of those Nasties, TJ?​

Got in one! Can't say who or what done it in. I ain't omniscient, and nobody I know or work with is. Where there's one theres usually a couple more. I'd up your usual avoidance of the homeless, junkie, and trailer trash from a 5 to an 11 until a couple more come up dead.​

►XxVoid_CowboyxX (In Horny Jail)​
    Wait so are there...​

female satyrs?​

asking for a friend...​

...ok the friend is me.​

►MadMod (Moderator)​
    Ok, time to flex a new temp ban tool. BOOP!​

End of Page. 1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69

(Showing page 2 of 69)

My condolences to your libido.​

Short Answer: Kinda. They're called Fawns, you won't find one unless they want you to find them. Also, fair warning - odds are they'll break your pelvis.​

Also pray that you're not TOO good. Death by snu snu.​

►Mane Magenta
    ...​

OK. Now I now why you have to be 18 to make an account now.​

Hey he asked, also LOVE THE NEW TAG! thx @DoktorD​

►Whitecollar (Cape Wife)​
    Good fucking god what has happened to this site...​

End of Page. 1, 2, 3, 4 ... 67, 68, 69

Ok, I had some inspiration to do this. Basically the rules free writeup for the Denizen, Creature, or other shit. This was all spur of the moment off the cuff. Either way, I hope you enjoyed it! Plemme know if you want more or to just drop em.

9. Ryan Lozano

Ryan Lozano Versed in the lewd.

Well the denizens seem to be making the PHO site very bad but also good

BrotherMouse518 likes this.
  10. Assblaster5000

This is certainly a new way to give out lore bites, don't think I've ever seen a Worm-xover have PHO get taken over and use it for world building form the xover's P.O.V.

I'd say keep 'em coming if you like doing it this way.

11. Simonbob

Simonbob Really? You don't say.

Pretty funny.

I don't know enough Scion to do an accurate one.

Want a missinformed one?

12. BrotherMouse518

sure why not

13. Assblaster5000

This is going to be a treat. I can feel it.

14. BrotherMouse518

The suspence is killin me

15. Extras: Art of Asskicking - Extra #1
    Simonbob

Welcome to the Parahumans Online message boards.
    You are currently logged in, HorseMom!
    You are viewing:
    • Threads you have replied to
    • AND Threads that have new replies
    • OR private message conversations with new replies
    • Thread OP is displayed.
    • Ten posts per page
    • Last ten messages in private message history.
    • Threads and private messages are ordered chronologically.

♦ Topic: Dealing with Dwarves.
    In: Boards ► The Art of Asskicking
    HorseMom!
    (Original Poster) (Verified Lawyer) (Verified Asskicker)
    Posted On Jan 6th 2011:
    DENIZENS OF THE WORLD! (I stole that bit!)

Here's what you need to know about Dwarves.

The first thing you need to know? All those stories in the books? They came from the imagination of people who'd never even met somebody who met somebody who met an actual Dwarf.

That said, a lot of them were closer than they know. First thing you need to know, the reason they're linked to the Norse Gods is because, like the Norse and their Gods, they like to fight. And Drink. In fact, they rarely manage to squeeze any actual crafting between drunken brawls. As such, if you want to deal with one, bring the best booze you can, and start with a friendly punch to the nose. And you'd better put up a decent fight, even if you don't win! Then, share the drink afterwards, and you'll make firm friends.

Second, Dwarves are quite good at crafting, but only at three things. One, beer. Two, brawls. Three, the illusion that it was them that made that awesome sword/armor/ring/whatever! instead of some poor elf who got mugged by said Dwarf some time in the past.

Third, and last thing? If you have some awesome metalwork, don't tempt a Dwarf with it! Leave it at home, or be prepared for a theving attempt.

So, to sum up? Treat them like a bunch of biker thugs, and you can't go wrong.

16. Assblaster5000

I detect some slight 40k vibes from this.

They'll never convince me they got wiped out, the Dwarf Bikers live on in the hearts of all True Citizens of The Imperium!

Simonbob likes this.
  17. BrotherMouse518

Threadmarked as an Extra. Good work!

who is HorseMom tho (you can dm me if you dont want it out there)

18. Simonbob

..... Gee, what did Loki do in Myth and Legend? Trolling! (In the modern sense)

BobTheDust and Assblaster5000 like this.
  19. Assblaster5000

I had honestly thought it was a reference to "Mother Horse Eyes" myself. Suppose I'm not on the right mental tracks for mythology references right now.

20. BrotherMouse518

I'm ok with this. Adding that name to my name list on Myrddin.

BobTheDust and Simonbob like this.
  21. Gindjurra

Gindjurra Versed in the lewd.

I went back and reread from the beginning and noticed the above error. Piggot is a PRT director, she is not - and never has been - a member of the Protectorate in any way. The PRT are a federal police force that has jurisdiction over parahumans. The Protectorate are a completely separate government agency and chain of command.

22. BrotherMouse518

....godammit. i'll change that.

23. Extras: Homebrew: Nasties
    BrotherMouse518

Vromeros/Nasty

Tier: Origin
    Archetype: Monster
    Qualities: Natural Weapon (Hooved Feet), Unnatural Behavior (Debauchery)
    Flairs: Degenerative Frenzy, Unnatural Musk
    Drive: Be a degenerate, spread their "revelry", have a "good time"
    Primary Pool: 11
    Secondary Pool: 9
    Desperation Pool: 5
    Health/Stress: 5
    Defense: 3
    Armor: 0 (If naked, if you want to make them tougher add appropriate armor)
    Initiative: 7

NEW FLAIRS
    Degenerate Frenzy
    Type: Occult
    Cost: 1 Tension
    Duration: 1 Turn for every failure to resist, +1 additional turn if resist roll botches.
    Subject: All Targets within close range of Antagonist
    Range: Self
    Cooldown: 1 Round (or 1d6 Rounds for you folks wanting a more random time)

All targets within range of the Antagonist make a resitance roll (choose skills appropriate of vector), all who fail suffer their failed roll (up to a maximum of -3) as a complication, if targets botch they are now under the Degenerate Frenzy Condition

Degenerate Frenzy (Condition)
    Effect: Your Character has devolved to their baser urges and is now in a frenzied state (example below)
    Examples:
    Anger - Your Character's Rage is clouding their judgement. When attacking, flip a coin and have the player call it. If player calls it they attack the intended target. If not, they attack one of their allies (or someone else close by)
    Be sure to discuss with your gaming group what they are ok having beforehand. Not every group is ok with becoming Chev Chelios in Crank 2
    Momentum: Your addled and frenzied state is impairing your actions and judgement. Gain the complication level in momentum,
    Resolution: Appropriate Calling, healing magic, an additional resistance roll (with complication), or if no longer around antagonist; d4 hours

Unnatural Musk
    Type: Physical
    Cost: 1 Tension
    Duration: 1d4 Rounds
    Subject: All Targets within close range of Antagonist
    Range: Self
    Cooldown: 1 Round (or 1d6 Rounds for you folks wanting a more random time)
    When Antagonist with this flair makes a full defense they may spend a point of tension to unleash their foul stench. All targets within range make a resistance roll, if they fail they now suffer a -1 Complication (-2 if they botch)

Example Trophies:

Cleaned Skull
    A bit on the gruesome side of trophies but the clear evidence of a long period of drug abuse and disease show through on the skulls of these degenerate creatures. If given to a Satyr, they will surely welcome you with open arms for cleansing their degenerate former kin
    Perhaps they would even be willing to do your character or band a favor.

Example Crafted Relic:

Vromeros Musk Censer (Rating 2)
    A censer made with the magically preserved musk glands of a Nasty, when swung can unleash projectile clouds of the creatures foul stench.
    This relic also can be used in a similar manner as a meteor hammer with the following tags; Bashing (0), Melee (0), Reach (1), Stun (1)
    Knack: Imbue 1 Point of Legend, The wielder may now perform the Foul Stench Bomb Stunt

Foul Stench Bomb (2 Successes)
    Targets caught in the range of the attack suffer from the foul and unholy stench, some even retch violently. The attack has the following tags; Arcing (1), Shockwave (4), Soft (-3), Thrown (0)
    Result: Targets who fail to dodge or resist are now under the Sickened condition.

Notes
    As they are degenerate Satyr, use the variant Denizen rules in the core books and take whatever part of Satyr you feel appropos when maknig a Vromeros Storyguide Character or recurring antagonist.

24. Extras: Media: Some Scion Mood Music
    BrotherMouse518

"D" Side of Days Gone By is half done but while I was waiting on some folks in some discord servers I'm in to help bounce ideas off of I made a bit of mood music playlist for Scion. Not necessarily for this fic, but for your games/campaigns/chronicles if you felt like it.
    I tried to get the gamut of genres for the main pantheons although I only really got some Aesir, Kami, Shen (kind of), and like maybe two songs for the Loa. I'll add to it as I go to widen it.

Most of the music is from video games, mainly because I was playing video games before tabletop games and to this day game OSTs have more effort and soul put into them then most of the garbage I have to listen to at work.

The tracks from Tekken lean towards the EDM of the time the game its from came out and fit most modern urban brawls in the open. There are still some moody and low key tracks that will be good for mood setting in these same environments as well as some harder tracks that would suit a clash with a major antagonist.

God of War/Dad of Boy's OST is good for Aesir mood setting and the sound tracks from previous games are good generic "Epic Myth" fights but they blend together to me.

Musashi Samurai Legend has a nice soundtrack for lighter backgrounds and steady paced crawls through "Dungeons" even if Scion wasn't built for dungeon crawling. Aeolic Guardian is my personal favorite on the album

Okami's entire OST is perfect for Kami centric stories and encounters, hell its in the name of the game!

The Bouncer was a launch title for the PS2 with character designs by Tetsuya Nomura and had a killer OST. Sion's Theme is a great first fight theme to pull out when the brawl kicks off the campaign, Volt's theme has a sick as fuck lick at the beginning to maintain the tension of a tougher fight, and Kou's theme for when victory is in your grasp! Mugetsu's theme is a nice track with some traditional Japanese instrumentation for you Kami Scions and Hou/Wong's theme for some steady mood.

The KOF Tracks are a bit bouncier on the rock side of things and are great for lower stakes fights

Guilty Gear has some metal instrumentals worth having for harder fights; Holy Orders reminds me of Castlevania for some reason and would go great in a battle against the undead, Jack-A-Dandy is jazzy and great for your investigation scenes, No Mercy is there for your hype metal fight!

Godhand's ost is filled with rockabilly and surf rock, all great fight tracks!

The Street Fighter 3 track Beats in My Head is a nice bouncy track that accompanied Elena's stage. Perfect for an urban Orisha scion in my opinion. While Sean's Theme (Sunset Jazz Mix) is a fanmade beat for the underdog shoto and also a great background piece.

The two CVS tracks fit different niches; Needle is a grittier rap track that goes with the back alley brawl aesthetic of its stage, Stimulation is a much lighter track that could be for an establishing crawl of a city or even a merry chase.

Can't go wrong with the vocal tracks from the Devil May Cry series, but the ones we have in the playlist are great for opposite moods; Devil Trigger for the hype and Crimson Cloud for a darker and more goth atmosphere.

Ehrgeiz was one of the games that the Bouncer devs made before Bouncer, it had Final Fantasy characters on the PS1 release and was a strange game. Still loved it though. Run Away In The Airship! Is a rock track that I feel would work well for the approach to a rooftop encounter, The End of the Journey is a track with an arabian nights feel to it that may suit an encounter with some Yazata and Netjer things.

Modernism Street from Melty Blood Actress Again is smooth track with some Deep House influence and also a good establishing track.

Unfinished Business form Skullgirls is a jazzy track perfect for the capstone of an investigation where the culprit is revealed and its time to bring them to justice!

The Only Thing They Fear Is You. The best track of Doom Eternal's OST and perfect for putting the fear into any hellish creature!

Punk Mambo may not be Louisiana Mardi Gras music, but I'd say it's a perfect song to get into the mindset of a Mambo or Houngan helping out your band with those Friends on The Other Side. Sound of Thunder is a great band too.

That's all for now, with my current pace on "D" Side the chapter should be up by tonight (as of posting this) at the earliest and tomorrow night at the latest. I've had my energy drink and my outline is doing its job!

Have a good one!

Assblaster5000 and Ajlove like this.
  25. Threadmarks: Interlude - Days Gone By - "D" Side
    BrotherMouse518

Civil/Savage

01/08/11​

Finn had me on gopher duty again today, this time to just outside the unofficial border of the Champion’s District. Taylor had explained it to me as Lily had done to her, four city blocks around a shopping center at the point where all four blocks meet. Or at least, that seemed to be the conclusion that she had come to. Lily was rather vague about it when I asked her in detail and she would only explain more if I allowed her to hug me. She had attempted to guilt me into letting her hug me anyway after I told her that I was not prone to embraces of any kind. I just don’t enjoy physical contact in the slightest. My task was simple; get sandwiches for everyone in the store at this bodega that Finn swore by. Finn wanted a french dip, Saoirse wanted tuna on sourdough, Taylor wanted a BLT, Rhodes wanted a Reuben, and I got a club. Lily was busy at the M&M the past few days and wouldn’t be joining until later and she was rather excited to meet Taylor’s music teacher.

As I waited on the order’s completion, I thought on the madness of the last week. On the Second, Evian had popped into the house and told Finn and Saoirse that he was here to stay and they welcomed with open arms. Apparently mother was rather open with her craft around them on account of Saoirse being a selkie and Finn already knowing about the supernatural beforehand. Was a load off my mind as I wasn’t fond of keeping secrets. Still, the damn cat was amusing himself by sitting on my chest as I slept and staring me in the eyes when I woke up. I would also spot him in my peripheral vision whenever I was out and about, hopefully he would at least not do this while I was at school. Knowing him he’d probably do his damnedest to distract me in the middle of class.

Rhodes was now a constant fixture at the shop to, and I have loathed every second of his presence. Everything about him seems to be purposely crafted to get on my last nerve; mannerisms, choice of cologne, stealing my hat, getting my name wrong, violation of my personal space, stealing my hat, implying that I need a new wardrobe, saying that I need to speak more, stealing my hat. The worst part of it is that all this exposure to him has slowly acclimated me to his presence and now I can seem to decipher the meaning by his catastrophically poor choice of words. Saoirse was right; he grows on you. What she neglected to mention that he grew like a fungus. As for the lessons he was giving Taylor? He decided that for the first week of lessons he would teach her every two days, today would be the third lesson. According to Rhodes, Taylor was coming along rather well and learning quickly. Taylor on the other hand was unconvinced. Not having the ear for music myself and being unfamiliar with solo flute pieces or the proper learning curve of the instrument, I asked Finn and he said that being able to play Fur Elise competently after only two lessons and three days of practice was as he put it;

“Pretty damn fast.”

As I am loathe to admit, Rhodes was quite the teacher. Even if he were an insufferable ass that never got my name right and would not stop STEALING MY HAT.

That was neither here nor there, the order was done and I was on my out. I rounded the corner of the street, bumping into a girl about my age.

“Sorry.” I said on reflex

“What am I gonna do…” the girl was muttering to herself, acted like I wasn’t even there.

Normally I’d do the same after giving the obligatory apology but there was something that caught my eye about the girl, primarily her clothing. Strapless top, denim skirt, a light coat meant for spring or early fall, and some kind of faux-skin boots. What possessed a girl to wear such light clothing after a few days of snowfall? Those hairpins make her seem younger too. Just another city thing that I won’t understand nor care to. Before I could turn away, I saw something I didn’t like. Three boys about my age, wearing bright red and green, and all of Asian descent all giving this distracted and distressed girl the look a wolf may give a roe that gotten separated from its rangale. As presumptive as it was, Donnie, Lily, and Taylor all had given me the rundown on the three major gangs in the area and these three seemed to fit the Azn Bad Boy dress code. I stood and watched, hoping something else would catch the attention of this vermin. Unfortunately this would not be the case, they smelt easy blood and began to follow the girl.

This would not stand.

I began a brisk walk, hoping to both remain inconspicuous and catch up with my quarry. The filth were casually limbering up, the tall and lanky one on the right had a folding knife partially released and hidden by his palm, the short and fat one on the left was cracking his knuckles, the average one in the middle did nothing but his posture and gait screamed arrogance. Taking on multiple assailants would be difficult without a weapon even in an ambush scenario like this. My eyes darted around trying to find something I could use to tip the scales in my favor, I still had the multi-tool Taylor had gotten me but I didn’t need three more faces to haunt me. Along the way there was a vagrant taking a deep swig of a bottle of cheap wine. I dropped the sandwiches and snatched the bottle out of his mouth with the now free hand, ignoring the drunk’s impotent cries of protest. I dumped out the remainder of its contents as we walked and then held it in my right hand like a club. The three wretches caught up to the girl and dragged her into a nearby alley and I ran up to catch them, by the time I got close enough the girl was screaming and the vile worms were trying to pin her down.

I strode forward, the bottle in my hand raised, and shattered it over the middle one’s head seeing him crumple as if his strings had been cut. I threw the ruined bottle into the shocked face of the one on the right, distracting him, Number Three on the left was too dumbfounded to do anything, his neck was wide open and I clutched it in my hand and brought the back of his head against the brick wall seeing him collapse in pain and disorientation as I let go. Number Two threw a wild overextended thrust of his pocket knife, I grabbed him by the wrist and twisted till I felt and heard bones snap. While he screamed in pain I brought my steel-toe to his raised knee with as much force as I could, bones breaking with a sickening crunch. I turned to Number Three, he was staggering to his feet, holding on to the open lid of the dumpster to brace himself, and not looking where he should. I ran over and slammed the dumpster’s lid on his exposed sausage fingers and stared at him clutching his broken fingers. His eyes went wide with fear as I stared him dead in his eyes, no doubt filled with my anger.

“Y-you’re go-gonna reg-g-gret this white boy!” The fat fuck said in a poor attempt to be intimidating “ABB gonna fuck you up!”

I answered him with a kick to the gut, several in fact. I kept kicking until he went into the fetal position and wept for his mother. I went over to the other two and checked their pulses, fortunately they were still alive but I didn’t want to leave them in this alley to die of exposure. I rifled through the leader’s pockets and found his phone, luckily an older model with a keypad rather than those new smart phones I had heard about, I dialed 911.

“911 emergency response.”

“Three ABB members are in an alley currently suffering head trauma and broken bones. Send an ambulance.”

I tossed the phone on top of the weeping one and finally looked over the girl. She appeared uninjured and physically ok, however her eyes were wide in shock and she looked about ready to start hyperventilating.

“Hey.” I said to her with my hand reached out “We should get out of here.”

The girl slowly grabbed my hand and I helped her to her feet, seeing as how my sandwiches were now being enjoyed by a bum and I still had the money I wasn’t spending from my paycheck sitting in my wallet, going back to the bodega to get this girl someplace warm where she can call someone to pick her up was the clear course of action. I didn’t bother giving her a rub of the shoulders or a half embrace, It would have only made things worse with how uncomfortable we’d both be, but I still firmly held her hand while she had it in a vice grip. I didn’t say anything to her beyond telling her to take deep breaths to regulate her breathing as we walked. When we got to the bodega, I guided her to sit down at the sole table and chairs by the window then went to the delimaster’s counter to reiterate my order. I told him I lost the one he just made me, gave him a twenty in his tip jar for the trouble.

I sat down across from the girl, tears were coming down her face and smudging the light makeup she had but she wasn’t sobbing. To be honest I don’t know if that was a good sign or not. I’m the first to admit when I’m out of my element and dealing with distraught people, women and girls especially, is as far from my element as possible.

“Is there…” I started awkwardly, shaking my head as I said it “...someone I should call for you, to pick you up?”

The girl shook her head no “My brother works late, parents aren’t in the picture.”

I pressed on

“Any friends I should-”

“I don’t want to talk to any of them!”

“Would you like something warm to eat?”

“I’m not hungry.”

“Something to drink then?”

“Not thirsty.”

I let out a sigh and looked over to the delimaster’s food prep line, the sandwiches would be done soon and would give me the out I needed to leave this situation. As I tried to get out of my seat the girl lashed out and grabbed my arm

“Please don’t leave.” She said, her voice cracking and her eyes pleading. “Please stay.”

I let out another sigh and mouthed “One moment please” to the delimaster as he hit the order bell.

I eased myself back down to my seat and looked the girl in the eyes.

“Madison.” she said “My name’s Madison.”

“Walt.” I replied

“You really shouldn’t have helped me Walt.” she said, more tears shedding

I assumed she was referring to how she was dressed or some such, I thought that kind of mentality had died out a while ago. Shame it still lives.

“That’s-”

“I would have deserved it. I fucked up so bad.” She said, her voice cracking “Anything they would have done to me would have been too little!”

Madison was sobbing now, I grabbed a wad of napkins from the dispenser on the table and pushed them to her.

“There are helplines for suicidal depression.” I told her “They can help with whatever-”

“You don’t understand!” She cuts me off, her voice not quite raised but no longer quiet. “It’s something at school. I-”

She blew her nose and tried calming herself with deep breathing. She stopped to look out the window catching the rushing ambulance passing by, no doubt on its way to help those three in the alley.

“There’s a reason I don’t want to call any of my friends.” she says after sixty seconds of silence. “My friends and I, we’ve been bullying a girl at school. Badly.”

Oh. I steeled myself, hid behind my mask of stoicism

“How bad?” I asked, hiding the further anger slowly rising.

“This girl, let’s call her Jane. Like ‘Plain Jane’ y’know?” she chuckles hollowly “Started small, stupid shit like minor name calling, maybe a small trip in the hall, steal a sheet of homework or a pencil. It started escalating though, we’ve been at it for almost two whole years.”

Madison blew her nose once more, grabbing some kind of moist towelette from her purse and wiping off the makeup on her face. She took off her hairpins and set them down on the table, her eyes betraying the tumultuous thoughts that were no doubt rampaging throughout her mind.

“Started with two girls in one of my classes, popular ones. It was the beginning of the year, I wanted to fit in with them, so I joined in and they would let me tag along.” Another hollow laugh “Regular girl posse! Earth Aleph Mean Girls all the way!”

The hollow smile left her face quickly

“I thought it would stay at the basic schoolyard hazing, you know?” she sobbed “Then the other girls, the first two and the ones that came in the picture later, started trying to one up each other. We started doing things like destroying any assignments she was trying to turn in, sent her nasty emails from the school network.”

Madison looked into my eyes, fear and regret clear in hers and I hoped she could see the rising contempt in mine.

“Getting violent.” she said quietly and weakly

She looked down to the hairpins on the table

“If anyone tried to back out or say otherwise, the rest would pressure them into going through with the latest fucked up thing we could do. I stopped saying anything otherwise, just went along with it every step of the way. Anything to maintain my spot with the ‘it girls’ I guess.”

Madison wiped her nose and gave a small blow.

“Then it just stopped. Week before winter break started. Like that.” She snapped her fingers for effect “I thought it was finally over and that we were all gonna move on with our lives or move on to someone else from scratch.”

“Then on the last day before break, got a text. Mass text to our whole group. ‘get as much of the douche bags, used tampons, pads, anything else of that kind and bring em to school after dark.’ I won’t lie and say I didn’t bring any.” She scoffed then resumed crying and sobbing “I was telling myself that this wasn’t going to be another prank on Jane or whatever.”

My face twisted in a sneer, my mask was slipping and I didn’t care.

“So we broke in to the school, one of the original two girls ‘Simone’ got us in.” she looked in my eyes again, either not noticing or not caring that I was clearly not having a damn thing she said. “We shoved all of that disgusting shit into Jane’s locker. Left it there to rot over break.”

Madison leaned down cradling her head in her hands, her weeping and sobbing became slightly louder.

“The other of the original two, Emilia, said it was just so we could surprise Jane and take pictures and video of her reaction.” Her voice hitched with every sob “She always hated Jane the most, they used to be friends and now she has this weird thing where she has to make Jane suffer. That’s why I know that they’re all going to do something really fucked up.”

Yet you didn’t do a damn thing to stop them.

“I don’t know what to do. If I do nothing, a girl is going to be hurt and fucked up for the rest of her life.” Her sobs and crying became more haggard and violent. “B-but if I d-d-do som-someth-thing, then it won’t even matter. They’ll do something just as b-ba-bad to me! What do I do?”

It should be obvious. The right thing to do is clear. This thing doesn’t see the answer? Well. I may as well spell it out to her.

Stop fucking crying for one.” My face had become twisted in the deepest sneer possible and my voice came out a growl. The pitiful waste of flesh looked up and finally saw my sneer, fear filled its eyes “If you are expecting any sympathy for your predicament or absolution for your actions, you will get none from me.”

“At the end of the day Madison you have two options; do nothing or confess.” I said it as politely and as evenly as I could with how livid I was “Confess and hopefully whatever ‘prank’ your ‘friends’ had in store for this Jane girl is ultimately prevented and you take the punishment like you should. Or do nothing, knowing that if that girl doesn’t make it out whatever sick and twisted thing you helped bring about is on you.”

I got up from the table, not bothering to put my chair back, and got my order. I stopped myself before I left, still had one thing to say to her as cliché as it would be. I looked her in the eyes.

“Evil flourishes when good people do nothing.”

With that I left, leaving the weeping and pathetic girl behind. Hopefully never having to see her again.

My mood soured, I trudged my way back to The Champion’s District trying to snuff out my anger and not worry my grandparents or Taylor. It more than likely wasn’t going to work, but anything would be better than coming in to the store mad as hell. As I walked under the welcome sign I stopped and spotted someone strange and unfamiliar.

Another girl about my age, half a head shorter than me, athletic build, black hair, darker skin tone, looks three steps from starting a fight, wearing dark athletic clothes under an unzipped tracksuit, and once again creeping a look into the shop. She had been spying on the inside of the shop off and on whenever Rhodes was giving a lesson. Just what I needed, an admirer of his loitering about and scaring away actual customers. Perfect opportunity to channel the leftover anger.

“If you don’t plan on going inside or buying anything. I’d suggest you leave.” I said with cooled and tempered anger “We do not appreciate loitering around here.”

The girl looked me in the eyes, hers were filled with pure rage.

“Free fuckin’ country.” She spat.

“You’ve been stalking one of the clientele.” I replied, prepping for her coming in for the intimidation “That nasty expression doesn’t help either. Again, I’m asking you to leave.”

Sure enough, she faced me and stalked forward attempting to make me back down as she got closer.

“Or what?” The girl was trying to lean in to me, get in my face, hard to do when you aren’t as tall.

“Simple. I get security to make you leave.” I said shortly, leaning down close enough for our foreheads to touch “Done asking. Leave. Now.”

We stood like that for no longer than six seconds. Neither of us wanting to be the first to break the stare or this test of dominance. Unlike her, I don’t need to blink.

She broke first, looking away and letting out a huff

“Whatever.” she muttered before storming off.

I watched her leave, making sure she actually did. Soon as she was out of my sight I walked to the shop. Taylor was in the practice room, Rhodes was giving her the third and final lesson before school would drop their lessons to one day a week, I didn’t see Lily or Saoirse around, and Finn was at the front desk flipping through a catalog. He looked up as soon as the door opened and gave a bit of a concerned smile.

“There you are Walt.” He said “Took you a while, what’s eating you?”

I shook my head and simply said “Trouble.”

Finn didn’t pry and the scent of the sandwiches were enough of a distraction that he wouldn’t give me any more looks of concern for the foreseeable future. He got his French dip, I grabbed my club. Taylor waved to me from the sound room with a smile, something about it put me at ease and returned it. Rhodes popped out of the room with an exaggerated sniff.

“I smell dip, rawhide, Marlboro reds, and of course the scent of sweaty manual labor!” He exclaimed with an exaggerated sniff “Oh and sandwiches! Come along Taylor, it’s lunch time!”

I rolled my eyes and tossed the plastic wrapped sandwich to the foppish idiot then held out Taylor’s BLT. Rhodes almost fumbled it, Taylor brought up a couple chairs and sat down on one and beckoned me over to the other.

We both unwrapped our sandwiches and took our first bites almost simultaneously. Hard to go wrong with a club, but hey it was better than average.

“Hey this is pretty good, they even got the bacon just the right level of crispy.” She said after swallowing. I nodded in agreement.

Rhodes had taken a massive bite out of his Reuben and proceeded to talk with his mouth full

“Sho, fwhere is this Lily at?” He said in between bites “I’m cure-yus”

“Don’t talk with your mouth full, Rhodes.” I shot him a glare for good measure “They didn’t teach you that in charm school?”

He gulped down the food he barely chewed and let out a belch “I’m home-schooled and no.”

That explains a lot.

Taylor shook her head and spotted something in the window, her eyes growing wide in recognition. I twisted around, thinking Rhodes’ admirer had returned, luckily it was only Lily with her face smooshed against the glass, that I would have clean, and waving.

“There she is.” Taylor said with a small chuckled

Rhodes’ eyes bugged out, I don’t quite know what he saw but it was mighty surprised and for once had shut up.

Lily came in with her usual grace and poise, almost taking the door clean off.

“Sorry I’m late guys! Store got hit with a big order for a little office party and we had to make a small catering order in, like, the span of three hours short notice!” She shouted, she was wearing some kind of merchandise from some show she wouldn’t stop gushing about. Common Riders or something to that effect. “Mom and Dad thought it would be a good thing to try once, they seemed to have fun making so much food, meanwhile I had to run the register then help carry the stuff to some dickheads car. Guys name was Brad Prairie, Meadows, Glades? I dunno some foresty flowery last name like that. Guy had shitty tattoos and a bad attitude.”

She shrugged off her jacket and left it in a crumpled bundle on the desk, then looked over the still shocked Rhodes.

“So this is Taylor’s flute teacher huh?” she said with her hand outstretched for him to shake “I’m Lily Vargas, what’s your name?”

Rhodes quickly composed himself and had wide and genuine smile.

“Konbanwa, obaa-sama.” He said with a bow “Namae wa Donald Rhodes-desu”

Lily seemed surprised and so was I, guess neither of us expected him to speak Japanese. Who would?

“That’s pretty good!” She said while returning the bow with a smile “Although you got it wrong, it’s onee-san. Not obaa-sama. I’m not your aunt or your grandma.”

Rhodes chuckled and said “No I meant what I said.” with a big beaming genuine smile

Lily’s smile left her face and then looked over to Taylor and I.

“He’s one of those kinds of jerks ain’t he?”

I nodded and Taylor simply said “You have no idea.”

Rhodes just laughed it off

“I think we’re gonna all get along great!” He pulled Lily and I into an awkward hug “Hey! Tomorrow’s the last day before we all have to go back to school, what say we all hang out and get to know each other better, eh?”

Lily started smiling again, not in a way I liked either

“That sounds great!” Her eyes were almost twinkling with the shine of a small sun “I can finally show more people the badassery of Aleph bootleg tokusatsu!”

Saoirse decided now was the perfect time to return from...wherever she was.

“That sounds like a great idea.” She said with that genuine enthusiasm of hers “We can close up the shop and you four can stay in the backroom while Finn and I do some paperwork up here!”

I looked over to Finn for any assistance in getting out of this but he was nodding in agreement. I looked over to Taylor, thinking that she would say no but the look on her face said otherwise.

“I’m okay with that.” She said quietly and with a small smile “Sounds fun…”

“Then it’s settled! Wally, you’re coming too don’t even think of backin’ out!” Rhodes proclaimed with a finger to my gut “Pizza and drinks on me!”

I sighed in resignation and simply said “Sure.”

Lily and Rhodes cheered and did a celebratory shuffle dance, Taylor applauded, Finn and Saoirse laughed heartily, and I? I just sat there and ate my sandwich, feeling a strange and comforting warmth come over me. Tomorrow would be the first time I ever had an outing with, dare I say it, friends aside from Winnie.

Sounded nice.

Woo! Got it done in less than two days! Now I have to actually outline 2.1 yay...
    Anyway! I know it's from Walt's perspective but I do consider this an Interlude. 2.1 will be the last time we have Walt as our narrator for a hot minute, then it's Taylor's turn to return to the narrator's chair. Please leave your feedback in a reply, don't matter if its just kudos, questions, editing mistakes, or a "that made no sense" it does help me improve as an author and keep the inspiration flowing. For now, that's this chapter. Next up is 2.X Visitation. Have a good one!

26. Assblaster5000

Earth Bet has smartphones that are way more advanced than the ones we have in modern day, because Tinkers, and they have for awhile by the time the story starts. Not saying that a random ganger in The Bay not having one doesn't make sense, but Walt considering them "new" doesn't really work from a canon perspective.

If you want a example of what to expect from Bet phones then think along the lines of Scrolls from RWBY. Just with, sort of, modern telecommunications infrastructure and without the ability to shrink into a smaller size... probably.

Another quick thing is that Bet America doesn't use dollar coins, instead having bills for them. Not sure that's come up in-story yet, but something to keep in mind.

27. BrotherMouse518

Good to know. In this case, Walt found a trap phone

28. BrotherMouse518

Reread your response and two things I missed initially;

Walt's from the middle of nowhere where they have dial up.

Did you mean to reverse that? Either way dollar coins are a hassle, I get that Wildbow is Canadian and they love their coinage there but I deal with money at my work all the time and coins are the worst.

29. Assblaster5000

Yeah, my bad on the coin thing, I was a bit distracted when writing that comment.

The middle of nowhere thing makes sense though, I'm pretty sure that basically everyone moving to more populous and protected cities because of the S9 is just a fanon thing. One that completely ignores the logistics of, say, farming and housing needs.

Simonbob and BrotherMouse518 like this.
  30. BrotherMouse518

I dont mean to headcanon shame but god that's retarded. Not like that would even stop the s9 in the first place.