1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The Sapphires in the paragon side are most likely making rings and Lanterns, or their equivalent chargers, for their own Corps now.

I remember Ghiata, the Star Sapphire, helping renegade conquer Vega, but not much else.

Gilhelmi likes this.
  2. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

Well, first off, everyone should be aware that YES, I am aware that the reason Batman doesn't leave brain damaged and dying mooks in his wake is due to comic book physics and writers not understanding the first thing about fighting.

Moving on.

First off, even in there was such a martial art (and there isn't) it wouldn't work with Batman being Batman. Because, ase stated many, many times, Batman has no superpowers. Such a thing would qualify as a superpower. Given that Batman would have to have either....

A complex control over Ki that would allow him to precisely control the kinetic impacts of his strikes.

Or.

Some sort of telekinetic power that would allow him to soften or harden his blows as he sees fight.

However, even that wouldn't be enough.

See, it's not usually the first impact that truly does that damage. Either rendering the victim unconscious or outright killing them.

First Impact, Batman's fist directly to their temple.

Wham! Head snaps back, brain lurching in it's suspension fluid before slamming into the back of the skull.

With the force of Batman's blow sending the mook's weight towards the ground, the second impact occurs. The mook's skull impacts with the solid concrete.

Wham! Skull cracks, the mook brain slams into front of the skull from the beginning of the first fall, before crashing into the back of the skull on the jarring second.

Multiple TBI in only one punch. From there, a host of medical problems.

Maybe he's seriously injured and requires help. Or maybe he's tough enough to get back up. What happens then? Well if Batman is still around, the Dark knight hits the brain injured man again. Maybe he goes to the body, but any sort of action that whips the head around is going to have an already injured brain bouncing around that skull. He hits him in the head again...shit gets real.

Or maybe Batman is gone. The poor concussed Fellow has a massive headache, but carries on the best he can. Problem is? He's got a major concussion, his balance is thrown off, and unless he's the type to head right to an ER, he risks even more injury or death just by moving around. He could fall, whack his head on his door, slip in the shower. Any number of things could lead to further TBI.

This is why concussions are no joke.

And that's if he doesn't work for a villain who will just kill him.

So, to prevent all of this, Batman has to have some sort of power that keeps Mook brains from bouncing around in mook skulls.

He does not have this.

On to Batman's gauntlets.

You mentioned shizo tech, but honestly? If anything Batman has tech in his gauntlets that allows him to hit harder. I highly doubt he has some sort of tech that can cushion a mook's brain. Because it doesn't really matter if HE hits softer. What matters is the mook brain rattling around inside of the skull.

Now, I mentioned brass knuckles simply because it's a punching device everyone knows. Funny enough, Brass knucks can be more dangerous to your own hand then to someone's skull (as most are improperly made paper-weights or "tacti-cool" toys). But say you have a real pair. Brass Knuckles are less about making you punch harder, then they are about doing MORE damage to facial tissue. A proper pair of brass knuckles will bust you right the fuck open.

Batman's gauntlets would be more like Sap gloves. The purpose of these gloves in combat is both offensive and defensive. Offensively, the weight of the metal powder adds mass and, by doing so, also adds kinetic energy to punches, back-hands, and other hand strikes. However, the primary aim of the gloves is to protect the user from injury. Normally, punches with an unprotected hand to an opponent's head/face will painfully injure the hand in the process, and strikes to the mouth can often result in severe lacerations and possible infection from the opponent's teeth. The layer of powdered metal serves to protect the hand against these injuries while being flexible enough to bend with the glove. With a properly executed strike, a person wearing weighted knuckle gloves can even break glass or concrete without pain or injury.

Now, as I stated before, Batman's gauntlets are almost certainly all about protecting his knuckles. Punching is terribly damaging to the hand. Put simply, after 20 years of grip fighting, my hands already hurt. Add in the fact that some form of serious arthritis (whose name I can't remember) runs in my family. Put this together, and my hands are kinda shot. I hit a heavy bag about 5 months ago for fun, and it sent shockwaves up my arm. The kind of pain that makes you go..

"Oh! Ohhhkay....fuck....I'm sorry, Oh please go away..."

That, I'm going to whimper over this pain.

So I don't do a lot of fist striking. Elbows, knees, Knife hands, headbutt, palm strike. Pretty much anything but a punch.

With that in mind. Batman has to be aware of how important it is to protect his hands. He does waaaay too many things that require precise finger control to risk fucking his hands up. So his gauntlets are weighted to help him deliver even harsher blows, while protecting his own hands from harm as best they can. (See any imagine of Batman nearly shattering his hand punching Superman)

I'll give an example.

Muhammad Ali was set to fight George Foreman in Africa to regain the title that had been stripped from him. One issue? Even with gloves Ali's knuckles were shot, and those close to him knew that he had not hit a heavy bag in at least a year. He couldn't, it hurt too much.

So, one day a reporter comes into Ali's camp (Forgive me, I can't remember his name, he's on a documentary I have. So if you really wanna know, give me some time) and sees Ali just whaling away on the heavy bag.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Because he knows about Ali's hands.

Well, Ali had been getting injections, a numbing agent into his knuckles. So he slams a big right cross into the bag, looks at the reporter and says.

"I'm gonna knock that sucker out."

And he did.

Why do I bring that up?

Becausing going into that fight, Ali was 32 years old and had gone through 44 professional fights. Only 44, and his hands were that bad, at that age. Mind you, he had lost 3 years of his prime due to his exile from boxing after refusing the draft. Even with that, his hands were still all jacked up.

Batman, I think we can say, has had more than 44 fights. Now, Batman does use other attacks certainly. I'm just pointing out the danger to his hands.

And finally, the thing that had brought out my comment in the first place, was "Why is Batman so feared?"

My answer, because he's beating the living hell out of low class criminals, many of whom would never be the same again even if they live, and word of that spreads fast on the street. That's what street rep is.

PJCG, Xmaster3000, ThumperOne and 5 others like this.
  3. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

No she did not.

She was just helping him with his back pain.

Also, little pony, not pony.

Cuchulin and Gilhelmi like this.
  4. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

I could be wrong, but I believe Word of Zoat on Orangest Night is that it was a result of the Reach or someone encountering and setting off Larfleeze, so it shouldn't be happening anymore. Some version of regular Blackest Night still might.

Vorian, Cuchulin and Darko like this.
  5. Lone Courier 6

Lone Courier 6 Wanderer of threads

We get it already, you hate Batman and the prolificness of the Badass Normal Trope.

Cuchulin and Darko like this.
  6. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

Cool. I'm glad.

Though the fact that nothing in my post had anything to do with my hatred of Batman, or the prolificness of the badass normal trope, you do leave me confused. What with the entire thing being about the fragility of one's hands, and the measures Batman is almost certainly taking to deal with that.

That and the sheer damage Batman would be doing on the mook bodies that he thrashes nightly, and how that would add to his fearsome legend.

But thanks?

Cuchulin and moralrelativity like this.
  7. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Her power did that because she tried to use it to force the console to do what she wanted...

And Batman wasn't keeping her hostage... She just forgot how to use the console to authorize people...

As to us not talking about Renegade having PTSD, that's because he's pretty much a psychopath at this point.

Cuchulin likes this.
  8. Threadmarks: Over Reaching (part 1)
    Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

3rd July 2012
    10:03 GMT -5

I carry the tea through into the living room on a non-construct tray, and proffer it to Alan and Jay.

Jay smiles tiredly. "Thanks, kid."

I nod in acknowledgement, then put the tray down and take my own seat. Alan regards his friend sympathetically.

"So? How is he?"

"Not.. good." Jay looks into his cup for a moment, then puts it down on the coffee table. "He's.. not going to do anything crazy, but I think he needs some time away from work."

Alan nods. "That sounds like a good idea."

Both of them saw National S-. Nazi concentration camps while they were up and running, and Alan told me that he saw the Soviet version during the early stages of the Cold War. That's not an experience modern superheroes can really relate to. Even the few active in less 'photogenic' regimes usually only see a handful of bodies or torture victims at a time. I… Haven't seen anything on that scale on Earth.

China's camps aren't that wasteful.

"Paul..?" Jay turns to me. "Was there any… I don't know, any sign..?"

"At what point?" I shrug. "I was a little surprised that he wanted to take part in a mission like that, and he sounded… Angrier, than I've heard him before, but I don't actually know him that well. Killing Sheeda soldiers was what we went there for, so that wasn't a surprise." I sit back slightly. "I mean, beyond.. him volunteering in the first place."

"Your..?" Alan makes a circling motion with his right hand. "Empathic vision?"

"He was wearing a ward, and I've been trying to respect people's privacy. And… When he decided to kill the Sheeda…"

Jay nods. "He's a whole lot faster than me and Wally."

"I… Might have been able to do something, but there certainly wasn't anything reliable and safe that I could have done to restrain him. I mean, it's not as if I actually wanted to keep the Sheeda alive. Did..? He jump, or..?"

Alan shuffles a little awkwardly.

"He talked things through with Batman, and they decided he needed to take some time away from the League."

I nod. And they didn't announce it to the public. And they certainly didn't include that part in the report to the Security Council. 'Negotiations broke down' is what made it into the final text, and Guy and Jordan returned to Oa for 'consultations' once things settled down a bit. I'm not sure if they'll tell me the results. I won't hold it against them if they don't, just so long as the Green Lantern Corps doesn't expect me to involve myself further.

"Are you coming out of retirement, Jay?"

"Hah haha. No. No, I don't think so. Max is.. stepping up there. And between Snart getting rehabilitated and McCulloch staying out of the country… Was that something to do with you?"

"I made him aware of certain opportunities for well paying near-legitimate employment. I don't know if he'll stick at it."

"Well, the two of them were the most organised of the Central City Rogues. Without them, the others tend to stick to simple crimes."

"What about Wallace?"

Jay frowns faintly. "Why? Is he acting.. off, as well?"

"I haven't seen him." I shrug. "I haven't been to the Mountain. Just working and then going home."

Alan looks concerned. "Last time-."

"Diana's not going to have to order me to rest this time."

Diana was not happy about what Mr. Allen did. I.. sort of understood that hospitality rules were a big deal in Amazon culture, but I've never really encountered it as an issue. That might go some way to explain why she never complained about my contact with the Sivanas. As an invited guest, it didn't matter what they'd done, I was supposed to be polite to them. She… Understands that most people in the modern world don't feel the same way about it, but from the way she's been grinding her teeth I'm pretty sure that she doesn't grok it.

Kal-El wasn't happy about the League taking that sort of mission, but he didn't really appreciate why not killing them because another supervillain was protecting them was an extra problem. Not sure exactly how he wanted it handled, but I.. don't think that starting an argument about lethal force is a sensible thing to do in a situation where his ongoing presence is one of the things keeping the global panic level down.

"How about you?"

Alan and Jay glance at one another.

"A lot of people assume the worst of the war was the concentration camps. I don't want to speak for anyone else, but I saw a whole lot more dead people killed by bombers or artillery than I saw starved or gassed. I guess a lot of men of our generation did. Honestly, I-. Well, I didn't go inside their Dreadnoughts and it-. I don't really want to try working out which was the most horrific like it's some kind of contest, but to my mind this isn't anything I haven't seen before."

Jay nods. "I can still remember talking to my father about the Great War, and him telling me about his father telling him about the Civil War. Honestly, America's been darn lucky in the last few decades."

Alan nods as he sips his tea.

"Doctor Sivana asked me a question when we took the last Dreadnought. He wanted to know what changes I thought would happen to human society now." I snort. "Any ideas?"

Alan looks mildly perturbed. "I'd usually tell you not to tell a man like Sivana anything at all. On the other hand, if he's serious about straightening out, maybe you should put your head together with Batman and try and come up with something."

"A lot more people have been buying guns."

"I don't think he was just talking about America."

Alan shakes his head. "No, it's not just America. It's happening in a lot of places."

"Marvellous." Both of them look-. "Oh, don’t be so American. What exactly would small arms have done against the Sheeda? Or what would they do against any group capable of flying across interstellar space? If having a-"

My ring blinks.

"-mass civilian militia is our aim, we need to work on mass producing far better equipment than AK forty sevens. Excuse me."

I raise my left hand.

"Illustres here."

"My lord Illustres." Lantern Coutara's head manifests above my ring. "My daughter and I are here to relieve you."

Ah, good. Someone reliable. "Thank you. Earth could use the help. I'll put you in touch-." I look over to Alan. "Lantern Scott, would you mind serving as Lantern Coutara's point of contact with the League?"

"I think I can manage that."

"Are you with the fleet right now?"

"Yes. I also have a message for you from Clarissi Dox that must be relayed in person."

I nod, then look over to Jay.

"Do you want to take a look at an interstellar space ship?"

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  9. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

Did flash like, try to kill himself afterwards or something? I'm not sure what jump means here. It could mean go nuts, but it's awkwardly phrased.

Also, when did Blue Lantern officially join the league? I know he's unofficially helping out a ton, but if he's the contact between the league and a foreign lantern shouldn't that be a league member? Or am I overthinking this?

10. DiceArt

DiceArt Not too sore, are you?

I think he might have been asking if Flash left the league, but I'm not certain, and I don't know if it was a Briticism or not.

Gilhelmi, Relyt33, Istaran and 13 others like this.
  11. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

maybe 'was more'

Phrasing!

12. DrThoth

I was confused by that phrasing too.

I dont remember what Alan's official status is but I think he might be a Leaguer. Could we get a current official list of the League and Team? I get mixed up between previous outdated and scrapped versions that never made it into the story.

I think the fallout of Flash's actions makes sense in terms of how characters are taking it. It'll probably be on the back burner this episode but I hope it's explored more, especially the cultural clash between Diana and Flash or other Leaguers.

He may refuse but Paragon or Alan could just de-age Jay and Joan if they wanted to, right? I mean I can see them saying no but I think they should be offered the option (my memory isn't the best, as I think is often evident, so maybe they did). It's definitely a complicated subject when your connections basically make death something you have to actually choose to an extent rather than passively accept, though there aren't enough older characters (who are fully mortal) in the story for that to have been discussed too much.

Gilhelmi, Relyt33, Cuchulin and 4 others like this.
  13. Marix Reaver

Marix Reaver All the dragons shall be lewded!

Probably meant "jump ship," which means to quit.

14. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

"Did he jump, or was he pushed?" Or in other words, did he choose to go (ie take some time off) voluntarily.

15. FeepingCreature

FeepingCreature Not too sore, are you?

This refers to Flash leaving the League. The full idiom is "did he jump, or was he pushed?"

Edit: Ninja'd.

16. Simonbob

Simonbob Really? You don't say.

When it's all you can get, well, you take it.

Then you look for ways to get something better.

17. Mr Zoat

Did he jump or was he pushed? Did he leave of his own free will, or was he kicked out?
    I think it was at New Year?
    Modified.
    01 – Superman
    02 – Batman
    03 – Wonder Woman
    04 – Flash (Barry Allen)
    05 – Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
    06 – Aquaman
    07 – Martian Manhunter (J'onn J'onzz)
    08 – Green Arrow
    09 – Hawkman
    10 – Hawkwoman
    11 – Zatara
    12 – Captain Atom (Major Nathaniel Adams)
    13 – Black Canary
    14 – Green Lantern (John Stewart)
    15 – Captain Marvel (William Batson)
    16 – Red Tornado (John Smith)
    17 – Green Lantern (Guy Gardner)
    18 - Icon (Augustus Freeman)
    19 - Red Arrow (William Harper)
    20 - Accomplished Perfect Physician (Yao Fei)
    21 – Doctor Fate (Nabu) (John Quinn)
    22 – Atom (Raymond Palmer)
    23 – Plastic Man (Patrick O'Brian)
    24 - Blue Lantern (Alan Scott)
    25 - Doctor Mist (Nommo Balewa)
    26 - Red Rocket (Dmitri Pushkin)
    27 – Angelica (Angelica Blaze)

18. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Though it's after the fact, the context helps see what was in Flash's head.
    Most Central city rogues had a sort of code of conduct they stuck to, as opposed the kill-happy Gotham ones.
    If he'd had to deal with Joker on a regular basis he might have been more prepared to handle that.
    Then again, maybe not. He's generally written as a nice guy who does super-heroing to be nice.

19. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

Inconsistent capitalisation of kid/Kid. Personally I think Jay's right, unless "Kid" is a name or nickname.

WhiteNoise likes this.
  20. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

I bet the whole thing with Barry has been hard on him most of all, of the senior capes. Of the Society's survivors, only he and Alan have actual proteges, and Alan is back out there full time now anyway. What Barry did, even if it doesn't hit the population at large... That's going to have all the Justice League members thinking...

And to be fair, that's probably the best option he could have chosen... Spending time with Iris, living a normal life without cape shenanigans, might get his head back on straight a bit.

No conflict since the fifties has had that kind of outright sanctioned civilian carnage, has it? Vietnam got close with the destruction of villages, but those could always be blamed on 'Burn the village to save the village'-type warhawk commanders. Anything else falls more into 'Ethnic cleansing'... And some of the worst probably fall under or close to Rule 8.

Is he looking for an excuse? Some hint or sign that someone could have seen this coming? Because, well...

You never know what someone will do when pushed to that extent. I would not be surprised if he kept picturing Iris in the rendering devices, or Wally, or his friends...

Faster than thought, practically. Not nearly at the level of 90's/00's Wally West in his Justice League days, but still faster than even a Lantern...

'..Or was he pushed?' is the Idiom OL is using here, used to refer to someone more or less taking the punishment for mistakes, by being the one fired or stood down. The difference is, jumping means they're the one to make that decision, being pushed is someone else made it for them...

So Flash will be taking a 'leave of absence for medical reasons', as Giovanni Zatara did while wearing the helmet. Leaving him the option of returning someday, once he feels he's made amends for what he did, if he feels he has to...

Well, Mirror Master does prefer a pay-check to a punch in the face. And OL's pocketbook is very, very large.

Simple things like bank robberies with minimal violence. Stuff that they can get a way with cleanly in a few minutes.

..Where has Wally been? Dealing with Frances Kane (likely to become Magenta in this timeline, because she's still suffering in a coma and minor brain injuries) I suppose? Or... Did he suffer another personal tragedy? What about Dani and the Logans?

Mostly because she's more preoccupied with other things, or because he's pacing himself?

Xenia, the right of hospitality, is a nearly lost thing these days. And she would feel that violation more keenly. At least the Gods aren't blaming her for the breach of propriety. I hope?

And really, do you want a Superman who's comfortable with killing? Not just wrecking powered armour, or punching super-strong foes till they stop resisting arrest, but outright killing? Because that's usually the sign of a bad timeline.

They're two of the most likely people to have had previous experience of real war, after all. Not the Hollywood war, with blatantly heroic Americans shooting dastardly enemies with no blood... No, they'll have seen the worst of it...

It's just slightly less horrible because it wasn't people doing it to each other, but rather an alien invasion, a group that was truly an Other. But not by much...

Every generation has its 'big war'. But for more recent ones, they never impact us at home. It's always 'over there' somewhere... Vietnam was the last real 'at home' war, where people got affected by it via things like the Draft. The last quarter of the century, people have had it a lot luckier.

I doubt he was honestly looking for suggestions. It seemed more of a thought experiment, because he knows things aren't really going to change that much. Why would they, after all?

At least in some countries, it's harder to get one. More time to cool off and consider it. Assuming you're acquiring it legally, but the other way has its own problems.

Oh, what now?

Planning to make energy weapons more available to the common man? Maybe release models with a stun intensity as the default legal setting. And make trying to rig it for lethal force illegal outside of a general war footing.
    :confused: Was it Schlock Mercenary that had trying to use manual controls for flying cars carry an 'attempted murder' charge, because of all the intended and required safety features, and how many you'd have to disable or bypass to gain manual control being tantamount to deciding 'yeah, I want to have a chance of killing someone'?

My memory may be fuzzy, but I believe they are the recruits from the planet of the eye-removing priests? For context's sake. They're two of the sanest orange Lanterns.

Heh. Ever the gentleman, Alan.

Oh, god, now what bug has Dox got up his ass this time? Is the conflict with the Reach finally going hot? ...Well, we know it is, of course. But that's probably what OL's wondering right now.

Not a particularly pretty one, it is a warship, after all. They'd probably be reminded of military ships they'd worked off of during the War...

Some nice perspective on last episode's fallout. And the next big meta-plot begins to emerge. I fancy by the end of it, we'll miss these nice quiet moments on Earth...

21. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Koriand'r is also very sane.

Cuchulin and Prince Charon like this.
  22. DrThoth

Kind of makes me want to see a Justice League Dark analogue forming; a seventh of the current lineup are mages, and two more are magically empowered and quasi-divine (maybe Perfect Physician fits somewhere here too, I'm not sure of the nature of his powers).
    In terms of magical threats, I think some G-Oni are still out there, right? Plus Lady Eve as I mentioned before.
    Actually, will Hecate make an appearance in this story? Trying to negotiate with her as a way to deal with Circe could be interesting, and deviate from Renegade's path of action. Paragon never really tried with her, and he does know the underlying issue she has. Would be a good return to form.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    Cuchulin and Prince Charon like this.
  23. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

:D No argument there. I wasn't excluding any other Orange Lanterns being sane. But I, and OL in-story, were noting they where amongst the more stable Lanterns - no little manias, like Manga Khan's...

Gilhelmi and Prince Charon like this.
  24. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I doubt anyone has manias like Manga.

25. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

Just checked. Paul did indeed say that Alan was a new member, though Angelica officially joining wasn’t directly mentioned. Ah well, her arc’s done anyway

Gilhelmi, Cuchulin and Prince Charon like this.
  26. Simonbob

Simonbob Really? You don't say.

Former Yugoslavia, Africa, a lot, some conflicts in the Middle East.......

In the First Worlds, you're right. Not so much for the rest of the World.

27. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Oh... I am pretty sure they are going to expect you to clean up the mess you just caused by breaking Malvolio out of prison...

Cuchulin likes this.
  28. Mr Zoat

Yes, Robin usually abbreviates 'Kid Flash' to 'Kid'.
    Yes.

29. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Will it be in the renegade or paragon storyline?

What happened to Francis Kane in the paragon side?

Gilhelmi and Xmaster3000 like this.
  30. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

It's not like the comics made it particularly clear.

My take, and Zoat might very well disagree with me, is that Physician's powers are occult, but not magic, a charles atlas superpower like a martial art based on singing.

So instead of making his fist like a piece of iron and punching through a wall, he can bisect people by singing.

Cuchulin and DrThoth like this.