1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

A New Player in the Force (SW/Lite Gamer)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by USSExplorer, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Jakob

Jakob Know what you're doing yet?

Wouldnt even bother me if serra DID go yandere tbh

TheKingOfHeroes and Hammerfury like this.
  2. USSExplorer

USSExplorer Doing what's necessary, even if it causes chaos

Likely it's because we're talking.
    When you follow a thread on QQ you get notifications, at least, every time the thread creator posts.

There's plans for arc right up until Naboo.
    After that, things are more... flexible as at that point I'm going to have to take stock of just how much Cam has affected things for certain people/planets/events.

The odds are high that if Cam left the Order, Tedra would follow him.
    As would a few others.

3. snthsnth

snthsnth Versed in the lewd.

More specifically, when a creator's post is over a certain wordcount threshhold it sends a notification that comes even if you haven't been watching the thread actively. Something in the 300-400 word range.

TheKingOfHeroes and Grimrr like this.
  4. Stoyan

Stoyan Making the rounds.

Oh so most of them were thinking in the lines of "there is a new chapter" rather than "the creator is posting a long reply".

Yeah the time lapse between 1 and 2 is 10 years. There are many things that can happen in 10 years.

Like the war starting early while anakin is still a teen pdwan and not a youn knight (19).

Or Cam quits from the order and there is gonna be a three way war. Droids (separatists) vs clones (Cam forces)vs republic army. If so then there are gonna be a lot of forming and breaking of alliances.

Or who know Cam could actually become a member of the high council (unlikely but still somewhat possible).

5. USSExplorer

I doubt the war would start off as a three-way dance, but it could become one if things are dragged out and become more... brutal than canon.

And the idea of Cam serving on the HC... Well, that only ends in a fight as no way would Cam and Windu go that long without coming to blows.

6. Stoyan

Well as I said possible but not likely.
    Altough I think windu won't be the first HC member to go after Cam. When you say coming to blows what exactly do you mean? Spar, real fight, verbal fight, private, with audience and so on.

Besides HC isn't the only option. There are other councils and other jedi jobs/positions.

Still there is time for Cam to decide what he will aim for when he become a knight IF he is still with the order. Altough it's obvious who is his first padwan.

7. USSExplorer

Any and all of the above. Though I would expect that if one/both drew their lightsabers, Yoda and the others would intervene.
    Belfarr will be off the council before Naboo, so he won't be around to antagonize Cam. Piell and Tinn would be though.

My plan, currently, is for Cam to stay with the Order until Naboo, be the BDH there and get the glory, then see.
    Currently, while powerful, Cam is a no-one in galactic terms, so he needs the exposure of Naboo.
    After Naboo, well Cam needs to start planning heavily for the war to come. So far his adventures have been... disjointed and random. That will change in the future.

As for his first Padawan. Tedra is a likely candidate, though there are others he could take.

8. Septaemus Meridaeus

Septaemus Meridaeus Making the rounds.

Like Ahsoka....

or if he finds her Ventress

9. Stoyan

The chance for ashoka is less than 0,1%.
    The reason is simple. She is not even born yet. (I think)
    If I remember correctly she become anakins padwan when the war started.
    Anakin was 19 and she has ATLEAST 6 years difference with him (so 13).
    That means that when naboo happens she will be maximum 3 years old.

Yeah Cam is nobody now but there are some years before naboo.
    And he already have some connections around the galaxy while doing missions. (Like former slaves, padme, classmates from the undercover, the billions of people from restoration program, all his fans and so on)
    And I have a feeling that he is going to make some serious connections with the mandalorians and his shan heritage.

Naboo may be important for the Senate and the separatist side. But about the galaxy as a whole? Not so much.

TheKingOfHeroes likes this.
  10. Stoyan

If Cam decided to quit a make the grey order i assume that there are gonna be a lot of jedi coming with him.

Are Yoda and Yardla gonna be among them?

11. Zendrelax

Zendrelax "All yours. I think it always was. Welcome home."

I mean, not the author, but I find the idea that Yoda would leave more than a little absurd. He's the Grandmaster of the Order. If Cam had him on-site to the point he'd leave, Cam probably wouldn't even need to leave.

12. Stoyan

I don't find the idea absurd. Just possible.

My opinion on yoda at the moment is neutral. He supports the old belief in the code but isn't outright against any new ideals or new suggestions.

While he is neutral the high council is not.
    Most of them are strict followers of the code. They don't accept any new changes to the code. They don't question the orders of the Senate. If some of the padwans are traumatised they don't give them help willingly.

If Cam decide to quit most of the high council won't be follow him.
    My question is what would yoda chose for himself.
    Stay with the high council because of his support to the codex.
    Or follow Cam to help making the new order because he sees that the old codex is flawed and needs to change.

And the thing about Cam not needing to leave just because yoda is on his side is a little unreal.
    Yoda no matter how powerful he is its still only one person. He can't just shut up the high council because they don't agree with him. He also can't silence the whole old codex faction outside of the council. He can only support the new facation or try to be the peacemaker between the two.

If diplomacy cant resolve the problem then it's either they separate or jedi civil war.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  13. USSExplorer

Ahsoka is born in 36BBY, i.e. the year after the current time.
    Ventres is, going by the EU - which is my source for 90% of data with new stuff added to filling gaps - around the same age as Anakin and has a Jedi Master.

The 2 most likely options for Cam's first Padawan are Tedra Zill and Anakin, though I'm very unsure about taking Anakin from Qui-Gon.

Naboo, is useful for the simple reason it is Palpatine's homeworld. Having his own world question him, or even leave the Republic, would raise questions about his competency among the Senate and public.
    Though that's not the only reason it's useful, just one example.

Yoda... No. He's very traditionalist and even though he learnt some things after the fall of the Jedi, he still had issues. (He complained to Luke that the NJO wouldn't work as it wasn't true to the Jedi, so some other such bullshit)

Yaddle, is far more likely to, if not follow, be sympathetic to Cam's plans.

Yoda is, for all intent and purposes, the voice of reason/patience regarding Cameron on the High Council.
    Remember that Cam is Dooku's Padawan, so he is a part of Yoda's current legacy, and he is also under the tutelage of Fay. Who is likely the next oldest current member of the ORder at >700 years.

Right now the HC is 3/4 against Cam, 3/4 supporting and 4-6 that are neutral, or judging each event as separate and unique.

Though that will changes as the council does and Cam keeps getting into situations ;)

A 5th/6th schism is possible, but unlikely to occur. While the Sith would enjoy watching it, it would crew up the Grand Plan to have to deal with 2 Jedi Orders

14. USSExplorer

Also, if you want, come into the discord:- discord.gg/pSgE54Q
    There's a channel there were many discuss SW (including people more knowledgeable about the franchise that me)

15. Stoyan

So are you saying that other than joining the naboo invasion fight Cam is also going to put somehow Palpatine in bad light in front of his people? Intersting

Personally I think anakin should go with obi wan. I don't see the high council trusting Cam with teaching him.
    He would already have tedra.
    And who would they chose for teaching a 9 year old kid in the old ways of the jedi.
    16-17 year Cam who is unorthodox and is like his rival for the chosen one title.
    Or 25 year obi wan that was taught the old ways and has started learning at normal initied age and doesn't show unorthodox manners.

The digest change that I could see is qui-gon becoming his teacher if he is still alive after naboo. But then obi wan would have to search for other padwan to teach.

16. USSExplorer

The plan is for Qui-Gon to survive Naboo. Bc Liam Neeson is awesome :)
    Though I am leaning very much to a group-teaching setup with Anakin (and a few other Padawans) and I've already got another one in mind for Obi-Wan.

Given the rep Palpatine built up before and during The Clone Wars, Cam has to do something to turn people against him.

TheKingOfHeroes and Stoyan like this.
  17. Stoyan

Very true. He should turn them against him.
    But can he do that without exposing himself? We don't want Palpatine knowing that Cam is working against him from day 1. And Cam mustnt expose that Palpatine is a sith lord/separatists leader. Only that he is not a good person. Otherwise there would a lot more deathe when the clone war comes.

About group teaching. Good idea but the council won't agree. Cam was an exception, not the new teaching plan. If anakin start as initied then yes. But when he becomes a padwan there is gonna be only one master.

Of course that is if there isn't a grey jedi order when he becomes a padwan. There is still a lot of time so who knows.

Actually now that I think about it there are like 14-15 years until the clone war. When tedra gets older will her respect/admiration towards Cam turn into love interest?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  18. Zendrelax

Just as well. We all saw how things went when Obi-Wan teaches Anakin. He's a great guy, but not the teacher Anakin needs. Maybe things could go differently with Cam's influence, but with Palps running around maybe not.

And, yeah. Liam Neeson is awesome.

19. USSExplorer

Oh Cam isn't going to openly expose Palpas until he's as ready as he can be (which will likely be during the Clone Wars.
    But nothing about giving the man bad press with a few leaks to cause a few problems. (and having the Queen and people of Naboo owing Cam big time certainly will have other uses)

Eh, what the Council don't know, can't hurt them. Qui-Gon is all but a part of the Coalition now anyway, so him allowing Cam (and others like Dooku) to train Anakin on the side wouldn't be something he'd have a problem with.

Not sure. But there's a nice symmetry there as that happened with Dooku's last Padawan before Cam (Konari Vosa)

20. Tersin

Tersin Know what you're doing yet?

At least Cam will likely handle it better being more in touch with emotions in general?

21. Stoyan

I have a question. Cam knows that the war is coming soo it's logical to study about space combat and tactics to prepare himself for when he is given a rank in the military.

BUT

IF Cam decides to stay with the order when the war begins then is he planing about teaching his jedi allies about officer training?

After all there is prior 1000 years peace and the jedi don't promote violence so their strategies are mostly passive defense. Include their way of handling of people with PTSD, their care (or a lack of that) about PR, not having expirience in leading non-sensitive soldiers and not looking for advice from the real military officers.
    Still all padwans are given commander ranks and knights and above general from the get to in the war.

It's obvious that Palpatine is purposely doing that to use all their mistakes to paint them in bad light to the republic civilians and the clones hating them for their incompetence.
    So is Cam going to do something about that?

TheKingOfHeroes and The Dude like this.
  22. LC Poketoon

LC Poketoon Not too sore, are you?

Hmm you do know one of the downsides of saving Qui-Gon is that JarJar will follow him around due to his life debt. So Cam an the other will have to deal with JarJar's antics.

23. Zendrelax

Alternatively, Sidious won't have Jar Jar to propose that he be given emergency powers, because he's too busy being Qui-Gon' s clumsy sidekick. Without Jar Jar's help, Palpatine will never become Emperor! A fool-proof plan! :p

24. USSExplorer

If, and it's a big sized if, he stays, then yes, he'd train his friends/allies in the Order for what is to come.
    Perhaps get them to help with a few 'peacekeeping' operations as practice/preparation

Easy fix for that.
    [​IMG]
    "Whoops, I tripped and accidentally skewered him through the brain."

TheKingOfHeroes and Stoyan like this.
  25. Zendrelax

Damn, that is probably the most gruesome piece of star wars art I've ever seen.

Also, I don't think it went through his brain. He has a very long face.

26. Stoyan

Does Cam have some plans for Jocasta Nu? After all he wants to create new order and she is the archivist with the most knowledge from both light and dark side. Even the forgotten ancient teachings and powers.

Sidious feared and searched for her bc she could revive a new jedi order.

27. Xcell

Xcell Know what you're doing yet?

There's a really cool fan theory that says that jar jar antics were enact and that he was really performing drunken wushu and that he was a dark side user in league with sidious and George Lucas originally planned to reveal him during the prequels but from all the hate he got from the fans he instead swapped him out with dooku. that's why Duke who in one of the prequel movies just seems to come out of nowhere. As there was no president's for dooku before it. I forget which prequel movie it was exactly. The author might revive this idea in my opinion in his fanfic to replace dooku. Then we'll probably get the satisfaction of reading a scene where we get to hear about jar jar getting brutally killed like you seem to desire.

28. USSExplorer

From what I can gather, Nu is very much a traditionalist, so currently, she's unlikely to agree with Cam's plans fo the future.
    Though that might change in the future.

I am aware of the theory, and I'm old enough to remember when it was first going around.
    However, it's highly unlikely that I bring it into play. I have ideas for how to replace Dooku in the Sith Grand Plan, bu they don't involve JJ.

TheKingOfHeroes and Xcell like this.
  29. Stoyan

True about her being traditionalist but I think that she is also the most easy one to convert. After all she is archivist.
    Her speciality is studying ancient history and knowledge. She doesn't make difference if it's light or dark. Just how Cam said that a skill could be both light or dark depending on how it is used.

She live outside of corusant and study the history of the first jedi order before their split up into light and dark jedi.
    She should have the most open mind thinking (like Cam) from the present jedi right now. And I don't think that she started creating school for new jedi AFTER order 66.

30. Zendrelax

She's the one who told Obi-Wan "If it isn't in the archive, then it doesn't exist," in the prequels, right? Doesn't sound terribly open-minded to me.