1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Melmar

Melmar Should probly stop sayin' words

Man, the PSO 2 anime is way darker than the game. I was not expecting this many hacked up bodies. :V

Berserk869 likes this.
  2. Tsuzurao

Tsuzurao Experienced.

No? Nothing suggested that the Composer was going to stop running the Reaper's Game in general after his big game with the Conductor.

The game the Composer and the Conductor were having was entirely centered around the preservation or destruction of the Shibuya district of Tokyo, not the entire world. In fact, the Composer in TWEWY is only ever stated to govern over Shibuya in particular, suggesting that there are probably other Composers governing other wards of Tokyo, as well as likely other Composers tending to other cities.

At any rate, the Composer's reason for wanting to erase Shibuya was because he'd concluded that the people were corrupt, incapable of changing to better themselves, and so their lives were basically a net negative to the world. That said, despite winning the game against the Conductor, in the process the Composer got enough evidence right to his face that even one of the most misanthropic Shibuya residents he'd seen - Neku - had been able to make a gigantic turn for the better, which counters the logic behind erasing Shibuya in the first place.

3. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

So, Black Friday deals tomorrow... I wonder if I should get anything.

Phorbeus and Knightfall like this.
  4. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

I wonder if altelier raiza's DLC will be discounted to a reasonable price.

5. Knightfall

Knightfall Nui Harime lover, Cynic, and Archivist

Which game is worse? Superman 64 or Batman Dark Tomorrow?

6. OverReactionGuy

ET

Bacon_commando, Velk and Knightfall like this.
  7. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

Wait, you don't go to BF for a shot at beating the shit out of people and looting them?

Bacon_commando, Imabot and Knightfall like this.
  8. OverReactionGuy

9. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

10. JadeKaiser

JadeKaiser Fae apologist Moderator

Looking for interest in a possible QQ Minecraft server, probably modded. I've made a specific discussion thread here, so please go there if that sounds like a fun idea to you.

11. OverReactionGuy

Dakkaface likes this.
  12. JadeKaiser

JadeKaiser Fae apologist Moderator

Interesting. I looked beforehand, didn't see that for some reason. Looking at it now, do you know if it was ever at least updated to a newer Minecraft version? Because 1.8 is... old. To put it lightly. Still might be interested in starting my own even if not, if there's enough people interested in a modded one.

13. OverReactionGuy

It's on the newest version. The nether updated and there's new biomes but the structures weren't deleted so there's still a never hub.

JadeKaiser likes this.
  14. Melmar

*decides to try Stellaris cuz he's never tried the genre before and it was on sale cheap* ...this is an initimidating amount of... stuff. There's a lot of it.

15. BigBoom550

BigBoom550 Relentlessly Hedonistic

Welcome to 4X games. Get a drink. You'll need it.

aquinas likes this.
  16. Melmar

But I don't drink! :V

17. Imabot

Imabot Connoisseur.

He was talking about something with caffeine. You'll need it desperately once you finally reach phase of "Ok, just one more turn and I'm done. For real this time. Last 875 times don't count."

18. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

Not really something that happens with Paradox games, those are real time with pause not turn based. That said he'll still need it for the later parts of a campaign where the game starts to slow down and it'll take longer and longer for in game time to pass. Something Paradox to my knowledge was never truly able to solve fully though attempts were made.

19. Hunter 1

Hunter 1 Know what you're doing yet?

More like, "welcome to Paradox grand strategy games; you'll want something to either keep you up or knock you out, depending on your preferences and needs".

Anonnermus likes this.
  20. Melmar

I'd settle for knowing why there's a chat menu or notepad pop up thingy on my screen, how I made it appear, and how to make it fuck off again. :V

21. Malcolmo

Press the ` key (top left of your keyboard, next to the 1 and esc keys).
    As for why it's there, that's for console commands. You can type in help to get a list or go to the wiki to for a more easily read list. Actual chat is only a thing in multiplayer and looks much different.

Melmar likes this.
  22. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

If you don't spend about half an hour fiddling with stuff before you even hit unpause for the first time in a campaign, you probably missed something. :V
    TBF some Paradox games could actually use a persistent notepad. Anno 2070 had one and it was invaluable for determining and remembering target build ratios.

23. Malcolmo

Depends on which game you're playing and which nation you're playing as. Perhaps it's my experience with having taken part in multiplayer but typically you don't spend that much time paused, at least for the start. Now if you're doing something cheesy/difficult ala Florryworry you're going to be pausing a lot because you've got a lot of shit to keep an eye on and respond to.
    I've never played anno so I can't say I know but you can semi use it as a notepad by typing stuff in, pressing enter then later using arrow keys to go over previously inputted commands. Not ideal but at least it's a thing.

24. heralding_bubble

heralding_bubble Liar and Hypocrite

I liked Stellaris until the Megacorp DLC/update.
    Then it got too micromanagement-y for my tastes.

25. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

It's definitely my Arumba and CHG experience talking. :V
    Factorio should have this feature natively, but at least there's a mod for it.

Malcolmo likes this.
  26. Knightfall

Knightfall Nui Harime lover, Cynic, and Archivist

So you guys think they're going to make a remake of Code Veronica they've already made remakes of Resident Evil 2 and 3.

27. Melmar

I'd rather they do something new than make another remake. Bring on Revelations 3. They kinda left us hanging on that whole bad guys getting away with the T-Abyss ending from the first one.

28. Desalis

Desalis Journey before desination

I'm very much enjoying Immortals Fenyx Rising at the moment. I was expecting to give this a pass, but a friend recommended it to me and I'm glad they did.

The game is gorgeous, the combat is fun, the dialogue is hilarious and Zeus' commentary makes everything a thousand times better. This is the sneak hit of the year for me.

"

Bacon_commando and Derek58 like this.
  29. Melmar

I've been liking it alright 'cept for the crashes. I wasn't expecting them to roll with the gods being their assholish selves but they totally did and it's kind of hilarious.

30. Desalis

Desalis Journey before desination

Sorry to hear about it crashing on you, it's run like a dream for me.

The gods being assholes is absolutely the best part, the game keeps making me laugh and I love it.