1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

If finding skilled labor is that difficult... I'm guessing that South America didn't get wrecked by superhuman native opportunism during the Sheeda invasion?

Cuchulin and Lord Ernest like this.
  2. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Well... You can tell this is going to end really really badly...

3. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The Sheeda invasion wasn't that big of an issue renegade side.

After they showed up they were quickly defeated.

The Accala also don't have plant magic and the support of a hyper-powerful plant elemental in the renegade side.

Cuchulin and moralrelativity like this.
  4. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

No doubt another spy looking to get some inside info on their tech. I wonder how many applicants are just that.

If more of their applicants are spies than not, this could take a long time...

After all, people do talk to their family. And it's all too likely that they'd spill something without even thinking. If it's known that they're working for Luthor's fleet, their family will undoubtedly be bugged to hell and back...

A sad statement about human nature, but alas, such is the world. No matter how much or how little someone has, they always end up wanting more.

And various powers are eyeing up Luthor's projects with concern as he more or less buys himself a country, one bit at a time. At least they're making the region a better place to live.

Ha! It's that obvious?Sooner or later, someone in their agency will catch on and send someone really well-trained. Does Luthor have contingency plans in case of Bond?

Yeah, getting any info they can on the spacecraft and weapons the ESF have displayed must be giving them raging espionage-boners...

Smart. Because you know the second someone gets even the slightest bit of info...

...Exactly. And the worst part is, it's hard to be sure which is worse.

Idealism will only go so far. Sooner or later, you have to look to the more mercenary types.

I'm impressed that they even have a colonisation schedule. Grayven's serious about splitting humanity from its single-world biome...

Yes, I doubt many people will appreciate their territory, no matter how empty, being used as a bypass by another species. And unless some genius develops some manner of Genesis device, they will be very busy terraforming for a long time to come...

You'd have to convince all the Elemental parliaments to cooperate. And that makes herding cats look extremely easy...

Well, there is the Rot or the Grey. But they aren't the most personable parliament.

TO be honest, when has a 'good will tour' ever been anything but a nation showing off how big their metaphorical military dick, ever?

Presumably taking cues from Lex, or picking up some lingering dislike from him and treating him in kind. I'm honestly impressed Lex is being so pleasant around them...

No doubt with a polite 'Don't call us, we'll call you.' I doubt the spy's bosses will be happy...

If Lex weren't so busy, a trip there might be good for him... Or his biggest nightmare... Surrounded by strange, inhuman creatures, yet recognising so many human traits in them...

An oldie but a goodie.

I'm sure they do. Hmm... If My Little Pony doesn't exist here, what does the brony demographic fixate on? Littlest Pet Shop?

Imagine if they set up a base with flying drones that just casually flew about filming interesting things... Like the ultimate nature documentary-slash-reality show ever... But can you imagine the legal nightmare that would be?

Probably a little bit of magic involved, given that she can literally blow ponies away using Royal Canterlot Voice...

Might get some attention drawn to Mars. And Tamaran would become one hell of a tourist destination...

:V Oh, that's always trouble. I fancy the sixty-plus light-year trip might be a bit much at this point...

I fully expect such a design to be evolved and improved upon over the years. Why, you could make it look completely harmless... Until it busts out defensive death-rays...

So they'll be able to have their own Star Trek program... :p After all, they're already working on Star Wars.

Why, it's like science fiction or something. :D

And the Renegade's side continues to advance.Honestly, the Paragon really needs to nudge some people to get on this kind of thing, he can't keep a L.E.G.I.O.N fleet on station all the time. And presumably, tomorrow will cut back to the Paragon just in time to have skipped the White Martian delegates speeches. I do hope we get them summarized...

"I don't suppose he has an equivalent for microbes and insects, does he?"

5. Flightless Man

Flightless Man Versed in the lewd.

After everything Renegade has been involved in, I am kind of surprised no one started a church for him when he said he was god of conquest.

6. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Archer Enterprise was less "not fighting raiders" and more "actively getting your ass kicked by raiders"

But yeah, tens of thousands would jump at the possibility of "boldly going"

Gilhelmi, Ardy, SemiAnarchist and 3 others like this.
  7. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Wouldn't you be concerned if Luthor is gaining more power?

And even when it seems he's making things better, he tends to revert back to stupid evil mode.

Make a robot female that carries a super STD in her vagina.

I'm leaning toward the stupid part.

That could explain why Luthor wants to do one.

It wouldn't be the weirdest sexual ting he wants to do, given that Kon exists.

Even Luthor can have a good idea sometimes.

Now I want him to go just to watch him experience a mental breakdown.

Granted he may be resilient, seeing as he's spent time with someone he thinks is an alien.

8. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Actually he does have worshipers.

To be fair, they were just starting out in the space exploration thing and didn't have some of the most advanced ships in the known universe.

9. Z3r0Sama

Z3r0Sama Not too sore, are you?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, these chapters really show that humanity needed The Light, just not the original bunch of doofuses. Everytime Light 2.0 makes an appearance it brings a tear to my eye when the brain trust acts logically to solve problems the heroes were unaware of or unwilling to aknowledge, instead of supervillian solutions.

10. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Well... conquering the future for a few hundreds years was a supervillain solution. Leaving? That was not.

I can totally see Space Age Lex doing that.

Why? Is not like Grayven lacks the resources and allies to help protect the fleet. Plus they are going to Tamaran who could use more allies and who likes Grayven.

Granted they could get attacked by the Reach but Tamaran is literally uncontested territory, neither rhe GLs or the Reach have any interest on it in Canon DC timelines. Here? They have Orange Lanterns Corps who are staying more or less neutral instead of making the huge stupidity of fighting the Reach directly.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  11. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Fighting the Reach isn't stupid.

If they're allowed to expand further then they can gain more resources, advance their tech and develop more weapons, and enslave entire species.

Also by fighting them it's possible to free the ones they've enslaved.

Ardy and AngelicKnight. like this.
  12. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Because it's Lex Luthor.

In the entire multiverse there's a grand total of one Lex Luthor that can actually be trusted, and that's the mirror universe Lex Luthor.

AngelicKnight. likes this.
  13. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

And somehow 99% of them would end up impregnated by spider queens of the bunch (if they're lucky). Alien Space Babes look for main characters not redshifts.

Ardy likes this.
  14. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    No, that's correct.
    Thank you, corrected.
    Indeed it didn't. But their governments are a good deal more functional than the ones in Africa.
    Continent. Not country.
    No, it's just that the differences between a g-goblin and a g-hobgoblin are outwardly fairly slight.
    No.
    Thank you, corrected.
    He does have worshippers. He just doesn't have much direct contact with them.
    I suspect that you mean 'redshirts'.

15. Agent Orange

I do, thank you. [Also Redshirts is an awesome novel] Btw do EDF uniforms resemble pyjamas with mostly red top half?

Ardy likes this.
  16. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

If he accepts them, can they get passive buffs from him even if he's not actively doing it?

Cuchulin and DrThoth like this.
  17. Mr Zoat

The hazing uniform does. The regular one doesn't.
    No. As Grayven himself has pointed out, worshipping him does nothing for them and next to nothing for him.

18. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

...I can't do that justice without getting plenty of sleep first. Research politics from before QQ's cutoff... For now, I say that countries can be less bad than the worst of Africa and still be bad enough to be useful for poaching recruits.

Bramble Thorn, DrThoth and Vorian like this.
  19. Sordid Snake

Sordid Snake (Verified Viper)

In the absence of a working State (or if the State is actively malevolent) people are loyal to family, relatives and clan. Inside a larger organization (like a non-working State, or a megacorp) that loyalty expresses itself in behaviors indistinguishable from extreme nepotism and ubiquitous corruption. In fact, if the corp member refused to fix jobs for all their second-cousins and refused to use corp resources for the enrichment of their relatives their family would cut them off.

So no, areas without a working State are not full of disassociated atomized individuals that are just waiting to be poured in whatever aggregate shape desired.

If you want something like that you have to start with people who already are cut off from their families. Like abandoned orphans. But I expect G&L want employees today and not in 20 years.

Prince Charon, Chaoswind, PDV and 7 others like this.
  20. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

They probably are making sure that the people they're hiring aren't going to be practitioners of nepotism.

21. Rafin

Rafin Not too sore, are you?

What kinds of people worship him?

Cuchulin likes this.
  22. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

I don't remember when he discussed that; was it in the segment where he was discussing alien religions and gave the talk show host the chance to tour monasteries near the Source Wall?
    Did he explain why exactly it does nothing? He was able to influence Kon and Match and demotivate some lawyers working against him at some point, so a pool of active worshippers seems like a useful resource considering belief is a tangible force (and he does miss the straightforward influence he had in the Land of Summer's End). I can see him garnering worshippers making him a bigger concern to the League or something, but I don't think that would be something that would stop him.

23. Mr Zoat

A variety of people. Neo-pagans, superhero groupies who heard 'god' and got the wrong idea, people who like his public stance and started as a joke...
    It's more the classical 'you serve the community by serving the ideals of the community' rather than blocking people. The EDF has an excellent community involvement program.

24. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Eh, there are a few that can be trusted to keep their word... Sometimes.

Now, Lex knows that he cannot conquer Tamaran and that he depends on Grayven.... for now.

Nothing will happen by Lex part for at least two years.

After that... who knows?

The right idea, he is actually a real God.

DrThoth likes this.
  25. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I think he meant that they thought he wanted to be worshiped after saying he's a god.

We typically think that gods want to be worshiped, so maybe they also thought he wanted to be worshiped, even though he doesn't want it.

26. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Wasn't his tentacle monster cult basically worshiping him anyway?

And one of the girls who works for him does worship him.

27. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I think that particular cult has different religious practices than other cults.

Also, while Misa may worship him , I don't think he wants her to, but just wants her loyalty.

Prince Charon and Cuchulin like this.
  28. Impartial Panic

Impartial Panic I trust you know where the happy button is?

Oh god don't let "Dutchess" Archer anywhere near space in DC.

Now we just need to have lex take a vacation in Equestria.
    He'll either mellow out of have a full psychotic break.

Cuchulin likes this.
  29. Agent Orange

Hey, hey! Take that back! 'Dutchess' is just the kind of a person you want representing your species to the galactic community. The only one arguably better is Insaneway ;)

It's Lex. Probably the second.

Impartial Panic, Cuchulin and Darko like this.
  30. BartlettMagic

BartlettMagic peekaboo, you fucks you!

now that would be a resource worth tapping into. kind of like an extension of his current menagerie in the mountain, but Space VersionTM. an elite troop of fanatically loyal and absolutely deferential enhanced and awakened Grayven black operators. big G could use the g-gnomes to sort through applicants, and find people that fit his needs. after everything, maybe Artemis as his Riker-esque lieutenant.