1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fanfic Search Thread

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Biigoh, Jan 13, 2015.

1. bladewolf

bladewolf Know what you're doing yet?

Thanks a ton

rex64, Tunak23 and Ddmkm122 like this.
  2. Nitramy

Nitramy Captain Quattro, YOU wa CHAR

Does an RWBY crossover exist where the OCP overpowered main character obliterates Cinder Fall as soon as the MC realizes s/he's on Remnant and can tie that loose end up?

Tunak23 and Ddmkm122 like this.
  3. Flightstrike

Flightstrike Know what you're doing yet?

I'm looking for a worm story where the Si inserts into Taylors body and has changer powers

4. Vongrak

Vongrak There is always more books

A few months ago I was reading a Bloodborne cross Monster Girl world story and it was actually great, would anyone happen to know what it is called?

5. Hidden One

Hidden One Not the Boss. Possibly a Playa.

It was pointed out to me that Xander dressed as James Bond-fanfiction exists and several are "lengthy".
    Can someone suggest one or more of the better ones? :)

6. Mana_Knight_Jorin

Mana_Knight_Jorin The Mana Knight

The only one I know of is "The Hellmouth Never Dies" by Lucifael. It can be found somewhere in here.

@@@

I'm looking for a Ranma fic. In it Ranma is the last survivor of a world destroyed by demons. He is on some weird alternate Earth, where things are very different. Sailor Venus dresses like she wants a session of BDSM. Sailor Saturn is an adult vampire. Sailor Mars used to be some priestess of a dark cult. Sailor Moon is bisexual. And might be descended from the dark Goddess the dark cult worships. I think the title had something about "Clear Skies" in it. I dunno. It's been awhile. Poor Ranma is confused about everything happening. There might be a giant eye involved in it all. And I think Dr. Tofu is actually a dragon.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  7. DIT_grue

DIT_grue lurker

You mean On A Clear Day You Can See Forever? (Which is a sequel to other fics on the same page, where the "last survivor" bit comes in more.)

8. HellMourne

HellMourne Getting sticky.

Trying to track down a Worm fic I read years ago. It featured a scene where Glory Girl does the living missile thing on a bunch of gang members during a gang war with Brandish confronting her about killing them afterwards and telling her to get back home or something while Glory Girl is walking away from her. Anyone recognize what fic this was? I'm about 90% sure it was on either FanFiction of SpaceBattles.

9. HellMourne

HellMourne Getting sticky.

Never mind, I found it. It was Warlock by Kerashana over on Sufficient Velocity.

Tunak23 and macdjord like this.
  10. Tunak23

Tunak23 From the West to the East

Do you guys know any Asoiaf SI/OC fanfiction where the MC is born on Essos and actually is involved with the politics of the Free Cities,the Dothraki,Slaver's Bay or the remaing Tall Men City/Kingdom etc?

Just an Asoiaf story based on Essos that while he/she may have contact with Westeros,the SI/OC tries to build a powerbase beyond the Sunset Kingdoms.

Bobbibp likes this.
  11. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

I'm trying to find a Harry Potter fic I read years ago where the central conceit was that Luna Lovegood had a unique Divination ability that worked basically like Path to Victory, i.e. giving the necessary steps to accomplish any given goal. However, it was not under her conscious control; instead, any time anyone else asked a question of the form 'How can I...?' or 'What's the best way to...?' in her presence, she would compulsively answer them.
    • I think Luna was aware of her ability, but couldn't ask herself questions and didn't remember the answers after she'd given them
    • I think the story was set (or at least started) during 4th year; IIRC Harry learned of the power when, while on the Hogwarts Express, he ask something like 'How can I have a better year this time?' and Luna, who was passing by his compartment, answered something like 'When Ron turns on you, don't forgive him. Also, when we get to Hogwarts, go to McGonnigal and tell her [something]'
    • Harry and Luna ended up together because, of course, he was the first person at school to see her power in action and treat her respectfully - everyone else either thought her power wasn't real and she was just crazy, treated her as a freak for having such an odd ability, or tried to exploit her for it. Harry, on the other hand, accepted it but did his best to avoid triggering it with questions unless invited first.
    • At some point Harry either bought, found, or made an amulet which suppressed Luna's power, for which she was hugely grateful
    • The fic ended with them having had a fun and productive year, and Harry sitting down with Luna and, with her permission, removing her amulet and asking her about the best way to defeat Voldemort

12. SlickRCBD

SlickRCBD none

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7382549/1/When-Is-It-a-Contract
    When Is It a Contract

By: Aealket
    Luna wants to have a better third year, so she asked her Daddy what to do.
    Rated: Fiction T - English - Friendship - Harry P. - Words: 18,433 - Reviews: 587 - Favs: 4,278 - Follows: 1,115 - Published: Sep 14, 2011 - Status: Complete - id: 7382549

13. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

Yes, that's it. Thank you!

SlickRCBD and Wandering Jackal like this.
  14. Navi-Hank

Navi-Hank An engine fuled by spite

I'm looking for a Bleach rewrite fic from a few years ago. As part of the backstory Ichigo ran away from home after the Grand Fisher ate his mom and he basically went ferral. What snaped him back to reality was the little ghost girl asking him if he wanted to buy some girlscout cookies.it was definitely on fanfiction.net thanks in advance

Cardo076 likes this.
  15. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

So, I finally tracked these down (after nearly 5 years!); they're the work of Pigblossom (later known as Rubber Panda); however his FF.net profile has been wiped and his stories taken down; fortunately Wayback Machine seems to have a complete archive of them.

TheCenterAct, Dumby and daimahou like this.
  16. Midnighter13

Midnighter13 Conjurer of cheap tricks, from Arda

I'm looking for a Harry Potter SI fic that I'm pretty sure was on here. It involves the SI being the brother to Draco and learning to cure squibs using water magic. Draco Luna Harry and the SI each have an elemental affinity that allows them to cure squibs. The SI becomes Lord Black, and becomes king of the historical Black lands. It ends with a quasi suicide run against the dementor queen in Antarctica/Atlantis at the behest of Nicolas Flamel. It was a pretty long fic. Anyone know what this story was called and where to find it?

Bobbibp likes this.
  17. Hidden One

Okay, I have to ask since I struggle to find any story for this.
    I am looking for Builder crossovers, specifically on TTH and FF, if you know a community/storylist I would be thankfull if you share.
    I tried the two stories linked in the builder lore document and I know there is at least one on FF from dogbertcarrol that is not listed as a builder specific story.
    Bonus points if its complete stories!

18. SlickRCBD

SlickRCBD none

I don't know anything that isn't listed in this link that isn't a mirror of a story already on the list on Pit of Voles:
    https://www.tthfanfic.org/Challenge-7849
    although I think Mist of Rainbows did another Builders story, I can't really recommend her work.
    https://www.tthfanfic.org/AuthorStories-5314/MistofRainbows.htm

dogbertcarroll likes this.
  19. Hidden One

Thanks, unfortunally that was the only stuff I actually did find by my own, due to the fanfics linked in the lore document leading to that challenge.
    MistOfRainbos builder stuff at least somewhat fits with QQ. ;)

dogbertcarroll likes this.
  20. SlickRCBD

SlickRCBD none

I'm certain she did two different Builders storylines with the BTVS cast.
    I recall one where they wound up in the Star Wars universe and one of them built a chocolate Jedi temple (out of chocolate). Yoda had a vision of it and thought it was just a weird dream, and at one point mentioned it to younglings as an example that not everything they dream is a Force vision even if it seems like it. Although later he finds the temple and is shocked.
    Somebody told me about it, which is why I read the story, but I don't recall which Builder story had it, just that it is by Mist of Rainbows on TTH.
    I don't need help to find it again, I just don't feel like downloading and searching.

dogbertcarroll and macdjord like this.
  21. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

I gotta point out this is the SFW side of QQ. Best to ask on the NSFW side.

22. Matrix Prime

Matrix Prime Making the rounds.

Oh thank you for telling me, deleted the post.

23. Mana_Knight_Jorin

Mana_Knight_Jorin The Mana Knight

I'm looking for a fic I saw on this site long ago. It involved Taylor going to summer camp, the S9 showing up, Carlos/Aegis Triggering, Taylor Triggering, Jack Slash dying, Taylor killing Manton/Siberian on her way back to Brockton Bay, no one in authority actually believing Taylor, Annette Triggering, Taylor and Annette putting some Bonesaw victims back together. If anyone knows the url, lemme know.

macdjord likes this.
  24. 0Jordinio0

0Jordinio0 I'm told I give great hugs. Bear-tastic even.

I'm looking for any good Harry Potter inserts where they basically are human and try to live their lives, with all the vice that includes. Such as wanting power, wanting money, wanting to get laid etc. And not ones that are full on robots or super keikaku dori.

There's also an oc insert quest that I think was on here or maybe it's a fic? I can't remember. What I do remember from it is the insert hangs around with Tonks quite a bit in his first year and there's another person inserted as well as an antagonist who ends up getting dealt with quite fast if I remember right.

sagemo likes this.
  25. Cardo076

Cardo076 .

This one is a Cherico fic. I think it was called Blackfish.

26. Anon-Echo98

Anon-Echo98 Purveyor of tales and lewds

Personally looking for SI fics, just... generally good, long-running ones, from one of the following fandoms, but I know that some of the things I enjoy are more so on the niche side... also don't mind lewd ones.

-D&D
    -Fire Emblem
    -Fairy Tail
    -Shield Hero

27. SlickRCBD

SlickRCBD none

I'm not sure if I need to post in the NSFW forum, but this is pushing it.
    I'm looking a Worm ficlet. It was either a oneshot or in somebody's idea/drabble file.

It had four master type capes showing up in a waiting room at the PRT with cages, apparently to get new names. They were either Wards or Protectorate. They were each griping about the terrible names they'd been stuck with and made a bet on who had the worst name. One had cages with roosters, and said he'd been dubbed "The Cock Lord". Another had cats and she said she had been named "The Pussy Princess". Next was somebody with beavers that was "The Beaver Driver", and finally somebody with donkeys that was called "The Ass Master". Apparently somebody had been fired and altered their records before their debut before they were cut off from computer access.

I'd like to find that drabble again. It was funny.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    macdjord likes this.
  28. Navi-Hank

Navi-Hank An engine fuled by spite

So I just found out about perfluorocarbons and being the absolute degenerate that I am the first thing I thought of was underwater sex marathons. So does anyone have anything close to this? Also I wonder how long it will take for someone to go through with it.​

29. Kreuzritter

Kreuzritter Know what you're doing yet?

short fic, maybe a ficlet, HP/Fate Zero crossover

gist is that instead of Angra Mainyu, the Einzberns summoned Sirius Black as "Servant Marauder" in the 3rd grail war, and he became the guiding consciousness of the grail

cut to the 4th grail war, and Arturia discovers she's only in a set of racy underwear, other servants are straight up naked, Gilgamesh has various insults drawn on his ace, and instead of Gilles, Harry is Caster, and servant to some kid

I've searched ff.net, Ao3, SV and tumblr, but had absolutely no luck finding it

Navi-Hank likes this.
  30. SlickRCBD

SlickRCBD none

I found it on accident.
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10788041/11/Midgets-and-Mooncalves

TheCenterAct, macdjord and Navi-Hank like this.