1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Ah, Doctor Cranius, head surgeon and master creator of the Un-Men. A modern-day Frankenstein with a taste for the aesthetic and unusual, if anyone doesn't remember him. Also no more than a head with limbs, so I understand him creating extra optional body parts.

Heh, I see his maker's programming is still there, and that he's well aware of that. And really? He considered the ability to eat and taste food superfluous? What a fool.

And yet that sense of humour is quite refined. After all, what better name than a pun on the act of eating?

...Yeah, chocolate may be a bit much for a first run. After all, even the simplest taste can be overwhelming when you're not familiar with it. Chocolate, with its variety of possible tastes and textures? Could well cause catatonia or addiction...

Careful, now, Cranius. Don't want to let that desire for more become an addiction. Next thing you know 'Gus' will be running around licking everything just to taste it for you...

Don't think about it logically, Cranius. Sometimes, you just have to let yourself feel.

Ooh. You may want to correct that before you do this in front of, well, anyone else.

Now, if you can install those sensory nerves in your mouth, you'll have a much easier time of everything...

Heh. Admittedly, he has no shame to cover up. And no real shame anyway.

Good to know he actually can tell if something is too nasty for company... And fascinating outlook on smart tech. It's only natural that he would consider bio-technology superior... I can only imagine what he's been getting up to with the Atlantean Biomancy texts I remember Grayven acquiring for him... Unless Gus is exactly that.

There's a big difference between existing and living, herr Doktor. Now you get to experience on of the fun parts of living.

Nice that he realises his limits...

"Oh, yes. Just something I ate..."

...And now I'm not sure whether to ask how the waste gets out... Let's hope he realises to disconnect his sense of taste before doing so, if it's the obvious method.

She has no idea of what's involved, does she? Her sanity is probably thankful for that.

Ah, so it's like an exhaust port? Well, I suppose that's better than what I was reluctantly imagining...

Now, now, Doctor, when you're dealing with live patients, it's a table. Also, I can't wait until he discovers things like Ice Cream. HE might have to ration his eating time per week, if only to prevent addiction.

Man, that's gonna be fun for the boy. Going to sleep feeling horrible, waking up as a cool monster!

Define 'slightly'? After all, a lot can be hidden under clothes.

Don't go too crazy with the freakshow stuff? I'm sure there are all manner of internal improvements he coudl make. A functioning appendix, for instance, and completely resistant to appendicitis...

As cool as that sounds, I'd still prefer to be able to see normally... What about hawk eyesight? Imagine his reaction to being able to read fine print from a hundred meters away?

She knows you too well, Doctor.

Sure, but his parents might have objections to that level of tweaking. I wonder, how many patients have been tempted to sue after he got a 'little carried away?'

You'd think they'd jump at the chance to have soldiers who can go without sleep for weeks, spit acid or change colours. All of which are Astartes implants no doubt suggested by Grayven...

A project for growing bulk skin grafts for burn victim treatments, perhaps? Though knowing the Un-Men, it could be for nearly anything...

Ah, good to hear he can restrain his less conventional sensibilities.

What's the bet that's the Team, getting a professional opinion on the Young Arion case?

And perform all manner of Science! upon his ailing young body!

Man, I didn't even realise the Toast thing was a Pratchett reference until others mentioned it. Ways of discorporating Auditors of Reality, yeah? At any rate, good to see the Un-Men doing well. It's getting interesting to see all the people Grayven's affected get their time in the limelight. No doubt we'll get some Circe later, maybe as the Team looks to unravel the anonymising spell on the poor victim.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  2. Rebu

Rebu hey, little Anna, you're the one

There's a Karen joke here, I know it.

3. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

As well as being a modern day Frankensteins Monster.

Maybe he efficiently processes and then sweats it out.

And what Cranius thinks is light modification, others may think that it came straight out of the Nightbreed movie.

I think Games Workshop was suing them for the similarities.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  4. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Squid eyes do see what we would consider normally.
    Their vision is sharper and much better in low light because the nerves and blood vessels plug into the back of the eye rather than draping across the retina where they block light.

5. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

... was that really necessary?

Vorian, Relyt33, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  6. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Yes, yes it was.

WhiteNoise likes this.
  7. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    Technically, Crassus is Head Surgeon.
    It was superfluous to Anton Arcane's needs.
    "No, no. Hawks have zhe same stupid backwards eyes as humans."

8. BlueMangoAdea

BlueMangoAdea Alive. For now.

Squid eyes? Much more efficient, though I think they have their own downsides?

MasterG, Relyt33 and Xmaster3000 like this.
  9. Mr Zoat

"Well, yeees, you have to be a squid. Zhis is where I come in."

Cuchulin, WhiteNoise, MasterG and 8 others like this.
  10. Rafin

Rafin Not too sore, are you?

Grayven's new Light are Grayven, Lex Luthor, Queen Clea, Cranius, Circe and The Shade, right? Am I forgetting anyone?

Also, who other than Black Manta are Shade employees without working for only one of the members?

MasterG and Xmaster3000 like this.
  11. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

There's also Teth Adom.

12. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

This and the fact Grayven is his own boss is part of the reason I like him more that Oh El.

Well that and beating the anti-life... I think it has been 3 times now?

Harmony is not bad; is about balance after all not just being good.

I wonder what people thinks of Harmony Grayven?

Relyt33 likes this.
  13. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Nope. All positives. They're even resistant to retinal detachment.
    Reptile lungs are another example of a straight upgrade with no penalty.
    The cross chamber connections create a more efficient airflow.

14. ABZB

ABZB Making the rounds.

Only three? You underestimate my power!

Yeah, the earliest extant records of debates in the Jewish religion over the afterlife were over whether it existed at all - there were groups who argued that there was nothing but oblivion. These more or less entirely died out by the first or second century CE.

From that point, there's a consensus that there's a 'good place', and a 'place where you are punished in some way', at this point there's like two millenia of arguing over the precise meaning of every one of the words in quotes. There are some points of consensus, mostly ones that were induced by particularly traumatic or widespread events or cultural shifts (like the Crusader massacres), or are just so old, simple, and appealing everyone kind of just went with it (e.g. like the one that upper-bounds the length-of-punishment to 11 months)

I translate the term for the... 'Jewish bad place' as 'purgatory' because in most of the views I've encountered, its purpose is to atone, so the person can spend the rest of the eternity without the burden of whatever they did wrong hanging over them.

There are conceptions that have the punishment look more or less like Christian conception, complete with demons and fire. My favorite one is that it's basically just the person being forced to confront what they did and the consequences thereof, complete with "Oh God, what have I done" and counseling.

The basic conception of the good place is, like, hilariously stereotypical - you basically sit around reading and debating everything with everyone forever, and if you were really really good in life, the reward is that you get to sit near and debate with the very best.

Also, might have been no sleep only reading too much, lol

Ardy, Cuchulin, Vorian and 1 other person like this.
  15. Xmaster3000

Xmaster3000 Know what you're doing yet?

Squid eyes, eh? If I know kids he's gonna love it.

Cuchulin likes this.
  16. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

I can't remember the title off hand but there is a fic where that was done and the little boy got into a very angry argument with his mother about a month later and unconsciously started to change. If the guy hadn't been there she might have accidentally been killed.

Xmaster3000 and Cuchulin like this.
  17. Assblaster5000

Assblaster5000 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Reject monke, embrace transhumanism.

18. gattsuru

gattsuru Making the rounds.

Kinda surprised he can’t find at least the occasional volunteer for more outre work. Just in the furry fandom, not every furry wants to genuinely be their fursona, and some of those who do probably don’t meet The Doctor’s aesthetic sense or comply with the laws of physics, but there’s still a pretty sizable number who’d be all over becoming chimeric abominations of science, and consider situations like Stalking Cat less a cautionary tale and more the limitations of the available technology.

19. Threadmarks: Liberticide (part 2)
    Mr Zoat

21st January 2006
    11:28 GMT -5

Mr. Logan shakes his head in bewilderment.

"But, I mean, how does that even happen?"

I stop walking. The other Titans also stop walking, except Koriand'r who keeps flying for a few moments before realising that she's left everyone else behind.

"In Europe, we joke about American sex education, but I always-"

He's blushing purple.

"-assumed that it was just a j-."

"No! I know how it works. My parents were naturalists. But you're different species!"

I gesture to Miss Roth with both hands.

"This is Raven." I generate a construct image of her mother. "This is Angela Roth, her mother. The hundred metre-tall four-eyed demon we all saw last week was her father. How did you think that worked?"

"I dunno." He blinks, his gaze growing distant and his head tilting to the left. "And honestly? I kinda wish I wasn't trying to picture it right now."

Miss Roth squeezes her eyes shut. "Magic. It was magic."

"I dunno." Mr. Stone shrugs. "Ah mean, he could change his size-."

Miss Roth opens her eyes just enough to glare at him. "It. Was. Magic."

Koriand'r frowns, looking genuinely concerned.

"Friends, do you not understand the mechanisms of sexual intercourse?"

"Ah…"

"On Tamaran we are far more open about such things. I can explain the functions of men and women in great detail if you would like?"

I dismiss the construct and walk up the front steps of the manor house Komand'r and I recently purchased. We won't be moving in properly for a while due to all of the work needed to get it up to super vigilante specifications, but she wanted-.

She's in nesting mode. Do Tamaraneans do that?

I reach into my right front pocket to pull out my key, but the door bursts open and Komand'r flies out, hitting me in the chest and lifting me off the ground into the sky as she embraces me!

"Isn't it wonderful! I sat outside this morning and it was like there was no one else on the entire planet!"

Out of the corner of my eye I see Mr. Stone look confusedly between Koriand'r and Komand'r, then blink, then stare at Mr. Grayson with his eyebrows raised. It takes Mr. Grayson a moment to spot where Mr. Stone's gaze has ended up, but his frantic head-shaking does put a smile on my face.

I pull Komand'r close and kiss her, for a moment wishing that my ring was of any use for anything medical. I mean, I vaguely remember from the comics that Nightstar was perfectly healthy, but I haven't bothered making the sorts of contacts I'd need to cope with medical problems. Komand'r isn't vulnerable to human diseases and is very hard to hurt. The few time's she's been injured she's either ignored it or stuck a bandage over the cut for a few days.

"Komand'r, I've found-."

"Sister!"

Komand'r flies into Koriand'r, embracing her warmly. Koriand'r doesn't appear even slightly put off by that, even though their relationship since Komand'r arrived on Earth two and a half years ago might charitably be described as 'tense'.

Komand'r is the woman I love, but even inside my head 'one-sided bitchathon' feels more honest. She never got to the stage of siccing alien bounty hunters on her again, but I don't think she's spoken a civil word to her in the entire time.

"I am so happy to see you!"

"I am so happy to see you!"

Miss Roth sighs quietly. "Now there's two of them. Great."

"I have a tiny hat for you!"

Koriand'r reaches up and puts a top hat about the size of an egg cup on Komand'r's head. Komand'r goes cross eyed trying to see it, then reaches up with both hands to feel it instead.

She gasps.

"I love it! But-. Wait. This is-."

Koriand'r nods, grins, and offers Komand'r a… Small cake dripping with green… Something or other.

A bumble bee flies close to it, folds up and crashes to the ground in a fairly typical Earth reaction to Tamaranean food.

Komand'r blinks, turns her head away and then fires a blast from her eyes which freezes a small bush in an ice crystal.

She turns my way.

"How did this happen?!"

21st October 2005
    10:23 GMT -5

"Why do you always put those things on?"

I frown inquisitively, and she rolls her eyes.

"Do you really think that because we're both humanoid you can get me pregnant? Because that's not how biology works."

"In medieval France there was a male religious order that got a group of female elementals pregnant. A being made of air and magic gave birth to a child. So yes, I think there's definitely a possibility."

She rolls her eyes harder.

"Even if that was true, that's magic and your ring just does blood." She pulls the packet out of my hand and tosses it aside. "So don't bother. I want to feel you finish this time."

"If… If you're sure..?"

21st January 2006
    11:31 GMT -5

"Yes, but I didn't think you were serious!"

"Um. I was."

Komand'r looks… Shocked and a little scared.

"Ah..?"

I float closer and put my hands on her shoulders.

"Komand'r, I love you. We are financially secure and have no living enemies. This is as good a time as any."

And just like that the moment of hesitation never happened.

"Okay. We're having a kid." Her right hand darts out, grabs the cake Koriand'r offered her and shoves it into her mouth. "Wph aw?"

"Does X'Hal do weddings?"

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
  20. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

21. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Well if two people love each other, or are drunk, or crazy or any other number of things, they have sex and a baby is made.

In the voice of God from darkmatter2525:

"Magic".

Or Trigon has a micro-penis.

'growing distant'

And I feel how Beast Boy feels.

Called it.

Sweet upjumped elementals, she has changed.

This is a new description of what Komand'r does and is.

It is also a completely accurate one.

Look on the bright side Raven.

There's one less Komand'r, at least until she gives birth.

Ahh, a native of a comic universe being ignorant of how biology works in a comic universe.

And condoms don't just serve to prevent pregnancy.

They also help prevent STD's, and seeing as Raul has been traveling through space he may have picked something that can be sexually transmitted and his ring can't get rid of it.

Foolish girl, red rings are magic.

Please answer these questions.

Have they met X'hal?

If so, how did it happen?

Or was he just asking about Tamaranean marriage ceremonies, and they haven't met X'hal?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  22. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Well, this is going to be fun.

23. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

in -> into (maybe?)

24. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    Are you suggesting that he's been sleeping around?
    No.
    N/A
    Yes.
    No, the ice crystal surrounds the bush.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  25. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Huh, when Zoat made Blaze, in comics canon a half human half demon child of the wizard Shazam a 100% biological human woman with a 100% soul made out of demonic energy, well I thought that was going to be the norm for cambions in this fic.

Being a manifestation of Zoat knowing what species are while apparently DC writers don't. Or just don't care.

So the indication that Raven is actually half demon biologically here surprises me.

26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

No, I wasn't suggesting he slept around.

I was suggesting he picked up a disease in a different way and said disease can be transmitted by sexual activity.

Like how a person can be infected with HIV from a blood transfusion, but then infect someone else by having unprotected sex with them.

Trigon isn't exactly a normal demon, so maybe that's why Raven is different.

Or hell, she may not be so different from Blaze, and is also a biological human who has demon magic for a soul.

27. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Please tell me Komand'r keeps the tiny hat and wears it into battle?

If nothing else it would serve marvelously to distract earth villains.

BBJimmy, Relyt33, Ardy and 3 others like this.
  28. Lord Ernest

Lord Ernest At the End...

First, I'm shedding a blood tear for our good friend Red Lantern, who has overcome his "always angry" phase. I wish he was like this when he encountered the others, that way the final attack/collaboration would have been between the 3 main "evil" Lantern colors and their respective enlightened wielders! And I think he's the first Paul to have a biological kid, instead of adopted in some way.

Second, are we flipping a coin on the child and their characteristics? Not that I think they would be relative to the story as a character, because it would take a long time for that, but I'm curious if how or who they are has been decided. Male, female, powers, no-powers, do they get affected by their father having a deeper connection to the Red Light?

Third, it's so interesting to think how this would affect Red Lantern and Komand'r. One is now a Senior Lantern, so he doesn't necessarily need to be the "sector Lantern", does he get an apprentice to teach the ropes in 2814? Does Atrocitus give him some leave to take care of his nascent family? Obviously he has bigger responsibilities with the Red Corps now, but we don't know much of how they operate besides being violent dispensers of justice a.k.a "We are the Red Vengeance".

Oh, and I'm curious how Komand'r will adapt to being pregnant. I don't see her taking it easy, while Red Lantern would be more worried since he can't use his ring for medical reasons and I don't think he would just take what he remembers from Nightstar as gospel that the baby would be ok without some care. It is the first hybrid of its kind in this universe. Or maybe Komand'r overcompensates and decides to dedicate herself wholeheartedly to her baby because she wants to be a great mother (specially with how her personality is right now) and continues freaking everyone out by being so mellow and happy; while in the back of her head thinking that shed will definitely train her child to be some intergalactic badass that she will found an empire or something? This is so interesting!

29. FreeGod

FreeGod If you see a God on the road fuck it!

Demons aren't exactly a different species. The are often humans that have gone through some transformations.

Cuchulin likes this.
  30. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Well, Garfield, when a man and a woman, or in this case a dimensionally-displaced formerly-soulless human and a cosmic-energy-augmented Tamaranean love each other very much... The White Light Entity goes to great lengths to bring new life into the universe!

Oh, come on. :p Garfield's family were scientists in biological fields... As if he wouldn't pick things up... Never mind what might happen to him when he takes an animal form with a female of similar species nearby.

For a second, I wanted to make a joke about them walking around nude, but that's Naturists... Ah, if only Raul could explain about the White Light Entity and its' unique effects on Earth lifeforms... But that's probably a trade secret...

...And now I'm thinking of the 'Hot Skitty on Wailord Action' trope... I mean, yes, magic, but without that, I dread to imagine the mechanics of it... Then again, I'm also reminded of the Tribeswomen of Kooshkoosh island from Gold Digger - Giant women, normal sized men, fully compatible because the ladies were.. x3 normal-sized.. downstairs...

Because now she's picturing it, and the last thing she wants to think of is her parents having <shudder> Sex.

"Now can we move on, please?" Yeah, I think Raven's had enough of the discussion of her parentage...

Ah, Kori, you delightful innocent... Who can fly through a battleship without noticing...

Cue horrified faces from all involved. Seriously, Tamaranean everything is weird enough, I don't want to hear about their reproductive processes...

Evidently so? I mean, it would kind of make sense for a race as combat-focused as Tamaraneans to have a pregnancy-induced Kindness switch-instinct-thing. If only to stop them injuring themselves or their mates during the duration. Though I suspect the males are in most danger during the delivery...

"Huh-Honey... Ribs... Cracking..." :D Yeah, I foresee that overcoming his environmental field...

Yes, Vic, We see what you're suggesting there. Unfortunately, unless Robin can get some physical augmentation, he may be in danger of a gender-flipped 'Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex' issue... :cool: Let's go with 'The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and easily bruised...' As for Komy's medical issues, perhaps the League might be willing? Or S.T.A.R Labs?

No, she was hardly misplaced. But I'm sure this will be wonderfully saccharine...

Well, this Starfire is pretty much the embodiment of 'All-loving hero', crossed with 'Scatter-brained ditz'... Of course she wouldn't hold a grudge to her sister!

o_O Oh, god... Would it be ironic to have a Violet Ring or at least a Star Sapphire gem turn up, attracted by all the loviedovieness? and then be confused as to which one to choose? :V

And here it comes... I doubt Komy has actually realised what's happening to her...

Hey, wait, this is..." :confused: Probably a way of signalling a pregnant woman to Tamaranean warriors during battles... Because what glory and honour would there be in slaying such a one? Hmm... Or maybe Pregnant Tamaraneans are far more dangerous than any normal fighter... :eek: And the hat is a warning sign!

Hey, don't laugh! :p For all we know, it has a host of essential vitamins for the mother-to-be...

...Wait, did you really not notice the freeze-vision earlier, Komy? Did you think you simply had a cold or something?

Do I really have to repeat my opening? To sum up: White Light Entity shenanigans!

Good lord, it's a good thing this is on QQ... Would this have really flown on SB or SV?

It is when Humans are involved, girl. Good lord, is the galaxy at large going to have some surprises coming when people get into space. And start boldly going.

Yes, the linked person is a real DC character. :confused: DC Earth is weird.

Well, it's your own fault, Komy. Don't claim innocence here!

"I'm always serious. And don't call me Shirley."
    "I... I didn't."
    "Good grief, this universe doesn't have the Airplane movies either? What a cultural wasteland..."

Blame the White Light Entity. The original 'Go forth and be fruitful'...

Heh... Methinks the lady is a little concerned about the situation. :rolleyes: Ah, young mothers.

'No living enemies'... Ah, Raul, you smooth talker, you always know just what to say to a Lady of War...x3

Ah, RL, I really don't think you know what you're opening yourself up for... Can you imagine the typical Tamaranean wedding? I'm picturing something like a gigantic bar-room brawl swirling around the bride and groom making calf-eyes at each other... Now scale that up for a Princess' ceremony!

Good gravy, I had such a grin on my face reading this whole chapter. Seriously, my cheeks are starting to ache. :oops: Ow... But I get the feeling Raul is going to be such a worrywart during the course of the pregnancy, even as Komy just goes with the flow. I honestly don't see her settling down at all, do you? She'll probably still leap into fights even on the eve of her due date...