1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

True, but there are certain obligations like informing the family and letting them celebrate. Which doesn't have to mean she sticks around to do so with them even if she will have to spend more time with her family in the future for the sake of her child.

ChestBurster and zeebza like this.
  2. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Assuming Tamaranean or Zamaron wedding ceremonies require family to attend.

ChestBurster and Cuchulin like this.
  3. Cuchulin

Tamaranean ones almost certainly do given how open and sharing they are when it comes to emotions.

4. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Yeah, but Komand'r still hates Kori, so unless her mood swings cause her to invite her, I don't see her honoring any Tamaranean traditions.

Seeing as she betrayed her family and people, I doubt she cares all that much about certain aspects of Tamaranean culture.

ChestBurster, zeebza and Xmaster3000 like this.
  5. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Ah, Raul. I take it you've explained about the whole meteorite thing? Still, it's interesting how diverse the appearance of different versions of various mainstays can be... You should see the LEGO DC-verse's version of Zamaron. Pink. Crystal. Ridges. Everywhere.

Not interested in having your brain punched by your Ring's database, eh? i can understand that, it's probably already a bit woozy from the earlier cockblocking...

She probably had a very different idea of things in her head. Maybe something a bit more like Ysmault, but pink and purple... I see these Zamarons aren't quite as extreme in their views on men as some versions, at least. Benefit of the universe being a kid's show, more or less...

Well, enjoy being pleasantly surprised.

I know, right? Seriously, it's a pity I can't find easily linkable pics of the LEGO DC version... Violet rocks and pink crystals... Which makes me wonder what a Paul in the LEGO DC universe might be like. Would he be a human amongst the minifigures or...?

For aesthetics? I don't know...

...This one has opinions about her race's masculine half, doesn't she?

...Okay. :oops: Just gonna back up now...

...I reserve all comment. I have no experience with this kind of thing.

He's a wiser man than most. Though even a Shonen protagonist could catch those warning signs...

...o_O What's the other? Please don't say 'encasing lovers in indestructible crystal...

Who knows, maybe they can bond over it...

...'Love hurts', huh? Knocking some sense into dunderheads who are thicker than harem anime protagonists?

...Oh god, they are going to bond...I can just see Komand'r with a Violet Ring now...

I mean... He's not the first she's fought alongside... Depending on how dark you consider their backstory to get, not the first in other places...

She sounds almost relieved that's what the lady meant...

"Just watch me, beeyatch!"

Amusing that she can feel that way, yet still not say the words 'weak' or 'vulnerable' aloud.

Double standards much, my dear Ladies?

To be fair, I don't think any of us want to know, anyway. Even if OL was probably the first to share that about himself...

She's got a point. Tamaraneans are anything but subtle in emotional displays, whatever that emotion be.

Dang, Raul. You sweet talker, you. Looks like she was definitely good for him.

"If we weren't in public, I would be ripping that armour off you..."

Wait... Did they just...

Huh. Well, talk about your quick versions. Not quite "Do you? Do you? Good, you're married! Kiss her!" but it works.

To be fair, if people come to Zamaron to seal the deal, they're probably in a hurry, or looking for a big show, so...

Nice. The best kind of mental link. One that reinforces positive bonds.

...Seriously, Raul? You didn't explain the Meteorite thing?

And so Raul gets to be the first alternate Paul married on screen (though Lord Protector probably got there offscreen.) Doing the Tamaranean version for the sake of her family is probably unlikely, though. Wonder how Atrocitus and the other senior Reds will take the news. "It's about damn time, boy." Or something like that, I bet. Yes, I do think Atrocitus would be Rage-Enlightened. Who better to understand his own anger in all its' facets?

Guessing she was saying 'Vulnerable' here, so 'Vuln-.' probably fits better.

6. Cuchulin

She is changing and Raul might very well insist on it. Also some times it not about caring or not caring as being unable to conceive of not doing it because that's just how your people/family do things. Lastly she'll need someone to baby sit her child while she goes off to beat the $h!t out of people or brutally murders them.

ChestBurster and Prince Charon like this.
  7. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

Love the Rage and Rage the Love.

8. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I also think he mentioned in a previous chapter that he lacked a database.

And they're not positive.

Good man.

Well she loves Raul and is crazy, so I can see her being a crazy stalker-like Violet Lantern.

She's a sexist.

Don't expect much.

zeebza, Ngamer11 and Chojin Patriarch like this.
  9. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

She also seemed to be getting more control over her mood swings so those may not influence her so much now, and Raul may also not even think to have her invite her family members to the ceremony.

His relationship with the Titans seemed to be fairly tense before he was enlightened.

Also he may drop it even if he did ask her to since it may upset her and he probably doesn't want to do that.

Again, she hates most people so even if she thought of doing it, she may quickly decide not to.

I'm also betting Tamaraneans view family loyalty as being a big thing and that didn't stop Komand'r from betraying her family.

She can have someone else do it for her, like that big Tamaranean guy that had a hand in raising her and Kori.

Kori would probably be a great babysitter and influence for the kid, but Komand'r may not want her anywhere near the kid.

Why would you want your kid to be around someone you hate?

zeebza, Ngamer11 and Cuchulin like this.
  10. w34v3r

w34v3r Versed in the lewd.

Also that does diddly for triggered or passive abilities, and what part of Ultrahumanite's powers were suppressed? They still had the body of a gorilla.

Hell techies and super operatives shouldn't be kept around other people, and neither should mages.

I think you're joking but that may actually be a thing with Tamaraneans.

11. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

12. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

I really hope we get a full volume about the wedding.... Because there's no way it doesn't get Super Villained.

13. WereDragon

WereDragon Bookwyrm

Sounds like they would get more funerals than marriages out of that.
    Unless they are very good at tailoring ‘epic’ to the individual and fairly broad in their definition of ‘quest’. I suppose there must be quite a lot of Master In-Piles in the galaxy.

Cuchulin likes this.
  14. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Or they take the whole 'love conquers all' thing extremely seriously.

And, yeah, I can see them doing it.

15. Mr Zoat

You want to get married by the Zamarons? Earn it.
    What is a Master In-Pile?

16. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

The Guardians didn't originally look like that, that look is the result of getting too much green energy while focusing on duty and nothing else. Add the fact they basically decided to block their emotions and is no wonder they got dumped.

Prince Charon and Cuchulin like this.
  17. Pez

Pez Spaceman

This was cute. I wonder what the little rage baby will look like.

Is there a version of Paul out there that ended up wooing Diana? Seems unlikely, but a guy can dream.

Cuchulin likes this.
  18. Mr Zoat

Technically...

c3qo, Ngamer11, erebus1994 and 9 others like this.
  19. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

20. Mr Zoat

21. Finagle007

Finagle007 [Verified Great Old One]

Other than the utterly vile moron who thought drinking Dr. Jekyll's serum was a good idea.

22. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Don't forget a Nazi organization of artificial vampires, as well as a werewolf and, oddly enough, a cyborg.

I think Zoat mentioned that Goldie, formerly known as Anti Green Lantern Paul, may get together with Diana and princess Audrey.

Though I'm not a 100% sure.

23. WereDragon

WereDragon Bookwyrm

…I know I shouldn’t be surprised that you don’t have an encyclopedic knowledge of all drawn media but somehow it always comes as a shock.

The Master In-Pile is from Futurama. The bureaucrat Hermes, due to shenanigans, has to sort and file a multi-story pile of incoming mail in four minutes.

Cuchulin and Ardy like this.
  24. Mr Zoat

Ah, the bureaucrat song! Now I remember!
    It's more a confusing mess where no party involved could work out who the other parties were actually interested in.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  25. Pez

Pez Spaceman

Yes, I was referring to one that didn't have to resort to brain rewiring. I'm not overly informed on Diana's various incarnations and her romantic tastes, and completely ignoring all the old weekly bondage romp and the Steve Trevor that kept her in her Lasso to try and force her to marry him, and outside of her Themysciran romances, there's been the solider Steve Trevor, Batman, and Superman. She's a warrior, but Zoat's version has her being more a paragon of Justice than anything (to me, at least). I don't think Paul is her type, but who knows? Maybe he found a Diana that isn't like our Paul's, and their boning right now.

Infitie Pauls, so... there has to be at least one, right?

Cuchulin likes this.
  26. Mr Zoat

I while ago I said that Alric was from the Celestial College. I got confused between two pieces of fiction in Battle Magic. He is in fact from the Light College.

27. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

No one in Belle Reve can use their powers no matter what their origin, including physiology.

Neither Blockbuster, Brick, nor actual gorillas are allowed to be stronger than humans.

Hence my theory that it blocks the electrical signals to use abilities, have you not been paying attention to this conversation?

Xmaster3000 and Cuchulin like this.
  28. Cuchulin

Rather than simply block them, since a Gorilla's strength is just normal biology/muscles, it inhibits them by blocking or weakening the signals sent by the brain that lets them use their powers.

29. Pez

Pez Spaceman

I don't think there's an actual scientific explanation for the collars, other than "schizo tech that makes no sense".

From the wiki:
    This makes sense. When M'gann and Superboy went undercover, M'gann still had her Martian abilities, because the collar was programmed to block Tuppance's super strength only. Since Superboy's was for Tommy, it could block his.

How a collar could possibly block super intelligence is beyond me, especially when it's from a non-human brain. I mean, if you put one on Lex Luthor, would it make him dumber, so he's like the rest of us schlubs? Would a collar work on Superman? Evidence suggests that it would, since it works on Superboy. Would it work on a transformed Captain Marvel? Or Wonder Woman? Probably not, since their powers are diving in nature.

These collars are such broken BS tech. Seriously, Batman doesn't need complex plans to disable his fellow Leaguers (Tower of Babe?). He just needs a bunch of collars, and a way to get them on people. Same for the bad guys. We see them use these in later episodes, but not very effectively.

30. Assblaster5000

Assblaster5000 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Ah, so they work off of the power of Plot then, just as all true schizo tech should.

Prince Charon and Cuchulin like this.