1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

The entity is us. We make these characters dance for our sick pleasure. You want them to murder us?!

This is a joke, don't know what the fuck the entity is in DoD. Besides people hanging on hooks.

2. Raven1138

Raven1138 Experienced.

With today being the 35th anniversary of Dragon Quest, Square-Enix just dropped a livestream of the series future. Six new titles are in the works,
    including version 6.0 of DQ 10 Online (Japan Only) an offline mode for the same (no word of an international release), a mobile game, and three confirmed for simultaneous worldwide release. A spin off title Dragon Quest Treasure with Erik from DQ 11, a HD-2d Remake of Dragon Quest 3 and the reveal of Dragon Quest XII: The Flames of Fate.

Rakdos92 likes this.
  3. Melmar

Melmar Should probly stop sayin' words

Finally stopped procrastinating and beat Phantasy Star Online 2. Overall, I'm happy with how it turned out. It was some anime ass anime but, it's a pretty good story overall.

Last edited: May 31, 2021
  4. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Great job. Hope you enjoyed that final boss.

I guess you'll be joining in for NGS?

5. Melmar

Melmar Should probly stop sayin' words

I did and I most likely will. Did you catch the beta or hear from anyone that did?

6. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Nah, I wouldn't have been able to dedicate the time for it.

You may want to ask the thread on SB. I recall saying Harouki played straight up 8 hours and said going back to base game felt 'slow'.

Melmar likes this.
  7. AllyDoodle

AllyDoodle Lewd Cthulhu

I've heard that DQ11 is going to be a bit more mature compared to the other games. I wonder if that means they will be going into more darker themes.

On the other hand, I wonder if that means they will be bringing back some of the more... daring costumes for the female characters.

8. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

...I am suddenly in need of a meme. The two buttons choice and the sweaty guy.

[The writing is fantastic, but the girls are all censored to hell] vs. [The girls are wearing glorified lingerie and bikinis, but the writing is a done by angsty teenagers]

mizerie and Smuthunter like this.
  9. AllyDoodle

AllyDoodle Lewd Cthulhu

Some of the older costumes where pretty skimpy, but not overly so.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  10. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

[​IMG]

And it's official. One week now!

Derek58 and evildice like this.
  11. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

They were unable to release version 6.9 on April 20th?

What a lost opportunity.

12. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Nintendo just posted their E3 schedule. The Direct is happening June 15 at 9 AM Pacific time. It'll be 40 minutes of Switch software followed by a 3 hour Treehouse Live presentation.

Place your bets folks, what new games are we getting this year?

Derek58 likes this.
  13. TheOtherSandman

TheOtherSandman Well worn.

So back last year this trailer was released:

There's basically no info about the game beyond the trailer and a couple of barebones character bios on the game site. And looks to be some blunt-force trauma shmaltz involving things that touch a little too close to Rule 8 for me to get into here.

This did not stop several /v/ madlads from going "fuck it" and making their own romance VN of it, and it's pretty damn good. There are some bits that are hit and miss, but overall a recommend. > https://snootgame.xyz/ <

Four different endings, and it feels like the makers definitely put some thought into how you get to them and why.

And it has caused the creators of the source game to get so salty that any mention of it earns you an instant auto-ban in their forums/discord. Which amuses me.

14. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

I recommend it for the cameo of Caveman from Primal alone.

GaRbS, UnthinkingWisdom and vyor like this.
  15. Renko

Renko Look closer ~☆

LMAO!

Thanks for bringing this up!

https://cavemanon.itch.io/snoot-game

For some reason, I can't find anything much about it from other sites besides 4chan...

Hmmm.

:V

GaRbS, UnthinkingWisdom and Rakdos92 like this.
  16. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

For those that missed it, PSO2 entered maintenance yesterday to finally ready itself to open New Genesis.

One more day now.

17. Lord Invictus

Lord Invictus Impropérium nulla oblivione eris Gone for Good

So Mass Effect question, when you side with the Geth over Tali-she just stands there passively and then commits suicide

When you side with the quarians Legion tries to kill you.

Why is there no shoot Tali three times and throw her off the cliff scene?

She could jump Legion and prevent the upload or try to stab Shepard, you then get a renegade cutscene of Shepard dodging the blow and drawing his cut scene pistol and shooting her off the cliff or forcing her knife into her chest.

I don’t get why the writing didn’t do this?

I mean, I’m not criticizing the actual scene-it’s super poignant and beautifully executed(except for the voice acting being a little too soft?) it’s just odd to me that Tali doesn’t try to violently intervene when you side against her people, whereas Legion and Wrex-the game forces you(or gives you the opportunity) to pump them full of bullets in cut scenes, because they don’t just passively accept it(that is Shepard/the player dooming them).

Was it because actually killing Tali would be too much or because it would make Tali mancers mad or something?

18. ShogunTrooper

ShogunTrooper Launching Bees out of a Trebuchet

I kinda get the feeling you don't like Tali. Is there anything in the story that would warrant such an aggressive response by Shepard, to "Shoot her three times and toss her off the cliff" as you said?

Also, Tali knows what Shepard is capable of, witnessed the Quarian Fleet getting mulched in orbit long before the Normandy arrived, and someone she considered a very close friend just betrayed her, and her entire species, to a group that was their enemy most of the time.

I doubt she had the presence of mind to actually do anything, because that is one hell of a stab in the back. If Legion continues the upload, and Shepard wants to stop him, Tali can react and draw her knife because she was always suspicious of him, because he's a Geth, the enemy. If Shepard, an individual Tali trusts and respects, just goes "Sorry, hands are tied, your people have to die." that is a shock that would paralyze quite a few people into inaction because it would be so unexpected.

19. Lord Invictus

Not dislike, so much as the inconsistency. ME3 Renegade interrupts usually involve bullets. (Or in Samara's case not hitting the paragon interrupt). I get your point about paralysis, though it seems almost unfair to Tali that she wouldn't intervene, you might criticize this on grounds of a female character being passive and not acting with agency. (Not that I'd indulge that argument but it could be made).

As for my thoughts on Tali-I like to make peace honestly, but if not, I'm going to choose the Geth over the Quarians, who initiated the whole war, and Tali herself along with the Quarian Admiralty struck me as seemingly indifferent to the ongoing galactic apocalypse, choosing to pursue their reconquista instead-which just infuriated me playing through ME3. (Also its so strangely satisfying watching the Quarians get annihilated, Gerrel goes down like Captain Ahab, and seeing the Geth pulverize them to rubble just hits the spot for me, I dunno why?)

Tali herself is fine, she's gentle, flirty, has a fairly nice singing voice, and likes shotguns. I'm not too big on the character. "Shooting her three times and throwing her off the cliff"-just seems to strike me for the crazy ruthless dude that Shepard is in ME3 if you play more Renegade.

So the question was why not have such an option? Is it too over the top? Would it be too upsetting to Tali fans? (Given if you choose the Quarians, you execute Legion at point blank range shooting him three times). Why does Tali not intervene or try to get revenge, when Legion and Wrex-both characters you can also betray take conscious action against Shepard.

Tali doesn't. Its just odd to me. Having her throw herself at Shepard knife in hand, as the Raya descends burning, or drawing a pistol only for shepard to blast open her helmet and throw her over the cliff seems to fit the choice more. More cold, more ruthless, though perhaps not entirely consonant with the fleet's destruction.

If I had done the scene, I'd have had Tali try to intervene halfway through the upload, Shepard dodges her, and either drives the knife back into her chest, or somersaults around-pump her full of bullets and tosses her off.

That would be a superior scene. At least to me.

20. ShogunTrooper

That depends on your point of view. During the Morning War, the Geth seemed to have a massive advantage, ending it within a single year, and literally exterminated over 99 percent of the entire Quarian Species ("Less than 1% of the entire population" - According to Mass Effect Revelations), the vast majority of which I highly doubt were combatants. Never once trying for a truce, never once trying to negotiate (if they did, Legion wouldn't hesitate to mention that, as it would help his cause), even though they had the advantage throughout.

These aren't exactly the actions of someone that can claim moral high ground, because defeating an enemy and making them submit is one thing, literally stopping just short of making them completely extinct, and driving them off multiple planets under a year, is a whole other level. That's something many of the "Oh, these poor, poor Geth" people seem to ignore.

I think it's the exact opposite. They knew the end was coming, and since they had nothing to lose anyway they might as well try to get their homeworld back.
    Also, apparently they were already preparing for the reconquest of Rannoch shortly before the Reapers were made public knowledge, with them not giving up once the Reapers came because they were already committed, pressing on because if they lose they are all gonna be dead anyway, but if they win against one option they at least got their homeworld back (which, if you paid any attention, you know is a big fucking deal for them, invoking it in their greetings, as an expletive, and so forth).

I think you are putting too much blame on the Tali Fans here, though you are on the right track, as she is one of the most popular Squadmates which likely made such an execution unattractive from a writing standpoint.

Like, imagine if there had been a Mission in ME3 that forces you to choose between Ka'hairal Balak and Garrus, because of a war between the Batarians and Turians, and the Renegade option makes you blow Garrus' head off because he protests your choice. That would cause quite the ruckus among the fans. Tali is in a similar place, since she was around since the original game.

Legion? Well, he's a cold, calculating machine. He literally isn't capable of suffering the same shock as Tali would, so Shepard's refusal would make them his enemy. And since he's a Geth that just demonstrated his strength, shooting him three times would have been to ensure he doesn't get back up.
    And Wrex? He attacks Shepard a good while after Tuchanka. He didn't come for Shepard immediately.

And Revenge? How exactly? She was shocked by Shepard's betrayal, likely paralyzing her. And there is no way for her to do as Wrex did, because the Normandy is the only organic ship leaving that planet.

I think Shepard going John Wick on Tali wouldn't really fit the scene. It's supposed to be tragic, with you being forced to pick sides rather than mend the divide, not an action flick where you wordlessly blow the head off someone that's just desperate and, if dialogue, even as a Renegade, is any indication considers Shepard a friend, and just shrug it off. That would just be too over the top.
    The three shots to Legion's head, even if he had just attacked Shepard, were a bit much too in my opinion, and doesn't really fit the tone.

Berserk869 and Velk like this.
  21. Lord Invictus

22. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

I can forgive the three shots to Legion by simple virtue of the fact that, as a machine, Legion isn't exactly easy to put down.

23. Lord Invictus

Tali stabs him and he’s on his knees. It’s done execution style. He’s completely defenseless.

24. ShogunTrooper

Uh, your quoting is a bit messy.

25. Lord Invictus

On my phone, sorry about that.

The quote button is an absolute pain to use with your fingers.

Let me see if I can fix it.

26. heralding_bubble

heralding_bubble Liar and Hypocrite

And thus I was reminded of Katawa Shoujo.
    I'll try to remember to check this out when I get home, thanks.

27. Lord Invictus

Okay so 12 hour nap over.

I was referring to the war in ME3. Not the morning war. Which the quarians entirely initiated and forced the Geth into siding with the reapers-something that Legion says was a difficult choice to make, either that or destruction.

Regarding the Morning war-it seems to me the quarians realized too late they had goofed and their efforts to solve the problem just further spiraled. You’ll note one of the quarians in the logs says “we need the Geth”-presumably because they were everywhere as labor and integrated into the quarian economy and society-someone described it as waging war on their infrastructure. What happened was tragic, terrible, awful. It wouldn’t have happened if the quarians had not you know-done exactly what the leviathan said organics do-create machines to make their lives easier. Machines that continued to improve and surpass their creators.

The morning war is a sterling example of what the Catalyst is trying to solve via the harvests.

It doesn’t matter though if they get their homeworld back and the reapers win. Sure they can park the civilian population on it and then maybe contribute-but the war with the Geth at the time it was initiated was a waste of time, resources and lives.

Legion states “we will not allow you to decide our fate”-and is desperately pleading for Shepard not to choose the quarians. So he does act with emotion. Wrex throws himself at Shepard to get revenge and because well the Krogan are going extinct so let’s get one last punch in. He’s not acting rationally, he’s broken and filled with rage and despair. Suicidal nihilism. Tali throwing herself at Shepard would have same motivation, “I don’t care anymore, I want him dead”.

The passivity though-I think gets me more. She sees Legion uploading the code, Shepard says “I’m sorry”-and she just stands there. Yes she’s probably stunned but she doesn’t try to at least jump legion, tackle him? She doesn't draw her pistol and get one shot off at Shepard? Even a perfunctory one?

Killing Tali in self defense-or to save Legion, would be tragic though. It wouldn’t be something Shepard does casually. If Tali tries to tackle Legion or draws a pistol behind Shepard’s back-and the player is forced to hit renegade interrupts to disarm and kill her-that would sell the gravity of what Shepard is doing. That’s he’s betraying someone and that someone is making a desperate effort to either save their people or getting revenge after their ashes. As opposed to Shepard trying to save tali when she jumps-even if he grabs her successfully, why on earth would she cooperate? He just got her people wiped out.

I guess what gets me about the scene is Tali stands there, shocked and nearly speechless, she doesn't try to intervene, or make some final attempt at revenge. Even a unsteady shot that misses wildly or a wild knife attack that results in Shepard having to stab her, as she just won't stop.

28. Amazon Climber

Amazon Climber Wholesomely Depraved

Because her emotional response was despair rather than rage.

29. Lord Invictus

The emotions aren’t mutually exclusive.

30. Amazon Climber

Amazon Climber Wholesomely Depraved

They aren’t mutually inclusive, either. In her case, we’re talking total hopeless despair; she gave up on everything, including fighting, because nothing mattered anymore.