1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. heralding_bubble

heralding_bubble Liar and Hypocrite

Come on Google...

Bacon_commando, vyor and Derek58 like this.
  2. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

New Timesplitters!

[​IMG]

(also on the list of "series I never played and literally don't have the time to get into")

3. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

So, I was checking EGS, and one of the 'Newspaper' comics gave me a funny thought.

I'm with Dan on this one- romance options in most games make me feel super awkward- though I also agree that all romance options should be PC-sexual. The awkward is worse if the romance scenes themselves are cringy, which is frequent. It's less bad in games where you play as a defined character rather than a blank slate.

But there is one exception to this- Persona. 3, 4, and 5, I'll dive right in to my chosen romance option, no shame. And I found that a bit weird. Maybe it's because the depth of your interaction with them makes them feel more real? The slice of life tone as opposed to the full adventure setting of the other games? I dunno.

How about everyone else? Shameless romance, or avoid like the plague?

4. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

I remember the randomly rolled "romance" scenes in Baldur's Gate 2 had some hilariously bad timing.

Like bitch, we're sneaking through a quiet dungeon right now, could you and the other bitch wait to fight over my dick until we're back in town or something?

The hilariously bad timing didn't help the mediocre "romance" writing.

Oh, and of course all the girls were either elves or half-elves, and then a decade later another girl gets added and of course she's also part elf.

Velk, Rakdos92 and Anonnermus like this.
  5. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

Derek58 likes this.
  6. Bear_Mint

Bear_Mint The LewdBringer. The Breast Observer.

Ah, I guess we should sue for false advertising because the name is actually 'Datas Gone'.

vyor, Melmar and Malcolmo like this.
  7. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

I don't know if this falls more under Story Bitching or Video Games General, but I need to complain about the fandom of Friday Night Funking for a bit. First some context: FNF is a keyboard-based rhytm game where you control a bluehaired dude called Boyfriend. He wants to do the thing with the creatively named Girlfriend. Her dad does not approve and thus challenges him to a karaoke duel. What follows are weeks of weirdos, strangers, and freaks trying to have a go at Boy- and Girlfriend. Now the actual stuff: The game has a rather healthy modding-community with many liked mods like Whitty or VS Tricky. One of these mods is Carol, a female figure whose character is basically "Best friend of Girlfriend". People liked her design, and then someone joked about BFxCarol. A mod was made, and boy, the fandom was mad.

Check the comments out, and you will learn that apparently the coders of that mod got death-threats and everything for having fun with the core idea of FNF. Shipping wars strike once again. This is why we can't have nice things.

And yes, I do ship BF x Carol, but that's because it can indulge my fetishes of /bleached/ and cuckquean.

UnthinkingWisdom and vyor like this.
  8. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well worn.

Back when I was in high school I desperately wanted a PS3 Timesplitters that had two gun accessories for some arcade-style Timesplitters at home. Sadly at the time I was poor (as a HS student is), and didn't have any sort of allowance or part-time job. And by the time I could perhaps afford the original asking price, it was sold out and the prices on ebay were obscene.

9. evildice

Paradox games are on sale this weekend.

I personally bought this collection for Cities: Skylines during one of their previous sales and I am enjoying the game.

10. heralding_bubble

heralding_bubble Liar and Hypocrite

11. evildice

Good review.

And yeah, I keep going back to the infinite dungeon / roguelike mode because the action is fast and testing small party builds is fun. Excellent value in that DLC.

12. DestyNova

DestyNova Getting sticky.

Second boss lair in RE8...

Just, just.....

If only the rest of the game rose to the occasion like that level did.

13. ZiPeppe

ZiPeppe (⌐■_■)

Speaking of lairs, would you (any of you really) live in that place or houses like the spencer mansion? Obviously not limited to the Resident Evil franchise and without the connected creepy crawlies of any kind.

EDIT: Fixed up too if damaged.

14. Lykaia

Lykaia Well worn.

It depends on how much it'd cost. The heating bills alone would be killer nevermind the property taxes on it.

15. ZiPeppe

ZiPeppe (⌐■_■)

Assume them affordable regardless of income.

16. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

I'm pretty sure the spencer mansion needs to be completely rebuilt seeing how the thing got blown to bits. Ignoring the issues heating the place, I can't really see myself living there because the place is so damn big. I'm one dude and that's the sort if mansion that requires a staff of people just to keep it clean and cleared up. Also it's in the middle of a forest which just ups the cost of getting things delivered to it. I don't mind the mansion itself (other then perhaps the caves) but there's no real way I'd want to live in a house that big because I can't use that much space and it'd just collect dust barring the parts of it I would use.

17. Melmar

Melmar Should probly stop sayin' words

Also with Resident Evil real estate you need like, five different keys, a few gemstones, and to solve a box pushing puzzle just to get into your pantry. It's a hassle and no one wants to dodge spikes just to get a can of ravioli. :V

18. Knightfall

Knightfall Nui Harime lover, Cynic, and Archivist

Never mind the bathroom keys.

19. DestyNova

Plus if I fall and break a leg after climbing down the retractable ladder to the second floor, I am screwed due to the location.

Deathwings, Malcolmo and Knightfall like this.
  20. ZiPeppe

ZiPeppe (⌐■_■)

What about the Beneviento house from Resident Evil Village then?
    But it would be hilarious to see would be thieves trying to deal with that :V.

Anonnermus likes this.
  21. Anonnermus

Anonnermus UnDedicated Lurker

The sheer schadenfreude of watching everyone else deal with that nonsense is almost enough to get me to want to live there :V

vyor likes this.
  22. Rexis12

Rexis12 Experienced.

Man...

Corruption of Champion 2 is fucking me UP.

I didn't think it was interesting at first, but shit it does things to me.

I love how you can just knock up like random encounters.

UnthinkingWisdom and Rakdos92 like this.
  23. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

Corruption of Champions has a sequel?

24. Evillevi

Evillevi Shadow Pika!

Yes

UnthinkingWisdom and Rexis12 like this.
  25. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

"Unavailable in my region".
    Fucking germany and its retarded laws regarding games.

vyor, Vagrant and UnthinkingWisdom like this.
  26. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

That's cool, but my point stands. The crusty bastards in the german regime seem to think that adult are incapable of seeing sex and gore without triggering a murder-rape-kill response stored deep in the subconciousnes of any german.

Velk, vyor and Vagrant like this.
  27. Raven1138

Raven1138 Experienced.

As announced earlier this year, Dead By Daylight is getting a new Resident Evil chapter. In it will be a new map: the RCPD Station from RE2, Leon and Jill as new survivors and The Nemesis as the newest killer. The chapter will go on sale June 15th as part of Resident Evil's 25th anniversary.

Vagrant likes this.
  28. DestyNova

IMO, the problem with DoD is that they are bringing in characters that should be fully capable of beating the Killers until they cry.

Ash? Beats Hillbilly with a stick and steals his chainsaw
    Bill from L4D took on FOUR TANKS! Making Freddy cry would be nothing
    Leon and Kill would trash The Entity by making all the generators explode in it's face.

29. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

Maybe these non-oc characters are actually golems, contructed by the Entity or whatever it was called to give the survivors more hope to leech off.

vyor likes this.
  30. DestyNova

When DoD finally finishes it's run and things wind down, there should be a big final endgame scenario where the survivors/killers turn on the Entity and attempt to overthrow/kill it. Big battle royal. Survivors win, they can go home. Killers win, they can either take over the job or go back to earth with no opposition.