1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I think you need to come to some kind of emotional or philosophical realization that allows you to see how you've sinned and can then go on to Heaven.

However the constant torture makes thinking difficult.

2. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Yes, because Hell in DC isn't eternal.

Also she likely wasn't actually in Hell given it usually takes a lot more then that to end up there.

ArKFallen likes this.
  3. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

LAND OF THE FREE, BITCHES!
    [​IMG]

4. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Oh right... In this circumstance every very time Gloria has sex for Linda it's basically like she's being raped...

Yea... That's... Probably a lot worse then what would have been done to her in Hell if she actually ended up there...

Otto von Saurion likes this.
  5. AmericanNumbers

AmericanNumbers Not too sore, are you?

Friendship is necromancy and using a soul as tattoo ink?

Interesting that Constantine is showing up now to work for Grayven.

6. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

He's done so before, mostly for consultation or helping the magic school that Circe runs.

7. AidanMorgan

AidanMorgan Essentially Overworked

Fuck. Here I was thinking that at least Renegade was behaving somewhat normally and then this happens xD

Oh well. We'll always have Common Sense Paul.

8. CTrees

CTrees Chasing the ring

I don't know what state they're in, but if it's New York or California, it probably was illegal. Prior to 2018, it looks like eating dog or cat was legal in 44 US states. Slaughtering them at a commercial slaughterhouse was not, and selling the meat was a mixed bag, but home preparation and consumption? Totally legal. Harder to find trustworthy answers on this than you'd think.

9. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Wait wait, I forgot who was Linda Danvers?

10. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

She's a teenage girl that dated a demon named Buzz.

In the comics she was merged with some plasma entity an alternate version of Luthor made and became a version of Supergirl.

In this story, or at least in the Paragon side, something similar happened, but instead of a plasma entity Buzz used magic to merge a fallen Angel with Linda.

Eventually the memories of the Angel, Noriel, overwhelmed her, so she's either now gone and Noriels personality is the one calling the shots, or they've somehow merged.

You already know what happened to her renegade side.

11. Mr Zoat

Gloria lives in Britain, so...

12. Karnven

Karnven Know what you're doing yet?

Ugh, I hate how I used to like Renegade butbit turnes to shit for me with the further inclusion of MLP. Just soured the whole thing.

Lord Ernest, CTrees and Prince Charon like this.
  13. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Same. I mean, I can enjoy it when it isn't too blatant, but that's not every time.

Lord Ernest and CTrees like this.
  14. CTrees

CTrees Chasing the ring

Ah, the chapter mentioning the FBI threw me off. I didn't consider the internationality of this possession facilitation.

Otto von Saurion likes this.
  15. Senevri

Senevri Not too sore, are you?

Huh. Gray&Arty did a sort of a Rex&M. G Thing, come to think of it.

16. Mr Zoat

Who?

17. Assblaster5000

Assblaster5000 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Same for us in Canada.

18. Mr Zoat

Guess you shouldn't have pulled down the Queen's statue, then.

19. Assblaster5000

Oi, I might be colonial slime, but I'll have you know that I'm rather fond of Her Majesty The Queen.

Spiff demands it.

Edit:I just did a quick search as well, and it seems like the copyright claim might be total BS from a company that's doing it "On behalf of the rightful owner", so it might just be shot copyright law in Australia and Canada causing it =/.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
  20. Hell's Razer

Hell's Razer Passive Member

And other parts of Europe.

Cuchulin likes this.
  21. Threadmarks: Veganism (part 1)
    Mr Zoat

Veganism

1st September 2012
    14:01 GMT

I smile as the Justice League taskforce walk or fly through the boom tube. There were a… Wide variety of places where we could have done this, but after some consideration I decided that the Orange Lantern Corps headquarters was the best place for it. Few things say 'I'm powerful and on my home turf' like having one of two Central Power Batteries in the universe standing in the background.

Scott and Barda are joining in, naturally. The League trust Scott to discover if the people in my domain are 'unfree' as Bruce just doesn't have the required knowledge on alien societies and J'onn knows perfectly well that Lynne could make him think that Apokolips was a liberal democracy. Which is probably why they've both gone to Rashashoon instead.

Just because hush tubes are difficult to detect doesn't mean I can't detect you.

Kal-El's here as well, because we're going to need his muscle. And because the League are quite rightly confident that he could take me in a fight. Me or.. other me, I suppose. Arnus is here to check our legal systems and enforcement processes. Oliver is here because he's trying to keep tabs on Artemis. In a… Concerned family friend sort of way, not in a 'she's a threat to the universe' sort of way.

Though I suppose that when we were in the far future, Earth was the universe. Darn, I had an opportunity to kill everyone in the universe and feel somewhat morally justified and I didn't take it. I could literally have been the last man in the universe.

And there wouldn't have been any sheep.

And Adam Blake -looking far healthier than he was last time he was here- is joining in because he genuinely likes the place and harbours me no ill feeling. Which is somewhat weird, but… Actually nice. Someone who's actually experienced the universe thinks that what I've done-. What I've admitted doing, is at least justifiable if not actually good. His telepathy hasn't really recovered from what the First did to him, but his telekinesis is stronger than ever. Cranius does good work, when he maintains his focus.

And Komand'r has flown forward to greet him personally because apparently standing in line isn't really a Tamaranean thing, and with me abandoning her for Luna and Duke Oswin preferring his own species she's a bit stuck for suitably armigerous men. A hero from Tamaran's doomed fight with the Citadel now rejuvenated with the help of the Un-Men might be just what Tamaranean politics wants.

Dinah's here for Artemis as well. And Patrick heard about the 'orange swimsuit model' thing and decided to tag along. I don't know how useful he'll be. I mean, it's hard to test how resilient someone is without honestly trying to kill them, I know that he's not… All that strong, his shapeshifting is somewhat irrelevant against people with advanced sensors or… Well, spaceships. Still, more Leaguers forming social bonds with Tamaraneans can only work in my favour.

Next to me, Weaponer Lysis studies each of them with interest.

"Is that one some sort of synthetic life form?"

I smile proudly.

"You never visited Earth, did you?"

"I hardly see what that has to do with anything."

"He's human. His body is made of some sort of ultra flexible-"

"Hey Comet, when do the rest of us get an orange bikini babe?"

"-ultra stretchy material now, but he started as organically human."

Komand'r uncoils herself from Adam a little.

"I have a sister, if you so desire?"

Which is an insult to Koriand'r, as Patrick has no particular status here and would drag her slightly down. And an insult to Patrick, as Komand'r knows that and is doing it deliberately. And they'd be horribly mismatched anyway, though I know from personal experience that Koriand'r would be up for letting him experiment with his abilities. And she'd experiment right back with her ring, so maybe I should nudge him in a different direction.

"Welcome to Tamaran!" I walk forwards, raising my right hand in greeting. "Thank you all for coming."

Kal-El nods. "I'm looking forward to having a look at what you've built here."

"Personally? Very little. Virtually all of the rebuilding has been done by the Tamaraneans themselves. I create opportunities for rebuilding." I half-turn. "This is Weaponer Diataria Lysis. She's been invaluable in bringing our fleet up to scratch."

I notice Kal-El giving her a very quick once-over with his expanded visual range. He's never dealt with any Qwardians himself, but I'm sure that he's been fully briefed on their activities. Then again, he's not going to stoop to species prejudice, no matter how warranted.

"My Clarissi, Vril Dox the Second." I gesture to Komand'r. "Princess Komand'r of Tamaran. And Sub-Commander Karsta Wor-Ul."

Who's giving the impression that Kal-El is an unusually incompetent recruit at her boot camp. They've never actually-.

"You're kryptonian?"

"You're Seyg-El's grandson. I didn't like him either."

He's smiling hopefully. "What are you doing here?"

We decided not to tell Superman about the cloning, because the absolute last thing I want is the Justice League hanging around here long-term. On the other hand, lying isn't an option because Diana's right there.

"He needs someone to control the Doomsday."

"That sounds ominous. What is it?"

I make a show of looking mildly awkward, in the hope that it will reassure them to catch me out on a few things.

"You remember when the team got sent to investigate some excavation work Lex Luthor was carrying out in Texas?"

He clearly doesn't, but Diana nods.

"Turns out that when the Science Council ordered the Kryptonian Stellar Navy scuttled, Admiral Dru-Zod instead sent his flagship to some arse-end planet in the middle of nowhere. Earth, in other words. And since there wasn't much happening in Texas at the time, it buried itself there."

Kal-El's face stills.

"You're saying Lex Luthor has a kryptonian warship."

"No, I have a kryptonian warship because Lex Luthor works for me. It's in orbit now if you want to take a look."

"Why didn't you tell me about that sooner? Even if you wanted to keep it, that's a part of my history-."

Karsta's eyes narrow.

"Your history is being part of the family that ordered the fleet destroyed. Your history is your grandfather, great uncles and aunts and the rest of your house scuttling the fleet that could have saved our species when the planet fell apart. You've never even been to Krypton. You never saw Kryptonian society when it still existed. It's not a part of your history at all. I'm only letting you see my ship because Grayven asked me to."

"My family?" He frowns. "What are you talking about?"

Right, because Jor-El almost certainly didn't include that information on the data he sent Kal-El to Earth with.

"House El? The entire Science Council? The isolationist fools who-."

BOOM!

Huh? That's not-.

Kara shoots out of the tube opening and halts just in front of her cousin.

"Kal?"

"Yes? Who-?"

She wasn't supposed to put in an appearance just yet, but best foot forward.

"This is Kara Zor-El. Your cousin."

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  22. Assblaster5000

Komand'r.

23. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Well there's also the Indigo one and whatever Sinestro is potentially doing.

You did save his life and killed his tormentors.

Maybe 'feelings'

Maybe 'Un-men'

There is also Dox, who she got together with in the comics and is serving as Tamarans Prime Minister.

This is Komand'r, she's the Bitch Queen Supreme.

She'll never stop insulting her sister.

'And she'd'

And in this case it's very warranted.

'Your history'

24. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

Should be ‘Komand’r’.

ChestBurster and moralrelativity like this.
  25. Z3r0Sama

Z3r0Sama Not too sore, are you?

Superman might be all but invincible but even he has to feel these hammer blows lol.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
  26. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    No.
    Thank you, corrected.

27. yingyang590

yingyang590 Getting out there.

Messing with Superman never gets old does it?

28. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

One of two.. that you know of, Renegade... But then, he hasn't really engaged with the Lantern side of things at all, has he? Too busy building an empire out of a hive of scum and villainy. Can't wait to see him finally meet Sinestro-16 either.

Ah, Batman's playing the 'trust but verify' card, eh? Not unexpected where the Renegade is concerned.

Well, she was officially his sidekick. Until she suddenly became an order of magnitude older than him. Wonder how his meta-physique's coming along, since he accepted the whole awakening deal... Didn't he? It's been a while...

...Wow, that's a hell of a bar. Imagine being that low on someone's list...

That's good to hear, at least. Captain Comet's a nice guy, it's good to see him back in the world.

And what human man wouldn't pass up a chance to date a beautiful orange space babe? Or a handsome orange space hunk, if they prefer.

Ah, Patrick 'Eel' 'Plastic Man' O'Brien. Depending on the writer, a complete joke or a holy terror. Or both at the same time.

"I wonder how hard I could stretch it before it breaks?" Seriously, if I were Plas, I'd feel a chill running along my wobbly spine right now.

Not even to check on the Red Ring you made for Inspector Talbot? I'm surprised. OR does he come to you for check-ups?

And supposedly the result of being exposed to some manner of 'acid'... Earth Bullshit™, am I right?

And Plas just perked up. I doubt Kori is his type, though. But I still ship Kori-Grayson...

That would be one hell of a party. We've all heard about how kinky the Renegade could get with his ring...

:p Well, Farm-boy, you might raise a barn, but the Renegade is an executive, he doesn't do the hard work...

Then again, the League in this timeline hasn't had someone poking them to do things like reading briefings and threat-files... One thing OL did well in his time with the Team.

:eek: Awww, shit. Grab the popcorn, this gon' be good!

And yes, the name's meant to rhyme with Jerry Seigel.

Yeah, Clark would feel the need to poke his nose in, just out of curiosity. Which would likely get it punched in by Karsta...

True, it's definitely a name to run away from. But really, how else would you name a dreadnought capable of glassing a planet?

Worth noting that the Renegade foiled that mission quite handily. And Diana should remember that.

...And who basically owns Lex Luthor? Hint, he's tall, grey and standing right there...

Bitch, you do not get to claim sole ownership of anything Kryptonian. There are prior claims, kiddo.

So play nice, farm boy. That nose-punching is still on the table.

What can you say? Clearly he wanted to show his world's history in the best light. And as a member of the Science Council's family...

...That better not be Grayven-16...

Guessing she's a bit skinnier than her Paragon counterpart because of the radiation exposure, huh? At least she's not wearing that god-awful New 52 'costume'...

Keeping in mind, she hasn't seen him in the flesh since he was a baby... And you can only get so much from photographs.

Kal-el.exe has crashed. Please reboot via percussive maintenance.

Well, that's one hell of a way to finish the opening scenes of a new episode. Not quite an explosion, but that's one hell of a bomb to drop on the Man of Steel. :D Now, it's a Renegade episode, so it's safe to guess that Grayven-16 will be putting in an appearance soon enough. And war will follow him...

29. Mr Zoat

You might want to have a think about the costume she is wearing.

30. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

I meant the one with the crotch-plate. That outfit is nasty, but it pales in comparison to that fashion mistake...