1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. jasonh23761

jasonh23761 Not too sore, are you?

True, it's more in the grand scheme of things I suppose. I think I just have a fondness for the guy, just how earnest he was with Paul and Rocket when he met them for the first time.

He is precious and must be protected.

2. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

You know what? That just makes it another "universe to explore" for Zoat.
    Whether another Paul exists there or if this will be Paragon's "Equestria". (Alt world to visit and have fun in):D

3. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Well the final episode may involve Paul going to an Earth 16 where he didn't show up, so there's that.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
  4. Bud-E

Bud-E Stand up so I can push you down!

Why is Overman so much stronger than Superman? Is it an age thing or has he done something to himself to make himself as strong as possible?

Cuchulin likes this.
  5. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Partially because of the age thing and partially because of that Kryptonian martial art that Overman knows.

6. Galler

Galler Not too sore, are you?

It's a combination of things. He is older and as such has been exposed to the yellow sun for longer. He has also been practicing Torquasm for many years, this would have strengthened his Kryptonian abilities. Finally he is also willing to use lethal force while Superman will struggle not to hold back.

7. w34v3r

w34v3r Versed in the lewd.

Also not every universe gives Kryptonians the exact same capabilities. New Kara's silver age bullshit for example.

8. Senevri

Senevri Not too sore, are you?

I find Overman so much more sympathetic than the Injustice Superman.

I just had "Ranma reconciles with his mother" flashbacks. Ugh.

9. néocorvinus

néocorvinus Versed in the lewd.

Injustice Superman is Evil, and maybe insane. He kills anyone that disagree with him, except Batman, and he does so much worse to him. All because he had one bad day.

Overman lives knowing he incidently helped a world-wide genocide. That his country, nearly everyone he knows, worship pointless hatred and kills innocents for being weak or different. And he is still worthy of being called Superman.

Even Ultraman was made more sympathetic than Injustice Superman

10. Bud-E

Bud-E Stand up so I can push you down!

I kinda hope The JL gets involved with Nazi Earth maybe help Overman set up a less evil government. I know that would take a great deal of time and effort and it's not what the league usually does, but in this case, I can see them making an exception.

Prince Charon and Cuchulin like this.
  11. néocorvinus

néocorvinus Versed in the lewd.

During which ark was Overgirl introduced?

12. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

She was introduced in this episode.

Ardy likes this.
  13. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

The Injustice comics actually made me feel bad for Injustice Superman. There was a period of time where he was actually pretty damn benevolent but people wouldn't stop fucking with him even during that relatively benign period and that progressively pushed him over the edge. Between Batman riding around on a pretty goddamn ridiculous high horse and Wonder Woman being a goddamn psychopath actively encouraging Superman to be an asshole . . . Well, Injustice Superman could have actually turned out pretty great.

Though that's mostly the comic storyline. The games never really portray him as anything other than a piece of shit.

Either way, I absolutely hate and despise the way that Injustice just completely ignores Harley's role in things and instead puts her on some ridiculous pedestal to be worshipped.

As for Overman . . . I'm honestly a little surprised he isn't more indoctrinated than he is, even if he hates the genocides, given he would have been raised from infancy by Nazis who would absolutely be going out of their way to indoctrinate him as much as possible. It's not like he would have had a caretaker encouraging him to question the creed.

14. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

There are stories in DC in which kryptonians and humans aren't genetically compatible.

Probably the most famous of which is All-Star Superman.

They are outnumbered by stories in which that isn't as issue in my experience though.

Since he started this story before season 3, this wasn't him ignoring canon but choosing which canon he liked.

Ardy, Wetbananas and Cuchulin like this.
  15. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

As I understand it, the film is even worse in that regard.

16. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He may have been indoctrinated in his youth but people that have been indoctrinated with such beliefs have broken out of them and he may be no different.

He has also met other versions of himself and seen other universes, so he may have experienced the same thing Angelika did when she saw how those societies worked and how Nazism wasn't necessary.

17. Zig

Zig Not too sore, are you?

The main difference is that Barda is not on Earth yet and is still evil.

Ardy and Cuchulin like this.
  18. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

IIRC, this fic never asserted that there could only be one of each in the universe. They maintain a balance of power to strive to keep the numbers equal, and they don't want to have two Lords of the same kind in the same place, but I'm pretty sure it's not constrained to one per universe.

ChestBurster, Cuchulin, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  19. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I think that it is constrained to one per universe by more than just an understanding or agreement.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the one per universe thing is true.

Cuchulin likes this.
  20. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Is Mordru's planet in another dimension or something?

Cuchulin likes this.
  21. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

No, it's in Universe 16.

After a fight with the Justice Society, Mordru was banished to some place and Klarion took his place.

When Mordru disappeared his home world changed their government and started doing things without him.

After Klarion died, Mordru came back and took over, only to be killed in a plot by renegade.

Cuchulin, ChestBurster and Ngamer11 like this.
  22. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

Um. If, if Constantine is trying to get rid of his Lord of Chaos powers (as he did the Lord of Order powers), maybe Mordru is back in the Paragon timeline. Mordru popping up, ganking (or sending off) Constantine, and proceeding to study the modern world from the shadows… Dang. That’d be a significant threat.

If I’m wrong- anybody know of any other DC fanfics with Mordru as a character?

23. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I think Constantine is trying to master his Chaos powers.

And I know of one fanfic where Mordru shows up, though it was only to introduce himself to Savage.

It's called Mosaic.

Cuchulin likes this.
  24. Threadmarks: Past Participant (part 13)
    Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

16th September 2012
    19:21 GMT

"…access their world."

So this is where the machine the Sivanas built to send us to Witch World ended up.

Dr. Balewa gestures to the inscriptions drawn onto a portion of the device controlling the start and end points. Further runes link that to the chair Mike's sitting on, Nabu's skull-helmet still on his head. Looks like… Steering and anchoring.

Not sure how I'll feel if it turns out that Dr. Balewa only needed an hour or so to bypass the whole 'need a host to use magic' restriction.

Overman is taking a closer look at the helmet.

"This came from their world?"

"Yes. That's one of the functions of the orange light; I can turn people into constructs. Then they become my slaves."

He looks understandably concerned. "Slaves-?"

"Do not be so confident. I have overcome domination spells before."

"I only use it in cases where the target is irredeemable and there's an operational reason to keep them around. In this case, we need access to his Earth and… You don't have to talk to him for long to realise that he's a lost cause."

"I had assumed that you would not use such methods."

Superman gives me a mildly disappointed look.

"We don't. The Justice League don't."

"But sometimes it's really convenient if someone who isn't a member does something and shares what they learned. Superman, I would honestly be happy to debate the efficacy of lethal force with you-. Oh."

I frown.

"Something wrong?"

"If the angels hadn't destroyed the Sword of the Fallen I might have been able to use it to turn him back. One of… Larfleeze's Construct-Lanterns is a Guardian. Even if he ended up back as… They used to be before bonding with their symbiotes, it would still have been a big help for the Green Lantern Corps." I shrug. "Missed opportunity. Sorry. Carry on."

"I would have bound him in ways just as unpleasant and far less reliable. With evil spirits, a magician's options are limited."

Superman looks at Nabu. "What happened to you?"

"I realised how worthless everything I'd ever done and every belief I'd ever had was."

"And so you decided to lash out at everyone around you?"

"You were most persuasive."

Superman blinks, then I see his eyes flick towards Overman for an instant.

"What happened?"

"No. You'll need me to pass undetected through their wards. I want to see your face when you-."

"You're not a free agent, Nabu. Tell him what he wants to know."

"You did."

Superman nods. "I thought that was what you meant. Was I-. Was there something wrong with me from the start?"

"No. You were a virtuous hero. Until you weren't. Or perhaps you were feigning virtue all along. That seems more likely. I certainly wouldn't have tolerated Lois Lane for as long as you did. How many times can a woman fall from a building before it becomes obvious that the problem is her? I wasn't there to witness the change myself, and by the time I returned to the material universe it seemed unimportant."

"So Demon Superman rules over the Earth."

"If you can call it ruling. He mostly just sits there and listens to the misery of the surviving population. I imagine that his super hearing allows him to hear all of it. I wonder how it will make you feel."

"Sick to my stomach, probably. But I'll sleep better at night knowing that I did something than knowing that I did nothing."

"I doubt that. But far be it for me to stop you."

Overman looks thoughtful.

"What is your Superman trying to achieve?"

"Little to nothing. Whatever the netherfiends whispering in his head tell him. I have no particular insight."

"And the other heroes?"

"They are his creatures now, ruined in mind and soul. Monstrous beasts without the intellect he himself maintains."

"And the mark thing?"

"Ritual humiliation. He breaks their will as he breaks their world."

"That doesn't sound like me. If anything, it sounds like Darkseid."

"Darkseid is hardly the only great evil in the universe. In time, you will be just as bad."

"I don’t believe that for a moment. I just met a Nazi version of myself and even he's trying to be a better man." Superman looks over to Overman. "How old did you say you were?"

"I arrived on Earth in nineteen thirty nine. If that is when I was born, then I am seventy three."

"Then it sounds like I've got a little while. Doctor Mist, can you get us there?"

Dr. Balewa nods. "I can open a portal to their Earth. But if I went through myself, I may have difficulty adapting to a world saturated with demon magic."

"Angelica?"

"Yes?"

"Ah, no, Angelica Blaze. Her or Zauriel. Theurgy should still work, shouldn't it?"

He nods. "I believe so. But it would also draw the attention of the entire world."

"We can't fight everyone on the planet, not if we want to save them." Superman nods. "Call them in, but have them on stand by. What do you say, Overman?"

"You want to save them?"

"If an evil version of us has taken over and corrupted the place, I'd say it's our job to fix it."

Overman watches his face for a moment and then looks away, smiling.

"Yes. Let us save these poor huddled masses. I assume that you will not countenance the use of lethal force?"

Superman looks at me for a moment.

"If there-. If there are situations where you can't avoid it without innocent people dying… But try not to."

Overman nods, and Superman flies towards the portal.

"Doctor, send us through."

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
  25. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

it

26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Mist is the oldest known magic user on the planet, so it's not weird that he'd know more about magic compared to other people, including Nabu.

And this may only allow Nabu to use his magic to a limited degree that's inferior compared to a host.

'to fix it'

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
  27. Massgamer

Massgamer Not too sore, are you?

Lol, what?! They are willingly going to demon world earth?! I thought Paul is suppose to be the sensible one!

I would just lock up that universe up and never look back.

0zymandias, Minars90, Ardy and 4 others like this.
  28. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

That universe has started invading other universes so they need to stop them at the source.

If they lock it up then they can still just attack other universes that they are not locked out of or they may find a way to bypass the lock.

29. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

What happened to Jason blood? Or blue devil. Or any of the other demon superheros.

Hell recruit Satanus or Daemon Constantine

30. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Satanus is an enemy of theirs so he may try to double cross them.

The same goes for Demon Constantine. Plus they have no idea where he is.

Good point about Blood and Blue Devil.

Maybe they're not coming since all that Hell energy would mess with their demonic energy and make them go out of control.

Though both have been to Hell, so maybe not that.