1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Good to know it wasn't abandoned, like so many advanced devices are after their debut. I see Doctor Mist has been busy in the meantime, if he's got this set up. Haste may not be the best option, though. Don't want to go off half-cocked.

So, the Doc was able to separate Nabu from Mike without harm, then. No doubt he and his family are safely off somewhere where they can grieve in peace, and hopefully get a little therapy...

As far as they know. I expect having it turn out to be a different world entirely would just complicate the narrative...

:eek: OL, you know how bad it sounds when you just say it like that?

Doctor Mist has my sympathy, then, for having to put up with it. At least now, you can just dump Nabu in a closet, or maybe donate him to the Corps for some much-needed mystical support.

Ah, but that's the rub, isn't it? OL isn't part of the League, is he? Or is this about his perceived youth? Someone his age shouldn't be so casual about killing people?

As long as it doesn't end with Supes going on a murder spree or something on his worst foes... That way leads to injustice...

Gee, if only you'd though of that back before you pissed off Heaven. :rolleyes:

Here we go. Finally some backstory on Earth-Hell...

Wow, when Nabu goes emo, he goes emo hard. I suppose the loftier the height, the further the fall...

And Karl is probably thinking "Oh. Another evil Superman. I wonder what made this one mad?"

Oi, quit the backtalk, you obnoxious bucket. You seem to have forgotten, you aren't in charge of anything anymore...

Not impossible. Sometimes, all it takes is the wrong set of foster parents...

Or what's left of it. I can't imagine how many have died...

And that is what makes him a good man.

Something sounding familiar, Karl? Or just age and wisdom telling you to learn a little more before haring off to punch faces righteously?

More accurate than he realises. What with the culprit of all this being a Kryptonian Demon...

Not too bad. As long as they remember to use the glowing brand thing..

...They can avoid trouble for the most part.

Every being has that potential, Nabu. Even you, which you may not have noticed during your little pity party.

Over twice Superman-16's age. Of course, for a Kryptonian, that's still well in his prime...

So you remain here, watching for a signal. Or they exit to Earth-10 then use their method to get back to Earth-16...

:D Ha!

Well, it would mean a quick mission...

That may not be possible, given Supergirl-Hell's state. Fixing the damage done would not be quick, nor easy... It's not like punching the evil out of that Superman will instantly suck the Hell-mojo out of, well, everything.

'Ah, idealistic youth.' Karl's probably having fun seeing such a lively version of himself...

Well, there's development. Grudging acceptance of a hard truth. As long as he doesn't go loopy like the one time that he had to execute three Kryptonian Criminals in the post-crisis era. :confused: That was a weird story arc.

Whoa, hold it there, blue boy. Want to put together a proper team for this little excursion first?

I really hope Overman speaks up about rushing into an unknown situation. Because this is classic Kal-El all over, blindly rushing off to fix something he feels responsible for... Even OL should be a little wary of jumping into a hellworld. I mean, have they even thought about how they'll get home? How they'll beat Superman-Hell, given their weakness to magic (And yes, I know Karl is probably more resistant, but Kal-16?) Heck, what about not instantly being corrupted upon arrival? Too many unknowns, Kal!

...before it becomes obvious that the problem is her?

2. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He really needs to tell them all about his actual age.

That was less him pissing off Heaven and more Boss Smiley wanting to get him out of the way.

Like Ultraman, who was apparently raised by criminals.

He probably noticed it, but he may not care anymore.

Unless he's the focus of that whole thing, then it just may.

Plus this is probably one of the least morally ambiguous fights he may be in.

Back home he would fight people that a brutal regime wants to exterminate, even though he disagrees with the regimes beliefs, but he knows that if he doesn't fight those people, who were victims of the government, then innocent people may die.

This is by comparison much more simple.

3. Bud-E

Bud-E Stand up so I can push you down!

Fingers crossed this mission doesn't turn into a complete shit show.

4. CTrees

CTrees Chasing the ring

Just destroy the planet. Call up Kalmin, ask for a planet killer designed specifically for a demon infested world (can he make a theurgical planet killer? because that might be a fun challenge for him), and annihilated it. Maybe a couple people like demon Superman survive, but odds are their mechanism for crossing dimensions doesn't.

The Supermen wouldn't go for it, but honestly. If you have a wasp nest by your front door, you poison the entire hive and make sure there are no survivors.

5. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

You naive child.

Paul may not want to do that unless he knows for sure that the planet is a lost cause.

He wants to help people become better and will only give up if he knows for sure that they're beyond redemption.

6. Wivk

Wivk Know what you're doing yet?

Is this paul no longer succeptable to that same thing?

Prince Charon likes this.
  7. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Not sure, though Satanus did make sure that Paul would be corrupted by Mammon, so he may be resistant to it provided that no one targets him in a similar manner.

8. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

This got me thinking. Mr Zoat, does any member of the League actually think of Paul as the guy to call when they need a dirty job to be done? Or is Paul just being glib?

9. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

I would not be surprised if several of them keep that idea in the backs of their heads, but I doubt many would be inclined to admit it, even to Paul (and some not even to themselves).

10. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I don't think they'd think of him as that, given the fact that they're try to avoid murder as much as possible.

11. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    How are you planning on doing that, exactly?
    We're invading alcohol world! Quick, call the alcoholics!
    Mike-?

Oh. Whoops.
    It's not the demons. It's the tainted humans and superhumans, billions of them.
    Only Batman and Guy have consciously thought about it in those terms. But most of the others would just look a bit awkward if you brought it up.

12. Bud-E

During the Sheeda invasion, Batman and the JL signed off on lethal force and sent a team to do just that. This is probably rude but at this point, Superman should just get over his squeamishness when it comes to killing.

13. jasonh23761

jasonh23761 Not too sore, are you?

Very much a tangent but I'm having fun imagining Overman meeting Karst Wor-Ul and the results of that conversation.

Now I'm curious where she is in Karl's home dimension. Perhaps she landed on a different world or something similar. Maybe she died on Krypton after she obeyed the recall order.

Prince Charon and Ardy like this.
  14. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Or she may have left due to the Nazis increased use of Kryptonian tech because she was worried she'd be discovered.

Prince Charon, zeebza, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  15. jasonh23761

jasonh23761 Not too sore, are you?

Does she have the ability to leave Earth? I thought she was trapped due to her having a one way ticket when she deserted. Granted it's been so long since she was introduced that I really don't remember.

Because she is a Kryptonian but she didn't grow up under a yellow sun. Yet she's still spent decades longer then Clark under it. She always struck me as weak but skilled (for a given value of weak, given she's still a Kryptonian) compared to Clark.

Prince Charon and Bud-E like this.
  16. Bud-E

When Clark found her in the Paragon timeline she left earth so she must have some kind of ship.

17. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

After Clark found her she apparently left the planet, so she did have a ship, or at least a means to leave.

And I wouldn't describe her as weak since she was able to beat Clark when he came to see her.

She may have not grown up under a yellow sun but she did spend decades longer than Clark soaking up that energy.

18. webxro

webxro Benevolent Bystander

I wonder if this means we got a checkov flag for another of those god killing swords ? Out of curiosity, do we have any idea what would happen if the Source was somehow poked with one ?

Did think that a demonic planet ruled by a possessed Superman might have a bit of experience of shoving demonic energies into Kryptonians ?

19. Silverias

Silverias Know what you're doing yet?

You underestimate the multiplicative force growth of a construct lantern invasion.

20. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Ah... such naivety.

21. Assblaster5000

Assblaster5000 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Probably a whole load of nothing (partially due to the fact that stabbing an entire dimension thingy is a bit hard, but mostly due to scale I'd imagine), or a lot of very, very angry parties coming for your throat for you killing their deity/power source.

Maybe both since you'd have to be outside of standard spacetime to do it.

Also maybe a whole lot of freed bad guys, potentially including a version of Superboy Prime.

Xmaster3000, Ardy and Darko like this.
  22. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Most likely nothing since the Source is a crapload more powerful than the Second and Third of the Fallen, so at best the Sword would not do much, and at worst it may destroy the Sword.

And Yuga Khan, the guy Nightpain is afraid of.

Xmaster3000, zeebza, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  23. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Whoa cowboy think and plan before you jump...

Also anyone else concerned that the GUARDIANs of universe 666 don't seem to mind that the LIFE ENTITY home has been corrupted to the gills with demon magic? Anyone else think the corruption has gone universal and that all life on the universe now has demon mojo running through it?

Would be interesting if the entire universe is now EVILTM with a few places resisting the corruption and fighting against it.

24. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

That's assuming they put the Life Entity there, or that the demons could corrupt it.

Xmaster3000, Wetbananas and Ardy like this.
  25. BlackCoat13

BlackCoat13 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Hmmm, you know, I wonder if this is actually a Trigon conquered world. I don't think Raven has been in this story yet?

Xmaster3000, Ardy and crazygrox like this.
  26. Bud-E

I'm pretty sure Zoat said it was a Kryptonian demon that possessed Superman who started this.

27. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Trigon isn't a rule by proxy kind of demon-god, he shows up in person and kills all the superheroes type of warlord.

28. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Ah, the "do not kill" bullshit.

How I did not miss you.

Lord Ernest likes this.
  29. Zig

Zig Not too sore, are you?

He literally said it's ok but to try not to? Like that's a pretty healthy attitude to have.

Prince Charon, Cuchulin, Ardy and 4 others like this.
  30. DbDRAKE

DbDRAKE Possibly some sort of Actual Dragon?

When you think about it, Superman meeting GOD DAMN FUCKING NAZI SUPERMAN and there he is, un-brainwashing himself and doin his best; that's gotta be a pretty good self character refrence.

Again, Superman's rediculously harsh self restrictions are probably for the best; given that he seems peg the purest expression of Ultima ratio regum but as a dude that walks around and shit

Prince Charon, Cuchulin and Ardy like this.