1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Mastigos2

Mastigos2 Versed in the lewd.

You know, if Constantine really has figured out Synchronicity Wave Travelling (buffed by being a Lord of Chaos) then this might be something that he's arranged in the background as a giant fuck you to some demon he'll be fighting just as OL finally catches up with him.

2. PrinceJonathan

PrinceJonathan Versed in the lewd.

I feel like Constantine is behind a ward or something that causes anyone actively looking for him to be constantly distracted.

3. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

It would make a great amount of sense, and would be an amusing Watsonian meta-narrative explanation for the course of events, even if it would only apply to Paragon's Earth-related adventures. In a way it's good, like forcing all the pests to come out of the woodwork so they can face extermination (pests in this case being any malignant slumbering magical force, entity or individual). Though maybe John Quinn/Doctor Fate is the one doing it (or they're doing it together, who knows). I do hope it gets resolved soon, even if Constantine still has to be offscreen for the majority of the time because he'd literally magically fix any situation the heroes find themselves in if Paragon could use his most original superpowers of phone-a-friend and networking that he used to deal with problems earlier on in the fic. Though at least maybe he could help take down Circe and finish off the Light once and for all (don't know if she and Boss Smiley are doing some similar reality-warping to cause other problems to pop up because they literally can't deal with the heroes' direct attention, especially Paragon).

I think we've already seen the highest echelon of demons that have an actual chance of showing up in the story (since beings like Lucifer are basically stated to not show up because they're too powerful) and none of them know what's up with John. Maybe he's just been fighting the King of Tears and M'nagalah the Cancer God and Eclipso all by himself off-screen in alternate dimensions to finally eradicate them for good. Or backstabbing/eliminating more malevolent Lords of Chaos like Mordru in wherever they hang out when they can't materialize on the mortal plane of existence.

I'm sure at least one of the billions or trillions of freed Coluans would be willing to be his attache, they seem like they could handle the processing and prioritization tasks well. He could probably even give them a ring.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2022
  4. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Or just have potted plans everywhere.

5. Bud-E

Bud-E Stand up so I can push you down!

Well, at least he's self-aware now.

6. X18999

X18999 Getting some practice in, huh?

Yeah, it's a bit jarring to me... getting rid of Zeus was like a weekend project that only took that long because he had to replace the man, the Olympians seemed to fear him for it, yet he's acting like their subordinate. It's even more with the Justice League... OL is one of the leaders of a galactic army, interacts and advises server interstellar nations, Pantheons, and more but for some reason gets treated like one of the kids by the League. I wouldn't be surprised if most allies thought he was in charge of Earth.

7. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

It's because he doesn't want to be in charge. So he's fine with those situations.

8. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    It's not about what you owe. It's about what you want to achieve.

9. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Tying the Green of earth to the source is how you get a new form of new God plantoid species and get the interest of Darkseid.

But hey let's not ask what else is going to happen to Euanthe... If she even knows.

10. AR760

AR760 Experienced.

Is it odd that I find that Paragon OL gives me some Obsessive Compulsive or actual addiction to his work vibes?

I mean, his unswerving obsession with the concept of the Uplift to the extent it seems to have taken over most of his life, constant bouncing around from one project to the next, seeming difficulty accepting handing tasks off to others to the extent vacations make him uncomfortable, reoccurring discomfort with the idea of disorder, and so on and so on really give me vibes that his thought patterns are closer to some type of abnormality rather than something one would consider well balanced or completely healthy.

Not meant to be a dig at the character, but his behavior does give me this kind of...I don't know. Frantic vibe? Like the thought of a world that is disordered or not spending most of his time working to set it to his idea of order would produce anxiety or discomfort?

Or like the idea of him not working all of the time is liable to send him into a withdrawal of sorts?

I don't know if that makes sense.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2022
  11. Mr Zoat

Welcome to the orange side.

12. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Paul wants to work with Heph to uplift the entire world and he wants to please Heph to make their relationship better, so if he needs to do errands for him then he's fine with it.

Heck, eating vegetables could now be a legitimate way to ward off demons since they may not touch you or eat you without burning up.

Synchronicity Wave Travelling it's called.

I forgot about the Supergirls.

Thanks for reminding me.

Makes sense.

This makes perfect sense.

13. Bud-E

Bud-E Stand up so I can push you down!

Well in DC canon Earth is the fifth world were meant to be the next gods after Apokalypse and New Genesis fall so it make sense if Earth is suddenly full of gods.
    Also, does anyone else still suspect that John Quinn is a creation/split of Constantine to fulfill his role as a Lord of Order?

14. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

That's what he gets for working with Paul.

I remember that in the WITCH cartoon the main villains for the first season, Phobos, would use flowers to listen in on the people in his castle.

Yeah, some magicians that rely on demons could be screwed and it's possible that the Apokaliptians could use it.

15. Liquid Night

Liquid Night Getting sticky.

I wonder if that would include pollen and other small plants?

If so, that would be a pretty amazing demon deterrent.

kyomei93, RamiroGalletti and Bud-E like this.
  16. Tzeentch

Tzeentch I trust you know where the happy button is?

After all Plant Life becomes connected to The Source, with everything it's connected to and influences, to me it seems it's only a matter of time before the other Elemental Kingdoms/Planes follow suit.

Earth in it's entirety may very well become even more of a supernatural hotspot than it was begore.....

17. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Heck, the very air could become toxic to demons since trees produce oxygen.

Cuchulin and Bud-E like this.
  18. HatsAreHats

HatsAreHats Wears sunglasses at night

Wasn't the Supergirl thing Truggs using the one he had as a focus to poke around for other realities to steal tech from? I thought that was what he implied.

19. Sojiko

Sojiko Getting sticky.

That's not actually true. I mean plants not being able to hear. We've recently discovered that you can make them grow their roots in a specific direction by playing the sound of running water there, or that you can get them to activate immune defenses by playing the sound of specific parasites munching on their compatriots.

"no"

20. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

21. Valint

Valint I trust you know where the happy button is?

She shouldn't?

Lady Liberty is actually Libertas, the Roman goddess of liberty, who may or may not be the same person as Eleutheria, the Greek goddess of liberty. (Eleutheria was worshiped in, so far as I know, one city in Lycia. After the city was hellenized, Eleutheria was retroactively downgraded to being an aspect of Artemis.)

If you want a home-grown American goddess, there's Columbia, who's the national personification of the U.S. (the equivalent of Great Britain's Britannia).

... never read any of DC's Uncle Sam plotlines, however, so no idea what the established canon is.

22. Radix

Radix Not too sore, are you?

I mean Paul is the one who set up this overthrow without any sort of succession plan or really anything for the aftermath.

A lot can go wrong here that could spiral out into the human world due to the nature of the gods.

And it would be OL's fault because he negligently and recklessly overthrew Zeus. At least if he did nothing. So he contributes and helps. This is the way OL does things. Not just beat up the bad guy and move on.

And I dont think Jade's vacation was part of it. That was a long time coming and is the thing that put OL on the path to find John.

OL is definitely off mentally, as has been mentioned before by myself and others. His exposure to the Orange Light has significantly altered his worldview from before the Ophidian. Renegade doesnt have this issue. He has his own issues, but they are different. It is also why Blue Lantern Paul hasnt tried to turn on the syndicate even when weakened. He hopes he can make them better. Using the rings alters how you think. Either you lose control, or you change yourself enougg to be functional. But you still change.

Cuchulin, Ardy, kyomei93 and 7 others like this.
  23. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I don't think so.

I think he just captured the demon Supergirl and figured out that he could steal tech from her reality, but I don't think he was behind the various Supergirls showing up.

24. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Uncle Sam is a zeitgeist, the personification of the USA as a "shining city on a hill," who was first summoned to Earth by occultists among the Founding Fathers, so Zoat hasn't really changed that from the comics.

There was a time in which Uncle Sam manifested as Patriot, who seemed less a personification of an ideal, but rather a manifestation of the people, Patriot seemed to be the Melting Pot, the "We the People," but Patriot lasted for like 5 minutes before DC brought Uncle Sam back.

However on Earth 11, the reverse gender world, Uncle Sam's local equivalent is Columbia.

Prince Charon, Cuchulin, Ardy and 3 others like this.
  25. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

So... the only difference I see with Grayven way of doing things is that the New Gods don't care about Earth Gods, that's it.

I find myself really disappointed that uplifting humanity literally needs divine intervention.

26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

It doesn't really need it, but it can certainly be helpful to have the backing and help of several powerful beings that can help speed-up what you're doing and which are able to provide assistance and things that most mortals can't.

Ardy likes this.
  27. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

To be fair to Zoat DC established that becoming the New New Gods was one of the fates of humanity.

It also established that one of the other fates was to be the New Guardians of the Universe, which makes me wonder if Zoat is planning on that for the Paragon timelilne.

Ardy and Bud-E like this.
  28. Sordid Snake

Sordid Snake (Verified Viper)

And Etrigan will have to run classes on "Self Defence against Mortals Armed With Fresh Fruit" for the other demons.

erebus1994, Cuchulin, Ardy and 3 others like this.
  29. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Look, he only wanted to replace Zeus; the Ares thing was not his doing. If they need a new God of War? Well he already helped with that; time to move on.

Ardy likes this.
  30. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Agreeing with Vaermina this time around, although I also think there's a decent chance that instead of this being the Silver City's machinations coming to fruition (pun intended)... there might have been a reason the Silver City didn't do something heavy-handed to protect Earth from the forces of Hell before.

Vaermina, Ngamer11 and Enochi like this.